Magnus's Top 100 Songs of 2018: FINISHED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Magnus
    ^ Does that mean you didn't read my reply to Akini above? ;)

Yes, I think I even commented in my "diary" how "Hunter & Prey" was the worst single choice for me. At least she picked the best picture from the album booklet as the cover picture for it... And I still like that song too; if I would rank all albums I own according to the worst song on them, Emmelie's album would still be at least in the top 5, the same as in the normal ranking.
    No, I didn't

Aw. I hate that when one of my favorite artist picks the 'wrong' single. It also was a mystery to me how she ended the era after that second single, she should have pushed the album so much more. Oh well. Good to hear that, it's impressive if even the worst song on an album is that good in an overall ranking!

Comment

I have updated the posts in this thread to fix the errors (missing characters and formatting errors) caused by the forum conversion.

I have decided to not make a thread with my 2019 YEC or the 2010's DEC. Too much work and (almost?) nobody really cares.

Links to my earlier YEC threads: (Those have only been partially corrected, but the errors are less severe there.)

Last edited by Magnus; Fri December 27th, 2019, 20:25.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
        I have decided to not make a thread with my 2019 YEC or the 2010's DEC. Too much work and (almost?) nobody really cares.

That's make me sad (I really wanted to see Anmary in your list and re-listen her beautiful song again), but can understand your decision. I canceled my 2019 year-end chart for the same reason.
        Last edited by LastDreamer; Fri December 27th, 2019, 21:48.
        My celebrity crushes : Monika Sedziuviene, Kristina Ivanova (YVA).

Dreamer, you must to visit Lithuania and see/listen a live concert of your YVA strawberries.

Comment

Originally posted by LastDreamer View Post

That's make me sad (I really wanted to see Anmary in your list and re-listen her beautiful song again), but can understand your decision. I canceled my 2019 year-end chart for the same reason.
          Thanks for commenting!

I had forgotten about it, but I just found that I wrote this in a comment reply earlier this year:

(If I don't get banned from UKMix before that, when 2019 is over I will do a countdown of the Decade chart, i.e. my most played songs from the 2010's, instead of the 2019 YEC.)
          So unless I manage to get myself banned very soon, the way I wrote that I guess that despite what I just said earlier today I have to post the DEC in some form. And now I almost got excited about it... I'm not going to start it until everything is ready though, which will be at least 10-15 days into the new year. (Which also gives me more time to get banned or the forum to crash in the next update...)

Comment

Already came here to say I'm sad there won't be another list from you, but glad to hear that there may be a DEC chart at least!

Maybe you still like to post a short YEC Top10 or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Tansike View Post
              Already came here to say I'm sad there won't be another list from you, but glad to hear that there may be a DEC chart at least!

Maybe you still like to post a short YEC Top10 or something?
              Thanks for commenting!

For 2019 the top of the YEC will just be an ordered subset of the DEC! If I post the full (top 500) DEC, then the top x of the 2019 YEC can easily be inferred from that, where I guess x will be around 40. And of course this means it would also be easy to post that separately, but not before the DEC.

Comment

Yes, don't desert us. I can tell you now that my own best song/single of the decade would be one you like - i've already given it away on Twitter. I don't think i have the patience to do a decade chart. Not yet, anyway.
                Tony's Charts ft Hits / Albums (15th Feb 20) - Cam, Polly Scattergood, Cerrone, Blanche, Seth Lakeman, La Roux

Comment

Thanks for commenting!

For 2019 the top of the YEC will just be an ordered subset of the DEC! If I post the full (top 500) DEC, then the top x of the 2019 YEC can easily be inferred from that, where I guess x will be around 40. And of course this means it would also be easy to post that separately, but not before the DEC.
                  Ah, that's true. So I'm definitely looking forward to your Decade-End Charts

Comment

Thanks for commenting again, Blondini and Tansike!

There is a DEC thread now, although I seem to be more interested in new experimental (probably highly unreadable) ways to present it than to prepare it in the old format.

Comment

I have decided to not make a thread with my 2019 YEC or the 2010's DEC.
                      Scratch that! I have now decided to make a YEC thread for 2019 too:

https://www.ukmix.org/showthread.php...-of-2019-Intro

Comment

Working...
                      X