No announcement yet.

Eurovision Song Contest 2021 - Rotterdam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad for Belarussian fans but good decision!

Comment

• Maneskin having a no-English language UK top 20 entry is lit
      Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Maneskin's album debuts at n71 on UK Albums chart OMG! What was the last time it happened for a ESC winner? Their debut positions so far have been great and i think the highest for a ESC winning entry since Heroes.

Also, Maneskin's song 'I wanna be your slave' debuts at n83 on UK Singles chart, so 2 entries in the Top 100!! Actually, i think they should promote it as the next single..

Comment

• Originally posted by greek_boy View Post
          Maneskin's album debuts at n71 on UK Albums chart OMG! What was the last time it happened for a ESC winner? Their debut positions so far have been great and i think the highest for a ESC winning entry since Heroes.

Also, Maneskin's song 'I wanna be your slave' debuts at n83 on UK Singles chart, so 2 entries in the Top 100!! Actually, i think they should promote it as the next single..
          I remember The Common Linnets having their album at no.40 (along with the single at no.9) right after Eurovision.

Also first song in the UK Top 20 in Italian since "Nessun Dorma".

Comment

• After one week, I can now confirm my top 10!

01 point - Birth of a New Age - Netherlands - Jeangu Macrooy
            02 points - Set Me Free - Israel - Eden Alene
            03 points - Amen - Slovenia - Ana Soklic
            04 points - Amen - Austria - Vincent Bueno
            05 points - Voila - France - Barbara Pravi
            06 points - Last Dance - Greece - Stefania
            07 points - The Wrong Place - Belgium - Hooverphonic
            08 points - Tout L'univers - Switzerland - Gijon's Tears
            10 points - Love is on my Side - Portugal - The Black Mamba
            12 points - Mata Hari - Azerbaijan - Efendi
            My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by heppolo View Post

I remember The Common Linnets having their album at no.40 (along with the single at no.9) right after Eurovision.

Also first song in the UK Top 20 in Italian since "Nessun Dorma".

Yeah i know about Common Linnets but i was mainly talking about ESC winners. Common Linnets enjoyed more success than Conchita actually. I wish they had won tbh

I don't remember if Zelmerlow's album entered the Top 100 Albums chart in UK?

When was Nessun Dorma charted in UK?

Comment

Yeah i know about Common Linnets but i was mainly talking about ESC winners. Common Linnets enjoyed more success than Conchita actually. I wish they had won tbh

When was Nessun Dorma charted in UK?
                1990, during the World Cup in Italy

Comment

Lordi's The Arockalypse charted at #100 in 2006.

Comment

1990, during the World Cup in Italy
                    omgg and 1990 was the last time Italy won Eurovision! the signs were there!!!

Comment

Lordi's The Arockalypse charted at #100 in 2006.
                      omg hahaha so the last time a ESC winner had their album chart in the UK Top 100 was in 2006 when another rock band won Eurovision lol! However, it's even more difficult this time because of streaming.

Comment

• Televoting points between 2011 and 2021.

Spain doing worse than the UK..... RTVE you need to hire a different team for Eurovision lol

Comment

omg hahaha so the last time a ESC winner had their album chart in the UK Top 100 was in 2006 when another rock band won Eurovision lol! However, it's even more difficult this time because of streaming.
                          back in 2006 it took more actual sales to chart, now on the back of two strong streaming singles Maneskin had a path

Comment

back in 2006 it took more actual sales to chart, now on the back of two strong streaming singles Maneskin had a path
                            Actually the album was doing extremely well on both iTunes and Apple Music charts in UK

Comment

• No Jendrik?~!!!

Comment

• The performance was cute but, outside of that, I can’t see much quality in the German song (and neither can the Germans by the looks of it).

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartan View Post
                                  The performance was cute but, outside of that, I can’t see much quality in the German song (and neither can the Germans by the looks of it).

It feels like about four songs shoved into one, and I love one of them and hate the other three.
                                  1 Camila Cabello |2 J Balvin|3 Majestic |4 Kevin McKay |5 Wizkid

Comment

• Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post

It feels like about four songs shoved into one, and I love one of them and hate the other three.
                                    It's poppy swing. You need to like that kind of music. But then again, Italian hard rock may not be everybody's cup of tea ^^ .

Besides, the odd thing is:
                                    2010: OK, Lena's vocals were a bit off by times, but she's got such a cute personality. Let's vote her to No. 1!
                                    2021: (Jendrik has got a cute personality as well, sings something different than what Germany used to do during the previous years and actually has got a choreography including playing with the camera.) Eww, what was that? Was he trying to be... perky ?
                                    Pro: freedom of speech
                                    Contra: cancel culture

Comment

• Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post

I guess the idea was that the joke entry will get them some televoting points unlike those hit-or-miss mid-tempos. But clearly it's a Twin Twin moment for Germany

Comment

• Today we're going to see live-on-tape performances of the finalists. Nice to compare.

Comment

• Can not wait to see what they can make togather <3​​

Comment

• Ukraine was even better in the live-on-tape wow! i liked when they looked like they were floating...

Stefania's performance looked amazing without that cheap green screen

Cyprus was bad, same for Azerbaijan

Belgium was a bit better, i liked the long shots

Destiny was alone on stage, the sound was bad and in general she looked awkward being there alone doing those hand movements... i prefer her dress there to the one we saw in Rotterdam

San Marino was lol, entertaining more than the Rotterdam performances but wtf with the dancers wearing wigs

Comment

Ukraine was even better in the live-on-tape wow! i liked when they looked like they were floating...

Stefania's performance looked amazing without that cheap green screen

Cyprus was bad, same for Azerbaijan

Belgium was a bit better, i liked the long shots

Destiny was alone on stage, the sound was bad and in general she looked awkward being there alone doing those hand movements... i prefer her dress there to the one we saw in Rotterdam

San Marino was lol, entertaining more than the Rotterdam performances but wtf with the dancers wearing wigs
                                              I prefer Destiny's live-on-tape to what she ended up with in Rotterdam. She was the star of the show in live-on-tape.
                                              Moldova abandoned the "record note"
                                              Icelandic one was really poorly filmed
                                              Kudos to Lithuania for dedication to recreate the actual stage (Lithuania, Germany performances).

Comment

• Zitti e Buoni is added to the Hot Hits UK playlist on Spotify (over 2,7 million followers) wow!

Originally posted by heppolo View Post

I prefer Destiny's live-on-tape to what she ended up with in Rotterdam. She was the star of the show in live-on-tape.
                                                Moldova abandoned the "record note"
                                                Icelandic one was really poorly filmed
                                                Kudos to Lithuania for dedication to recreate the actual stage (Lithuania, Germany performances).

Her vocals were on point and her dress was better but the staging was very poor.

Moldova used the Greek dancers lol (same choreographer/stage director) and yeah she didn't do the note lol

I forgot to mention that i loved Serbia's performance, so much better than the Rotterdam one and their hair looked better and not messy lol (except Sanja's).

Comment

• The Eurovision Song Contest is taking over the Swiss Charts this week!

1 (NEW) 1 Gjon's Tears - Tout l'univers
                                                  2 (RE) 2 Måneskin - Zitti e buoni
                                                  16 (15) 27 Arcade
                                                  24 (NEW) 1 Barbara Pravi - Voilà
                                                  36 (NEW) 1 Go_A - Shum
                                                  39 (NEW) 1 Blind Channel - Dark Side
                                                  42 (RE) 2 Gjon's Tears - Répondez-moi
                                                  57 (NEW) 1 Måneskin - I Wanna Be Your Slave
                                                  66 (NEW) 1 Tusse - Voices
                                                  80 (NEW) 1 Daði og Gagnamagnið - 10 Years
                                                  83 (NEW) 1 Destiny - Je me casse

5 (RE) 4 Måneskin - Teatro d'ira - Vol. I
                                                  17 (RE) 7 Måneskin - Il ballo della vita
                                                  83 (NEW) 1 Måneskin - Chosen

1 (2) 5 Eurovision Song contest 2021 (compilation)

Comment

• ...so I just found out the lead singer of Måneskin was born in 1999!! I'm really getting old

Comment

Working...
                                                    X