No announcement yet.

Shanes Top 100 Of The 2010s [100 - 1]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Could Be The One is one of Avicii’s best, brilliant.

Comment

65 RUDIMENTAL F/TOM WALKER - WALK ALONE

Year - 2018
      Peak - no.5

Rudimental have been a welcome addition to music this decade, and have scored chart toppers with "Feel The Love" and "Let Me Live" in my chart, though neither quite make my top 100 of the decade, that honour goes to this criminally underrated track, which also served as an introduction to one of this years biggest new names, Tom Walker.

64 ALPHABEAT - DJ

Year - 2010
      Peak - no.5

Alphabeat have always been a guilty pleasure of mine and this happy-go-lucky song was my favourite from their 2010 album "The Beat Is.." it kind of took me back to Ace Of Base's "Flowers" era, another of my guilty pleasures.

63 LE YOUTH F/JAVEON - FEEL YOUR LOVE

Year - 2014
      Peak - no.1

While I mentioned previously that Le Youth made a fine art of turning R&B classics into house anthems, it was one of their original tracks, "Feel Your Love" that gave them one of 4 number ones on my chart and gives them their most successful entry here.

62 FREYA RIDINGS - CASTLES

Year - 2019
      Peak - no.2

Her debut single, "Lost Without You" may have sounded like everything else coming out from female singer-songwriters this decade, but "Castles" gave Freya her own personality and sound. Sassy, catchy and timeless.

61 ELLA EYRE - COMEBACK

Year - 2014
      Peak - no.2

Ella still feels like a brand new artist to me, so it's bizarre here we find her entry comes from the first half of the decade rather than the last. It's my favourite of her singles, packed with attitude and character.
      1 Harry Styles|2 Dua Lipa |3 Doja Cat |4 Elodie|5 Lizzo |

Comment

Comeback was one of the first songs I rinsed to death when I got Spotify Premium! Should’ve been massive.

Comment

"Tiny Love" is good, though not on the same level as "Dear Jealousy" or "Sanremo" for me.

I love "Comeback". The passion Ella brings to it is incredible!
          Akini's Top 400 Songs of the 2010s: [385-381]

The forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe, for the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was made of wood, he was one of them.

Comment

60 DEVLIN F/YASMIN - RUNAWAY

Year - 2010
            Peak - no.8

Hitting well before the UK Grime scene really took off, Devlin was a UK rapper with a run of much more palatable singles, especially this one with a beautiful hook from Yasmin.

59 MARSHMELLO & BASILLE - HAPPIER

Year - 2018
            Peak - no.2

This is a weird one for me, because I didn't like anything previously from either Bastille or Marshmello, and when I saw this cringeworthy try hard video, I didn't think I liked this song either, but it grew on me massively and hung around my top 50 for months.

58 CHRIS BROWN F/RIHANNA - TURN UP THE MUSIC

Year - 2012
            Peak - no.2

Chris Brown is at his best for me when he's releasing those basic club bops, and this is his best IMO, when they brought Rihanna in for the remix, who was having her success at the time in this genre too, it was a perfect fit.

57 TRINA F/KERI HILSON & P DIDDY - MILLION DOLLAR GIRL

Year - 2010
            Peak - no.2

Rapper, Trina, came before her time was due, this track was one of her more pop direction songs, which was massively catchy.

56 KACEY MUSGRAVES - BISCUITS

Year - 2015
            Peak - no.1

Another country song that broke through onto my chart, Kacey Musgraves became one of my favourite new artists of the decade, thanks to her original fun lyrics and great vocals.

Comment

55 ARIANA GRANDE - GOD IS A WOMAN

Year - 2018
              Peak - no.1

Ariana picked up her first number one hit on my chart with this song which easily had my favourite video of last year. Production was slick and vocally she sounded better than ever.

54 ALMA F/TOVE STYRKE - GOOD VIBES

Year - 2018
              Peak - no.5

Another from last year now, and song that just continued to grow and grow on me. Alma has still yet to break through with that huge hit, but for me this should have been it.

53 SECONDCITY F/ALI LOVE - WHAT CAN I DO?

Year - 2014
              Peak - no.4

SecondCity had a massive UK no.1 with "I Wanna Feel", but it was neither here nor there for me, I much preferred this lesser known follow up, with top dance vocalist, Ali Love.

52 FLO RIDA F/ETTA JAMES - GOOD FEELING (AVICII VERSION)

Year - 2011
              Peak - no.1

How did this get here? What a mess of a release this was, Avicii hadn't officially released Levels yet, but Flo Rida took Levels and turned it into his own Etta Bond sampling "Good Feeling", only for Avcii to deny him use of the sample. The original version with Avicii is still a bop though.

51 MAJOR LAZER F/PHARRELL WILLIAMS - AEROSOL CAN

Year - 2014
              Peak - no.1

Joining Zara Larsson for the second most amount of appearances in this list with 4 is Major Lazer, but while Zara has already surrendered three songs, this is the first for Major Lazer. A different side to Pharrell with a quickfire monologue and a great stripped back production.

Comment

Some interesting stuff in here and lots that I’d forgotten about!

Comment

Forgot about that Devlin song, loved that at the time. Yeah that whole Flo Rida thing was a bit of a mess Huge fan of Levels though.
                  Ste's Personal Chart 2020

Comment

BUBBLING UNDER
                    5 songs that didn't quite make my top 100 of the 2010s, but are too good to not get a mention.

104 KE$HA - LEARN TO LET GO

Year - 2017
                    Peak - no.1

Ke$ha's early musical output was dismal at best, but since dropping Dr Luke and finally being free, she has gone from strength to strength. Channeling her best Daenerys Targaryen on this one.

105 N.O.R.E F/PHARRELL WILLIAMS - UNO MAS

Year - 2017
                    Peak - no.1

Another number one from 2017, it had been years since N.O.R.E had made any appearance on my personal chart, but this Summer jam came out of nowhere, with a Calypso beat and great hook from Pharrell.

107 KELLY ROWLAND F/DAVID GUETTA - COMMANDER

Year - 2010
                    Peak - no.1

There was huge anticipation for another Kelly/Guetta collab after the three we got from Guetta's "One Love" album, especially on international hit, "When Love Takes Over", and they didn't disappoint, Kelly really did command this song with such power and presence.

109 MUTYA KEISHA SIOBHAN - FLATLINE

Year - 2013
                    Peak - no.4

The originally Sugababes finally got back together for this comeback single in 2013, and while it didn't exactly set the charts or radios alight, the fans seemed to like it, and it was a huge grower IMO.

111 JAZMINE SULLIVAN - IF YOU DARE

Year - 2015
                    Peak - no.1

Still one of my absolute favourite artists, Jazmine had four songs in my year end charts this decade, but none quite made the top 100 of the decade, this got closest, thanks to being incredibly catchy, with a great beat, sadly the Good Morning America performance seems to have been taken down from Youtube, surely we're ready for the next album...

Comment

Shame MKS & Kelly Rowland missed the list! Great tunes.

Comment

50 JENNIFER HUDSON - I KNOW WHERE I'VE BEEN

Year - 2016
                        Peak - no.1

Sadly the performance has been since taken off youtube, but Jennifer Hudson did an even better vocal than Queen Latifah when she performed this Hairspray song as part of a TV Live special of the musical. For me this is one of the best vocal performances of alltime.

49 DISCO FRIES F/HOPE MURPHY - BORN READY (HALOGEN MIX)

Year - 2016
                        Peak - no.1

I don't know who Hope Murphy is, and haven't heard anything of her since, but she sounded SO Jessie J on this song, which is interesting because I don't usually like her voice, but on this song Hope/Jessie sounds really good. Uplifting house.

48 CLARE MAGUIRE - THE SHIELD & THE SWORD

Year - 2011
                        Peak - no.3

Eugh...another music video removed from youtube? Clare has really provided anything of interest for me, but I loved the power in her voice on this.

47 PETITE MELLER - BABY LOVE

Year - 2015
                        Peak - no.1

An act that came out of nowhere and had a string of hits on my chart, in fact 2 number ones and four top 5 hits from their debut album, then they kind of disappeared again. Recently they've released a couple of new tracks, but nothing took my fancy. This debut still remains their best, imagine Die Antwoord goes pop.

46 STEFFLON DON F/FRENCH MONTANA - HURTIN' ME

Year - 2017
                        Peak - no.1

A UK female rapper scoring international success? Who'd have thought it? Hurtin Me really took on the sound that French Montana had already had success with on his "Unforgettable".

Comment

Commander robbed!

Clare Maguire was great, deserved to be big, and whatever happened to Petite Meller?! Hurtin’ Me was cool.

Comment

Oh yes Clare Maguire song was great. Also love me a bit of Petite Meller - I still listen to that album. Very catchy stuff.

Comment

45 NINA SKY - CHAMPION LOVER

Year - 2016
                              Peak - no.2

Nina Sky are probably best known as one hit wonders with "Move Ya Body" back in the last decade, though in that decade that had 2 number ones on my chart with other songs. In this decade they kept returning every year or so with a new song from a forthcoming new album, with a different name each time, but nothing seemed to stick. This one however I really loved the production and the AY's.

44 JOHN NEWMAN - FEELINGS

Year - 2019
                              Peak - no.2

As John Newmans popularity has been slowly waining, I have thought he has gotten better and better, his latest single, Feelings is my favourite of his. His voice is exceptional and this song is catchy af.

43 JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE - CAN'T STOP THE FEELING

Year - 2016
                              Peak - no.2

The video for this one has passed the 1 billion mark on Youtube and it's nowhere, full of pure joy, and the movie it comes from has now all been forgotten. Easily the best thing he came out with this decade for me.

42 ALEXIS JORDAN - HAPPINESS

Year - 2011
                              Peak - no.1

Her career began with a very strong set of singles and then she just kind of faded away again. This, her debut is her best for me. I love the way the song builds.

41 ICONA POP - EMERGENCY

Year - 2015
                              Peak - no.8

Like Nina Sky, Icona Pop are kind of remembered as one hit wonders here but have gone on to have much more success in my chart, in fact they've had 5 top 20 hits on my chart, and although this one wasn't the highest charting, it's gone on to be the biggest on my list, it's just non stop energy.

Comment

Feelings is a great track, shame JN can’t get hits anymore.

Happiness easily one of the best dance/pop songs of the decade.

Comment

"Good Girl" was my favourite from Alexis though "Happiness" was great too.

JT song was very catchy too.

Comment

Happiness was such a surprisingly great release from someone I didn't really know or care for. I don't think she'll ever top that song. Still sounds very unique.
                                    last.fm

Comment

"Happier" is good. "Turn Up the Music" is a bit of a bop. "Biscuits" is a great example of Kacey's first-class lyricism.

"God is a Woman" was a game-changer for me as far as Ariana's output was concerned. I think it's the first time I looked at her and thought she could be one of the girls in pop music.

Boo at "Commander" missing the main show! That's my favourite Kelly R. song.

"Can't Stop the Feeling" is catchy.
                                      Akini's Top 400 Songs of the 2010s: [385-381]

The forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe, for the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was made of wood, he was one of them.

Comment

40 CLEAN BANDIT F/ZARA LARSSON - SYMPHONY

Year - 2017
                                        Peak - no.2

So here's the highest of Zara's 4 appearances. Also great to see a British act (Clean Bandit) with close to a billion views on Youtube. This decade they became the go to act for catchy radio friendly songs with interesting unique production. This was their best for me.

39 MAJOR LAZER F/SEAN PAUL - COME ON TO ME

Year - 2014
                                        Peak - no.1

I love any song with a surprise element that makes you sit up. With any Major Lazer song there is always a lot riding on what the drop is going to be like, and with this one, when the drop comes it's like...woah...wait a minute where did that come from? It commands attention. The video is cool too!

38 SIGRID - DON'T FEEL LIKE CRYING

Year - 2019
                                        Peak - no.9

A song this high on my decade end list, that didn't ever peak higher than no.9, must have hung around on my chart for a long time, and this certainly did, it's catchy and fun with a great lyric and I just did not get bored of it, I still happily listen to this song frequently.

37 YEMI ALADE - FERRARI

Year - 2016
                                        Peak - no.1

I love a song with a good Afro beat and Yemi delivered so much sass on this song, it was my song of the Summer in 2016, I've continued to check out her releases but I don't think she's managed to match this so far .

36 DJ FRESH F/SIAN EVANS - LOUDER

Year - 2011
                                        Peak - no.3

DJ Fresh was a mainstay on my chart this decade, afte r atop 10 hit with "Hypercaine" in 2009, he went from strength to strength with 9 top 20 hits in the 2010s including 2 number ones. Oh and he still has another song to come on this list...

Comment

Oh yeah here for Yemi Aladi.

Symphony great and DJ Fresh was a former #1 in my personal chart.

Comment

35 NICKI MINAJ - ITTY BITTY PIGGY

Year - 2010
                                            Peak - no.1

When Nicki first came out, her style was like nothing we'd ever heard before, and this single from one of her early mixtapes, Beam Me Up Scotty was areal taste of what was to come.

34 SEEB & R.CITY - UNDER YOUR SKIN

Year - 2017
                                            Peak - no.1

SeeB has become one of the most successful producers on my chart in the second half of the decade, with three number ones and five more top 10s, this sits on top of the pack though.

33 ARIANA GRANDE - BREATHIN'

Year - 2018
                                            Peak - no.2

Ariana went from zero to hero on my chart in the later end of the decade, after minor hits previously, the Sweetener era brought something special from her, this didn't hit me instantly like God Is A Woman or No Tears Left To Cry, but it was such an earworm, it just built and built for me and now becomes my highest ranking Ariana song of the 10s.

32 NICKI MINAJ - SUPER BASS

Year - 2011
                                            Peak - no.1

This was the song that really broke Nicki Minaj into the mainstream internationally and bizarrely was just a bonus track on the Pink Friday album. It introduced us to a pop side of Nicki.

31 A$AP FERG F/MISSY ELLIOTT - STRIVE

Year - 2016
                                            Peak - no.1

You know you really love a song when it leaves you wanting more, even at 3 and a half minutes long, when this song finishes I feel like I want another verse. I love it when dance and hip hop blends together as well as this one, it just makes you want to dance. I remember it creeping into the uk itunes top 40 but never quite made it to chart.

Comment

Still love Super Bass and Louder.

Forgot all about that ASAP Ferg one!

Comment

30 MACKLEMORE & RYAN LEWIS - DOWNTOWN

Year - 2015
                                                Peak - no.1

Lead single from their second album, this song was big and bold and fun, with a great video too. The least great thing they did together. It had a lengthy run at number one on my chart.

29 DJ SNAKE F/SELENA GOMEZ, OZUNA & CARDI B - TAKI TAKI

Year - 2018
                                                Peak - no.1

Another song with a long run at number one on my chart, it took me a while to get into it, but when I did I was obsessed. The video has a billion views, oh plus another 600,000. Love the hypnotic production and each of them have a moment to shine on this barmy track.

28 HAILEE STEINFELD - CAPITAL LETTERS

Year - 2018
                                                Peak - no.1

One good thing to come out of the Fifty Shades franchise was a handful of good pop songs, and ahead of them all for me was this from Hailee. Just a slick production, good vocal, catchy song, very likeable.

27 SNAKEHIPS F/SINEAD HARNETT - DAYS WITH YOU

Year - 2014
                                                Peak - no.1

Everything Snakehips have released has been quite different from each other, this, their lead single, wasn't a hit, but I loved it, it gave me feels of 90s UK R&B.

26 THE CHAINSMOKERS F/DAYA - DON'T LET ME DOWN

Year - 2016
                                                Peak - no.2

Another act that seem to keep changing their production style, this was my favourite from Chainsmokers, who managed 4 top 10's in total this decade, though their international hit, "Closer" only made no.39 on my chart.

Comment

My fave in your Top 40 so far

40 CLEAN BANDIT F/ZARA LARSSON - SYMPHONY
                                                  [#1 REVEALED!] 2019 Year End Charts: The 20/20 Experience

My Song Charts

Comment

Downtown was a fantastic track, one of the more interesting hits of the last five years.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X