• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why you're lookin' like that
    I'm burning like fire
    I wanna be higher

10 Inna - Amazing

Sensual, summery romanian sounds. I never was quite head over heels for this song, the fact that I still play it regularly though, ensured a high placing on this list.

Comment

All of my summers
      I will wait for you to come

09 Nicko - Last summer

Copying the romanian sound, this is Nicko, the same guy as #13 with his international moniker. This song was practically everywhere last summer, so the two available options were either to hate it or to love it. Guess what I did.

Comment

And while our blood's still young
        It's so young
        It runs
        And we won't stop until it's over
        Won't stop to surrender

08 The Temper trap - Sweet disposition

I remember watching (500) days of Summer sometime in 2009 and downloading the soundtrack immediately afterwards, solely to find this particular song, but if the radio hadn't picked it up in 2010, I would't have ended up liking it so much. Funnily, I haven't seen the video for it yet.

Comment

I love to be alive
          but I was not afraid to die

07 Dido - Everything to lose

Away from her trademark soppy ballads and backed with an amazing beat and riff, the Dido I used to love made a very welcome return in 2010 - albeit with hardly any promotion at all. Apparently there's no official video for this lovely song either.

Comment

A little surprised to see Inna so high. I suppose it's an OK track, but I've never been particularly swayed by any of her stuff.

And I thought I did recognise "Nicko" from his forearm tattoo from a previous video in this countdown...

Originally posted by Grybop
            (re: Sweet Disposition) Funnily, I haven't seen the video for it yet.
            Which one? They've made 3 so far, at the last count! (Seriously!)

Dido - why did I let that one get past me?

Comment

10 Inna - Amazing
              08 The Temper trap - Sweet disposition
              07 Dido - Everything to lose

Those are nice
              These foolish games are tearing me apart

My CHART

Comment

Originally posted by irishguy28

Originally posted by Grybop
                (re: Sweet Disposition) Funnily, I haven't seen the video for it yet.
                Which one? They've made 3 so far, at the last count! (Seriously!)
                Yeah, I was going to post the same thing!

'Sweet Disposition' took a while to appeal to me, but now I find it entrancing!

Dido - great!
                Inna - average, I prefer 'Hot' & 'Love'

Nicko - fantastic discovery!

Comment

Quite like Inna but that Temper Trap song is such a lovely song. Glad to see it in you chart!
                  Ste's Personal Chart 2020

Comment

I have a Romanian friend in my flat and he plays the absolute crap out all of all Inna songs so I am a fan of her stuff!
                    And of course I love The Temper Trap!

Comment

Nicko - meh I'm don't like that kind of men, I am still far away from look like that :evil: :evil: :evil:

Dido and Kesha - great!!
                      KUBA'S CHART

Comment

When you say Kesha you mean....Inna?

Comment

ooopse'y.... sorry George..
                          KUBA'S CHART

Comment

I've been running the same countdown on Facebook and it's one or two songs ahead, so Kuba did mean Kesha indeed.

Comment

Now the party don't start
                              'til I walk in

06 Ke$ha - Tik tok

Always seemingly drunk and tipsy Ke$ha has released a number of catchy pop gems by now, almost all of which I played a lot during the past 12 months. Tik tok served as an accurate introduction to her sound, while a hilarious parody proved to be even more successful on YT than the original thing.

Comment

Nos vacances au soleil sous les UVB dans un institut de beauté, notre superbe voilier, qui a jamais vu la mer, nos lits improvisés, sur un morceau de moquette, les discussions de fin de soirées chez les copains. Oh oui, parlons en des copains. Pour foutre la merde, ils sont champions!

05 Jakie Quartz - Mise au point

Random oldie time then, and this time it comes from the french 80s. First time I heard Mise au Point was on some internet radio broadcast and I was instantly hooked. I also found a bit of myself and my ways of thinking in 2010 in some of the trivial lyrics as well. Then I saw the video and half the magic was gone.

Comment

Click-click!
                                  SNAP!

04 Taio Cruz feat. Ke$ha - Dirty picture (RedTop remix) / (Cookie Monsta Vocal mix)

Two very different remixes here, equally awesome in their own right. RedTop's club-friendly sped-up version on one hand, Cookie Monsta's breakthrough dubstep mix on the other. And what the hell were they thinking placing Ke$ha atop a dirty toilet for the video!?

Comment

06 Ke$ha - Tik tok

She does seem constantly high doesn't she
                                    These foolish games are tearing me apart

My CHART

Comment

Kesha is ace!
                                      Great to see people with top taste like you and Dustin liking catchy songs like hers instead of being snobs!
                                      I need to listen to that 80s French track, that is my decade
                                      Temper Trap and Tik Tok are my favs in your chart, but then I nh most...
                                      Let's have a second referendum

Comment

Oh Taio Cruz and Ke$ha - really good!

Comment

Oh my - it's a Ke$ha takeover!!!

Jakie Quartz? Very interesting! I'll take that nuit kitschissime show, and leave you to your nuit Ke$hissime ;-)

(Actually, that Red Top Remix isn't half bad).

Comment

Woo for all the Ke$ha loving!

Comment

Speechless
                                              I feel as if I'm lifeless
                                              I feel I couldn't care less
                                              Without you around

03 Aeroplane feat. Kathy Diamond - Whispers

Top-notch production by Belgium's Aeroplane. The almost eerie sounding introductive bassline sets the mood perfectly, then gives way for other interweaved basslines, the song gets lighter, the lyrics don't and then the first bassline kicks slowly back in again, just to remind us that it may be disco, but- no, this is not a happy song.

Comment

Good to see Tik Tok in your Top 10 :-)
                                                My Hot 20 Of The Week

My Twitter

Comment

Sorry but i hate Tik Tok and Dirty Picture - i don't mind some of her songs, though.

Temper Trap good, Dido excellent, Jakie Quartz - not really buy you got me looking up her minor UK hit which is great: A La Vie, A L'Amour

Aeroplane is good.

What's your Facebook page? And Kuba, too.
                                                  Tony's Charts ft Hits / Albums (1st August 20) - Black Honey, Sylvan Esso, Flock Of Dimes, Zella Day, Tate McRae, Hurts, Wye Oak, Shlohmo, Sody and Cavetown, Billie Eilish, Kate Rusby, Tim Arnold, Taylor Swift, The Naked and Famous, John Foxx and The Maths, Clan Of Xymox, Dolly Parton, Jessy Lanza, Seasick Steve...

Comment

I'll join all Kesha lovers! Not that I'd like herself that much but "Tik Tok" is fantastic, I'd place it very very high in my own chart.

Amazing to see "Telephone" here, one of my big faves from last year too. Inna as well!
                                                    Never gonna give it up,
                                                    I never wanna stop...

Comment

^^Woo, cheers Jasmine!
                                                      Originally posted by Blondini

Temper Trap good, Dido excellent, Jakie Quartz - not really buy you got me looking up her minor UK hit which is great: A La Vie, A L'Amour
                                                      I was watching that yesterday, catchy tune. Surprised to see it reached #55 in the UK!

Comment

Looking over my shoulder
                                                        to see whether you have followed or not

02 Claire Tchaikowski - Undone (3artes remix)

An enormous "thank you" to Neil for this amazing song. 3artes did a fantastic job transforming the original version into a dance triumph, while at the same time leaving all the emotion in Claire's zestful voice intact!

Comment

I want a daughter while I'm still young
                                                          I want to hold her hand
                                                          Show her some beauty
                                                          Before this damage is done

01 Arcade fire - The suburbs

A song that managed to capture all the anguish of those who've seen the dreams they had as teenagers shatter, who've realized it won't be them who'll change the world, who've seen time leave its mark on their faces, but still have faith in themselves. All that, wrapped up in epic instrumentation and hair-raising vocals. The video failed to capture any of that - shame for such a big, big song, in every sense of the word.

Comment

Wow, unexpected but brilliant song! Just bought the album a couple of days ago.

Comment

I knew you liked "Undone", but I had no idea you liked it that much - wow!

I'm sorry to say that Arcade Fire has never appealed to me to the same extent.

Comment

Working...
                                                              X