• Show
Clear All

Memories was my song of 2010... so many good... memories
    THRILLER’S SOUNDS OF THE 90s

Comment

8 KANYE WEST F/RICK ROSS, JAY-Z, NICKI MINAJ & BON IVER - MONSTER

Year - 2010
      Peak - no.1

It's often cited as still being the song with Nicki's best verse and for me it was one of the last great KanYe tracks. Excellent video too which bizarrely is still not officially available on Youtube. This was my no.36 of 2010 and my no.17 of 2011.

7 ALUNAGEORGE F/POPCAAN - I'M IN CONTROL

Year - 2016
      Peak - no.2

My number one of 2016 is from the criminally underrated AlunaGeorge, this song came straight after a decent debut era, but somehow just could not get over the line to become a hit. Love everything about this song, from it's infectious drop to its Island influences.
      1 pnau |2 Gabrielle Aplin |3 Dotter|4 Sofi Tukker |5 Afrojack

Comment

Two great songs, especially AlunaGeorge - that was such a huge grower for me in 2016.

Comment

6 SUB FOCUS - TURN BACK TIME

Year - 2013
          Peak - no.1

Sub Focus picked up 9 charting hits this decade, but by far the biggest of them all was this old school sounding anthem "Turn Back Time" which had a lengthy run at the top of my chart at the end of 2013. That great build up into an unexpected drop and a strong vocal.

5 SIGALA - EASY LOVE

Year - 2015
          Peak - no.1

Easily one of the most successful acts on my chart this decade, this one started a run of 7 number one hits and 13 top 10s. Sampling Jackson 5's "ABC", it wasn't the first time that song had topped my chart as a dance anthem, as Freemasons remix of "ABC" had made no.1 back in 2007, but this was pure infectious happiness, with a great fun video too.

4 MAJOR LAZER & DJ SNAKE F/MO - LEAN ON

Year - 2015
          Peak - no.1

Another one of the most successful new acts of the decade, Major Lazer picked up 6 number ones on my chart and 16 top 10s. This is the biggest. Hypnotic production, beautiful vocals. Gorgeous video. This song is perfect in every way.

Comment

"Easy Love" was a tune!
            Ste's Personal Chart 2020

Comment

Lean On is very “you”, great song.

Turn Back Time was amazing.

Comment

3 PNAU F/KIRA DIVINE & MARQUES TOLIVER - SOLID GOLD

Year - 2019
                Peak - no.1

What can I say about this song? It spent 30 weeks in my chart last year including a record 12 weeks at no.1. PNAU topped my chart three times this decade, but this song was on a whole other level. I went on holiday on my own for the first time last Summer and this kind of became my anthem for that holiday, well it was pretty much my entire Summer last year.

2 DJ FRESH F/JAY FAY & MS DYNAMITE - DIBBY DIBBY SOUND

Year - 2013
                Peak - no.2

Without ever quite reaching no.1 on my personal chart, this has become my no.2 song of the decade, it was my no.25 of 2015 and then my no.5 of 2014. It has one of the best baselines I've ever heard, crunchy, loud and bolshy, Ms Dynamite sounds better than ever on it too.

1 DAVID GUETTA F/NICKI MINAJ - TURN ME ON

Year - 2011
                Peak - no.1

One of four number ones for Guetta on my chart this decade and the nearest a song has come to being in my top 10 of too consecutive year end charts, as my no.5 of 2011 and no.11 of 2012.

Just remember how much I enjoyed singing along to this song at the top of my voice as I hung backwards out my window holding on tightly to my cheese chips.

419101_10150502799001384_215288112_n.jpg

Comment

Feel privileged to have been there in person to witness this moment.

Fantastic song too.
                  Ste's Personal Chart 2020

Comment

As soon as I saw Turn Me On as your #1 I pictured THAT photo!

Great top 3, forgot how good DDS was.

Comment

PNAU in the top 3 is great though!
                      Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

"Symphony" is terrific. It's my second fave from Clean Bandit. YES at a Beam Me Up Scotty track charting. "Itty Bitty Piggy" isn't my favourite from the mixtape, but it is pretty good still!

Love the love for "Breathin"! "Super Bass" is great. Glad it was such a big hit for her. It definitely encouraged her to do more pop tracks, which gave us "Starships", her biggest hit yet.

"Can't Hold Us" is brilliant! It was also my 2013 year-end #1. "Sign of the Times" is terrific.

Oh, "Monster" was a whole entire moment. So many hip/hop giants on the track and Onika bodied them all. Brilliant song.

"Turn Me On" is a surprise #1! Cool that a Guetta song is your decade-end #1, and one featuring the rap queen, no less! Hilarious photo, too.
                        Akini's Top 400 Songs of the Decade: [2-1!]

Comment

Working...
                        X