No announcement yet.

Eurovision Song Contest 2021 - Rotterdam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New version of Ukraine is even more of a mess than the original, if that’s at all possible.
    1 Coldplay |2 Krystal Klear|3 Yola|4 Sigrid |5 pnau

Comment

• I loved the original... thes should've just shorten it up, not change the lyrics. I've predicted them top 10 but w this new version they lost me, but that instrumental is amazing
      BEST SONGS&ALBUMS OF 2017
      YOURS, FOREVER. // JOSS JONES (Tracklist)

Comment

• Originally posted by croatiaxtina View Post
        I loved the original... thes should've just shorten it up, not change the lyrics. I've predicted them top 10 but w this new version they lost me, but that instrumental is amazing
        I guess they didn't want the plagiarism accusations (the original version wasn't intended to be a ESC entry)
        Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• In case Flo Rida won't be available for the show, there's another San Marino legend waiting in line

Ne me cherche pas, je ne suis plus là, baby

Comment

• I prefer the original Ukrainian entry too, but the new version isn't bad!

Comment

• Five hours until the Swiss entry will be revealed! Really excited, loved "Répondez-moi" last year and it would be fantastic if Switzerland can get another successful entry following Luca's success in 2019

Comment

• The other “Amen”, cheesy and pretty poor annunciation.

Comment

• First impression: It's good, but "Répondez-moi" immediately moved me while this doesn't. Not even sure anymore if this will make the finals now because it's Switzerland after all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post

First impression: It's good, but "Répondez-moi" immediately moved me while this doesn't. Not even sure anymore if this will make the finals now because it's Switzerland after all.
                    It's like "Répondez-moi" 2.0, yet more adjusted to the Eurovision playbook. Well-produced, Gjon's odds have seriously improved actually

Comment

• This is so schmaltzy, dated and tryhard. If mansplaining was a Eurovision song. I wanna rate it lower than all the rest, even the most questionable entry.

Comment

• ^ Guess I need to listen to it a few times so it clicks with me.

But Switzerland just rose to #4 in the betting odds

Comment

• Originally posted by heppolo View Post

I guess they didn't want the plagiarism accusations (the original version wasn't intended to be a ESC entry)
                          What's the plagiarism accusations? I checked the original and i prefer that, too. Says on Wiki that they had troubled cutting down the first version to 3 minutes so made a "sequel" instead. Are they both about smoking hemp? Second vid is eyecatching. Estonia and Switzerland have very good videos. I might end up charting both but not yet.
                          Don't bother updating your signature if it's a link. It takes you to completely random pages!!!!

Comment

• James Newman's UK song is called Embers (another cheery one, then? ) - out in the morning. Radio 2 9:30 am again.
                            Don't bother updating your signature if it's a link. It takes you to completely random pages!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Blondini View Post

What's the plagiarism accusations? I checked the original and i prefer that, too. Says on Wiki that they had troubled cutting down the first version to 3 minutes so made a "sequel" instead. Are they both about smoking hemp? Second vid is eyecatching. Estonia and Switzerland have very good videos. I might end up charting both but not yet.
                              The first one featured a folk chant rediscovered by Kateryna, the singer (albeit not copyrighted by anyone). Kateryna is working with a folk choir of elders and does the professional research in folk music. The original version wasn't intended to be in the National Final, but the overwhelming reaction from the public & jury pressured them to agree on that option which they later had to revamp.

Comment

• Switzerland is absolutely beautiful as expected. Something
                                about his voice just makes you forget everything else around you. Definitely likely to finish high.

Comment

• I like this a lot more than Repondez-Moi, it's pretty good!
                                  Every year, just when I'm about to start thinking the year is going to be terrible, suddenly the good entries begin popping up

Comment

• Greece, much better than her song last year but great potential for some Iceland 2015 vocals.

Comment

• Bulgaria.

Like last years, this is absolutely stunning. Perfect vocal, beautiful production. She's released a few tracks I haven't been bothered for in the last year, so I'm really pleased to hear this.

Comment

• Nice new entries. Italy is still my favourite, though.
                                        Last edited by Bojan; Thu March 11, 2021, 00:59.
                                        Gone.

Comment

• Bulgaria and Switzerland really said we're not gonna waste time trying something new and basically gave us the updates on their 2020 entries.

Comment

• Originally posted by heppolo View Post
                                            Bulgaria and Switzerland really said we're not gonna waste time trying something new and basically gave us the updates on their 2020 entries.
                                            Not a problem, most people will not have heard last years entries. It’s kind of fitting to update last years entries I think.

Comment

• It's kinda smart tbh, if you know the response was good for your last entry, just change it up a little and you're good big brain time

Comment

• Originally posted by flopho View Post
                                                In case Flo Rida won't be available for the show, there's another San Marino legend waiting in line
                                                Omg

Comment

• Wait, the Greek entry is soooo good!

I enjoyed her song last year, but this has really taken it up a notch IMO.

Comment

• Switzerland is #1 in the betting odds!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X