Eurovision Song Contest 2021 - Rotterdam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eurovision Song Contest 2021 - Rotterdam

The City council of Rotterdam just approved the funding of Eurovision and it announced that they would like to host Eurovision 2021.
    https://www.nu.nl/songfestival/60464...qzhcyhUD5T3zVE

DATES:
    18th May - First Semi Final
    20th May - Second Semi Final
    22th May - Grand Final

List of participants/Entries:

Australia | Montagine
    Austria | Vincent Bueno
    Azerbaijan | Efendi
    Belgium | Hooverphonic
    Bulgaria | Victoria
    Czech Republic | Benny Cristo
    Denmark
    Estonia
    Finland
    Georgia | Tornike Kipiani
    Greece | Stefania
    Ireland
    Israel | Eden Alene
    Latvia | Samanta Tina
    Lithuania
    Malta | Destiny
    The Netherlands | Jeangu Macrooy
    Norway
    Romania | Roxen
    San Marino | Senhit
    Slovenia | Ana Soklič
    Spain | Blas Cantó
    Sweden
    Switzerland | Gjon's Tears
    Ukraine | Go_A

(last updated on 19.05.2020)
    Last edited by Mainshow; Tue June 16, 2020, 09:38.
    Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

During "Europe Shine A Light", this touching announcement video got aired: Rotterdam's Ahoy Arena will indeed host Eurovision 2021.

Comment

Despite rumours of Andorra coming back, the country have already announced that there is no interest to participate & that the country will also be absent from 2021.

source: escxtra.com

Comment

As National pre-selections fan I really dislike so much comebacks from 2020 line-up.
        My celebrity crushes : Monika Sedziuviene, Kristina Ivanova (YVA).
        In my head I like to imagine LastDreamer in the land of Lithuania right now with a suitcase of simcards, a box of chocolates and a wedding ring. It would be a great base for an epic Eurovision fan fiction.

Comment

Did the UK confirm if James Newman was coming back? Hope not.

Comment

Originally posted by Thriller View Post
            Did the UK confirm if James Newman was coming back? Hope not.
            No, the BBC hasn't confirmed anything yet.

Comment

The dates for Eurovision 2021 got announced yesterday!

18th May - First Semi Final
              20th May - Second Semi Final
              22th May - Grand Final

Start the clock! The countdown to the Eurovision Song Contest 2021 has officially begun. The EBU and host broadcasters NPO, NOS and AVROTROS have confirmed that the two Semi-Finals will take place on 18 May and 20 May and the Grand Final on 22 May, 2021. The dates for next year’s Contest were announced at Ahoy in Rotterdam, the venue for next year’s show. - If you want to know more about the Eurovision Song Contest, visit https://eurovision.tv
              Apparently, they couldn't find another date. It's quite a "problem" right now because it collides with the date of the German football league's final. However, the German broadcaster is in talks with the football guys in charge to ask for another date (both events are the most watched programmes on our channel ARD).

+ It has already been said that they will use the already built stage of 2020 for the 2021 event!

Comment

Croatian broadcaster HRT booked the venue for the Dora 2021 pre-selestion, which means that this year's Damir Keždo will probably not represent Croatia next year. But if he's competing again I can see Croatian people voting for him no matter how good his song is (he's been producing borefests his whole career aynway) as a sympathy vote.
                I have received many gifts from God,
                but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

Originally posted by beredy View Post
                  Croatian broadcaster HRT booked the venue for the Dora 2021 pre-selestion, which means that this year's Damir Keždo will probably not represent Croatia next year. But if he's competing again I can see Croatian people voting for him no matter how good his song is (he's been producing borefests his whole career aynway) as a sympathy vote.
                  Oh, that's sad news. I actually love his voice and I was happy to hear Croatian in Eurovision again.
                  The last Croatian entries have not been my cup of tea (2016 as an exception).
                  I think it's unfair to the artists to not ask them to represent the country in 2021 but I can understand that countries with a "national final culture" don't want to ditch the opportunity to come up with a well-received show.

Damir has a wonderful voice and a lot of charisma on stage. His vocals were also impressive. I would love to see him in Eurovision soon HOWEVER he should never come up with such a trashy revamp again.. Also, I would have loved to get more Croatian drama like 2009 - OR getting something like Montenegro 2014... I actually believe that he's got the power to bring Croatia back to the final.

Comment

Tom Leeb will NOT represent France next year. Apparently, he has "other things scheduled around May 2021" - France will go back to hosting a preselection! - I really do hope that we will hear something authentic and genuine again! - Tom's a skilled singer-songwriter but what the French delegation did to him (getting rid off all his artistic integritiy) is unforgivable! No more cashed-in Swedish trash for France, pls!

So far, Estonia, Sweden, Norway, Finland, France, Cyprus, Croatia, Denmark, Lithuania will send different artists to Eurovision!
                    Last edited by Mainshow; Sun June 28, 2020, 13:50.

Comment

Yesterday the EBU announced the participating countries of Eurovision 2021 - 41 countries will take part and they remain the same.

​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Mainshow View Post
                        Yesterday the EBU announced the participating countries of Eurovision 2021 - 41 countries will take part and they remain the same.

​​​​​​
                        It's really great news, but I'm quite surprised as there are a handful of countries we hadn't heard any confirmation for previously.
                        1 Becky Hill |2 Jamie Cullum |3 Jennifer Hudson|4 Harry Styles |5 Celeste

Comment

Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post

It's really great news, but I'm quite surprised as there are a handful of countries we hadn't heard any confirmation for previously.
                          Same here - wasn't the UK even one of them? - Also, I expected Armenia and Belarus to withdraw after facing a war or mass protests.

It will be interesting to see if the semi allocation draw remains the same.

Comment

ALBANIA just released its preselection/national final songs today & Ben Dolic announced that he WILL NOT REPRESENT GERMANYnext year!

Comment

One of the potential songs for Bulgaria

I actually like the concept of releasing a few tracks as proper singles and chose the official entry based on the reception/response.

I have been a huge fan of "Tears Getting Sober" and thus, I didn't think that it would be possible for Bulgaria to top that but here we are... A well-produced, eerie and mesmerising bop which sounds totally contemporary and current.

​​​​​​

I'm perched for her other possible entries. She's clearly one of my favourites by now.

Comment

Bulgaria Eilish.

Comment

Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                                  Bulgaria Eilish.
                                  Yep, whatever she tries her voice still sounds like Billie Eilish. It's gonna be interesting to see her splitting the cake with Roxen from Romania.
                                  Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

Working...
                                  X