• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30. Faun – Märchen & Mythen
    94 points

Chartrun: 2-*1*-1-6-10-12-SC / 6w
    Certification: -

German Pagan-Folk band Faun open the Top30 with their latest release Märchen & Mythen (fairytales & myths). Pagan-Folk is a special genre but every now and then I’m really digging it, especially when it’s as beautiful as on this album. Probably their strongest effort to date with several highlights such as Drei Wanderer, Rosenrot or Seemann.
    29. Lindsey Stirling – Warmer In The Winter
    97 points

Chartrun in 2017: *1*-3-7-10-16-10-1-1-2- / 9w
    Chartrun in 2018: *1*-4-10-19-Out-RE 18-Out-RE 1-2-4-7-11-Out-RE 7-6-1- / 13w
    Chartrun in 2019: *1*-3-10-13-19-Out-RE 17-20-Out-RE 15-4-4-4-SC / 11w
    Certification: 2x PLATINUM
    Ranking in the YEC 2017: #14
    Ranking in the YEC 2018: #11

Lindsey Stirling’s Christmas album Warmer In The Winter makes it to the countdown for the third consecutive year, placing at #29 after two years near the Top10. With singles such as Carol Of The Bells or I Wonder As I Wander being big hits, it’s no surprise to see the album holding up well too and this really became my most favorite Christmas release of all time.
    28. Freya Ridings – Freya Ridings
    99 points

Chartrun: 7-*5*-6-7-12-5-11-16-Out / 8w
    Certification: -

Freya Riding’s self-titled debut album is a great record from start to finish. She got her breakthrough in the UK but the song Castles also started to take off in other territories, so here’s hope she’s finally breaking through everywhere soon as she deserves so. Her voice is incredible. Only negative part on this album is that there are too many ballads.
    27. Eluveitie – Evocation II: Pantheon
    99 points

Chartrun in 2017: *1*-1-1-3-5-8-10-7-6-9-9-10-9-14-16-16-18-Out / 17w
    Chartrun in 2018: *12*-18-Out / 2w
    Chartrun in 2019: 18-17-12-11-8-10-*3*-3-7-12-9-18-Out / 12w
    Certification: PLATINUM
    Ranking in the YEC 2017: #5
    Ranking in the YEC 2018: #166

Swiss Folk-Metal band Eluveitie are one of the biggest artists my country has to offer, as they keep on scoring chart entries in other countries as well. While they released a new album in 2019 which may appear later on the countdown, they are placed at #27 with the acoustic release Evocation II: Pantheon. The album already came out in 2017 and was a huge hit back then, though I re-discovered it in 2019 which is why it’s back on the countdown. This is a fantastic release and even though it’s only an acoustic release, I actually enjoy this kind of sound more from them than their usual, heavier stuff.
    26. Maren Morris – Girl
    102 points

Chartrun: *2*-2-4-4-9-10-16-19-Out / 8w
    Certification: GOLD

Country starlet Maren Morris was already quite successful for me with her major-label debut album but personally, I thought the follow-up Girl was even stronger. A solid album that works perfectly as a whole body of work and there are even some gems on this, especially the single The Bones.

Comment

25. Cellar Carling – The Spell
      103 points

Chartrun: *1*-2-6-7-10-9-12-18-Out / 8w

Following Eluveitie at #27, Cellar Darling is already the next Folk-Metal band from Switzerland and in fact all three members of the band were originally in Eluveitie, but decided to move on with an own project. The Spell is already their second album and while their debut This Is The Sound was strong (#50 on the YEC 2017), The Spell is much better. Cellar Darling moved on from the sound of their original band and created some kind of own style. The album is a fantastic discovery and takes you into a fairytale.
      24. Avril Lavigne – Head Above Water
      104 points

Chartrun: *3*-7-7-13-12-8-6-13-16-Out / 9w

Avril Lavigne’s long awaited comeback album Head Above Water was finally released in the first quarter of 2019. Thankfully, the album didn’t disappoint at all and is yet another strong release by the Canadian songstress. Beautiful ballads and strong Pop melodies can be found on this and I’m really looking forward to see her for the very first time in March 2020.
      23. The Dark Element (Anette Olzon & Jani Liimatainen) – Songs The Night Sings
      107 points

Chartrun: *1*-1-2-2-10-13-11-SC / 7w

Sometimes, a late release is rather unlucky as my countdown is points based and The Dark Element already suffered from this with their self-titled debut that came out in November 2017. It ended up #25 on the YEC 2017, but rose to #4 the following year. It’s still unclear if their second album Songs The Night Sings will do the same and currently it’s actually unlikely, as even though it's a strong album by the duo, it’s basically their debut part two and I’ve already heard it. Fingers crossed there’s still more to come from this promising project.
      22. Julia Michaels – Inner Monologue Part 2
      108 points

Chartrun: 9-Out-RE 16-13-8-*5*-5-5-8-14-19-Out / 10w

While Julia Michaels was more appreciated as a songwriter for me so far, I finally got into her own music with Inner Monologue Part 2 in 2019. A great little album that’s a must-check-out based on the brilliant Body alone.
      21. Conchita Wurst – Truth Over Magnitude
      113 points

Chartrun: 3-*2*-3-4-5-9-16-19-15-SC / 9w

Austrian empress Conchita Wurst closes this group with Truth Over Magnitude, the third album by the Eurovision winner from 2014. While her self-titled debut was strong, it lacked personality and here Conchita definitely makes up for that, as Truth Over Magnitude has a lot of personality. Conchita found her sound and she delivers the Electropop songs flawlessly on this.

Comment

Bubbling Under

124. Post Malone – Hollywood's Bleeding
        123. Passenger – Sometimes It's Something, Sometimes It's Nothing At All
        122. Brandi Carlile – By The Way, I Forgive You
        121. Meghan Trainor – The Love Train EP
        120. Iggy Azalea – Wicked Lips EP
        119. Inna – Yo
        118. Aurora – Infections Of A Different Kind - Step 2
        117. Divina De Campo – Decoded EP
        116. Halsey – hopeless fountain kingdom
        115. James Bay – Oh My Messy Mind EP
        114. Dido – Still On My Mind
        113. Billie Eilish – Don't Smile At Me
        112. Michael Schulte – Highs & Lows
        111. Khalid – Free Spirit
        110. Lizzo – Cuz I Love You
        109. Alessia Cara – This Summer EP
        108. Alice Merton – Mint
        107. Anne-Marie – Speak Your Mind

106. The Highwomen – The Highwomen
        105. Stefanie Heinzmann – All We Need Is Love
        104. Astrid S – Down Low EP
        103. Jax Jones – Snacks (Supersize)
        102. Trinity The Tuck – Plastic
        101. Pentatonix – Christmas Is Here!
        100. Lindsey Stirling – Brave Enough
        99. Skillet – Victorious
        98. Vanessa Mai – Schlager
        97. Twenty One Pilots – Blurryface
        96. Harry Styles – Fine Line
        95. Jasmine Thompson – Colour EP
        94. Liam Payne – LP1
        93. Shirin David – Supersize
        92. Todrick Hall – Haus Party 1
        91. Leaves' Eyes – Black Butterfly EP
        90. The Chainsmokers – World War Joy
        89. Sigrid – Sucker Punch

Comment

• 24. Avril Lavigne – Head Above Water - listened to it once and didn't enjoy the production at all, not worthy of a big name like her
          21. Conchita Wurst – Truth Over Magnitude - not a bad album, but some songs should have been left out
          Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Originally posted by heppolo View Post
            24. Avril Lavigne – Head Above Water - listened to it once and didn't enjoy the production at all, not worthy of a big name like her
            21. Conchita Wurst – Truth Over Magnitude - not a bad album, but some songs should have been left out
            Oh, good to hear you checked out Avril's new album, even though you don't like the production at all. I think it's actually better than expected, it's good from start to finish and there's not one song I dislike on "Head Above Water".

Good you enjoyed parts of "Truth Over Magnitude". Conchita really surprised me with that release!

Comment

20. Tarja – In The Raw
              114 points

Chartrun: *1*-2-2-5-8-7-11-18-Out / 8w

Finnish siren and former Nightwish frontwoman Tarja starts the Top20 with her latest album In The Raw. The release was her fifth Rock album and had big shoes to fill, as her previous Rock album The Shadow Self topped the Year-End Charts 2016 with 345 points and ended its chart life with 399 points. The singles prior the album release were already good but not on the same level as her earlier stuff, so going into the album I was worried. Thankfully, there are still some gems on this, especially The Golden Chamber (Awaken / Loputon Yö / Alchemy) or the single-worthy Serene but overall, In The Raw ended up as my least favorite album from her.

19. Lana Del Rey – Norman F*****g Rockwell!
              117 points

Chartrun: *2*-3-3-4-6-8-10-15-Out / 8w

From one strong album that still ended up as weaker than expected to another… Lana Del Rey finally released her fifth studio album Norman F*****g Rockwell! in 2019 that was preceded by four singles that were all good but not oustanding. The same can be said about this album, though that’s definitely my personal opinion and I’m still very happy this release gets so much acclaim from everywhere, including a Grammy nomination for Album of the Year. It’s still a fantastic release nonetheless and typical Lana, though I didn’t connect with it the way I connected with her past albums.

18. Banks – III
              121 points

Chartrun: *1*-1-2-2-4-7-12-18-Out / 8w

Banks’ III is definitely an album I didn’t expect to see in the Top20 of my Year-End Charts, but she did it and it’s all well deserved. This is a fantastic return for the singer, who struggled to get me with her second album The Altar back in 2016. III not only became her first number one album on my weekly chart, but also ended up as Banks‘ highest scoring album ever.

17. Marina – Love + Fear
              122 points

Chartrun: *1*-2-4-4-6-7-12-15-16-Out / 9w

After a break of four years and without The Diamonds, Marina finally returned to the music scene with a new album called Love + Fear in 2019. She seems to be one of the artists you can really count on when you’re looking for high profile Pop hits. She delivered once again.

16. Alan Walker – Different World
              130 points

Chartrun in 2018: *2*- / 1w
              Chartrun in 2019: 7-6-8-9-12-7-*5*-8-9-14-16-19-16-17-18-Out / 15w
              Ranking in the YEC 2018: #139

Norwegian DJ and producer Alan Walker had his breakthrough in early 2016 with Faded, a huge worldwide hit. Ever since that, he released a bunch of other good tunes so it was nice to finally get his debut album in the final week of 2018. The album also turned out to be much better than expected, still offering some great EDM songs besides the already known singles. He’s definitely my most favorite DJ/producer at the moment.

Comment

15. Billie Eilish – When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?
                134 points

Chartrun: *1*-3-3-4-8-9-10-12-12-16-19-Out / 11w

Billie Eilish is without a doubt the biggest breakthrough artist of 2019. When We Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? was her long awaited debut album and it definitely met the expectations. A very crafty album with Billie’s own style. Easily one of the best releases in 2019 and it will be exciting to watch what Billie can come up with in the future.

14. Eluveitie – Ategnatos
                141 points

Chartrun: *1*-1-2-7-10-13-15-14-15-13-13-14-19-16-Out / 14w

Following Evocation II: Pantheon at #27, Swiss Folk-Metal band Eluveitie appear for the second time on the countdown with their eighth studio album Ategnatos. It’s considered as slightly harder and heavier than some of their previous records, which is probably why I’m not loving it as much as I expected, but it’s still a fantastic album through and through if you’re into that genre.

13. Amy MacDonald – Woman Of The World
                147 points

Chartrun in 2018: 11-*7*-7- / 3w
                Chartrun in 2019: 10-7-3-*1*-1-2-4-7-7-12-15-20-Out / 12w
                Ranking in the YEC 2018: #90

Every other year, the beginning of a new year can be really frustrating when it comes to new music and that was the case in early 2019. So because of that, I started to spin Woman Of The World a lot more and after being not much into it at first, this album turned out to be a surprise success in the end. The Scottish singer-songwriter had an amazing career and already released many gems since her breakthrough in 2007, so this best of compilation was a fantastic way to re-discover some of those brilliant songs.

12. Rita Ora – Phoenix
                148 points

Chartrun in 2018: *1*-2-1-5- / 4w
                Chartrun in 2019: 8-*2*-2-4-6-6-9-11-16-Out-RE 13-18-Out-RE 5-11-19-Out / 14w
                Ranking in the YEC 2018: #54

Having been released very late in 2018 and only making it to #54 on last years countdown, it was expected to see Rita Ora’s second album Phoenix rising a lot this year and that’s what it did. Pop music has become a real force again with Phoenix being a prime example for that, and it was nice to see Rita not only getting chart hits, but also delivering a full-rounded body of work with this. Soul Survivor remains an underrated gem on this.

11. Lena – Only Love, L
                148 points

Chartrun: *2*-2-3-6-8-9-10-9-10-16-20-17-Out-RE 13-Out / 13w

Just missing out the Top10 is Only Love, L, the fifth album by German Eurovision winner Lena (Meyer-Landrut). She won the contest back in 2010 and stayed relevant in her home country ever since, with all of her albums debuting in the Top2. She also keeps collecting hits, with the singles Don’t Lie To Me and Better not only reaching the Top30 in Germany, but also being big hits on my personal charts. Unfortunately, the album had a lot to live up to, as Lena’s previous album Crystal Sky exceeded all expectations and remains a Pop masterpiece – it even made it to #2 on the Year-End Charts 2015! Only Love, L can’t really hold up on those expectations, but it’s still a strong Pop album and offers a lot of great tunes.

Comment

Bubbling Under

88. Julia Michaels – Inner Monologue, Pt. 1
                  87. Bebe Rexha – Expectations
                  86. BTS – Map Of The Soul: Persona
                  85. Madonna – Madame X
                  84. Will Young – Lexicon
                  83. Lady Antebellum – Ocean
                  82. Hozier – Wasteland, Baby!
                  81. Nightwish – Decades: Live In Buenos Aires
                  80. Jaël – Nothing To Hide
                  79. Loredana – King Lori
                  78. Astrid S – Trust Issues EP
                  77. FKA twigs – Magdalene
                  76. Taeyeon – Purpose - The 2nd Album
                  75. Mrs. Greenbird – Dark Waters
                  74. Terror Jr – Unfortunately, Terror Jr
                  73. Melanie Martinez – K-12
                  72. Jonas Brothers – Happiness Begins
                  71. Blackpink – Kill This Love EP

70. Clean Bandit – What Is Love?
                  69. Imagine Dragons – Origins
                  68. Auri – Auri
                  67. Céline Dion – Courage
                  66. Ed Sheeran – No.6 Collaborations Project
                  65. Aly & AJ – Sanctuary EP
                  64. Coldplay – Everyday Life
                  63. Mark Ronson – Late Night Feelings
                  62. Eleni Foureira – Gypsy Woman EP
                  61. Various Artists – For The Throne
                  60. Camila Cabello – Romance
                  59. Beatrice Egli – Natürlich!
                  58. The Dark Element (Anette Olzon & Jani Liimatainen) – The Dark Element
                  57. Eliane – Eliane
                  56. Mans Zelmerlöw – Time
                  55. James Arthur – You
                  54. Babymetal – Metal Galaxy
                  53. Charli XCX – Charli
                  52. Sabaton – The Great War
                  51. Iggy Azalea – In My Defense

Comment

• I finally checked out the Lindsey Stirling tracks and they are great so I am going to check out the album.

So far, great to see Rammstein, Of Monsters & Men, Billie Eilish & Amy Macdonald albums getting recognition.
                    Ste's Personal Chart 2020

Comment

• Banks is good though still not exceptional like the debut. Marina is a good position.

Morris' Girl is a great song that should have crossed over properly. Not just Radio 2 base.
                      Tony's Charts ft Hits / Albums (15th Feb 20) - Cam, Polly Scattergood, Cerrone, Blanche, Seth Lakeman, La Roux

Comment

• So, let's see how many albums I will like in your Year-end chart! (Spoilers: I like many of them)
                        47. Carly Rae Jepsen - Dedicated I actually like Emotion and Emotion: Side B more, but this album is another great one from Carly, she really improved a lot from 2012!
                        45. Adel Tawil - Alles lebt Shame that you're not a fan of German songs, but to each to their own, at least I like that there are some great german albums on here, like this one!
                        42. P!nk - Hurts 2B Human Really great album from P!nk!
                        39. Twenty One Pilots - Trench Is there ever any Twenty One Pilots album that I don't like? All albums by them are amazing, on this album there are a lot of fantastic songs!
                        35. Tim Bendzko - Filter What a magnificent album, my favourites from this album are: "Hoch", "Jetzt Bin Ich Ja Hier" and "Für Immer"
                        28. Freya Ridings – Freya Ridings What a gorgeous album from Freya, if I'll ever make my charts here, her current single "Love Is Fire" would shine in the top 10! That is also my favourite from her album.
                        26. Maren Morris – Girl A great country album, by the way, have you heard the other version of "The Bones" with Hozier?
                        19. Lana Del Rey – Norman F*****g Rockwell! Wonderful album, my favourites from this album are: "The Greatest", "Doin' Time" and "Norman F***ing Rockwell"
                        16. Alan Walker – Different World My favourite dance album on here, Alan is a fantastic artist, can't wait to see what he does next!
                        15. Billie Eilish – When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? My favourite album of the year, a lot of fantastic songs, Billie was the biggest breakout artist of the year, can't wait to see how she improves in 2020!
                        12. Rita Ora – Phoenix This made my 2018 Year-End album list, because it's a fantastic album!
                        11. Lena – Only Love, L Even though I was sceptical of Lena's change of attitude, she has made many great songs on this album. "Thank You" was a great start, but "Don't Lie To Me" and "Better" are even better, they even made my Year-End list in 2019. Hopefully she keeps her momentum in 2020!
                        Can't wait for the top 10!
                        Sergej's Personal Chart

Comment

• I enjoy Sabrina's Looking At Me but haven't really replayed the rest of the albums, I probably need to use more time for her!

I also wanted to listen to 7 but never did.

Sunshine Kitty is pretty solid! By the way, I haven't really gotten into Blue Lips, either.

Some of the symbols not appearing correctly on the new website triggers me

I'm actually surprised to see Marina above Lana and Banks, but yay I casually read on Popjustice and people DESTROYED her. Happy to see someone enjoyed Love + Fear, although I have to admit that through the months, some songs on it got a bit old quickly, however to me there are some absolute career highlights on the record.

Phoenix is solid but it misses some vision as a whole :(
                          [#1 REVEALED!] 2019 Year End Charts: The 20/20 Experience

My Song Charts

Comment

• Originally posted by steophonic View Post
                            I finally checked out the Lindsey Stirling tracks and they are great so I am going to check out the album.

So far, great to see Rammstein, Of Monsters & Men, Billie Eilish & Amy Macdonald albums getting recognition.
                            So amazing to hear that! As you can obviously see, I'm a big fan of hers and I hope you will enjoy the album! Especially "Love Goes On And On" feat. Amy Lee, which has been my favorite song ever since I heard it (unfortunately not a single so far).

Glad you like all of those!

Comment

• Originally posted by Blondini View Post
                              Banks is good though still not exceptional like the debut. Marina is a good position.

Morris' Girl is a great song that should have crossed over properly. Not just Radio 2 base.
                              "III" got me more as a whole than "Goddess" did, but both albums are amazing! No surprise you enjoy Marina, she really delivered IMO.

Yeah, I'm surprised it wasn't a bigger hit for her. It wasn't even that big in the US...

Comment

• Originally posted by sergejdordij98 View Post
                                So, let's see how many albums I will like in your Year-end chart! (Spoilers: I like many of them)
                                47. Carly Rae Jepsen - Dedicated I actually like Emotion and Emotion: Side B more, but this album is another great one from Carly, she really improved a lot from 2012!
                                45. Adel Tawil - Alles lebt Shame that you're not a fan of German songs, but to each to their own, at least I like that there are some great german albums on here, like this one!
                                42. P!nk - Hurts 2B Human Really great album from P!nk!
                                39. Twenty One Pilots - Trench Is there ever any Twenty One Pilots album that I don't like? All albums by them are amazing, on this album there are a lot of fantastic songs!
                                35. Tim Bendzko - Filter What a magnificent album, my favourites from this album are: "Hoch", "Jetzt Bin Ich Ja Hier" and "Für Immer"
                                28. Freya Ridings – Freya Ridings What a gorgeous album from Freya, if I'll ever make my charts here, her current single "Love Is Fire" would shine in the top 10! That is also my favourite from her album.
                                26. Maren Morris – Girl A great country album, by the way, have you heard the other version of "The Bones" with Hozier?
                                19. Lana Del Rey – Norman F*****g Rockwell! Wonderful album, my favourites from this album are: "The Greatest", "Doin' Time" and "Norman F***ing Rockwell"
                                16. Alan Walker – Different World My favourite dance album on here, Alan is a fantastic artist, can't wait to see what he does next!
                                15. Billie Eilish – When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? My favourite album of the year, a lot of fantastic songs, Billie was the biggest breakout artist of the year, can't wait to see how she improves in 2020!
                                12. Rita Ora – Phoenix This made my 2018 Year-End album list, because it's a fantastic album!
                                11. Lena – Only Love, L Even though I was sceptical of Lena's change of attitude, she has made many great songs on this album. "Thank You" was a great start, but "Don't Lie To Me" and "Better" are even better, they even made my Year-End list in 2019. Hopefully she keeps her momentum in 2020!
                                Can't wait for the top 10!
                                Woah, glad to see you enjoy so many albums from the countdown! Looks like we have a similar taste!

Agreed on Carly's improvement, I didn't expect her to become such a force in Pop music and gets a solid fanbase and keep delivering all these years later.

Yeah, don't know why German music never really hit me, though it's been changing a bit in the last 2-3 years compared to 5-10 years ago. Glad you like the ones by Adel and Tim - and so cool "Für Immer" is also among your faves

Yes, I've heard the other version of "The Bones" with Hozier. It's a good version, but I definitely prefer the solo one. What about you?

Nice to see someone else enjoying Alan Walker's album!

Woah, great choice for your album of the year with Billie! What a strong debut album, can't wait to hear what she'll come up with next.

Also agreed on everything you said about Lena <3 "Thank You" was a good start, but the other singles are even better. The album isn't on the same level as "Crystal Sky" IMO, but it still was a great Pop release.

Thanks for all the comments

Comment

• Originally posted by LOVE+FEAR View Post
                                  I enjoy Sabrina's Looking At Me but haven't really replayed the rest of the albums, I probably need to use more time for her!

I also wanted to listen to 7 but never did.

Sunshine Kitty is pretty solid! By the way, I haven't really gotten into Blue Lips, either.

Some of the symbols not appearing correctly on the new website triggers me

I'm actually surprised to see Marina above Lana and Banks, but yay I casually read on Popjustice and people DESTROYED her. Happy to see someone enjoyed Love + Fear, although I have to admit that through the months, some songs on it got a bit old quickly, however to me there are some absolute career highlights on the record.

Phoenix is solid but it misses some vision as a whole :(
                                  Ah, good to hear I'm not the only one who really loves "Looking At Me". Should have been released as a single - but to be fair, if "In My Bed" wasn't a hit then I don't know if "Looking At Me" would have been one...

Oh, maybe you'll find time to listen to "7" one day. It's unexpected in a good way IMO.

Yes, nice to see we share the same thought on Tove Lo's albums <3

Ha, I didn't even notice that those three 'alternative' Pop girls are all back to back. All three really delivered, but Marina got me a little bit more than the others. I don't get why there were some haters towards "Love + Fear", it's a very well done album and flows really well from start to finish. It's not as good as the previous two but also not too far behind IMO. But I also haven't played it in a while now, I need to revisit it...

I actually thought "Phoenix" works way better as a whole than expected

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                                    Yes, I've heard the other version of "The Bones" with Hozier. It's a good version, but I definitely prefer the solo one. What about you?
                                    I actually prefer the version with Hozier, but the original one is good as well.
                                    Sergej's Personal Chart

Comment

I actually prefer the version with Hozier, but the original one is good as well.
                                      Ah, I already thought that may be the reason why you've asked!

Comment

10. Ariana Grande – thank u, next
                                        153 points

Chartrun: *2*-2-4-3-4-6-9-14-Out-RE 19-Out-RE 14-15-18-13-18-Out / 14w

Ariana Grande opens the Top10 with her latest studio album thank u, next. The album came out very early in 2019 and only a few months following her fourth studio album Sweetener. Thank u, next is a step more into the R&B direction, though it still has some Pop elements. But on this album she’s clearly going towards the R&B genre a lot more than on previous releases and since this isn’t my most favorite genre, it’s probably not surprising this album didn’t really connect with me the way her other albums did. It’s still a strong album overall and flows really well plus its singles were all successes for me as well, but Ariana was truly the queen of 2018 so the expectations for this were too high and she didn’t meet them.

With that said, seeing her live in Fall 2019 really helped getting more into this and besides the singles, Bad Idea and Ghostin have become the clear standouts for me.

9. Miley Cyrus – She Is Coming
                                        179 points

Chartrun: *1*-1-1-2-2-4-6-10-10-9-12-15-Out / 12w

Miley Cyrus already started the year very strong with Nothing Breaks Like A Heart having been released towards the end of 2018. The song stayed strong for several weeks into 2019 as well and later on, the singer also announced a new project. It was planned to release three different EPs and a full-length studio album with those songs included in Fall 2019. She Is Coming was the first of those EPs and also spawned another fantastic single with Mother’s Daughter. Unfortunately, it ended up being the only released EP by Miley in 2019. There was another release with the single Slide Away but fans are waiting for more ever since, so here’s hope we may finally get that new album in 2020.

She Is Coming may just be an EP but it’s still among Miley’s best releases to date. Every song is worth a listen and besides the obvious banger that is Mother’s Daughter, there are also some dreamy laidback tunes with Unholy or Party Up The Street, a club banger with Cattitude and also a ballad with The Most, which reminds me a lot of her Younger Now era.

8. My Indigo (Sharon den Adel) – My Indigo
                                        182 points

Chartrun in 2018: *1*-1-2-4-4-5-7-8-8-7-10-8-5-6-8-9-9-7-9-4-6-5-8-10-10-11-6-9-12-11-12-Out-RE 14-12-11- / 34w
                                        Chartrun in 2019: 14-5-4-*3*-4-3-3-5-6-10-12-16-15-14-11-17-15-Out-RE 19-Out / 18w
                                        Certification: 3x PLATINUM
                                        Ranking in the YEC 2018: #1

My Indigo is the solo project of Sharon den Adel, lead singer and frontwoman of the Dutch Symphonic Rock band Within Temptation. Her self-titled debut album already came out in 2018 and was a huge smash in that year, ending up as the most successful album in that year and it kept on being successful in the first half of 2019, giving the album a second year in the Top10 of the Year-End Charts. This is very different from the stuff Sharon did with her band, it’s more stripped down, has some Pop, Dance, Folk elements while the ballads on this still would fit to Within Temptation’s discography. Overall a fantastic album that flows incredibly well as a whole and Sharon’s voice is just so gorgeous.

7. Taylor Swift – Lover
                                        198 points

Chartrun: *1*-3-4-4-7-9-9-12-17-20-Out-RE 13-10-6-11-6-6-SC / 16w

Taylor Swift’s seventh studio album Lover is a release that I personally didn’t expect to see in the Top10 of this countdown before its release, but thankfully I was proven wrong and this album was a return to form for the Country-Pop star. The previous album Reputation wasn’t the worst, but compared to other works of Taylor it definitely wasn’t on the same level and the lead track to Lover was everything than a hit to me, so it was really refreshing to hear the whole album and getting positively surprised. This is easily one of the best Pop releases of 2019 and deserves all the praise it gets.

Lover is Taylor’s third highest appearance on one of my Year-End Charts ever following Speak Now (#3 on the Year-End Charts 2011) and 1989 (#6 on the Year-End Charts 2014). And even though nearly all songs are really good on this, Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince still is a clear standout to me and among Taylor’s best songs ever.

6. Ariana Grande – Sweetener
                                        257 points

Chartrun in 2018: *1*-2-1-1-3-3-5-4-2-3-4-3-2-1-5-3-4-3- / 18w
                                        Chartrun in 2019: 2-*1*-1-2-2-1-2-3-5-8-9-12-10-13-17-20-18-Out-RE 17-20-2-9-15-14-17-20-Out / 25w
                                        Certification: 3x PLATINUM
                                        Ranking in the YEC 2018: #2

Two albums from 2018 still ended up in the Top10 of 2019 and both albums were already the two most successful ones on the 2018 countdown. Following last years #1s with My Indigo at #8, Ariana Grande’s Sweetener ended up 2nd in 2018 but does slightly better this time, ending up at #6. Sweetener had a nearly perfect run in 2018 and continued to smash at the beginning of 2019, with a boost later in the year following her very first concert in Switzerland. I still think this is a perfect album with some stellar Pop moments with the singles (No Tears Left To Cry, God Is A Woman, Breathin) while the album tracks just flow so well. Those may not be among her greatest songs ever, but it all works perfectly together, at least for me. It’s still my most favorite album by Ariana and it’s a shame the era was cut short in favor of thank u, next.

Comment

• Glad to see "Lover" on there, one of my favourite album of the year and easily way better than Taylor's last album.
                                          Sergej's Personal Chart

Comment

• My Indigo album turned out quite as I expected. Not perfect, but still really strong. What a longevity. Still listen to "Lesson Learned" once in a while.
                                            Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

Glad to see "Lover" on there, one of my favourite album of the year and easily way better than Taylor's last album.
                                              Good to hear "Lover" was also one of your favorite albums of the year! And agreed, "Reputation" wasn't the worst album out there, but definitely a letdown from her, so it's nice she's back on track with "Lover"

Comment

• Originally posted by heppolo View Post
                                                My Indigo album turned out quite as I expected. Not perfect, but still really strong. What a longevity. Still listen to "Lesson Learned" once in a while.
                                                Woah, I had no idea you're still playing a song from her every now and then. But yes, the album is very strong and I wouldn't mind a second solo album from her at some point. It's refreshing to have her beautiful voice also outside of the WT stuff.

Comment

• Wasn't a big album listener, but from the last batch I did enjoy Miley's EP. I'm quite a stan at this point tbh!

I tried Taylor's Lover, but few songs really stuck with me. I do appreciate how chill, mature and wholesome it sounds (bar a few exceptions), and I think the length is a flaw, but also makes it unique in her catalogue and, if you fully get into it, probably a rewarding listen all the way. Tori Amos had a number of 18-track albums that I disgested track by track for a long time, so I kinda like that she made it this long. Personally for me, I'm more of a Reputation guy even though this album feels much more mature.

The Ariana albums weren't my thing, I want her to go pop again at this point. TUN seems like a Part 2 of Sweetener, but nothing really stuck with me there.

last.fm

Comment

• Lover <3 Miss Americana is perfect
                                                    [#1 REVEALED!] 2019 Year End Charts: The 20/20 Experience

My Song Charts

Comment

Working...
                                                    X