34. Dido - Take You Home
    33. Bebe Rexha - Last Hurrah
    30. Kim Petras - Icy
    29. Billie Eilish - Everything I Wanted
    28. Post Malone - Circles
    27. Meghan Trainor - All the Ways
    24. Miley Cyrus - Mother's Daughter
    22. Grimes & i_o - Violence

I'm kinda surprised how many songs I know from your countdown because of what you posted in the opening post!
    Some fantastic tunes there. Ranked "Mother's Daughter" and "Violence" similar, so glad to see you enjoyed them so much as well. Only discovered Kim Petras at the end of 2019, so she'll smash in 2020 for me. Better late than never, I guess

Also yasss for "Last Hurrah". Post Malone is an unexpected appearance but I agree that "Circles" was surprisingly good for his standards.

Comment

• Circles is the first Post Malone track I have enjoyed! Yes I'm also here to celebrate Grimes making another appearance - Violence is a great track.
      Ste's Personal Chart 2020

Comment

• This is one is FABOLOUS! I agree with your comment 100% and it's by far my fave of hers as well.

29. Billie Eilish - Everything I Wanted
        [#1 REVEALED!] 2019 Year End Charts: The 20/20 Experience

My Song Charts

Comment

• Thanks for the comments guys! I'm finding it hard to quote in this new kmix so forgive me for lack of personalized replies
          last.fm

Comment

• We're entering in the top 20, not that anyone cares considering how long I've been dragging this

20. Grimes - So Heavy I Fell Through the Earth

Ethereal weird spacial flowy Grimes at her best, this is such an atmospheric song that transports me into a different dimension.

19. Katy Perry - Never Really Over

Katy has been very hit or miss for a while now, but this song was a hit for me, such a powerful and anthemic chorus, and love how it changes the pace of the song. I believe she could have had a second chance at success following this one, but killed it with its follow-up single.

18. Lana Del Rey - Doin' Time

Even though only a cover, this is definitely a gem in her opus (though she has so many at this point). She made it her own and I'm so glad that it was a minor success from the era (apart from the album itself. The video is genius, as well.

17. Noah Cyrus - July

Knowing her discography, this didn't feel genuine as I think her team is pretty much trying anything at this point to see if it sticks. Still, the song itself is so pretty and well made. Love the lyrics, the guitar and the overall mood. Would have loved to see her continue in this vein, sounds very Miley.

16. Jessie Ware - Mirage (Don't Stop)

Hate how she's treating her latest songs. Where's the hype, the music videos, the promo??? This is another amazing effort from Jessie and it saddens me that no one will even notice it. At this point she could become the next Roisin Murphy.
            Last edited by Carbon; Sat January 25th, 2020, 15:46.
            last.fm

Comment

• 15. Tennis - Runner

Another discovery through the Youtube algorithm, really cool indie pop-ish song. Love her voice a lot.

14. Dua Lipa - Don't Start Now

One of my Dua faves! When that beat kicks in at the beginning I go wild inside. Such a danceable, fun and carefree song, sometimes just what we need.

13. Maisie Peters - This Is on You

Not sure I remember how I stumbled upon this, but I'm so glad. Starts off like a typical nothing special pop song, but the chorus has something so special, reflective and cosy about it, can't help loving it so much.

12. Pomme - Je sais pas danser

Pomme is kicking ass this year. I love her previous stuff too, but something about the sound of her newest singles and the lyrical themes is just stunning and cutting straight to the heart. She writes about so many relatable themes in such a poetic way, a joy to listen to.

11. Skylar Grey - Shame On You

So Fleetwood Mac it's so good. Deserved a video, too. She's so versatile and talented, I'd love to hear more music like this from her.
              last.fm

Comment

• My faves:

My Song Charts

Comment

• Originally posted by LOVE+FEAR View Post
                  My faves:

Both great pop releases from last year!
                  last.fm

Comment

• 20. Grimes - So Heavy I Fell Through the Earth
                    17. Noah Cyrus - July

Great Top20 so far!
                    "So Heavy I Fell Through The Earth" is definitely my fave of the bunch. What a fantastic song! The album is shaping up to be a masterpiece at this point. Also love "Doin' Time" and "Don't Start Now", both also made my countdown in 2019.

"July" is cute, not one of my faves by Noah to be honest. Though it's nice how it has started to take off on some charts now... I think her first song to get some serious chart entries since "Make Me Cry".

Comment

• Nice to see "Never Really Over", "Doin' Time" and especially "Don't Start Now" in there!
                      My favourite of them being "Don't Start Now", but honestly all 3 of those would make my Year-end list in 2019.
                      Sergej's Personal Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                        20. Grimes - So Heavy I Fell Through the Earth
                        17. Noah Cyrus - July

Great Top20 so far!
                        "So Heavy I Fell Through The Earth" is definitely my fave of the bunch. What a fantastic song! The album is shaping up to be a masterpiece at this point. Also love "Doin' Time" and "Don't Start Now", both also made my countdown in 2019.

"July" is cute, not one of my faves by Noah to be honest. Though it's nice how it has started to take off on some charts now... I think her first song to get some serious chart entries since "Make Me Cry".
                        Glad you like all of these! Didn't know July ended up becoming her biggest single since Make Me Cry! That's so nice to see tbh, I'm not rooting for her, but the song deserves it.
                        last.fm

Comment

• Originally posted by sergejdordij98 View Post
                          Nice to see "Never Really Over", "Doin' Time" and especially "Don't Start Now" in there!
                          My favourite of them being "Don't Start Now", but honestly all 3 of those would make my Year-end list in 2019.
                          Thanks for the comment, those three are really good indeed
                          last.fm

Comment

• About time I wrapped this up...

10. INNA - Te Vas

Perfect blend of her Eurodance roots and the new style she adopted on this album. I'd say this is the highlight of the era and I wish it had lead single treatment or something like that, it could've been bigger.

9. Miel de Montagne - L'Amour

Another French song, I've been into French music a lot lately. What a magical, cosy and beautiful song about love, I cannot even. The video is super cute as well.

8. Caroline Polachek - So Hot You're Hurting My Feelings

Not a fan of the title, it made me avoir playing it for some time. The song is actually so good and quirky, love the vocal layers she puts all over it and the tongue-in-cheek lyrics. Hope it becomes a moderate hit for her, it sounds great for the radio.

7. JORDANN - Café Speed

Another one I'd describe as magical and cosy, love the funky retro vibe it has going on.

6. JoJo - Joanna

Blew me away tbh, very simple and to the point, but cleverly written. I could really feel the emotions coming through, for me this is her career highlight in terms of artistry.
                            last.fm

Comment

• 5. Miley Cyrus - Slide Away

An epic introspective song that reminds me so much of 90s/early 00s classics such as Bittersweet Symphony. It will forever remain an underrated single in her catalogue. For me this is one of the biggest proofs of her talent.

4. Kacey Musgraves - Rainbow

A piano ballad called Rainbow, sounds as if it could be cheesy, but for me it works. Reminds me of some old singer-songwriter classics, something Leonard Cohen would release, but maybe a bit more girly. Overall stunning song that moves me everytime.

3. MARINA - Superstar

As much as I think her last album was flawed in places, this song is one of the highlights. Combines modern pop sounds with her enchanting voice and clever lyrics perfectly. I think she set the bar really high for me with this and Handmade Heaven, which is why I was a bit underwhelmed when I heard the rest.

2. Bat for Lashes - Kids in the Dark

Yes, another "magical" one but it so is! Like a soundtrack to an old movie, reminds me a lot of Lana Del Rey's Love in terms of atmosphere for some reason. Makes me want to be in love.

1. MARINA - Handmade Heaven

Such a wholesome, hopeful and inspiring song for me. I can truly feel Marina's happiness shining through, and it's nice to hear after having heard her first two albums. It has something timeless about it for me. I would write more, but at this point I want to finish this countdown.

Thanks to everyone who followed, especially those who did it till the end. I wish I hadn't neglected this so much and dragged it along, the general interest has been lost, which is a shame as the top 20 are all so dear to me.
                              last.fm

Comment

• Your #1

And I feel you, I was very busy in January and in addition, there was the UKMix forum update, which prevented me from posting updates and also I felt like people were a bit lost the early days. On the other hand, I really need the time between Christmas and the new year to rank my songs, so there's no real alternative. While I post my first ranks, there are still changes regarding my Top 10/20 ...

My Song Charts

Comment

Working...
                                X