Clear All

Woo for all the Ke$ha loving!

Comment

Speechless
      I feel as if I'm lifeless
      I feel I couldn't care less
      Without you around

03 Aeroplane feat. Kathy Diamond - Whispers

Top-notch production by Belgium's Aeroplane. The almost eerie sounding introductive bassline sets the mood perfectly, then gives way for other interweaved basslines, the song gets lighter, the lyrics don't and then the first bassline kicks slowly back in again, just to remind us that it may be disco, but- no, this is not a happy song.

Comment

Good to see Tik Tok in your Top 10 :-)
        My Hot 20 Of The Week

My Twitter

Comment

Sorry but i hate Tik Tok and Dirty Picture - i don't mind some of her songs, though.

Temper Trap good, Dido excellent, Jakie Quartz - not really buy you got me looking up her minor UK hit which is great: A La Vie, A L'Amour

Aeroplane is good.

What's your Facebook page? And Kuba, too.
          Tony's Charts ft Hits / Albums (23rd May 20) - Camden Cox, Cigarettes After Sex, Cam, Leftwing:Kody, Zella Day, Janet Devlin, Empathy Test, Dagny, Steve Earle and The Dukes, Badly Drawn Boy, Josh Garrels, Owen Pallett, Tim Burgess

Comment

I'll join all Kesha lovers! Not that I'd like herself that much but "Tik Tok" is fantastic, I'd place it very very high in my own chart.

Amazing to see "Telephone" here, one of my big faves from last year too. Inna as well!
            Never gonna give it up,
            I never wanna stop...

Comment

^^Woo, cheers Jasmine!
              Originally posted by Blondini

Temper Trap good, Dido excellent, Jakie Quartz - not really buy you got me looking up her minor UK hit which is great: A La Vie, A L'Amour
              I was watching that yesterday, catchy tune. Surprised to see it reached #55 in the UK!

Comment

Looking over my shoulder
                to see whether you have followed or not

02 Claire Tchaikowski - Undone (3artes remix)

An enormous "thank you" to Neil for this amazing song. 3artes did a fantastic job transforming the original version into a dance triumph, while at the same time leaving all the emotion in Claire's zestful voice intact!

Comment

I want a daughter while I'm still young
                  I want to hold her hand
                  Show her some beauty
                  Before this damage is done

01 Arcade fire - The suburbs

A song that managed to capture all the anguish of those who've seen the dreams they had as teenagers shatter, who've realized it won't be them who'll change the world, who've seen time leave its mark on their faces, but still have faith in themselves. All that, wrapped up in epic instrumentation and hair-raising vocals. The video failed to capture any of that - shame for such a big, big song, in every sense of the word.

Comment

Wow, unexpected but brilliant song! Just bought the album a couple of days ago.
                    Ste's Personal Chart 2020

Comment

I knew you liked "Undone", but I had no idea you liked it that much - wow!

I'm sorry to say that Arcade Fire has never appealed to me to the same extent.

Comment

Arcade Fire is good but not a patch on previous singles/ albums. Claire is good.
                        Tony's Charts ft Hits / Albums (23rd May 20) - Camden Cox, Cigarettes After Sex, Cam, Leftwing:Kody, Zella Day, Janet Devlin, Empathy Test, Dagny, Steve Earle and The Dukes, Badly Drawn Boy, Josh Garrels, Owen Pallett, Tim Burgess

Comment

Yay, we all agree Kesha's a genius will comment on your top 3 when I listen to them!

Comment

LOVE LOVE your #1

Comment

Originally posted by jlo17
                              Yay, we all agree Kesha's a genius
                              All except me!

Comment

Didn't expect to see the Ke$ha tracks! Woop

Comment

fantastic #2. Dunno #1, yet!
                                  KUBA'S CHART

Comment

I know of Arcade Fire but I couldn't name you any of their hits. Radio 1 play them alot however and so I checked out the video and rather like your #1!!

Comment

Originally posted by irishguy28
                                      Originally posted by jlo17
                                      Yay, we all agree Kesha's a genius
                                      All except me!
                                      and me.

Comment

#3 - was gonna highlight the disco influences in the song, which are what struck me in the first place, and then I read your review. I need to find a shorter version to judge it in full though, as I tend to lose interest in dance songs if they're too long for my likings

#1 - haven't liked anything from Arcade Fire since 'No Cars Go', probably because most of their stuff isn't instantly accessible. This one is nice but on first listen it didn't hit me, as usual. Will try to give it more chances.

Comment

^^What about #2 ?

OK, finishing this up, I'm posting my ~50 most played songs in 2010 according to LastFm - note that, due to a misspelt tag, the #1 is actually Claire Tchaikowski:

Thanks for all the comments once again!

Comment

I hate incorrect spellings on last.fm (and especially when you get people tagging what I consider to be the "correct" spelling - i.e. the spelling used on iTunes or 7Digital - to be incorrect!).

Dennis Ferrer's "Hey Hey" is a good track - and was absent from this rundown, I believe?

By the looks of things - you didn't do much scrobbling in 2010.

You should try and get past Ellie Goulding's "Under The Sheets" - I know you said you liked it, and I believe it's Blondini's favourite from her, but in my opinion there are far far better tracks on the album.

Comment

I know, in fact I'm downloading her other singles right now. And no, I didn't do much scrobbling in 2010, at least not new songs anyway. Our compatibility still shows as "very high" by the way!

Comment

Oh - I don't trust computer dating, Grybop...

Comment

:(

Comment

Originally posted by irishguy28

You should try and get past Ellie Goulding's "Under The Sheets" - I know you said you liked it, and I believe it's Blondini's favourite from her, but in my opinion there are far far better tracks on the album.
                                                    Fave single, not fave track. Find out what is pretty soon!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X