No announcement yet.

Eurovision Song Contest 2021 - Rotterdam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting overview of the Top 39 entries in televoting since 2009. (in percentage of possible points, without 2013 entries)

Ne me cherche pas, je ne suis plus lÓ, baby

Comment

• Eurovision 2021 was huge!

The annual international song contest took place in Rotterdam, Netherlands across May 18 to May 22.

This year’s competition was seen by 183 million viewers across 36 markets, officials reported Monday (May 31).

The Grand Final achieved a 4% higher TV audience share than the previous contest in 2019. (The 2020 competition was scrapped amid the pandemic.)

The contest was especially popular among young viewers, with the 15–24-year-olds bracket up 7% versus 2019.

50.6 million unique viewers across 234 countries watched on the official YouTube channel, up 28% from 2019, and of those, 18-to-34-year-olds made up 71% of the viewers.

Individual countries saw big wins, including the winning country Italy, which saw 4.3 million viewers tuning in for the Grand Final, or 24.4% of TV viewing in the country.

“We’re thrilled to see that audiences welcomed back the Eurovision Song Contest in such huge numbers and very proud to have brought millions together at a time when so many are still apart,” said Eurovision’s Martin Ísterdahl.

http://www.justjared.com/2021/05/31/...bers-revealed/
      5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• I guess it's 183 million viewers in all platforms (TV, web, live and on-demand) . I am also certain this is not a figure for viewers watching the whole show from start to end but rather for at least 5 minutes. Do they also include views for individual performances?

I think the 2016 contest was watched by 200m people, but the 2017 show had a sharp decline due to Russia's absence.

Curious to know the number of people that watched it on Peacock (US).

Comment

• Great singer. Recent single (she's need to cut the entry down a lot more of course):

All of these people showing interest should be put forward for a public vote - like Song For Europe.
          Last edited by Blondini; Thu June 3, 2021, 16:16.

Comment

• ^wow this is really good!

Comment

• Gemma Collins has expressed interest now, you want to throw her name in the mix too? She wants to do a song with Snoop Dogg. We already know Snoop isn’t choosy what he lends his voice too.
              1 Camila Cabello |2 J Balvin|3 Majestic |4 Kevin McKay |5 Wizkid

Comment

• Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
                Gemma Collins has expressed interest now, you want to throw her name in the mix too? She wants to do a song with Snoop Dogg. We already know Snoop isn’t choosy what he lends his voice too.

LMAO, she wants to be the UK answer to San Marino. If they keep the pre-recorded vocals for next year, i guess she won't sound too bad LOL

Comment

• a little bit of Eurovision humour

Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Comment

• Truly a missed opportunity for Norway
                      Even though I think it probably would've been too gay even for Eurovision, the thought of Moldovan grandmas possibly being confronted with gay bear culture does make me chuckle
                      Ne me cherche pas, je ne suis plus lÓ, baby

Comment

• oh god that song/performance was a campy mess but i have to admit Norway had one of the strongest national finals this year (if not the strongest).

my guilty pleasure:

it could have been a tiktok hit, imagine the filters etc

Unpopular opinion: i think it would've done better in televoting than TIX.

Norway had another great 80s throwback entry, a bit similar to Greece:

Last edited by greek_boy; Mon June 7, 2021, 17:10.

Comment

• Originally posted by heppolo View Post
                          a little bit of Eurovision humour

i love the shum de jager clip, it is hilarious and accurate!!

Comment

• Originally posted by greek_boy View Post

Norway had another great 80s throwback entry, a bit similar to Greece:

By the way, SanRemo was so good this year they had another massive hit (52 million views at the moment). Very Empire Of The Sun-ish.

Comment

• heppolo thanks for sharing. I'm loving that song too
                              I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                              I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• Originally posted by heppolo View Post

By the way, SanRemo was so good this year they had another massive hit (52 million views at the moment). Very Empire Of The Sun-ish.

wow first time i hear this song, it's really good (yes very Empire of The Sun-ish) and not the typical San Remo song.

it got the 4th place (out of 26 entries) and peaked at number 1 in the Italian Singles chart (Maneskin peaked at number 2..)

It wouldn't have won Eurovision but it's another good Italian song.

Comment

• Originally posted by greek_boy View Post

i love the shum de jager clip, it is hilarious and accurate!!
                                  Haha same!

I also screamed at Natalia's video (and was shocked at how many views it has )

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post

Haha same!

omg an hour of it it wasn’t even an impressive note it was just a very long flat sound. It’s how I imagine tinnitus.

1 Camila Cabello |2 J Balvin|3 Majestic |4 Kevin McKay |5 Wizkid

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post

Haha same!

LOL same but it's the internet so...
                                      I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                                      I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• Natalia’s impact wow

Comment

• also Portugal had a wonderfully chill entry in their NF

Comment

• How could Poland not make it to the finals? Seriously, their song is one of this year's best.
                                            Pro: freedom of speech
                                            Contra: cancel culture

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                              How could Poland not make it to the finals? Seriously, their song is one of this year's best.
                                              ...I guess that‘s based on the recorded version. His vocals were rather bad live and I thought he even missed some of the lyrics. And the performance is what people vote for.

Comment

• I see. That's a pity then because the song itself is extremely catchy and cool. I would even prefer it to some other current synthpop songs.
                                                Pro: freedom of speech
                                                Contra: cancel culture

Comment

• Nikki talks about her Eurovision experience!

Comment

• New Guardian interview:

Eurovision winners Mňneskin: ‘Cocaine? Damiano barely drinks beer!’

https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...ly-drinks-beer

By the way, I Wanna Be Your Slave is n9 on UK Spotify.... WOWOWOWW!
                                                    Last edited by greek_boy; Fri June 11, 2021, 00:39.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X