Akini's Top 25 Artists of 2019: [#1 Revealed!]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Akini's Top 25 Artists of 2019: [#1 Revealed!]

It's time to wrap up my 2019 music summary, and here's the final part to complete the trilogy set - my artists countdown!

I'm comfortable enough with the methodology I implemented in 2012 to roll it forward another year.

Component #1 - each artist earns points for each song and album he or she had in my top 100 songs and top 25 albums lists. So "Juice", which was #1 on my songs list, earned Lizzo 100 points, "Higher Love", which was #2, produced 99 points for Kygo and Whitney Houston, and so on.

Component #2 - my #1 album, Norman F**king Rockwell!, earns Lana Del Rey 100 points, my #2, Thank U, Next, gives Ariana Grande 96 points, and Lover, which was third, translates to 92 points for Taylor Swift, and so on.

Component #3 - the number of plays an artist got is translated directly into the third element of the equation, so if RuPaul managed 500 spins for 2018, she gets 500 points.

So below are the five nominees for artist of the year! Take your best punt in the poll. I will say that in some years it's been close, and in others it's been a blowout. This year was a blowout.

Ariana Grande
    0.00%
    Lana Del Rey
    0.00%
    Lizzo
    0.00%
    RuPaul
    25.00%
    Taylor Swift
    75.00%
    Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [2-1!]

I saw quite a few Taylor entries, let's go for her,
    Check out my Top 100 of 2012 Countdown!

Comment

I'm also going with Taylor because I think she did the best on both of your other countdowns so far.

Can't wait to find out where Ru lands! She did amazing on your Song countdown!

Comment

Originally posted by king_oxymoron View Post
        I saw quite a few Taylor entries, let's go for her,
        Let's see!

Originally posted by Tansike View Post
        I'm also going with Taylor because I think she did the best on both of your other countdowns so far.

Can't wait to find out where Ru lands! She did amazing on your Song countdown!
        Another Taylor vote! We'll see!

Ru will do well here, of course!

Comment

25. Manila Luzon - 157 points

I finally decided to give Drag Race a chance in 2019, and Manila Luzon quickly became one of my all-time (this holds less weight than it usually does) favourite stars of the show. She's got such a clever wit about her, and she brings that to her music. The video for "Go Fish" is the one of the gaggiest moments of the year, if only for her opting to feature Naomi Smalls.
          Code:
          Last Year's Rank: NE
          No. of Plays: 126
          Year-End Songs: Go Fish [#90]
          Year-End Albums: Rules! [#21]
          24. Maren Morris - 160 points

I'd liked Maren Morris's music for years now, but never really ventured into a full-length album of hers, at least not until 2019's Girl. In a rather dull year for country music, she was one of the genre's much-needed bright lights.
          Code:
          No. of Plays: 92
          Year-End Songs: Common [#89]; The Bones [#97]
          Year-End Albums: Girl [#13]
          23. The Weeknd - 205 points

Kudos to the Weeknd for coming through in the eleventh hour with two strong singles and managing to make this year-end list. He's been one of my top male artists of the decade, and I'm really excited by what "Blinding Lights" and "Heartless" suggest about his forthcoming LP.
          Code:
          Last Year's Rank: 21
          No. of Plays: 145
          Year-End Songs: Blinding Lights [#55]; Heartless [#87]
          22. Kanye West - 229 points

I had half a mind to ban him from my playlists, but "Selah" was just too good to ignore. Whatever disappointments I may have in Kanye the human-being, it seems that there'll always be some degree of brilliance to be found in Kanye the hip/hop king.
          Code:
          Last Year's Rank: RE
          No. of Plays: 119
          Year-End Songs: Selah [#15]
          Year-End Albums: Jesus Is King [#20]
          21. Miley Cyrus - 238 points

A big name in pop music this past decade, Miley didn't release a full-length album in 2019, but still kept fans sated with her She Is Coming EP. Her best work came late last year on Mark Ronson's "Nothing Breaks Like a Heart". I look forward to her next album release.
          Code:
          No. of Plays: 114
          Year-End Songs: Nothing Breaks Like a Heart [#37]; Slide Away [#69]; Don't Call Me Angel [#73]
          20. Todrick Hall - 270 points

As evidenced by his low play count, I got into Todrick's EP late this year, which meant that I didn't have the full span of 2019 to get into gems like "Attention" and "I Like Boys" like I did with "Nails, Hair, Hips, Heels". I do hope for his next release, Todrick gives us more variety. I still consider "It Gets Better" to be his finest song, so an LP with some inspirational ballads as rest points for the club anthems would be perfect for me.
          Code:
          No. of Plays: 82
          Year-End Songs: Attention [#47]; I Like Boys [#48]; Nails, Hair, Hips, Heels [#100]
          Year-End Albums: Haus Party, Pt. I [#6]
          19. Ava Max - 309 points

Ava Max spent most of 2019 building hype for her upcoming debut album, and consider my interest piqued!
          Code:
          No. of Plays: 194
          Year-End Songs: So Am I [#13]; Torn [#74]
          18. Billie Eilish - 314 points

Despite not featuring in my main countdown, "Everything I Wanted" showed me what a beautiful vocal Billie can deliver when the 'haus of horror pop' production she usually does is turned down. I'm looking forward to softer sounds and tunes from Billie in the future.
          Code:
          No. of Plays: 199
          Year-End Songs: Bad Guy [#34]
          Year-End Albums: When We Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? [#14]
          17. Megan Thee Stallion - 420 points

A promising freshman year for perhaps the second-hottest new name in hip/hop, Megan Thee Stallion's accomplishments include a rare letter of recommendation from the queen of hip/hop herself, Nicki Minaj. Megan's Fever mixtape proves she has bars, and I'm genuinely excited to see how she develops over the next few years. I think she can be a force for some time to come.
          Code:
          No. of Plays: 195
          Year-End Songs: Hot Girl Summer [#11]; Running Up Freestyle [#41]; Simon Says [#71]; Big Ole Freak [#96]
          Year-End Albums: Fever [#16]
          16. MNEK - 456 points

An accomplished producer in pop music for some years now, there was great anticipation for MNEK's debut album. Admittedly, a lot of the pre-Language hype I missed, but I hopped aboard MNEK Express late in 2018, and had all of 2019 to spend with his material and have it grow on me (the first time I played Language, I thought it was fairly bleh). He's definitely got my attention now, and I'm keen to hear what he has up his sleeves for his second act.
          Code:
          No. of Plays: 169
          Year-End Songs: Tongue [#10]; Correct [#27]; Girlfriend [#67]
          Year-End Albums: Language [#4]

Comment

I picked RuPaul in your poll - I just feel like it's been a thread through your charts this entire year.

Surpised at MNEK's placement until I saw Tongue as one of the singles. I had forgotten about that one.

Happy to see The Weeknd even though I only love one of the two singles. Ava had a strong year, but it'll be interesting if she turns out to be more flash in the pan or something substantial.

My favorite entries are Billie and Megan.

Comment

MNEK is the one I'm most pleased to see as the good sis and his album deserves more love and success.

Comment

25. Manila Luzon
                24. Maren Morris
                23. The Weeknd
                21. Miley Cyrus
                20. Todrick Hall
                19. Ava Max
                18. Billie Eilish
                16. MNEK

Already a strong group with lots of great artists, though a few of them are higher than expected (The Weeknd, Ava Max) while I thought others would be higher than they actually are (Todrick, MNEK) - but that makes the whole countdown really exciting and now I'm not sure anymore if Taylor will really end up at #1 or if Lana will snatch the title in the end.

Also very happy how far The Weeknd and Ava Max went without an album, but they really had a strong year despite not many releases.

Comment

I was crying about Manila in AS4 early 2019, so good to see her.

Nice to see Ava

Billie is cool, I don't get into all of her songs though. Still, I totally adore "everything i wanted".
                  2019 Year End Charts: The 20/20 Experience

Comment

I feel like Billie Eilish and Meghan Thee Stallion have been such huge, and refreshing, new artists for 2019! Both have released great albums, and made a real impact on the year.

Comment

Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
                      I picked RuPaul in your poll - I just feel like it's been a thread through your charts this entire year.

Surpised at MNEK's placement until I saw Tongue as one of the singles. I had forgotten about that one.

Happy to see The Weeknd even though I only love one of the two singles. Ava had a strong year, but it'll be interesting if she turns out to be more flash in the pan or something substantial.

My favorite entries are Billie and Megan.
                      Let's see!

I'm excited by Ava Max's prospects. I think she can really deliver a strong debut album.

MNEK is the one I'm most pleased to see as the good sis and his album deserves more love and success.
                      Agreed!

25. Manila Luzon
                      24. Maren Morris
                      23. The Weeknd
                      21. Miley Cyrus
                      20. Todrick Hall
                      19. Ava Max
                      18. Billie Eilish
                      16. MNEK

Already a strong group with lots of great artists, though a few of them are higher than expected (The Weeknd, Ava Max) while I thought others would be higher than they actually are (Todrick, MNEK) - but that makes the whole countdown really exciting and now I'm not sure anymore if Taylor will really end up at #1 or if Lana will snatch the title in the end.

Also very happy how far The Weeknd and Ava Max went without an album, but they really had a strong year despite not many releases.
                      Admittedly, my formula favours those artists who can score high play counts over high placements in the year-end song and album charts, though I will be revising my approach for next year. I decided to keep it this year just to be consistent for the decade. Usually, if an act does well on the song and album countdowns, they do well in the play count department, but not always...

Originally posted by LOVE+FEAR View Post
                      I was crying about Manila in AS4 early 2019, so good to see her.

Nice to see Ava

Billie is cool, I don't get into all of her songs though. Still, I totally adore "everything i wanted".
                      If I'd been watching at the time, I might've come close to doing the same!

"Everything I Wanted" is beautiful indeed!

Originally posted by UKMusicLova View Post
                      I feel like Billie Eilish and Meghan Thee Stallion have been such huge, and refreshing, new artists for 2019! Both have released great albums, and made a real impact on the year.
                      Agreed!

Comment

15. Mika - 462 points

My Name Is Michael Horbrook isn't Mika's finest album, and "Dear Jealousy" not his top song, but both had enough of that trademark Mika magic to keep me coming back to them time and time again (particularly "Dear Jealousy"). I'll always adore Mika for his stellar lyricism and uplifting melodies, so hoping he doesn't take forever with his next release.
                        Code:
                        No. of Plays: 324
                        Year-End Songs: Dear Jealousy [#21]; Sanremo [#75]
                        Year-End Albums: My Name Is Michael Holbrook [#18]
                        14. Will Young - 489 points

I'll be a broken record and say again that Will Young was one of the most pleasant surprises of 2019 for me. I'd known of him earlier on in the decade when "Leave Right Now" was used as the American Idol exit song during the juggernaut reality show's ninth season (in 2010) and then the following year with "Jealousy". Bill (CrazyCrazy) also introduced me to some Will Young songs he liked (my favourite being "You Don't Know"), but I'd never heard a really good album from Will before Lexicon, and "All the Songs" beats every Will song that preceded it. 2019 was a surprise banner year for Will, and I'm glad that he still has so much fire left this deep into his career.
                        Code:
                        No. of Plays: 255
                        Year-End Songs: All the Songs [#9]; Faithless Love [#59]; My Love [#63]; Scars [#95]
                        Year-End Albums: Lexicon [#12]
                        13. Carrie Underwood - 518 points

I saw Carrie Underwood live in concert in 2019 and seeing "End Up with You" in that setting really helped the song click with me after I'd dismissed it as forgettable album filler the year prior. And one song is really all it took to get perhaps the greatest country artist of all-time on this list.
                        Code:
                        Last Year's Rank: 8
                        No. of Plays: 423
                        Year-End Songs: End Up with You [#6]
                        12. Lil Nas X - 541 points

Before Carrie Underwood interrupted the flow, we had a nice string of out gay men, and here is the fourth (but obviously not final) team rainbow guy, Lil Nas X. I actually liked "Old Town Road" the first time I heard it and I was rooting for him to get to the top of the charts because of the clearly racist move by Billboard to remove it from the country charts. I didn't expect him to rule for as long as he did and being a considerably massive Mariah Carey fan, you might've expected some disappointment on my end for "Old Town Road" to remove "One Sweet Day" from the record books, but I was quite okay with it. The way America (and the world) is set up right now, it felt like a significant win. Having spoken so much about "Old Ton Road", I should probably mention that "Rodeo" is far superior. His EP shows that he has talent and I'm really excited for his future. I hope he doesn't spend his career trying to chase the heights of "Old Town Road". It's doubtful he'll ever see that commercial peak again, but I feel confident that he can have decent longevity with more "Rodeo"-esque (and even "Bring U Down"-esque) jams.
                        Code:
                        No. of Plays: 381
                        Year-End Songs: Rodeo [#8]; Old Town Road [#78]
                        Year-End Albums: 7 EP [#15]
                        11. Carly Rae Jepsen - 619 points

It may have been too much to ask for E•MO•TION 2.0, but Carly Rae delivered quality pop music in 2019, and considering how mercilessly my favourite genre seems to be getting annihilated on the charts, I'll take as much quality pop as I can get. She's another act I hope can release more regularly, as when she does, the material's usually pretty good.
                        Code:
                        No. of Plays: 459
                        Year-End Songs: Right Words, Wrong Time [#29]; Too Much [#77]
                        Year-End Albums: Dedicated [#10]
                        10. Tinashe - 621 points

Now this is a pretty stellar ranking because Tinashe accumulated just under one-third of the winner's total points in a single month! Had Songs for You come about six months earlier, I think Tinashe would've been able to challenge for top spot here! Alas, she edges out Carly Rae for a top 10 finish and she's certainly ascended up the artist tier for me. I'd always viewed her as an enormously talented young act whose music was super hit or miss for me, and she really came through in 2019 with an album that is undeniably good. I feel like it's easily her most accessible LP yet, her most adventurous, diverse, her best written - it is scarily good! I hope she continues to have fun with her music, take risks, and achieve the commercial success that's eluded her for so long. She's too talented an artist to be so underappreciated by the general public!
                        Code:
                        No. of Plays: 239
                        Year-End Songs: Know Better [#12]; So Much Better [#22]; Save Room for Us [#26]; Die a Little Bit [#40]; Perfect Crime [#99]
                        Year-End Albums: Songs for You [#7]
                        09. Céline Dion - 699 points

I'm a big diva lover so naturally I was going to check out Céline's new album and enjoy it to some extent. It amazes me that she is still in such fantastic vocal form and I think Courage is another solid album in her string of consistently good releases. It would be nice if we could more than two English albums next decade, though.
                        Code:
                        No. of Plays: 461
                        Year-End Songs: Perfect Goodbye [#30]; Flying on My Own [#53]; Falling in Love Again [#58]; Imperfections [#64]; How Did You Get Here [#98]
                        Year-End Albums: Courage [#17]
                        08. P!nk - 720 points

P!nk's become a mainstay in pop music at this point, so she can be forgiven for releasing an album that isn't as sonically adventurous as some of her previous work. It had two glowing gems, one of which - "Courage" - was a brilliant pick-me-up that I ran to regularly over the year, so P!nk kept me pretty satisfied last year.
                        Code:
                        No. of Plays: 469
                        Year-End Songs: Courage [#4]; 90 Days [#19]
                        Year-End Albums: Hurts 2B Human [#8]
                        07. Lizzo - 741 points

The vocalist behind my top song of the year, Lizzo's been a bountiful supplier of soulful pop anthems through 2019. She brings such emotion to her music, and is more diverse than she's given credit for. She can cover themes of heartbreak and self-love with equal gusto, and can just as competently serve up a catchy urban club jam. It's looking like she'll have a rich award season these coming months, but I look forward to her taking her time with her next release and giving us some more high-quality work.
                        Code:
                        No. of Plays: 475
                        Year-End Songs: Juice [#1]; Heaven Help Me [#45]; Good as Hell [#79]; Water Me [#82]; Jerome [#92]
                        Year-End Albums: Cuz I Love You [#11]
                        06. Madonna - 776 points

The immaculate queen of pop, Madonna releases are naturally hyped to the highest of heavens and this time, well, she didn't quite deliver the way we know she can. Sonically, Madame X is a disaster - an ambitious experiment gone awry, and loudly so. Message-wise, I appreciated the lyricism. 2019 was a mixed bag for Madge, but we know she has it in her to do better, and I suspect she'll clean things up for her next release. She doesn't even need to release another song, though, to still be regarded as one of the greatest music geniuses to ever walk the planet...but I would like more music!
                        Code:
                        No. of Plays: 685
                        Year-End Songs: God Control [#70]; I Rise [#76]; Faz Gostoso [#94]
                        Year-End Albums: Madame X [#19]

Comment

Carly has a great year for me whatever year it is, she's an icon. Lizzo has had a LEGIT huge year objectively not just because we Stan.

Comment

Carly has a great year for me whatever year it is, she's an icon. Lizzo has had a LEGIT huge year objectively not just because we Stan.
                            Carly releases so infrequently, though!

Comment

05. Lana Del Rey - 795 points

Lana made history when NFR topped my year-end albums list, becoming the first artist to have two albums finish atop my year-end lists. I said last year that Lana would "probably never return to her 2012 heights, where she had two tracks in my year-end top 10 songs, my year-end #1 album, and was my third favourite artist that year, but I suspect she could get dangerously close to that magical time", and I was right about the dangerously close bit! Were NFR released during a quieter time in my personal life in 2019, she probably could have exceeded that old peak and finished second here!
                              Code:
                              Last Year's Rank: 22
                              No. of Plays: 406
                              Year-End Songs: F**k It, I Love You [#3]; Happiness Is a Butterfly [#52]; The Greatest [#61]; Cinnamon Girl [#62]; California [#66]; Don't Call Me Angel [#73]
                              Year-End Albums: Norman F**king Rockwell! [#1]
                              04. Beyoncé - 1,030 points

Queen B's been a huge force in my year-end charts this decade, as will be evidenced in a forthcoming countdown, and in 2019 she came through in a fairly big way thanks to her Homecoming live album and her musical contribution to the Lion King soundtrack. Just looking at the three tracks that featured in my year-end lists, there are three distinctly different vibes: pure club mania, inspiring spirit-lifter, and mellow soul settler.
                              Code:
                              No. of Plays: 732
                              Year-End Songs: Before I Let Go [#16]; Bigger [#24]; Find Your Way Back [#33]
                              Year-End Albums: The Lion King: The Gift [#9]
                              03. RuPaul - 1,034 points

RuPaul's Drag Race was my big find of 2019, so I had a decade's worth of music to sift through. Ru's music ranges from unbearably awful to dizzyingly brilliant, but her decision to feature the top queens of each season on remixes of her own music has certainly breathed new life into a lot of her catalogue.
                              Code:
                              No. of Plays: 561
                              Year-End Songs: Kitty Girl [#7]; Main Event [#17]; Category Is [#20]; Jealous of My Boogie [#44]; Sissy That Walk [#46]; Read U Wrote U [#49]; To the Moon [#51]
                              02. Taylor Swift - 1,303 points

Taylor Swift has had a storied history in my year-end charts for the 2010s decade. A former champion (in 2017), she's now featured in the top 5 of my year-end artists list for a sixth year! Proving that she is incapable of recording a bad album, Lover is a more serene listen than its predecessor, removing the darker themes of defence and betrayal that made Reputation one of her weaker LPs and replacing them with a more sunshiny, optimistic, smooth vibe and sound. I've credited Taylor as being one of the great songwriters of her time, and 2019 gave us more of that. It was a good year for her, but she was still some way off from the year's finest act.
                              Code:
                              Last Year's Rank: 16
                              No. of Plays: 883
                              Year-End Songs: The Man [#5]; Afterglow [#23]; Miss Americana & the Heartbreak Prince [#39]; Daylight [#54]; Cruel Summer [#56]
                              Year-End Albums: Lover [#3]
                              01. Ariana Grande - 1,911 points

And the queen of 2018 returns to reign for a second consecutive year! I said in the OP that it wasn't close, but what I didn't say is that the then-mystery champion was never fronted! She started the year off pretty much the centre of my musical attention with "Thank U, Next" still having decent mileage left in its tank, "Imagine" starting to make its impression on me, and "7 Rings" coming mid-January and just slaying my soul with its hip/hop swag, and a short three weeks later she dropped Thank U, Next - essentially, she snatched the crown before any of the other ladies had a chance at it! By February month-end she'd amassed 644 spins and by mid-year I knew that unless Rihanna came out of retirement, I had my artist of the year in Ari. Comparing her year-to-year stats, Ari's almost 200 plays ahead of where she was last year, but lost some of the dominance that she had in my year-end songs countdown of 2018 where "Breathin" and "God Is a Woman" delivered an unprecedented 1-2 finish. Albums-wise, she's better than where she was last year, as Thank U, Next, her most cohesive (and finest) release to date finished #2 on the albums list in contrast to Sweetener's 10th place finish the year prior. The dangerous thing that happened in 2019, though, is that I feel in love with Ari's voice. It's beautiful, powerful, versatile, functions well in a live setting, and now that her enunciation skills have improved, I can understand everything she's singing. She has a therapeutic tone, which means that I'll probably be playing her a lot going forward. Thank U, Next was such a fun album to unpack. My favourites changed throughout the year. At one point, it seemed a certainty that "Ghostin", "In My Head", and "Bloodline" would feature in my year-end songs list before they were inevitably overtaken by "Imagine", "Needy", and "Fake Smile". I can't believe I've become a bit of an Ari stan, but she's earned my devotion with her string of incredibly catchy, meaningful, and memorable material. I think she's already achieved icon status at this point, and if she can keep this momentum going for the next decade, she'll start the 2030s as a legend. The charts and the GP seemed intent to lay pop to rest in 2019, but Ari kept the genre's fire ablaze in 2019, and I'll forever cherish her for it. Could her best music years still be ahead of her? I can't wait to find out!
                              Code:
                              Last Year's Rank: 1
                              No. of Plays: 1,523
                              Year-End Songs: Break Up with Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored [#18]; 7 Rings [#28]; Imagine [#50]; Needy [#57]; Don't Call Me Angel [#73]; Fake Smile [#88]
                              Year-End Albums: Thank U, Next [#2]

Comment

Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
                                Admittedly, my formula favours those artists who can score high play counts over high placements in the year-end song and album charts, though I will be revising my approach for next year. I decided to keep it this year just to be consistent for the decade. Usually, if an act does well on the song and album countdowns, they do well in the play count department, but not always...
                                Ah, interesting to hear that, then those position really make sense. Also excited to see how the change will work out

15. Mika
                                14. Will Young
                                13. Carrie Underwood
                                12. Lil Nas X
                                11. Carly Rae Jepsen
                                09. Céline Dion
                                08. P!nk
                                07. Lizzo
                                06. Madonna

Great group with one surprise - I didn't expect to see Madonna this high. Good for her though... I'm still a bit sad the album never connected with me, as she was such a big artist for me previously. Love Carrie's appearance and OMG, so amazing to hear you saw her live last year! She's on my bucket list, though she probably never visits Switzerland so I have to catch her on a tour in another country. Also enjoyed all others from this group last year.

05. Lana Del Rey
                                03. RuPaul
                                02. Taylor Swift
                                01. Ariana Grande

What a fantastic Top3 - all three of them were also huge parts of my 2019, so it's really cool to see them there. Especially Ariana leading with so many points it's great, though a little bit unexpected to me. Taylor really had a great 'comeback' last year after the "Reputation" era, still playing the album a lot these days. Also good to see Lana so high!

Great countdown as usual!

Comment

I don't know if I agree about CRJ releasing infrequently, she did Side B after emotion and many singles from this record!

Ru has a new album out today so I expect her in your next year end chart.

Got it wrong with Taylor, understand why though, Ariana for the last couple of years has been a background buzz to me just constantly releasing singles!

Comment

Hi there!
                                    Really like seeing The Weeknd, Ava Max, Billie Eilish, Megan Thee Stallion, MNEK, Lil Nas X, Carly Rae Jepsen, P!nk, Beyoncé and Taylor on there!
                                    Great countdown!
                                    Sergej's Personal Chart

Comment

Taylor <3
                                      2019 Year End Charts: The 20/20 Experience

Comment

Ah, interesting to hear that, then those position really make sense. Also excited to see how the change will work out

15. Mika
                                        14. Will Young
                                        13. Carrie Underwood
                                        12. Lil Nas X
                                        11. Carly Rae Jepsen
                                        09. Céline Dion
                                        08. P!nk
                                        07. Lizzo
                                        06. Madonna

Great group with one surprise - I didn't expect to see Madonna this high. Good for her though... I'm still a bit sad the album never connected with me, as she was such a big artist for me previously. Love Carrie's appearance and OMG, so amazing to hear you saw her live last year! She's on my bucket list, though she probably never visits Switzerland so I have to catch her on a tour in another country. Also enjoyed all others from this group last year.

05. Lana Del Rey
                                        03. RuPaul
                                        02. Taylor Swift
                                        01. Ariana Grande

What a fantastic Top3 - all three of them were also huge parts of my 2019, so it's really cool to see them there. Especially Ariana leading with so many points it's great, though a little bit unexpected to me. Taylor really had a great 'comeback' last year after the "Reputation" era, still playing the album a lot these days. Also good to see Lana so high!

Great countdown as usual!
                                        Just for fun, I applied my new approach to the 2019 list and it did result in some significant changes, but Ari's still #1. I might post the 'alternative' list when I get in from work and have access to my personal laptop.

Yeah, honestly, I think my Carrie concert experience eclipsed even my Céline experience and Céline's a high standard to match, much less surpass! Hopefully, she comes near to you sometime soon.

Happy that you're pleased with the top three. Many thanks for following!

I don't know if I agree about CRJ releasing infrequently, she did Side B after emotion and many singles from this record!

Ru has a new album out today so I expect her in your next year end chart.

Got it wrong with Taylor, understand why though, Ariana for the last couple of years has been a background buzz to me just constantly releasing singles!
                                        And we do both love "Cry" from Side B! Still, I like when acts release new albums every other year. Taylor kept that pattern going for most of the decade and I really appreciated it.

We'll see!

Aw, she's released some epic songs the past few years. #Justice4ArionYourPlaylists

Originally posted by sergejdordij98 View Post
                                        Hi there!
                                        Really like seeing The Weeknd, Ava Max, Billie Eilish, Megan Thee Stallion, MNEK, Lil Nas X, Carly Rae Jepsen, P!nk, Beyoncé and Taylor on there!
                                        Great countdown!
                                        Thanks! Glad you enjoy so many!

Originally posted by LOVE+FEAR View Post
                                        Taylor <3
                                        A superstar!

Comment

Working...
                                        X