Eurovision Song Contest 2021 - Rotterdam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
    No Gemini but some odd fillers like Lindsay and Nicki over the more popular Precious and winners Sertab and Olsen Brothers.

Nicki is the fan favourite, i guess but they should have included Precious, Sertab and Olsen Brothers as you said.

I think Fuego should have been there too, as it's a Eurovision classic now.

Comment

• Originally posted by ConstantinosV View Post
      I've checked Spotify out of curiosity...
      Seems like central - western europe countries stream from spotify more
      Italy 17.287.040
      Sweeden 9.093.730
      Finland 4.760.943
      Norway 3.806.350
      France 2.673.198
      Lithuania 1.772.048
      Denmark 1.715.182
      Cyprus 1.660.436
      Switzerland 1.229.637
      Iceland 1.080.473
      interesting that the entries from small countries like Cyprus and Iceland have over 1million streams already

Comment

• Originally posted by ConstantinosV View Post
        and.... YouTube ESC channel streams:

1(+1) Russia 7.078.049 (+1.463.180)
        2(-1) Serbia 6.817.819 (+1.092.083)
        3. Croatia 2.285.782 (+97.750), MV 709.024 (+155.633)
        4(+3) Malta 2.787.056 (+1.253.986)
        5. Azerbaijan 2.693.792 (+913.226)
        6(-2) Ukraine 2.432.209 (+466.898)
        7(-1) Switzerland 1.907.296 (+332.425)
        8(NE) Israel 1.159.844 Revamp 610.341 NE
        9. Finland 1.552.841 (+234.889)
        10 (-2) Lthuania 1.484.430 (+161.300)

OUT Norway

Any guesses who has potential to replace Lithuania in the ranking?
        wow Russia! But the song doesn't have a lot of streams in Spotify...

How come Malta and Azerbaijan have millions of views ahead of other entries, it's like that every year lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Airwrecka View Post
          Is there a reason why there always seems to be one strong semi and one much weaker one every year? Or is it completely random?
          no, it's completely random. they just split the countries in various groups and then 2 semifinals.

Comment

• Is it possible for an example: Lithuania is opening the show and Malta is closing the show, is it possible for an example that Lithuania performs at the end of the grand finale and Malta at the begining?

Who decides about order in finals?
            BEST SONGS&ALBUMS OF 2017
            YOURS, FOREVER. // JOSS JONES (Tracklist)

Comment

• My understanding, is that the Dutch TV station that will present the show has a major say in the running order, only the Host nation, Netherlands, have a say where they perform , and they have already picked their own spot which I believe is 23/26...
              Nobody will want to go second as no one has ever won the competition from that position....

Comment

• Glennis Grace is to perform!!!!!!!!!

So happy!

My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by greek_boy View Post

How come Malta and Azerbaijan have millions of views ahead of other entries, it's like that every year lol
                  Malta buys the youtube ads just like in 2019 with "Chameleon", I keep coming across "Je Me Casse" ads when I watch other stuff
                  Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Originally posted by heppolo View Post

Malta buys the youtube ads just like in 2019 with "Chameleon", I keep coming across "Je Me Casse" ads when I watch other stuff
                    Hahaha very possible actually (i have ad-blocker so i haven't seen any of them), i remember Azerbaijan used the same tactic in the 10s.

Comment

• Originally posted by Foeverfan View Post
                      My understanding, is that the Dutch TV station that will present the show has a major say in the running order, only the Host nation, Netherlands, have a say where they perform , and they have already picked their own spot which I believe is 23/26...
                      Nobody will want to go second as no one has ever won the competition from that position....
                      That's not correct, Netherlands was drawn to perform in that spot. For obvious reasons, the host country is not allowed to determine their order of performance.

I'm curious to see if they ever give the unlucky n2 spot to any big favourites this year. They haven't done it in the past, as far as I remember. I mean imagine Portugal performing 2nd in 2017, would they have won?

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                        Glennis Grace is to perform!!!!!!!!!

So happy!
                        I'm happy for her! She's going to shine once again :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by greek_boy View Post

Spotify wasn't available in most East European countries until recently, so I guess it doesn't have many users there yet.

Gone.

Comment

• Acoustic version of "Voilą"

Comment

• ^it's really cute

Comment

• With 6 weeks to go, this is where I'm at so far this year

(will probably change with performances)

39 Latvia - This is the one I'm most likely to skip, I just don't like her voice and the song is a mess, i felt the same about her last year.
                                38 Austria - Total bore, didn't like his song last year either. This is one of those boring ones that does well with juries.
                                37 Estonia - 2 years in a row he released one of the most forgettable songs.
                                36 Georgia - Surprised that he was so offended by peoples indifference to this song, as it barely even starts, never mind goes anywhere.
                                35 Norway - Don't get the appeal in this, reminds me of when punk groups release a cheesy ballad like Blink 182,
                                34 Denmark - Old fashioned, the song is cheesy but not memorable.
                                33 Slovenia - Strong voice, but very dull song.
                                32 North Macedonia - Great voice, but this song is just for the juries, his song last year was much more interesting.
                                31 Lithuania - This ones just ok for me, kind of one trick ponies.

30 Germany - There are parts to like in this, but it sounds like a few different songs haphazardly thrown together, some are good, some are not.
                                29 Ukraine - Still really dislike this style of singing, but at least it's something interesting compared to others.
                                28 Romania - Find her song dull and not keen on her voice, was same for me last year.
                                27 Albania - I want to like this more, because parts of it are great, and her voice is typically for Albania, excellent, but there is a part that sounds identical to "Supergirl" for Greece last year and it puts me right off it.
                                26 Portugal - I don't hate this as much as others, I think it might do better than people think, I actually like his voice.
                                25 Finland - Not my kind of music, but I don't hate it, it's a bit of a throwback.
                                24 Azerbaijan - Her song last year was so much better. This doesn't have enough melody to it.
                                23 Russia - Very shouty, I think some interesting staging would benefit it.
                                22 France - Not sure why it's one of the favourites at the minute, it sounds to me like France by numbers. I don't dislike it, but I don't think it's very competitive.
                                21 Sweden - Typically Swedish. Something about him is likeable, but this is like a lot of what they've been sending lately.

20 Netherlands - A step up from last year, but still doesn't have enough peaks to it.
                                19 Moldova - Other acts are doing this a lot better this year, it's camp and I think the stage show could be very OTT which I look forward to.
                                18 Serbia - This is going to be a hot mess on stage, and I can't wait for it, the song is not my favourite but I can happily listen to it.
                                17 Poland - The song has potential, but never really gets there, could do with something to lift it somewhere, but I like the feel of it.
                                16 Malta - Sounds like Little Mix to me, much preferred her song last year, she can't really sing, won't be sad if she wins.
                                15 Czech Republic - Very radio friendly, not sure if it has the gimmick a ESC needs to stand out on stage, but Czech are bringing something relevant again.
                                14 Australia - This one is a real grower. It sounds very industrial and loud, certainly won't be for everyone but gets stuck in your head.
                                13 Greece - Very like Dua Lipa, huge improvement on last year. Not exactly unique.
                                12 Spain - Underrated. I love his voice, I don't think it is instant enough for Eurovision but it's really grown on me.
                                11 Iceland - I think they could still pull off a surprise win, because they have gained fans over the last year. Like the song.

10 Italy - Italy always seem effortlessly cool. I feel that anything sounds good in Italian, and this has a real energy.
                                9 UK - I would love to see us do well this year, I think it's the most relevant song we've sent in many years. James seems likeable too.
                                8 Ireland - Love Lesley, this is a great uplifting song that stands out as something different to the other uptempos.
                                7 Cyprus - Cyprus doing what Cyprus do best and I'm not mad at them.
                                6 Bulgaria - Instantly loved this, has kind of faded a little for me now but I think it will be magical on stage.

5 Switzerland - Incredible voice, lovely song, hope he brings some drama on stage.
                                4 Croatia - Instantly loved this one, and still play it lots now. Hope it doesn't get lost amongst other uptempos.

My top 3 I could really switch around any order, I love them so much and they are all different in style too...but we'll go with....

3 Israel - One of the best revamps we've had, I liked the song anyway, but they gave it life with the revamp, it's youthful, fun, great vocals.
                                2 Belgium - This is one I'm worried for qualification, but I have everything crossed for them, it is such high quality.
                                1 San Marino - Never thought I'd ever have SM as my favourites after "Spirit Of The Night" or "Light a Candle" or that thing with the robot. But I can't get enough of this. Love the energy, the song, the beat, the artistry.
                                1 Yung Bae |2 DJ Snake|3 Birdy|4 MK |5 Sofia Carson

Comment

• Israel remains my fave; Greece’s El Diablo is growing on me; and San Marino rocks.

Comment

• Daši Freyr is really UK panel-show comedy material (reminds me of Brett Domino), he could have well been on one of those Last Leg/8 out of 10 cats/Taskmaster kind of things. I remember Last Leg using his jumpers last year

Comment

• I am curious to see how Jendrik will do with such a polarising entry.

Comment

• There’s reports today that some huge elaborate staging is coming for Greece, involving a Pegasus. No amount of staging is going to cover up her weak vocals though.

Comment

• Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

There’s reports today that some huge elaborate staging is coming for Greece, involving a Pegasus. No amount of staging is going to cover up her weak vocals though.
                                            they have pre-recorded backing vocals though

Comment

• I will be watching the live final as always on BBC1 with Graham, but as I find both Scott Mills and Rylan Clark unbearable, I’ll be watching the semi finals on YouTube.

Comment

I will be watching the live final as always on BBC1 with Graham, but as I find both Scott Mills and Rylan Clark unbearable, I’ll be watching the semi finals on YouTube.
                                                I think Rylan has improved, especially in terms of his Eurovision attitude. Scott is just bland.

Comment

• Last edited by croatiaxtina; Sun April 18, 2021, 01:58.
                                                  BEST SONGS&ALBUMS OF 2017
                                                  YOURS, FOREVER. // JOSS JONES (Tracklist)

Comment

• ^ actually really enjoyable and the chorus sounds surprisingly captivating

Comment

Working...
                                                    X