X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My faves

017. Zara Larsson - All The Time
    010. Dua Lipa - Don't Start Now
    007. Carly Rae Jepsen - Now That I Found You (I have to admit I'm a bit over it now, the cat video is still IT tho)
    001. Tiesto, Jonas Blue and Rita Ora - Ritual YASSS
    [#1 REVEALED!] 2019 Year End Charts: The 20/20 Experience

My Song Charts

Comment

• So your top 2 is real bop central. 'Ritual' is such a great song, just a huge dance/pop song. It kind of has that carefree feel that my favourite Rita song, 'Anywhere', has. Would love her to go down this route more with #RO3

Comment

• Originally posted by steophonic View Post
        Excellent top 2. And could this be the first time ever that we have shared the same EOY #1? Your taste has certainly improved!
        Honestly judging by the rest of your chart I think it's just that yours got worse x
        Check out my Top 100 of 2012 Countdown!

Comment

• Thanks all, onto albums now!

15. Jax Jones - Snacks

I'm a bit harder on those albums that come out after they've had eight successful singles as it's easier to make a really great album right? This is a really top singles collection though, almost an early GH!

Best tracks: Play, Breathe, All Day & Night

14. Sara Bareilles - Amidst The Chaos

This has got to register as a bit of a disappointment given that her previous studio record proper is my favourite of all time and even the songs from Waitress was an album I loved. Still, there are some strong tracks here regardless.

Best tracks: Saint Honesty, Poetry By Dead Men, No Such Thing

13. Alessia Cara - This Summer

A tidy little EP, and a real return to form for her, easy, breezy summer pop fun.

Best tracks: OKAY OKAY, Ready, Rooting For You

12. Two Door Cinema Club - False Alarm

A very cool era with great visuals, promo and tours - just a slight disappointment coming off the back of the excellent last record. Some BIG bops, but some other unnecessary stuff.

Best tracks: Satisfaction Guaranteed, Nice To See You, Dirty Air

11. Bastille - Doom Days

Another solid album from Bastille, I don't dislike any of it, but neither did it fully inspire me either. A great easy listen though.

Best tracks: Doom Days, Quarter Past Midnight, Those Nights

10. MARINA - Love + Fear

Another decent easy listen but it felt low key and less personality than I'm used to from Marina? Is there some great tracks? Yes. Did it feel like magic? No.

Best tracks: Enjoy Your Life, Life Is Strange, Handmade Heaven, Karma

09. Claire Richards - My Wildest Dreams

A truly positive surprise, Claire delivered some bops and some traditional iconic ballads, WAY better than I expected.

Best tracks: Liar, On My Own, Ruins, Deep Waters

08. Nina Nesbitt - The Sun Will Come Up, The Seasons Will Change

I preferred much of the stuff I had already heard by the time the album came out, but Nina delivered fun pop, introspective ballads and great artwork!

Best tracks: Colder, Loyal To Me, The Moments I'm Missing, Love Letter

07. Betty Who - Betty

I didn't know too much about Betty until I discovered Taste last year, so to discover a great full album of bops was a great surprise!

Best tracks: Ignore Me, Taste, I Just Thought You Should Know, Language

06. Harry Styles - Fine Line

Another surprise! I thought the first era was SO DULL. This is a grower but some big mature, well executed pop moments!

Best tracks: Watermelon Sugar, To Be So Lonely, Golden, Adore You

05. Taylor Swift - Lover

There's absolutely fat to be chopped here, it didn't need to be as long, BUT there is a really solid and mature album in here, I think this was a wise step in the right direction after the previous era

Best tracks: Death By A Thousand Cuts, False God, Cruel Summer, The Man, Paper Rings

04. Becky Hill - Get To Know

Okay so I know what I said about records which are basically singles collections by the time they are released (and this WAS penalised as it could have been a contender for No.1, it is cheating a bit to see what hits you have haha) however it's just SUCH a strong collection of singles, it still deserves this praise. BIG BIG hits here.

Best tracks: Wish You Well, Sunrise In The East, I Could Get Used To This, Changing, Back & Forth

03. Lizzo - Cuz I Love You

Bold, brash, upbeat, funky, just a really cool album. And the 'Deluxe Version' with the old singles only strengthens it, and means I can finally give credit to Water Me!

Best tracks: Water Me, Better In Colour, Boys, Soulmate, Better In Color

02. Sigrid - Sucker Punch

After topping my chart last year with High Five (not on this album, bizarrely) it should be no surprise to see Sigrid here. SOLID af. A couple of HUGE ballads, the rest amazing scandipop. The songs that made my chart this year, even one in my EOY top 40 struggle to be in the top 5 songs on this album. It's ace.

Best tracks: Sucker Punch, Business Dinners, Never Mine, Dynamite, Don't KilL My Vibe

01. Carly Rae Jepsen - Dedicated

An interesting one as she only cropped up once on my singles chart despite 4 eligible singles. However it's the REST of this album that resonates so well with me, it's SO strong, I played it on repeat for literally months.

Best tracks: Right Place Wrong Time, The Sound, Happy Not Knowing, Now That I Found You, For Sure, Real Love, Everything He Needs, I'lL Be Your Girl, Feels Right

Congratulations to Carly on my favourite album of 2019! Big year for the pop girls... and Harry! Artists to come soon!

Comment

• Hi there!
            Really like most of the songs in your Year-End list!
            As for your albums, I like all of them except for "Amidst The Chaos", "Love + Fear", "My Wildest Dreams" and "Betty" (I haven't heard all 4 of these albums yet.)
            Sergej's Personal Chart

Comment

• Betty Who is good. Carly almost made my YE - i see your point about the overall strength vs the singles.
              Claire's is mostly good.
              I want more pop from Nina and less ballads, not keen on most of her ballads.
              Harry's first was better though less diverse - mainly because old farts like me could spot all the classic rock references plus it flowed better.
              He's more pop again here and some tracks are bland musically.
              Tony's Charts ft Hits / Albums (15th Feb 20) - Cam, Polly Scattergood, Cerrone, Blanche, Seth Lakeman, La Roux

Comment

• 15. Jax Jones - Snacks
                14. Sara Bareilles - Amidst The Chaos
                13. Alessia Cara - This Summer
                11. Bastille - Doom Days
                10. MARINA - Love + Fear
                06. Harry Styles - Fine Line
                05. Taylor Swift - Lover
                03. Lizzo - Cuz I Love You
                02. Sigrid - Sucker Punch
                01. Carly Rae Jepsen - Dedicated

Great album countdown! "Love + Fear", "Fine Line" and "Lover" are my personal faves from that list, Marina and Taylor made a big impact on my 2019 as well while Harry is currently smashing for me.

Comment

• Love to see:

11. Bastille - Doom Days
                  10. MARINA - Love + Fear
                  05. Taylor Swift - Lover
                  01. Carly Rae Jepsen - Dedicated (I finally got into it )
                  [#1 REVEALED!] 2019 Year End Charts: The 20/20 Experience

My Song Charts

Comment

• Thanks guys, last is my top artists list for the year. Forty this year as I just kept coming up with people! They can qualify by having hit singles, great albums or providing great gig experiences.. in case you wonder why people crop up here but not in my other lists... then they put on a good gig!

40. Jonas Blue
                    39. Camila Cabello
                    38. Martin Garrix
                    37. Ava Max
                    36. Kim Petras
                    35. Gorgon City
                    34. Ariana Grande
                    33. RAYE
                    32. Ed Sheeran
                    31. M-22

30. Normani
                    29. Cheryl
                    28. John Mayer
                    27. The 1975
                    26. Mabel
                    25. Alessia Cara
                    24. Miley Cyrus
                    23. Jax Jones
                    22. Saara Aalto
                    21. MARINA

20. Rita Ora
                    19. Betty Who
                    18. Fickle Friends
                    17. Nina Nesbitt
                    16. Bastille
                    15. Taylor Swift
                    14. Little Mix
                    13. Sam Smith
                    12. Years & Years
                    11. Harry Styles

10. Zara Larsson
                    09. Alec Benjamin
                    08. Janelle Monae
                    07. Two Door Cinema Club
                    06. Panic! At The Disco

05. Kylie Minogue
                    04. Becky Hill
                    03. Sigrid
                    02. Lizzo
                    01. CARLY RAE JEPSEN

VERY similar to my album top four, saw all four in concert this year, all are and were amazing!

Comment

• Amidst the Chaos was okay, though it was a bit tepid for me. I only listened to Fine Line once and I didn't like the non-singles much, save for "Falling".

Lover is quality through and through. Sure, a few tracks could have been axed, but it's genuinely impressive that an 18-track LP has no clunker on it. I enjoyed Cuz I Love You. It's got my favourite song of 2019 after all!

Your reaction to my not-overwhelmingly-positive Dedicated commentary makes sense now. I'm a pop lover through and through so I definitely appreciate the record. I think I compare it so much to her last record that I may have undersold my love for it, but it's a quality LP. Good albums list!

Great top two artists! I'm definitely looking forward to seeing Lizzo live.

Originally posted by king_oxymoron View Post
                      You have a bit of a knack of choosing the one song of the twelve that didn't make it Akini lol
                      When I don't have any inside intel, I just go with my favourite song most of the time. That doesn't seem to work with you.
                      Akini's Top 400 Songs of the 2010s: [385-381]

The forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe, for the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was made of wood, he was one of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by king_oxymoron View Post

VERY similar to my album top four, saw all four in concert this year, all are and were amazing!
                        What is this Kylie shade?

Comment

• How is that shade?! She wasn't in the album top four! In fact, she wasn't in either the album or singles chart and STILL made top five artists of the year, calm yourself down!

Comment

• 39. Camila Cabello
                            38. Martin Garrix
                            37. Ava Max
                            36. Kim Petras
                            34. Ariana Grande
                            32. Ed Sheeran
                            30. Normani
                            28. John Mayer
                            25. Alessia Cara
                            24. Miley Cyrus
                            23. Jax Jones
                            22. Saara Aalto
                            21. MARINA
                            20. Rita Ora
                            16. Bastille
                            15. Taylor Swift
                            14. Little Mix
                            13. Sam Smith
                            12. Years & Years
                            11. Harry Styles
                            10. Zara Larsson
                            08. Janelle Monae
                            06. Panic! At The Disco
                            05. Kylie Minogue
                            03. Sigrid
                            02. Lizzo
                            01. CARLY RAE JEPSEN

Strong list of artists! I enjoy most of them

Comment

• Originally posted by king_oxymoron View Post
                              How is that shade?! She wasn't in the album top four! In fact, she wasn't in either the album or singles chart and STILL made top five artists of the year, calm yourself down!
                              You saw her in THE BIGGEST CONCERT OF THE YEAR.

With me!

Comment

Working...
                              X