Eurovision Song Contest 2021 - Rotterdam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malta song is just overrated.
    I like Destiny's voice and energy, but the song is just overrated and overhyped. She'll end up in top 5 for sure.

They made her staging like copy of Lizzo's performances. The coustume is bad, her boot fall apart. The hair and make up looked gr8 tho.

Can't wait for 18th may.

I'm so happy everyone has Croatia in their final prefiction for top 10 of 1st semi after rehersal.
    BEST SONGS&ALBUMS OF 2017
    YOURS, FOREVER. // JOSS JONES (Tracklist)

Comment

• It’s so exciting to see these songs I’ve been playing the last two months coming to life on the stage. Senhit looked incredible with her rehearsal today, I can’t wait to see it in full colour! They had an Italian rapper stand in for Flo Rida but they have released a statement to say FR may still join them on the night.
      1 Coldplay |2 Krystal Klear|3 Yola|4 Sigrid |5 pnau

Comment

• Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
        It’s so exciting to see these songs I’ve been playing the last two months coming to life on the stage. Senhit looked incredible with her rehearsal today, I can’t wait to see it in full colour! They had an Italian rapper stand in for Flo Rida but they have released a statement to say FR may still join them on the night.
        Have you ever attended a Eurovision show ?
        Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
        Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Have you ever attended a Eurovision show ?
          Not yet but it’s high on my bucket list!

Comment

Not yet but it’s high on my bucket list!
            A friend of mine from the Canaries is super into Eurovision like you and he always goes to the shows around Europe !
            Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
            Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by Noahh View Post
              Yeah Netta and Duncan both were slammed for their staging, yet they still won.

I'm so excited for Eurovision.
              Yes, it is truly one of the few bright and exciting things in an otherwise doom & gloom landscape.
              Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

It’s so exciting to see these songs I’ve been playing the last two months coming to life on the stage. Senhit looked incredible with her rehearsal today, I can’t wait to see it in full colour! They had an Italian rapper stand in for Flo Rida but they have released a statement to say FR may still join them on the night.

Of course Flo Rida wouldn't travel for the first rehearsal haha but i think he needs to attend the next rehearsals, at least the dress rehearsal and then jury rehearsals if he wants to be on stage in the live shows. I think Salvador didn't attend 1 or 2 rehearsals because of health issues, what's the justification for FR? Being a judge on a bikini contest? lol.

By the way, is Netherlands accepting US flights? Poor Montaigne couldn't travel to Rotterdam but FR might travel from Miami?

I am curious to see if he joins Senhit on stage or if it's a good PR trick to keep the hype...

Comment

Yeah Netta and Duncan both were slammed for their staging, yet they still won.

I'm so excited for Eurovision.
                  I agree with you. It's been a tradition that the rehearsal videos of the big favourite get many dislikes and negative comments.

Duncan's staging was boring and simple and Netta's was a mess (it was though!). I think Russia, Australia and Ukraine had very good reactions in 2016 and they were the top 3. France failed to impress and was falling in the betting odds.

Comment

• Originally posted by croatiaxtina View Post
                    Malta song is just overrated.
                    I like Destiny's voice and energy, but the song is just overrated and overhyped. She'll end up in top 5 for sure.

They made her staging like copy of Lizzo's performances. The coustume is bad, her boot fall apart. The hair and make up looked gr8 tho.

Can't wait for 18th may.

I'm so happy everyone has Croatia in their final prefiction for top 10 of 1st semi after rehersal.
                    I love Destiny's voice and the song, but the outfit is a big no from me. She was looking fierce in the music video though!! I think the boots/socks/whatever it is might have been uneven on purpose, they usually test stuff like this in the first rehearsals and then decide on the final dress/shoe. I've seen it before.

I still think Malta is a contender for the victory. Let's not forget how unpredictable juries are. People want a fun song to dance after the shitty year we've had and Malta is serving it.

By the way, i agree with you about Lizzo. That's what I thought immediately. I think they just want to pass the message of body positivity.

About Croatia: i loved the staging and Albina is sooo good!
                    Last edited by greek_boy; Tue May 11, 2021, 00:55.

Comment

• Originally posted by Murat View Post
                      Managed to get tickets to the First Semi-Final Family Show yesterday! Will be taking my mom as a belated Mother's Day outing, so excited to see the show in person before the actual broadcast!
                      woohoo!! tell us how it felt being in the arena!!

Comment

• I think Iceland and Serbia had the best rehearsals today. Greece, Austria also did well, although i can't tell much about Greece because like Ireland we didn't see the special effects. However, Stefania's voice is really good.

San Marino was fine but i dislike the masks/outfits of the dancers (wtf?) and Senhit wearing black for a fun song like Adrenalina? it just doesn';t work.

I think Iceland's staging is really cool and nerdy which helps a lot to showcase the song. Iceland is definitely in the race, i'd say.

I'm waiting for the rehearsal of Switzerland and Bulgaria tomorrow <3 and then Big 5 on Thursday i think.

Last but not least, in the first SF it will be the bloodbath of the bangers. I think Israel and Azerbaijan will fight for the ticket and i am afraid that Israel won't make it because it's not as memorable as Azerbaijan, plus Azerbaijan will find their way to get some votes *winks*.

In SF2 so far, Poland, Serbia and Moldova are almost next to each other in the running order and it'll be interesting to see which one will miss the final, i just can't see the 3 of them qualifying?
                        Last edited by greek_boy; Tue May 11, 2021, 01:01.

Comment

• Originally posted by greek_boy View Post

By the way, is Netherlands accepting US flights?
                          Well I'm guessing Nikki Tutorials has flown from the US? And I do know one of the wiwibloggs team (Suzanne) has got there from Atlanta.

I actually like Senhit in the black outfit, as in the music video, there are some FREAKY parts so I kind of like it against all the colour...also a lot of people saying they're not keen on the dancers outfits, but I think people will definitely remember them!

There is a lot of pink & blue pallets on stage this year, which is going to feel quite repetitive after so long, so anything steering away from that will stand out at least visually.

Comment

• Ukraine reached the Top10 on the betting odds for the first time this season!

Comment

Well I'm guessing Nikki Tutorials has flown from the US? And I do know one of the wiwibloggs team (Suzanne) has got there from Atlanta.
                              If im correct Nikkie still lives in NL though?

Comment

• Originally posted by Colbie View Post
                                If im correct Nikkie still lives in NL though?
                                Oh maybe she does, I was just guessing, I thought she lived in the US now for some reason.

Comment

• Yeah she lives in NL indeed.

I saw that there were only three people at the press conference for Australia. Poor Montaigne. No one was interested in her since she can't be there in Rotterdam, kind of disrespectful. It was sad to see her tear up about not being able to go to Rotterdam and not being able to get the full Eurovision experience.
                                  "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Comment

• Yeah I feel bad for Montaigne. But I guess it is what it is. I still think her entry is one of the highlights this year and I'm surprised at how underrated it is among fans

Comment

• Originally posted by greek_boy View Post

woohoo!! tell us how it felt being in the arena!!
                                      I will!

In the meantime, since there were tickets left and another round of sales happened today, I managed to snatch another ticket for the SF2 Family Show as well as a couple of tickets for the Grand Final Jury Show on Friday evening. I can't believe I'll be seeing all three shows in person (albeit not the broadcast versions), especially after not having been able to attend any concerts for so long. Next week's gonna be epic!
                                      Tweet, tweet.

Comment

Yeah she lives in NL indeed.

I saw that there were only three people at the press conference for Australia. Poor Montaigne. No one was interested in her since she can't be there in Rotterdam, kind of disrespectful. It was sad to see her tear up about not being able to go to Rotterdam and not being able to get the full Eurovision experience.
                                        More than people not being interested in her (which would have definitely factored in, I believe, don't get me wrong), Montaigne's press conference had been pushed twice already, and was now all of a sudden taking place during another entry's rehearsal, without any prior announcement to the press. Normally every press conference gets an announcement 5 minutes prior in the press centre, which for some reason didn't happen with Montaigne's.

Still, while I don't believe there was any ill will on the journalists' part, it was heartbreaking to see and hear Montaigne explain how this whole experience has been for her in front of 3 journalists. Thank god she couldn't see how many people were there.
                                        Tweet, tweet.

Comment

I actually like Senhit in the black outfit, as in the music video, there are some FREAKY parts so I kind of like it against all the colour...also a lot of people saying they're not keen on the dancers outfits, but I think people will definitely remember them!

There is a lot of pink & blue pallets on stage this year, which is going to feel quite repetitive after so long, so anything steering away from that will stand out at least visually.

Nikki leaves in the Netherlands, as far as i know?

But yes Suzanne travelled from Atlanta, true!

I think the problem with dancers is that they are wearing masks and it's so random? reminds me of Albania 2009.

Comment

Yeah she lives in NL indeed.

If she was the big favourite (as Australia was in 2016), I am sure the Australian government would have given them the green light...

Comment

• I think Portugal, BULGARIA and Switzerland had the best rehearsals.

Denmark was nice (very good choice to close the show), Albania had strong vocals (wrong outfit for this song though)...

Portugal has increased their chances of qualification in the betting odds due to their good rehearsal and visuals in their staging. That's actually a good effort from their side (haven't seen Portugual putting much effort on staging to be honest). It could be a jury favourite (against Austria).

Bulgaria is the big winner today (rising on betting odds), got extremely positive reactions for its staging which is very emotional.

Victoria explains more about the staging and the photo of hers with her father when she was a kid:

Bulgaria is a dark horse to win but i am thinking that we have already 2 more 'sad'/slow songs in the race: Switzerland and France so it's going to be interesting to see which one will get the most votes from juries and public.

I am just thinking that in the end, people might go for something fun like Malta or Iceland.

Comment

• Ilse Delange just dropped a little bomb. During a tv program here (college tour) she told she was not asked for ideas or to perform in Rotterdam, when she is in fact the person who made the succes happen in the first place. She was the one behind the Common Linnets, and she was the one who pitched Duncan, and was part of his team in Israel.
                                                The least they could have done was ask her.
                                                I would have loved to see her on stage, or see her involved with the preparations instead of Glennis or another artist that is actually performing

Comment

• I see in top 5:
                                                  Bulgaria
                                                  Finland
                                                  Swiss
                                                  Malta
                                                  Cyprus

we have to wait to see big 5 rehersals too.
                                                  But I don't think France will end up in top 5
                                                  BEST SONGS&ALBUMS OF 2017
                                                  YOURS, FOREVER. // JOSS JONES (Tracklist)

Comment

• Originally posted by Colbie View Post
                                                    Ilse Delange just dropped a little bomb. During a tv program here (college tour) she told she was not asked for ideas or to perform in Rotterdam, when she is in fact the person who made the succes happen in the first place. She was the one behind the Common Linnets, and she was the one who pitched Duncan, and was part of his team in Israel.
                                                    The least they could have done was ask her.
                                                    I would have loved to see her on stage, or see her involved with the preparations instead of Glennis or another artist that is actually performing

OMG are you kidding me?? I thought she was going to be involved somehow! That can\t be possible...

First Anouk is not invited (or at least she didn't accept going to ESC, rumours say that she's sick) and now Ilse? Both women played a major role in ESC for the Netherlands.

Glennis Grace and Afrojack are cool but i really wanted Ilse and a mini reunion of The Common Linnets...

Comment

Working...
                                                    X