Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veep

Originally posted by HBO
    Former Senator Selina Meyer has accepted the call to serve as Vice President of the United States. The job is nothing like she imagined and everything she was warned about. 'Veep' follows Meyer and her staff as they attempt to make their mark and leave a lasting legacy, without getting tripped up in the day-to-day political games that define Washington.
    Just finished the 1st season and i love it! JLD absolutely shines in this and deserves all the acclaim she's getting imo. Anyone else here watches this?
    Eh, mam!
    Me quiero matar
    El mundo se va a la mierda
    Y no he hecho nada

I saw most of season two on tv when it was airing last year, I found it funny, but didn't stick with me enough to download the episodes that I missed, or watch the following seaosn
    I'm the terminator, bitch talk slick, I'm a have to terminate her \_(?)_/

Comment

Is this any good? I always wondered, I might watch it if y'all thinks it's worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLamb
        Is this any good? I always wondered, I might watch it if y'all thinks it's worth it.
        Yes it's very good! I'd say it's kinda comparable to Parks & Rec.
        Eh, mam!
        Me quiero matar
        El mundo se va a la mierda
        Y no he hecho nada

Comment

Just discovered this a few weeks ago and I ran through the four seasons. It's so hilarious! Julia Louis-Dreyfus is remarkable as Selina! She's a riot.
          Akini's Top 400 Songs of the Decade: [120-116]

Comment

"Oh, sweetie, it's Yemen."

This came back all guns blazing. Comedy at its finest.

Comment

One of the best shows on television!!!!

Comment

Solid return last night. I'm really happy to see how the show functions with Selina out of office.

Comment

Hilarious episode tonight!

Comment

It's far from being the best thing in Armando Ianucci's career, but it is still quality
                    Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

I think I'd like this, but I won't bother until it's on Netflix or Amazon Prime.

Comment

Ive just finished binging S5, brilliant season. Im very dubious as to how the show intends to continue without Selina in the White House. I adored that Sue was the only one who kept her job, rightly so!

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan
                          Ive just finished binging S5, brilliant season. Im very dubious as to how the show intends to continue without Selina in the White House. I adored that Sue was the only one who kept her job, rightly so!
                          As was I, but there's no reason to be!

Comment

Just finished S6. I found it still as funny as ever, despite the characters being split up quite a bit.

I did notice that Selina seemed much more unlikeable in this season, I know shes like that normally but it seemed worse. Especially the way she treated Catherine. I think Marjorie became my favourite character as Sue has gone.

Comment

It's hard to believe that both this and Game of Thrones are coming to an end in a few months.

Comment

Awww I’ll miss the show but at least they’re ending it at a right time, hopefully Sue will be back. I may need to do a rewatch at some point.

Comment

Terrific season premiere!

Comment

This is that show I always find on planes so I binge 6 episodes from random seasons at a time. Wish Netflix had it.

It is brilliant though. So well written, so incredibly played out by the cast.

Croissant/dildo comparison = genius.
                                    Baaaaad relationship??
                                    The lyric video for my new single TRIP THE ALARM here!

♬ Keen addictions, between afflictions, I guess I had it coming...

Comment

Easily one of the funniest comedy shows of all time. Glad to finally have it back. Can't wait to see how they end it. Can Selina have a happy end? She doesn't deserve it, event though I still root for her.
                                      I have received many gifts from God,
                                      but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

Originally posted by beredy View Post
                                        Easily one of the funniest comedy shows of all time. Glad to finally have it back. Can't wait to see how they end it. Can Selina have a happy end? She doesn't deserve it, even though I still root for her.
                                        Same! Good episode last week.

Comment

Awesome episode last night! I didn't see Selina/Dan coming, but it went as quickly as it came.

Comment

Ugh. This is coming to an end too fast. Just two more episodes and that's it! Will rewatch it over the summer.

Comment

Didn't expect them to kill off Andrew last week. That was a pleasant surprise; he was even worse than Selina.

Comment

That finale was as perfect as finales can get. It tied up everything. The scene when Selina is in the Oval Office and she gets left alone with everything she ever wanted and then you see the doubt on her face but the phone rings and she has no other option but she puts smile on her face and pretends it has been all worth it - masterclass performance by JLD.

I'd been happy if the last scene was Gary. Devastatingly beautiful moment. It actually made me tear up a bit. But it makes perfect sense that she gets outstaged even in death by someone else so still a perfect ending.

Comment

Flawless series finale! From the tussle with Tom Jones for the nomination, to her sacrificing Gary as the Meyer Fund scapegoat and essentially selling her soul (and marriage equality) to secure delegates, to her being saddled with Jonah as her veep, finally getting what she wanted, having an unremarkable run as president, and getting her funeral upstaged by a more beloved public figure. I guess it's safe to say Selina got exactly what she desired and deserved.

Sue returning was a wonderful surprise, and Richard becoming president and a Noble Prize winner was hilarious and as ridiculous an end as I would have expected.

What a wonderful way to close a brilliant chapter in television. Wish some other HBO writers had taken a page from the Veep playbook.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X