X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

25 FUSE ODG F/WYCLEF JEAN - ANTENNA

Year - 2013
    Peak - no.1

I was obsessed with this song in the Summer of 2013 and in fact it's still the most played song on my itunes. I've posted the dance competition video because this has over 18 million views where the official video has less than 2, they really sold the song to me in that video.

24 SHAKIRA F/FRESHLEYGROUND - WAKA WAKA

Year - 2010
    Peak - no.1

This one spent 8 weeks as my number one in the Summer of 2010, I kind of bypassed it during the world cup, but when I went on holiday to Gran Canaria for the first time of many that year, this song was everywhere and it has become one of those on holiday where they get all the pissed up audience up to try and copy the dance routine. It's still my favourite of hers.

23 LMFAO F/NATALIA KILLS - CHAMPAGNE SHOWERS

Year - 2011
    Peak - no.1

We're losing some big songs from my chart now as Waka Waka ranked my number one of 2010 list and this one ranked my number one of 2011 list. This for me was the perfect follow up to "Party Rock Anthem", with a video that continued on the story of the previous, some more fun verses and that crazy chorus from Natalia, plusI love a big drop in a song and this has one of the best towards the end.

22 SAM AND THE WOMP - BOM BOM

Year - 2012
    Peak - no.1

And here's another year end winner as Sam And The Womp took my no.1 song of 2012 with this, they have become pretty much a one hit wonder and the song has gone against the grain of pretty much every other hit single of the decade, with it's heavily reliance on trumpets and ridiculous lyrics. Despite never following it up with another hit in the UK, they have had 5 top 50 hits on my chart this decade including 3 top 10s.

21 MARTIN SOLVEIG F/INA WROLSDEN - PLACES

Year - 2016
    Peak - no.1

I love a generic dance anthem, but when pairing Martin's excellent production with Ina's gorgeous vocals, this is better than most. It is a rare song to appear in two of my year end lists as it topped my chart throughout Christmas 2016 and ended up my no.89 of 2016 and no.12 of 2017.
    1 Harry Styles|2 Dua Lipa |3 Doja Cat |4 Elodie|5 Lizzo |

Comment

Great selection there, all five are bangers! Bom Bom was such a random but obvious hit at the same time.

Comment

Aww Antenna brings back good memories. Knew Bom Bom would be high.
        Waka Waka was good too.
        Ste's Personal Chart 2020

Comment

20 AFROJACK F/EVA SIMONS - TAKE OVER CONTROL

Year - 2010
          Peak - no.3

Afrojack had a strong run of hits on my chart this decade, appearing 6 times in my year end charts and scoring 13 charting hits. This was the one that started it all, with Eva's great voice and that crazy hypnotic Afrojack sound, sadly the UK radio edit kind of stripped the song into something that felt a bit clumsy and cut and paste.

19 MACKLEMORE & RYAN LEWIS F/RAY DALTON - CAN'T HOLD US

Year - 2013
          Peak - no.2

The highest of 3 appearances from Macklemore and another year end favourite, topping my 2013 year end list. Macklemore offered something new to hip hop when he arrived all guns blazing in 2013, usually also giving a platform to unknown vocalists to provide the hook. As soon as this song starts it is instant, loud and exciting and it just builds into the most magnificent chorus.

18 MAJOR LAZER F/NASTY C, ICE PRINCE, PATORANKING, JIDENNA & DJ MAPHORISA - PARTICULA

Year - 2017
          Peak - no.1

With 6 number ones, 12 appearances in my year end charts, 16 top 10s and 23 charting hits at all, Major Lazer have probably been the greatest addition to music for me this decade. "Particula" represents everything I love in a good Major Lazer track, a whiring fun production with a unique drop, a mixture of vocalists, catchy chorus.

17 HARRY STYLES - SIGN OF THE TIMES

Year - 2017
          Peak - no.1

My number one song of 2017 now, and what a revelation. After never liking anything by One Direction, Harry Styles has shown himself to be an excellent musician with exceptional taste in music. "Sign Of The Times" to me is one of those songs that is just bigger than just being a good song, it's a force. Beautifully written, beautifully sung, it demands your full attention.

16 SIGALA F/BRYN CHRISTOPHER - SWEET LOVIN'

Year - 2015
          Peak - no.1

Another new act with phenomenal success in my chart this decade is Sigala, he's had 7 number ones, 10 songs in my year end charts and 13 top 10 hits. "Sweet Lovin" has one of the greatest dance vocals ever from Bryn Christopher and the most ridiculously joyous Sigala production. 3 minutes of sheer happiness.

Comment

Oh my god, Take Over Control is an incredible song - I was obsessed with it back in the day. It's so annoying that I can only find the chopped up radio edit on Spotify.

Comment

15 SHAGGY F/MOHOMBI, COSTI & FAYDEE - I NEED YOUR LOVE

Year - 2015
              Peak - no.1

A great holiday song this one, makes you just need to be in the sun, Shaggy had an international hit out of nowhere and returned to the billboard hot 100 with this catchy little number.

14 DUKE DUMONT & JAX JONES F/KELLI-LEIGH - I GOT U

Year - 2013
              Peak - no.1

A strong new act for this decade, Duke Dumont picked up three chart toppers on my chart and appeared in my year end lists 5 times, this one topping them all thanks to it's huge Whitney sample and beautiful Summer production. It also gave Jax Jones a first hit, he would go on to score 6 top 10 hits on my chart this decade.

13 FICKLE FRIENDS - SAN FRANCISCO

Year - 2018
              Peak - no.1

A promising new act for the new decade, Fickle Friends are an act Im going to be following closely. Their debut album was so full of joy and happiness, and this single is one of the most delightful in recent years, always goes down well as a driving song.

12 CHRIS MALINCHAK - WASH MY SOUL

Year - 2019
              Peak - no.1

Thanks to Thriller Mike for this one. This stunning song took on a whole new meaning for me in this last year, I mentioned once before, but this song feels like it should be played as you soar up to heaven, with your soul literally washed free, cares dispersed.

11 MARINA AND THE DIAMONDS - SHAMPAIN

Year - 2010
              Peak - no.2

This song became a big deal for me, because after her first 2 singles failed to make my chart, this one became a huge hit and "Oh No" followed it up as a hit too. (I've since really loved I Am Not A Robot - and it should have made my chart after all!). She has gone on to have 12 charting songs this decade, with this at the top of the list.

Comment

Wash My Soul is gorgeous!

Shampain was one of my favourites from Marina’s debut.

Comment

"Sign Of The Times" was also my song of the year in 2017.

Also Afrojack is a chooooon!

Comment

10 INNA F/J BALVIN - COLA SONG

Year - 2014
                    Peak - no.1

Inna had a couple of reasonable size hits in the UK at the beginning of the decade before deserting us for the rest of the Europe, where she's still pretty much a big deal, her videos often top 100m views on youtube. On my chart, "Cola Song" was the song that turned me from a casual listener to a huge fan, it was everywhere that year in my favourite jaunt, Gran Canaria and still seems to be a favourite in the clubs there. My number one song of 2014, since that song she's now racked up 8 songs that have made my year end top 100s, and has had 33 charting hits, including 17 top 10s.

9 DAVID GUETTA F/KID CUDI - MEMORIES

Year - 2010
                    Peak - no.1

Despite not being as big as other hits from this album, I feel like this song became a bit of a fan favourite, and still stands the test of time. Guetta transcends the decades, still entering my chart now in 2020, he made his first appearance on my chart back in 2004.

Comment

Aww memories...

Comment

Memories was my song of 2010... so many good... memories

Comment

8 KANYE WEST F/RICK ROSS, JAY-Z, NICKI MINAJ & BON IVER - MONSTER

Year - 2010
                          Peak - no.1

It's often cited as still being the song with Nicki's best verse and for me it was one of the last great KanYe tracks. Excellent video too which bizarrely is still not officially available on Youtube. This was my no.36 of 2010 and my no.17 of 2011.

7 ALUNAGEORGE F/POPCAAN - I'M IN CONTROL

Year - 2016
                          Peak - no.2

My number one of 2016 is from the criminally underrated AlunaGeorge, this song came straight after a decent debut era, but somehow just could not get over the line to become a hit. Love everything about this song, from it's infectious drop to its Island influences.

Comment

Two great songs, especially AlunaGeorge - that was such a huge grower for me in 2016.

Comment

6 SUB FOCUS - TURN BACK TIME

Year - 2013
                              Peak - no.1

Sub Focus picked up 9 charting hits this decade, but by far the biggest of them all was this old school sounding anthem "Turn Back Time" which had a lengthy run at the top of my chart at the end of 2013. That great build up into an unexpected drop and a strong vocal.

5 SIGALA - EASY LOVE

Year - 2015
                              Peak - no.1

Easily one of the most successful acts on my chart this decade, this one started a run of 7 number one hits and 13 top 10s. Sampling Jackson 5's "ABC", it wasn't the first time that song had topped my chart as a dance anthem, as Freemasons remix of "ABC" had made no.1 back in 2007, but this was pure infectious happiness, with a great fun video too.

4 MAJOR LAZER & DJ SNAKE F/MO - LEAN ON

Year - 2015
                              Peak - no.1

Another one of the most successful new acts of the decade, Major Lazer picked up 6 number ones on my chart and 16 top 10s. This is the biggest. Hypnotic production, beautiful vocals. Gorgeous video. This song is perfect in every way.

Comment

"Easy Love" was a tune!

Comment

Lean On is very “you”, great song.

Turn Back Time was amazing.

Comment

3 PNAU F/KIRA DIVINE & MARQUES TOLIVER - SOLID GOLD

Year - 2019
                                    Peak - no.1

What can I say about this song? It spent 30 weeks in my chart last year including a record 12 weeks at no.1. PNAU topped my chart three times this decade, but this song was on a whole other level. I went on holiday on my own for the first time last Summer and this kind of became my anthem for that holiday, well it was pretty much my entire Summer last year.

2 DJ FRESH F/JAY FAY & MS DYNAMITE - DIBBY DIBBY SOUND

Year - 2013
                                    Peak - no.2

Without ever quite reaching no.1 on my personal chart, this has become my no.2 song of the decade, it was my no.25 of 2015 and then my no.5 of 2014. It has one of the best baselines I've ever heard, crunchy, loud and bolshy, Ms Dynamite sounds better than ever on it too.

1 DAVID GUETTA F/NICKI MINAJ - TURN ME ON

Year - 2011
                                    Peak - no.1

One of four number ones for Guetta on my chart this decade and the nearest a song has come to being in my top 10 of too consecutive year end charts, as my no.5 of 2011 and no.11 of 2012.

Just remember how much I enjoyed singing along to this song at the top of my voice as I hung backwards out my window holding on tightly to my cheese chips.

419101_10150502799001384_215288112_n.jpg

Comment

Feel privileged to have been there in person to witness this moment.

Fantastic song too.

Comment

As soon as I saw Turn Me On as your #1 I pictured THAT photo!

Great top 3, forgot how good DDS was.

Comment

Working...
                                        X