Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
    Love Bad Guy!
    me too - what a cool lady - can't believe she's so young - probably my favorite pop girl this year. If you can call it pop?

Comment

• "I Like That" is the rare occurence of putting a trap beat to a good use.
      Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Playing catch-up with the top tens I have planned - here are the top ten groups of the decade. Don't tend to listen to as many groups as I do solo vocalists, so only four top tens were required to make this list, with Pentatonix skating in at literally the last minute, and with the help of Whitney Houston.

Artist Total top tens Spotlight Track
        Coldplay
        9 A Sky Full of Stars
        Maroon 5
        9 One More Night
        Years & Years
        8 Shine
        Grace Potter and the Nocturnals
        6 Paris (Ooh La La)
        Fitz and the Tantrums
        6 Out Of My League
        The Lumineers
        6 It Wasn't Easy To Be Happy For You
        Bastille
        5 Joy
        Imagine Dragons
        5 Thunder
        Saint Motel
        4 You Fine
        Pentatonix
        4 Do You Hear What I Hear (with Whitney Houston)

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• I prefer the memetastic "Despacito 2" (the original's popularity was insane, so the parody managed to amass 70M+ views)

Comment

• Originally posted by heppolo View Post
                  "I Like That" is the rare occurrence of putting a trap beat to a good use.
                  Unfortunately, there's a lot of dull, trash trap out there. Janelle's take is heavenly though

Originally posted by heppolo View Post
                  I prefer the memetastic "Despacito 2" (the original's popularity was insane, so the parody managed to amass 70M+ views)
                  LOLLLLLL, that's bizarre and that ending Some people have too much free time.

Comment

• "I Like That" is terrific! I think I loved it immediately. "Bad Guy" is an interesting track indeed. I'm happy it was such a big hit.

I have to double-check to be sure, but I'm fairly sure "Telephone" is my favourite all-female collaboration of the 2010s. "Hard Out Here" is quintessential Lily loveliness. Forget your balls and grow a pair of tits is one of my favourite lyrical moments in music history.

"Despacito" is so catchy!
                    Akini's Top 400 Songs of the Decade: [315-311]

Comment

• Love I Like That, one of my Janelle faves.

Telephone is quite iconic, I don't play it anymore like 90% of Gaga's stuff, but it's such a fun song. She blended pop and weird so well in that era.

Hard Out Here is great, one of Lily's best tunes tbh despite the autotune
                      last.fm

Comment

• Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
                        "I Like That" is terrific! I think I loved it immediately. "Bad Guy" is an interesting track indeed. I'm happy it was such a big hit.

I have to double-check to be sure, but I'm fairly sure "Telephone" is my favourite all-female collaboration of the 2010s. "Hard Out Here" is quintessential Lily loveliness. Forget your balls and grow a pair of tits is one of my favourite lyrical moments in music history.

"Despacito" is so catchy!
                        Originally posted by Carbon View Post
                        Love I Like That, one of my Janelle faves.

Telephone is quite iconic, I don't play it anymore like 90% of Gaga's stuff, but it's such a fun song. She blended pop and weird so well in that era.

Hard Out Here is great, one of Lily's best tunes tbh despite the autotune
                        I Like That has so many great lines - a huge highlight form Dirty Computer. I wonder when we'll get our next music from Janelle - she's got such a strong acting career going now, I fear it will be awhile.

I am happy that Gaga has been so versatile since Artpop, but I do miss her effortless bops form that era. I had so much fun with Telephone back when it was smashing. And Bey's feature is pretty iconic - at least for me. For months after that song, when something was trash, I would say "this is a disasta'" just like her.

And Hard Out Here - it was so Lily - I had missed her os much and she came out with something extremely her. I don't know what happened with her last album. I feel like I've lost that Lily forever because it really did nothing for me.

And, of course, I love Despacito, even though I know a lot of people on here were sick to death of it.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• I love 'Rumour Has It', Adele does the more uptempo moments brilliantly!

Comment

• Wow, I didn't realise you liked "Truth Hurts" that much! It's interesting that it became such a massive hit, as I don't think it's close to her best, but you never know what'll resonate with the GP and when. I do agree it has some terrific lines.

I don't love "Rumour Has It", but the Glee Cast did a mash-up of that with "Someone Like You", which remains one of the musical highlights of the decade for me.

Comment

• • Really love the presentation here, with your write-ups imposed over images/video stills. It's always perfectly legible too, which isn't easy to achieve when you put text on top of pictures like those!
                                    • The success of "What Doesn't Kill You" was such a satisfying surprise, especially since Kelly had been on the scene for nearly a decade (like you mentioned), and her previous few singles had done alright-but-not-great (or outright flopped, in the case of "All I Ever Wanted").
                                    • I owe Akini's enthusiasm for "I Like That" for keeping that song on my mind until it genuinely grew on me. Now it stands as my second-most-played track on Dirty Computer (just one Scrobble behind "Make Me Feel").
                                    • I'm still shaking my head at "Telephone" falling short of No. 1 on the Hot 100. I think it had something to do with the video being released relatively late in the song's run? At least the UK did it justice. I adored most of Gaga's early singles, but "Telephone" might be the one I wound up revisiting the most throughout the decade.
                                    • "Summer of Jeff," you say? Does this mean I've finally learned your real name?! That bombshell aside, I wouldn't have guessed "Despacito" would land just outside your Top 40! Ditto for "Truth Hurts," actually. Like you and Akini both said, "Truth Hurts" is SO quotable, which certainly aided its success in this age of omnipresent memes, GIFs, and such. You and I have touched on this before over in your weekly chart thread, but it's been fascinating to watch the unusual trajectory her breakout took (especially in the US, where "Juice" was basically totally overlooked in favor of two older singles).
                                    • Nothing against "Someone Like You" - it's undenidably one of the signature hits of the decade - but I'm personally pleased to see the comparatively-overshadowed "Rumour Has It" rank above that mega-smash here!
                                    last.fm

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• If only "Love The Way You Lie" was a Rihanna solo song and didn't have any traces of Eminem...

Comment

• Truth Hurts is amazing, still my favourite from Lizzo!
                                              Rumour Has It is a good one, very addictive. I don't play it that often anymore much like the whole album cause it was overplayed to death, but it's still a good song
                                              It Ain't Me is great, was one of my faves of that year
                                              Truffle Butter is catchy, that beat is so good
                                              last.fm

Comment

• LTWYL is too overplayed for me.

Telephone was a pop masterpiece, the hype for that video...!

Comment

• I actually don't like "Truffle Butter". "It Ain't Me" is decent.

"Love the Way You Lie" is great! Do you also enjoy Part II?

Comment

• Truffle Butter is a bop. Gotta love 'Love The Way You Lie' too, even though both artists have done far better!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X