Eurovision Song Contest 2021 - Rotterdam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This was the best ESC of all time.
    The hype, the excitement, quality of songs.
    Perfect top 6!
    BEST SONGS&ALBUMS OF 2017
    YOURS, FOREVER. // JOSS JONES (Tracklist)

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
      Dieter Bohlen, who is known as German hitmaker, heavily critizes the German way of picking songs for the ESC. He believes that too many people involved end up coming with a bad solution, so he wants to responsible for the next song entirely on his own, just like it's been the case with Stefan Raab, who was responsible for pushing Lena, Roman Lob and Max Mutzke (all reached top 10 placements), back in the day.
      oh Stefan Raab!!! He really changed everything for Germany.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post

I actually think they should try it out next year as Germany has nothing to lose at this point. I'm not sure if Dieter can pick a hit that works outside of the German speaking countries, but it's undeniable that he definitely has a "taste" for hits in those three countries. He's responsible for so many hits in the past 18 years.
        I don't think countries should send songs based on what other countries would like, they should just focus on the qualities of a song and make sure it's supported within the country and becomes a hit. Besides, if it can get any points from Austria and Switzerland, it's already a success lol.

Maneskin's song was not tailor-made for Eurovision or Europe, but it was a hit in Italy and won San Remo!

Comment

• Originally posted by heppolo View Post

I love Portugal 2017. The year was relatively weak but they had a genious idea of putting him on a small stage in the middle of the crowd which made it really stand out (they were surprisingly the only ones to do so). The rest was basically playing second fiddle to him. It was clever.
          Also Bulgaria 2017, imagine getting 600+ points and not winning.
          Bulgaria was awesome that year.

I never liked the ideal of singing on the small/satellite stage because i find very distracting all the fans with their flags and it ruins the atmosphere for me. Anouk did the same in 2013 too, didn't like it...

Comment

Well, what was it like in the year after Lordi won? Was there a high amount of rock entries?
            Yes, i remember there were some rock entries (Czech Republic, Iceland, Finland) and some others were very different (Cyprus, Hungary). I am 100% sure that there will be more rock songs next year but it would be a mistake to think that Maneskin's victory means the public will vote for more rock songs (Molitva won in 2017 after Lordi's victory).

Just like Germany sent Cascada in 2013 after Loreen, many countries prepared impressive stagings in ESC 2016 after Mans's performance in 2015 and the list goes on

Comment

• Originally posted by Blondini View Post
              Bill Bailey has been on TV today (ITV and Channel 5) being interviewed about his Eurovision bid. The BBC rejected his 2008 one which was an eco-themed Dad's Army thing. He says he wants to include a giant badger on stage and do a theatrical, eccentric song. There's no Good Morning Britain clip but here's the Jeremy Vine one:

Lord help us... they didn't really pay attention to the top 5 of this year's show and they are stuck to the 00s. However, anything extravagant will help UK avoid being bland and boring and get some points so if the goal is to score like 5-20 points, then why not...

Comment

• Midweek UK Chart news:

https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...6#post10632636
                Don't bother updating your signature if it's a link. It takes you to completely random pages!!!!

Comment

• There’s always loads of celebrities that pipe up about going for Eurovision next year every year, but nothing ever materialises. And tbh none of these that have been tweeting will make any difference to our results, Little Boobs, Ladygarden and Bill Bayleaf ain’t going to get us in the top 10.
                  1 Coldplay |2 Galantis|3 Sigrid |4 pnau |5 Agnes

Comment

• I think at this point the goal isn't exactly to get us in the top 10 but to receive a few points.... :(

I remember Germany going from almost last place in 2007 to 5th place in 2018. Anything is possible with the right song haha

France went from bottom 5 in 2015 to 6th place in 2016 etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by greek_boy View Post

I don't think countries should send songs based on what other countries would like, they should just focus on the qualities of a song and make sure it's supported within the country and becomes a hit. Besides, if it can get any points from Austria and Switzerland, it's already a success lol.

Maneskin's song was not tailor-made for Eurovision or Europe, but it was a hit in Italy and won San Remo!
                      They filmed it better with Salvador. I felt like Anouk's team never really focused on small details, which may have cost them the top 5 position.
                      Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

I think at this point the goal isn't exactly to get us in the top 10 but to receive a few points.... :(

I remember Germany going from almost last place in 2007 to 5th place in 2018. Anything is possible with the right song haha

France went from bottom 5 in 2015 to 6th place in 2016 etc.
                        well, Germany also won with Lena

Comment

Maybe a different target demographic? If the ESC was representative of the official charts, we'd basically have 12 rap songs, 8 DJ songs and 6 other songs performed there. Thank god that's not the case.
                          You wouldn't think rock is what the average Eurovision fan would want to hear though.
                          My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• I guess with Germany, you can say that if even the Germans don't like the song, there's a high chance it won't do well at the ESC. None of the multiple songs that flopped at the ESC was really popular in Germany. Texas Lightning's song did well here despite ending in the bottom half, but that was 15 years ago.
                            Too bad Stefan Raab retired because he was the head of 5 top 10 songs, including his own in the late 90s and Lena's winning song.
                            Pro: freedom of speech
                            Contra: cancel culture

Comment

They filmed it better with Salvador. I felt like Anouk's team never really focused on small details, which may have cost them the top 5 position.
                              The 2013 show didn't have LED screens... but i do agree that the staging was bad for Anouk and it cost them votes. I'll never understand why she couldn't hire a stage director, i bet it wasn't a budget issue but more like her mentality of keeping it simple....
                              Last edited by greek_boy; Tue May 25, 2021, 21:18.

Comment

I guess with Germany, you can say that if even the Germans don't like the song, there's a high chance it won't do well at the ESC. None of the multiple songs that flopped at the ESC was really popular in Germany. Texas Lightning's song did well here despite ending in the bottom half, but that was 15 years ago.
                                Too bad Stefan Raab retired because he was the head of 5 top 10 songs, including his own in the late 90s and Lena's winning song.
                                for a BIG 4 country, Germany did well in 2006 lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

You wouldn't think rock is what the average Eurovision fan would want to hear though.
                                  I don't think it matters what the average Eurovision fan wants to hear though.

Eurovision fans are going bananas with ethnopop and catchy pop songs but they flopped this year (San Marino, Azerbaijan, Cyprus).

Comment

• The German contestant is promising to write better songs in the future ^^ . In the end, the song was written by two people, including himself. There are other songs that got written by 10 people, featured well-known US rappers and still ended up low.

Comment

I don't think it matters what the average Eurovision fan wants to hear though.

Eurovision fans are going bananas with ethnopop and catchy pop songs but they flopped this year (San Marino, Azerbaijan, Cyprus).
                                      I feel like in such a contest like Eurovision when you only have one go the thing that matters besides just the song or staging is charisma. Those good-looking italians got a lot of people excited

Comment

The German contestant is promising to write better songs in the future ^^ . In the end, the song was written by two people, including himself. There are other songs that got written by 10 people, featured well-known US rappers and still ended up low.
                                        ditching Ben Dolic was a mistake

Comment

The German contestant is promising to write better songs in the future ^^ . In the end, the song was written by two people, including himself. There are other songs that got written by 10 people, featured well-known US rappers and still ended up low.
                                          ikr? Adrenaline was written by 10 people lol and it sounds like other songs while I Don't Feel Hate is at least original.

Jendrik is an amazing guy, great personality! I wish he had fully experienced the Eurovision atmosphere (parties, meeting fans and other events)

Comment

ditching Ben Dolic was a mistake
                                            oh nice i like his new song and finally a good haircut

This is his live performance of Violent Thing:

It's not great but i think it would been awesome on the Ahoy stage.

Germany was very unlucky in 2020...

Comment

I feel like in such a contest like Eurovision when you only have one go the thing that matters besides just the song or staging is charisma. Those good-looking italians got a lot of people excited
                                              Damiano stole many hearts hahaha even the camera was showing him instead of the whole band lol

he is the definition of stage charisma and talent

Comment

he is the definition of stage charisma and talent
                                                To a smaller extend, I would say the same about Mahmood in 2019. He didn't do any major choreography, but rewatching his performance, he owned the stage by his presence and the emotions he put into the song, he really felt it and so did the audience.

Comment

• I do think you need a certain amount of confidence and conviction in your performance. Mostly our UK entrants haven't had that in some years, they often seem nervous and amateur.
                                                  1 Coldplay |2 Galantis|3 Sigrid |4 pnau |5 Agnes

Comment

To a smaller extend, I would say the same about Mahmood in 2019. He didn't do any major choreography, but rewatching his performance, he owned the stage by his presence and the emotions he put into the song, he really felt it and so did the audience.
                                                    yeah definitely! I thought he would do a little bit better in televoting tbh but coming 2nd is a big success.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X