No announcement yet.

Tansike's Year-End Charts 2019 [#1 revealed]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• El Ritmo Psicodélico, Don’t Start Now, Old Town Road, Te vas, Torn, Carry On, Unfaithful - all of these enormous tunes are way too low, aren't they? Very pleased to see especially Kygo & Rita Ora here, expected more of this song in the world charts, so sad this flopped.
    Summer Top 10 - 2020.

Comment

• Originally posted by sergejdordij98 View Post
      Took time to read your Year-End list.
      I really enjoyed it, I like most of the songs on there, love that "Spirit In The Sky" and "Nothing Breaks Like A Heart" reached your top 10 of the year!
      Plus points for having a lot of Eurovision songs on your top 100 and your bubbling under list!
      Great year-end list, really made new discoveries on your list!
      Hey, welcome to UKMix and thanks for reading through my Year-End Charts!
      Glad you enjoy most of the songs and especially "Spirit In The Sky" & "Nothing Breaks Like A Heart".
      The Eurovision Song Contest is always a huge highlight of the year for me, most entries made it onto my weekly chart last year and so they all appear on the Bubbling Under list
      Thank you, glad to hear that!

Comment

• Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
        Not the most familiar top 5 you've had, but I do like the all-Lindsey top 2! As for the fairly low total score, could that just be down to your library being more diverse in 2019 than ever before? I know that's certainly why songs spend fewer days atop my chart than they did back in 2009-2011.
        True, this year I was rooting for several artists that aren't too popular. Glad to hear you enjoy Lindsey owning the Top2 and you've got a great point there, that's probably really the reason for the fairly low total score of "Artemis".

Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
        It is weird! Do you have the Untucked episodes on your Netflix? I recently realised that Untucked for seasons seven to nine are available on YouTube in the US.

Her drag is still sickening!
        No, I don't have them. There were reports about them getting added last Fall but it never happened for Switzerland. But I knew about S7-9 being on YouTube, as the last time I was watching those seasons, I watched an episode on the TV through Netflix, only to change to YouTube for Untucked afterwards.

Great video / performance!

Comment

• Originally posted by heppolo View Post
          Strong Lindsey presence. Both pieces are actually quite enjoyable.
          Very glad to hear they're enjoyable for you!

Comment

• Originally posted by Top10 View Post
            El Ritmo Psicodélico, Don’t Start Now, Old Town Road, Te vas, Torn, Carry On, Unfaithful - all of these enormous tunes are way too low, aren't they? Very pleased to see especially Kygo & Rita Ora here, expected more of this song in the world charts, so sad this flopped.
            Ha... well, I always try to look at it from another side of view: At least they made it on my weekly chart in 2019 and therefor made this countdown Glad you enjoy all those, and I completely agree about "Carry On"!

Comment

• Sadly not into any of the top 3, but overall nice countdown, there is quite a number of songs I enjoy here
              last.fm

Comment

• Originally posted by Carbon View Post
                Sadly not into any of the top 3, but overall nice countdown, there is quite a number of songs I enjoy here
                Aww... that's sad but obviously not unexpected. But thanks, really glad to hear you enjoyed the countdown overall and also enjoyed lots of songs here!

Comment

M A M M Y . . A W A R D S . . 2 0 2 0
                  The Mammy Awards are an annual award 'show' I've started many years ago. The word Mammy comes from Grammy, and my first name starts with a M, that's how the term Mammy originated.

There are a total of 20 different categories and before going into the Album Year-End Charts, the first half - the song categories - are already revealed now, with the second half being revealed once the Album Year-End Charts is over. This is all fun and the winners are chosen by me once all nominees are revealed, but you all can obviously guess the winners, leave your thoughts about it or comment what nominee would be your favorite.

Song Of The Year

Artemis by Lindsey Stirling
                  Better by Kerli
                  Love Me & Let Me Go by Ashley Tisdale

The Mammy for ’Song Of The Year’ is for every single that was released during 2019 or late 2018, no matter of its genre. The song that made the biggest impact on me during that year will win. That category exists since 2011.
                  Best Pop Solo Performance

Chameleon by Michela
                  How Do You Sleep? by Sam Smith
                  Mother’s Daughter by Miley Cyrus

The Mammy for 'Best Pop Solo Performance' is for songs with the genre pop and by one artist. Every pop song that was released as a single during 2019 or late 2018 is eligible. That category exists since 2011 and there used to be two awards from 2011 to 2013 - one for male and one for female.
                  Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group

Fantasy by Sofi Tukker
                  Kill This Love by Blackpink
                  Spirit In The Sky by Keiino

The Mammy for 'Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group' is for songs with the genre pop and by a Duo or by a Group. Every pop song that was released as a single during 2019 or late 2018 is eligible. That category exists since 2011.
                  Best Pop Collaboration

The Upside by Lindsey Stirling feat. Elle King
                  Violence by Grimes & i_o
                  Wave by Meghan Trainor feat. Mike Sabath

The Mammy for 'Best Pop Collaboration' is for songs with the genre pop and must be a collaboration between at least two artists, no matter if these artists are solo artists, a Duo or a Group. Every pop song that was released as a single during 2019 or late 2018 is eligible. That category exists since 2011.
                  Best Dance Recording

365 by Zedd & Katy Perry
                  Don’t Start Now by Dua Lipa
                  Underground by Lindsey Stirling

The Mammy for 'Best Dance Recording' is for songs with the genre dance/electronic. Every song that was released as a single during 2019 or late 2018 is eligible. That category exists since 2011.
                  Best Rock/Alternative Recording

Ambiramus by Eluveitie
                  So Heavy I Fell Through The Earth by Grimes
                  Supernova by Within Temptation

The Mammy for 'Best Rock/Alternative Recording' is for songs with the genre rock or similar genres. Every song that was released as a single during 2019 or late 2018 is eligible. That category exists since 2019 and replaced the category 'Best Rock/Country/Alternative Song' that existed since 2011.
                  Best Country/Alternative Recording

Ocean by Lady Antebellum
                  Old Town Road by Lil Nas X feat. Billy Ray Cyrus
                  The Bones by Maren Morris

The Mammy for 'Best Country/Alternative Recording' is for songs with the genre country or similar genres. Every song that was released as a single during 2019 or late 2018 is eligible. That category exists since 2019 and replaced the category 'Best Rock/Country/Alternative Song' that existed since 2011.
                  Best R&B/Urban Recording

7 Rings by Ariana Grande
                  Genick by Loredana
                  Gimme by Banks

The Mammy for 'Best R&B/Urban Song' is for songs with the genre R&B/urban. Every song which was released as a single during 2019 or late 2018 is eligible. That category exists since 2014.
                  Best Music Video

Artemis by Lindsey Stirling (*VIDEO*)
                  Deutschland by Rammstein (*VIDEO*)
                  Nails, Hair, Hips, Heels by Todrick Hall (*VIDEO*)

The Mammy for ’Best Music Video’ is for every music video that was released during 2019. The best music video wins. That category exists since 2014.

Comment

• Really love how hard Lindsey smashed on your list - always found her music terrific, even if she hasn't popped up on my chart too many times. I'm fairly sure you're the one who introduced me to her!

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
                      Really love how hard Lindsey smashed on your list - always found her music terrific, even if she hasn't popped up on my chart too many times. I'm fairly sure you're the one who introduced me to her!
                      Always nice to see some appreciation for Lindsey I'm a huge fan of hers ever since her breakthrough in early 2013, so she always have successful entries on my weekly charts and I'm always picking some of her songs for some games on UKMix, like the current running Mixtape. So you probably discovered her that way

Comment

• Wow, so much Lindsey!
                        She is such a talented musician!
                        Sergej's Personal Chart

Comment

• I had not heard of your top 2 songs before, but your #1 is absolutely epic. What a talented violinist and actually really amazing music as well - also she ATE that video. What a star!

Comment

• Originally posted by sergejdordij98 View Post
                            Wow, so much Lindsey!
                            She is such a talented musician!
                            She really is! Glad to hear you're familiar with her

Comment

• Originally posted by UKMusicLova View Post
                              I had not heard of your top 2 songs before, but your #1 is absolutely epic. What a talented violinist and actually really amazing music as well - also she ATE that video. What a star!
                              Woah, thanks a lot for checking "Artemis" out and I'm so glad you enjoyed it that much! She really is a star - an underrated one, though.

Comment

50. Poppy – Choke EP
                                66 points

Chartrun: *4*-8-9-11-16-16-17-Out / 7w
                                Certification: -

Poppy opens the countdown with her Choke EP. Never heard of Poppy? She’s probably the weirdest and creepiest doll you’ll find on YouTube and has successfully gone from putting weird videos on the platform to a good music career. The music is somewhere between Death-Metal and the cutest J-Pop girl group you’ve heard.
                                49. Ciara – Beauty Marks
                                67 points

Chartrun: *3*-7-7-9-14-19-Out / 6w

Following a break of four years, Ciara finally released a new album in the first half of 2019 with Beauty Marks. Unfortunately, the album didn’t live up to the expectations and while being still solid, she definitely could have done much better.
                                48. James Morrison – You’re Stronger Than You Know
                                67 points

Chartrun: 6-*5*-6-9-16-17-Out / 6w

James Morrison always was one of those artists where I enjoyed the singles, but never really cared to discover more. In 2019, I finally also got into one of his albums, as You’re Stronger Than You Know ended up as much better than I imagined. Radio-Pop in a positive way.
                                47. Carly Rae Jepsen – Dedicated
                                68 points

Chartrun: *3*-4-6-11-16-Out-RE 18-Out / 6w

Canadian singer Carly Rae Jepsen is obviously no stranger to the music scene and in 2019, she also put out a new record called Dedicated. Her last two albums hit me hard but going into this new era, I really had mixed feelings because I didn’t feel the singles as much as I was hoping for. Thankfully, the album still ended up as a good release and had some good Pop tracks on it, though it’s still clearly behind her previous works.
                                46. Amaranthe – Helix
                                71 points

Chartrun in 2018: 2-*1*-2-3-2-6-8-11-12- / 9w
                                Chartrun in 2019: 16-14-13-6-*5*-8-11-16-Out / 8w
                                Certification: PLATINUM
                                Ranking in the YEC 2018: #16

Swedish/Danish Heavy-Metal band Amaranthe already made the Top20 of the Year-End Charts 2018 with their fifth album Helix but still charted well enough in 2019 to make the Top50 for another year. Their combination of three different vocalists (female clean vocals, male clean vocals, male harsh vocals or growls) is still special to these days and they know how to create the catchiest Metal songs.

Comment

45. Adel Tawil – Alles lebt
                                  74 points

Chartrun: 8-11-*6*-7-12-13-17-20-Out / 8w

I’ve never been the biggest fan of songs sung in German, don’t even know why, but 2019 had some really well done music by German acts with Alles lebt by Adel Tawil being one of those. Adel is a fantastic singer and also always writes nice lyrics, so this album was beautiful to discover and also spawned a nice hit with Tu m’appelles.
                                  44. Bilal Hassani – Kingdom
                                  74 points

Chartrun: 12-*6*-8-11-9-12-15-Out / 7w

Bilal not only represented France at the Eurovision Song Contest 2019, but also released his debut album called Kingdom in that year. It’s a great record if you’re into French Pop tracks, he’s got a great voice and I’m sure he’s someone to watch out.
                                  43. Of Monsters And Men – Fever Dream
                                  77 points

Chartrun: *1*-1-3-8-15-Out / 5w

Icelandic band Of Monster And Men finally returned with their third studio album Fever Dream in 2019. It was love on first spin, though after my initial love I got over this album rather quickly.
                                  42. P!nk – Hurts 2B Human
                                  77 points

Chartrun: *2*-4-8-11-10-18-20-Out-RE 18-Out / 8w

P!nk’s latest album also makes the countdown. Hurts 2B Human is probably P!nk’s first album with no impact at all, which is a shame, as the record isn’t the worst out there. But we’re probably used to a lot more by the singer.
                                  41. Kylie Minogue – Step Back In Time: The Definitive Collection
                                  80 points

Chartrun: 7-*3*-5-8-11-14-19-Out / 7w

Australian legend Kylie Minogue released a best of compilation called Step Back In Time: The Definitive Collection in 2019 which also ended up as yet another success for the charismatic singer, hitting great positions in a few markets and even going Gold in the UK. This release really shows why she’s a legend, hits from start to finish.

Comment

Bubbling Under

196. Nicki Minaj – Pink Friday
                                    195. Lana Del Rey – Lust For Life
                                    194. Tarja – Colours In The Dark
                                    193. Poppy – Am I A Girl?
                                    192. Alex Hepburn – Things I've Seen
                                    191. Loreen – Heal
                                    190. Selena Gomez – Revival
                                    189. Blackmore's Night – To The Moon And Back - 20 Years And Beyond
                                    188. Taylor Swift – 1989
                                    187. Nicki Minaj – Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded
                                    186. Ashley Monroe – Sparrow
                                    185. Little Mix – LM5
                                    184. Nicki Minaj – The Pinkprint
                                    183. Tarja – The Shadow Self
                                    182. Within Temptation – The Heart Of Everything
                                    181. Kerli – Deepest Roots EP
                                    180. Leaves' Eyes – Sign Of The Dragonhead
                                    179. Zayn – Icarus Falls

178. Twenty One Pilots – Vessel
                                    177. Loreena McKennitt – Lost Souls
                                    176. Shura – forevher
                                    175. Ashley Tisdale – Headstrong
                                    174. Gabriella Cilmi – The Water EP
                                    173. Ariana Grande – Christmas Kisses EP
                                    172. Saara Aalto – Fairytale: International EP
                                    171. Loïc Nottet – Candy EP
                                    170. Kehlani – While We Wait
                                    169. Alison Sudol – Moon EP
                                    168. PVRIS – Hallucinations EP
                                    167. Natasha Bedingfield – Roll With Me
                                    166. Lena – Crystal Sky
                                    165. Evanescence – Synthesis
                                    164. Mariah Carey – Caution
                                    163. Chris Brown – Indigo
                                    162. Mike Posner – A Real Good Kid
                                    161. Grimes – Art Angels

Comment

• I need to take time to listen to your Top 3, don't know them yet!
                                      2019 Year End Charts: The 20/20 Experience

Comment

• Oop I just saw the albums!

Here we go:

47. Carly Rae Jepsen – Dedicated (Took some time, but I finally got into it.)
                                        2019 Year End Charts: The 20/20 Experience

Comment

• Originally posted by LOVE+FEAR View Post
                                          I need to take time to listen to your Top 3, don't know them yet!
                                          Ah, I hope you enjoy one or so of them. I think you may actually like my #3 (Ashley Tisdale's "Love Me & Let Me Go"). It's a great Pop tune

Originally posted by LOVE+FEAR View Post
                                          Oop I just saw the albums!

Here we go:

47. Carly Rae Jepsen – Dedicated (Took some time, but I finally got into it.)
                                          Yes, it also needed some time to grow on me. It's a good album, but I enjoyed "Kiss" and "Emotion" a lot more.

Comment

• 47. FORTY SEVEN. Me and you gon fight. Dedicated is a masterpiece.

Beauty Marks not so much but the title track is stun.
                                            Check out my Top 100 of 2012 Countdown!

Comment

• Originally posted by king_oxymoron View Post
                                              47. FORTY SEVEN. Me and you gon fight. Dedicated is a masterpiece.

Beauty Marks not so much but the title track is stun.
                                              Oops I knew that if you comment on this update, you would mention Carly's low position But 196 different albums entered my weekly chart in 2019, so #47 is not too bad. It's a good album for sure, but "Kiss" and "Emotion" clicked more with me.

Glad you enjoy that one. "Beauty Marks" really is a nice tune!

Comment

40. Rammstein – Rammstein
                                                80 points

Chartrun: 5-5-*4*-5-9-18-Out / 6w

Rammstein’s comeback album after a ten years hiatus opens the Top40. Sometimes the album is labeled as self-titled and sometimes it’s labeled as untitled, but I’m usually going with the former. The German band proved that even in a streaming era you can still be successful if you really care, as they not only do Metal/Rock music, but also sing in German, yet they got their very first Top10 album on the US Billboard Top200 with this and several other high peaking positions all over the world. Puppe is one of the most intense songs I’ve heard in 2019 and the whole album was a ride I’m glad I took.
                                                39. Twenty One Pilots – Trench
                                                81 points

Chartrun in 2018: *2*-3-11-13-14-17-Out / 6w
                                                Chartrun in 2019: 17-Out-RE *2*-4-7-7-10-13-19-20-Out / 9w
                                                Certification: GOLD
                                                Ranking in the YEC 2018: #57

The Alternative Rock/Hip-Hop duo Twenty One Pilots had a big breakthrough with their fourth album Blurryface back in 2015 and in 2018 they finally released its follow-up Trench. Even though it failed to spawn a big hit, the album was still great as a whole body of work and I also saw them live in 2019, giving the album another boost on my charts. Probably my most favorite release by them so far.
                                                38. Miranda Lambert – Wildcard
                                                83 points

Chartrun: *3*-5-9-8-8-17-16-19-SC / 8w

Country superstar Miranda Lambert released her seventh studio album Wildcard in 2019. Even though I was into her peer Carrie Underwood for a very long time, it wasn’t until the sixth album The Weight Of These Wings back in 2016 that I got into Miranda, with Wildcard being an even better album for me. A strong effort from start to finish.
                                                37. Tori Kelly – Inspired By True Events
                                                84 points

Chartrun: *1*-3-6-10-15-17-19-16-18-Out / 9w

Summer 2019 was very quiet when it came to new releases and I was really craving for something new, and Tori Kelly’s Inspired By True Events came out at the best possible time. She wasn’t an artist I was looking forward to a new release, but Inspired got me the moment I listened to it for the first time. Easily her best and most solid release so far, a shame it flopped completely in the US.
                                                36. Anna Rossinelli – White Garden
                                                85 points

Chartrun: *3*-5-6-10-17-16-13-18-18-19-Out / 10w

Swiss band Anna Rossinelli represented my country during the Eurovision Song Contest 2010, reaching the Grand Final in that year. Ever since that, they have built a solid career in Switzerland with White Garden being their latest output. It became their second top album and fifth Top10 entry in Switzerland. Even though I enjoyed its predecessor Takes Two To Tango a little bit more, White Garden is yet again another really well done, slightly less commercial album and they really solified their status in the Swiss music scene with it.

Comment

35. Tim Bendzko – Filter
                                                  89 points

Chartrun: *4*-4-7-11-15-12-13-20-17-18-SC / 10w

Following Adel Tawil’s Alles lebt at #45, Tim Bendzko’s Filter is already the second German album on my countdown this year. It’s the singer-songwriters fourth studio album and even if I always liked his singles, Filter was the first full record I checked out by him and I found a nice surprise with it. A great album with not only a perfect lead single with Hoch, but Für immer is even my most favorite song by Tim so far.
                                                  34. Sofi Tukker – Dancing On The People EP
                                                  90 points

Chartrun: *2*-2-2-7-12-16-17-20-Out / 8w

Dance/EDM duo Sofi Tukker released a new EP called Dancing On The People that spawned several Top20 hits so it was expected to see it being a success as well. They already delivered a fantastic debut album with Treehouse back in 2018, winning the Mammy Award for Best Electronic/Dance Album in 2019. With Inna slowly becoming less successful for me, Sofi Tukker are on track to become my favorite Dance artist right now.
                                                  33. Sabrina Carpenter – Singular Act II
                                                  92 points

Chartrun: *4*-6-8-6-6-10-15-Out / 7w

Singular Act II is already the fourth release by Hollywood Records signed singer Sabrina Carpenter but her first that caught my attention. A great Pop work with a fantastic single (In My Bed – I’m still shocked it had no entry on any official charts at all!) but also offers even more beyond the singles, especially Looking At Me is a bop that deserves some attention as well.
                                                  32. Lil Nas X – 7
                                                  92 points

Chartrun: 4-3-*2*-4-9-14-19-Out / 7w

Newcomer Lil Nas X not only slayed the charts with his anthem Old Town Road, but also convinced with his debut EP simply called 7. The rapper knows how to blend genres as besides the Country/Rap mash-up in Old Town Road, Lil Nas X also tackles some other genres on this debut and it all works surprisingly well.
                                                  31. Tove Lo – Sunshine Kitty
                                                  93 points

Chartrun: *3*-4-3-8-11-14-16-16-Out / 8w

Swedish Pop mastermind Tove Lo finally returned with a new studio album called Sunshine Kitty in 2019. It’s the follow-up to Blue Lips, which has been a huge disappointment for me despite the good overall critics. Sunshine Kitty was a step back into the right direction for me, being a smart Pop album from start to finish.

Comment

Bubbling Under

160. Missy Elliott – Iconology EP
                                                    159. Cellar Darling – This Is The Sound
                                                    158. Bastille – Doom Days
                                                    157. Manila Luzon – Rules!
                                                    156. Indila – Mini World
                                                    155. Saara Aalto – Fairytale: Joulun taikaa
                                                    154. Ella Henderson – Glorious EP
                                                    153. Lo & Leduc – Hype EP
                                                    152. The Script – Sunsets & Full Moons
                                                    151. Adam Lambert – Velvet: Side A EP
                                                    150. Lewis Capaldi – Divinely Uninspired To A Hellish Extent
                                                    149. Ariana Grande – Christmas & Chill EP
                                                    148. Mamamoo – Reality In Black
                                                    147. Soundtrack – Charlie's Angel
                                                    146. Lindsey Stirling – Shatter Me
                                                    145. The Lumineers – III
                                                    144. Faun – XV - Best Of
                                                    143. Anette Olzon – Shine

142. James Blunt – Once Upon A Mind
                                                    141. Kacey Musgraves – Golden Hour
                                                    140. Todrick Hall – Haus Party 2
                                                    139. Emeli Sandé – Real Life
                                                    138. Avicii – Tim
                                                    137. Arch Enemy – Covered In Blood
                                                    136. LP – Heart To Mouth
                                                    135. Lindsey Stirling – Lindsey Stirling
                                                    134. Nicki Minaj – Queen
                                                    133. Jessie J – This Christmas Day
                                                    132. SuperM – SuperM - The 1st Mini Album
                                                    131. Dinah Jane – Dinah Jane 1
                                                    130. Beyoncé – Homecoming: The Live Album
                                                    129. Aja – The Box Office
                                                    128. Broods – Don't Feed The Pop Monster
                                                    127. Sara Bareilles – Amidst The Chaos
                                                    126. Lindsey Stirling – Live From London
                                                    125. Skylar Grey – Angel With Tattoos EP

Comment

Working...
                                                    X