Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by heppolo View Post

Imagine if there's a mystery and at the last minute we have Serhat instead
    She should try and get Fat Usher from Rebecca Blacks Friday.
    1 Coldplay |2 Krystal Klear|3 Yola|4 Sigrid |5 pnau

Comment

• Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post

She should try and get Fat Usher from Rebecca Blacks Friday.
      but it isn't going to give her the all-important Turkish diaspora vote
      Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Still hoping Jenny B will show up as Flo Rida's replacement
        I'm not too crazy about SMR but I'd totally vote for their entry three or four times if they'd do that
        Ne me cherche pas, je ne suis plus là, baby

Comment

Set Me Free has grown on me a lot too, I think because she’s so young it has a real sense of fun that other upbeat tracks don’t have, she could do well like Laura Tesoro did for Belgium a few years back when that was also slept on.
          That's a good comparison actually. I just feel that this year has more uptempos that could overshadow Set Me Free. It depends on the staging, because that's what elevated Belgium in 2016.

Comment

but it isn't going to give her the all-important Turkish diaspora vote
            to be honest, i think it's a myth. Turkish diaspora didn't help Serhat in 2019.... he scored very low (came last or almost last) in countries with big Turkish communities like Germany, France, Netherlands, Austria, Switzerland etc lol. I think it's a bit weird that almost all of his televoting points came from eastern countries with low participation in televoting.... it's either suspicious or they just like this type of music and performance.

Comment

Senhit has said that "of course" Flo Rida will appear at Eurovision if travel restrictions permit it.... though apparently he is not listed with the EBU as a performer and no word from him yet....let's see
              this is so weird lol at the moment i think it's a PR trick to climb up in the betting odds and get more free promotion. I just find it so random to have Flo Rida accept to be on ESC stage for... San Marino. Unless they promised him a large cheque? lol. Senhit and her team are very smart for sure (with a big budget ha!)

Comment

• The weird thing is... do we think so little of our European artists, that it’s supposedly a big deal that an American rapper who has been irrelevant for the best part of a decade may appear

Comment

• edit
                  Last edited by flopho; Mon March 22, 2021, 01:06.

Comment

• Wait she posted this today?? I would have thought she’d be keeping her head down while she’s already got a petition started up against her. Mess.

Comment

• I don't think this was posted today, but it shows her extreme ignorance regardless.

edit: I removed it cause it's not 100% sure if it was really from her account (even though efendi_music is her insta or not?) but I dont wanna spread fake images so I'm just hoping that it's fake...
                      Last edited by flopho; Mon March 22, 2021, 01:07.

Comment

• Originally posted by greek_boy View Post

to be honest, i think it's a myth. Turkish diaspora didn't help Serhat in 2019.... he scored very low (came last or almost last) in countries with big Turkish communities like Germany, France, Netherlands, Austria, Switzerland etc lol. I think it's a bit weird that almost all of his televoting points came from eastern countries with low participation in televoting.... it's either suspicious or they just like this type of music and performance.
                        It's almost a myth.
                        Albania & Azerbaijan (good connections with Turkey) gave him 10 televote pts each though, a ton of points came from Eastern Europe where boomers vote for ESC songs and they just love the retro music.

Comment

The weird thing is... do we think so little of our European artists, that it’s supposedly a big deal that an American rapper who has been irrelevant for the best part of a decade may appear
                          It can all go the Darude/Finland'2019 way a.k.a. a major flop.

Comment

• "Je me casse" is finally out now on iTunes & all streaming services!

Je me casse on iTunes
                            #1 Malta
                            #4 Finland
                            #11 Sweden
                            #65 Belgium
                            #70 Netherlands
                            #74 Austria
                            #186 United Kingdom
                            #298 Germany

That's a great performance so far

Malta also just surpassed Switzerland to become first in the betting odds with 16% - Switzerland currently has a winning chance of 15%.

Comment

• I really like "Technicolour" now, I hope juries are going to give it a lifeline.

Comment

• I think Australia won't go to finale this time...

I looove the song, it's in my top 3. But I can't see how it will appeal to jury and public votes... it's the most different song we had on esc.

Fingers crossed anyways for Montaigne.

And I don't understand all the hype around Malta. Yeah, she's a good singer... but the song is nothing wow.

So far I love:
                                Switterland
                                Australia
                                Bulgaria
                                Romania
                                Belgium
                                France
                                Italy
                                Finland

even Ukraine, tho I loved 1st version much better

and Czech Republic is fine, I like that guy. He looks very unbothered and like he smokes a lot of weed, and he's super cute.

Iceland is fine also, but I liked much more last year entry.

Cyprus is my guilty pleasure, but I listen Bad Romamce vs El Diablo version on yt mostly

I wish Sweden stays in semi 1. That song is so generic and bad for Swedish standards.

At the end everything depends now on staging. Especially in semi 1. We're going to lose a lot of gr8 songs that deserves their spot on finale.
                                BEST SONGS&ALBUMS OF 2017
                                YOURS, FOREVER. // JOSS JONES (Tracklist)

Comment

• The interesting thing about the ESC is that's its winner must appeal to all generations, be visual, For instance An act that broke that mold was Lordi from Finland all those years ago, the song wasn't great but visually they smashed it.
                                  This year its all very much the same or to way out. ie Italy and Finland ( again ) these 2 are brave to send something that's not of the usual formula. Yes Malta is very safe and will pick up loads of votes, ( its still my favorite ), but is a great track..no....
                                  Lithuania has potential to surprise, its only downfall is that its been around for months already and probably over heard, its will pick up votes steadily...
                                  Greece , Cyprus, alas same old formula again, good enough, but......
                                  France Dated, UK, unliked however good it may be, we all know the UK is politically out cast....so will again fail to pick up many votes...
                                  Germany, could surprise us as a novelty act ( i doubt it )..
                                  Switzerland, Bulgaria, to beige.. soooo boring.....
                                  I guess I could go on and on, so this year may be wide open or I'm becoming to cynical.. after all there WILL be a winner...

When was the last time you could (Hum) the winner after 2 weeks .... Loreen ??
                                  Last edited by Foeverfan; Tue March 23, 2021, 13:51.

Comment

• Revamp coming for Israel, hope they don’t mess about with it too much. Keep it simple, no big key changes please.

Comment

Senhit has said that "of course" Flo Rida will appear at Eurovision if travel restrictions permit it.... though apparently he is not listed with the EBU as a performer and no word from him yet....let's see
                                      woow.. Seems like an international Artist appearing has kind of started becomming a norm.. ESC medley show?

Comment

The weird thing is... do we think so little of our European artists, that it’s supposedly a big deal that an American rapper who has been irrelevant for the best part of a decade may appear
                                        hahahahaha Perhaps San Marino national TV thinks so. I would find more interesting if countries like.. Albania would ask for Bebe Rexha/ Rita Ora/ Dua Lipa to represent them. Romania with Alexandra Stan, Sweeden with Tove Lo and so on..

Comment

I really like "Technicolour" now, I hope juries are going to give it a lifeline.
                                          Dear lord yes !!! I can't have enough of it!!

Comment

• Originally posted by croatiaxtina View Post

I wish Sweden stays in semi 1. That song is so generic and bad for Swedish standards.

Thank you !!!!!

Comment

• ESC2021 YT channel top 10 update:
                                              1. Serbia 5.58 mln +1.08mln
                                              2. Russia 5.47 mln. +1.37mln
                                              3. Croatia 2.17 mln. +170k - music video 534k +154k
                                              4. Ukraine 1.91 mln +411k
                                              5 (NE) Azerbaijan 1.67mln (NE)
                                              6. Switzerland 1.52 mln +429k
                                              7. (NE) Malta 1.40 mln (NE)
                                              8. (-3) Lithuania 1.30 mln +100k
                                              9. (-2) Finland 1.29 mln 290k
                                              10. (-2). Norway 1.23 mln. +135k

OUT Germany 1.13mln +130k
                                              OUT Moldova 1.15mln +150k

Comment

• Originally posted by ConstantinosV View Post

hahahahaha Perhaps San Marino national TV thinks so. I would find more interesting if countries like.. Albania would ask for Bebe Rexha/ Rita Ora/ Dua Lipa to represent them. Romania with Alexandra Stan, Sweeden with Tove Lo and so on..
                                                I am alright with San Marino trying something. Otherwise we'd have Valentina trying for eigth time in a row.

Comment

• Originally posted by ConstantinosV View Post

Is Alexandra Stan still relevant? Romania has selected a very talented and fresh name with a special song.

Tove Lo is free to participate in Melodifestivalen haha.

Albania unfortunately is doing this old-fashioned festival every year so no hope for any contemporary music/artist to be selected for Eurovision.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                                                    "Je me casse" is finally out now on iTunes & all streaming services!

Je me casse on iTunes
                                                    #1 Malta
                                                    #4 Finland
                                                    #11 Sweden
                                                    #65 Belgium
                                                    #70 Netherlands
                                                    #74 Austria
                                                    #186 United Kingdom
                                                    #298 Germany

That's a great performance so far

Malta also just surpassed Switzerland to become first in the betting odds with 16% - Switzerland currently has a winning chance of 15%.

I think Malta needs a great staging and if they get it, they can dream of a ESC victory this year. If they don't win this year, then i don't know when lol. it feels like a chance in every 20 years for them.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X