Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• greek_boy
    replied
    Barbara Pravi has announced her first concert in London!

Tue 1 Mar 2022 @ 7:00 pm | Cadogan Hall, London

Tickets go on sale tomorrow!

Leave a comment:

• greek_boy
    replied
    Originally posted by RayRay View Post

If she comes up with a song as brillliant as her new single, I'm all for it.

It's ok, nothing groundbreaking to win the whole contest. However, she is talented so she can pull a great performance.

Her new single flopped hard so i guess she might consider it lol.

However, i've read recently that the drag queens that were rumoured for ESC21, are in talks with BBC for ESC22 and honestly i think there are more chances to see them on ESC stage than Jessie J knowing how seriously BBC takes Eurovision.

Leave a comment:

• greek_boy
    replied

Maneskin and Nikkie <3

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    Originally posted by greek_boy View Post
    Jessie J 'set to represent UK at Eurovision 2022' after nul point humiliation

Producers who decide who the UK entrant is are reportedly desperate to snap up chart topping star Jessie – who already has a track record of winning huge singing competitions

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebri...nt-uk-24307894

I know the source is not reliable at all (The Sun) but what do you think? Jessie J is not as big as they think in Europe and she hasn't had a hit in ages but at the same time why would she do Eurovision after this year's disappointing result?

First of all, BBC wouldn't book someone for Eurovision a year in advance or even start working on the Eurovision 2022 plans lol but let's hope they have taken it seriously..
    If she comes up with a song as brillliant as her new single, I'm all for it.

Leave a comment:

• greek_boy
    replied
    Originally posted by heppolo View Post

No, like SanRemo with the biggest stars and the pazzazzz
    That's not gonna happen in UK haha

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied

a national selection like the recent ones? No, thank you.
    No, like SanRemo with the biggest stars and the pazzazzz

Leave a comment:

• greek_boy
    replied
    Apparently, Fairytale is charting in the Top 50 Viral Songs Spotify chart in Canada, India, Italy, France, Saudi Arabia
    It is also added in the Hot Hits Gulf Spotify playlist...

Leave a comment:

• greek_boy
    replied

Song comes first surely. Preferably with a respectable launch and/or national selection in place and some radio promo before the contest.
    a national selection like the recent ones? No, thank you.

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied

what happened?

All i know is that Rybak's Fairytale has been enjoying some streaming success (Spotify and Youtube) since the end of Eurovision 2021 but it's weird because he didn't perform as an interval act.
    I have absolutely no idea why Rybak has experienced that recent boost.

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied
    By the way, Jessie J's new single flopped hard in UK (did not enter the Top 100 chart this week), her last studio albums did not chart as well.... I'm sure now that she needs Eurovision and not the other way around. Honestly, Eurovision can't harm her career unless she gets zero points LOL.

They kinda did that in 2011 when they sent Blue. I think they need to find the right song first and then the a charismatic singer. Without a doubt, Damiano is one of the reasons Italy won this year.
    Song comes first surely. Preferably with a respectable launch and/or national selection in place and some radio promo before the contest.

Leave a comment:

• greek_boy
    replied
    Maneskin riding this wave of success boosts the profile of previous winners as well. Maybe some kids/neutrals/Italians go all the way to check out the "Rock'N'Roll Kids" from 1994
    what happened?

All i know is that Rybak's Fairytale has been enjoying some streaming success (Spotify and Youtube) since the end of Eurovision 2021 but it's weird because he didn't perform as an interval act.

Leave a comment:

• greek_boy
    replied
    By the way, Jessie J's new single flopped hard in UK (did not enter the Top 100 chart this week), her last studio albums did not chart as well.... I'm sure now that she needs Eurovision and not the other way around. Honestly, Eurovision can't harm her career unless she gets zero points LOL.

I think the wise move for the UK would be to try somebody relevant in Continental Europe, Italy in partiicular.
    They kinda did that in 2011 when they sent Blue. I think they need to find the right song first and then the a charismatic singer. Without a doubt, Damiano is one of the reasons Italy won this year.
    Last edited by greek_boy; Sat June 19, 2021, 18:47.

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied
    Originally posted by ConstantinosV View Post

Totally agreed, but I'm 100% here for it ^^
    I think the wise move for the UK would be to try somebody relevant in Continental Europe, Italy in partiicular.

Leave a comment:

• ConstantinosV
    replied

It's a risky move career-wise. Anything bar top 10 would be considered a massive failure
    Totally agreed, but I'm 100% here for it ^^

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied
    Maneskin riding this wave of success boosts the profile of previous winners as well. Maybe some kids/neutrals/Italians go all the way to check out the "Rock'N'Roll Kids" from 1994

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied
    Originally posted by Tansike View Post
    Well yeah, Jessie J is not as big as they probably think, but then, it never matters how big an artist is if the song is not good / if there's no support in the own country. So it really doesn't matter if she takes part or not, the song will matter.

I love Jessie J and so I'm totally here for her participation tho!
    It's a risky move career-wise. Anything bar top 10 would be considered a massive failure

Leave a comment:

• Tansike
    replied
    Well yeah, Jessie J is not as big as they probably think, but then, it never matters how big an artist is if the song is not good / if there's no support in the own country. So it really doesn't matter if she takes part or not, the song will matter.

I love Jessie J and so I'm totally here for her participation tho!

Leave a comment:

• greek_boy
    replied
    Jessie J 'set to represent UK at Eurovision 2022' after nul point humiliation

Producers who decide who the UK entrant is are reportedly desperate to snap up chart topping star Jessie – who already has a track record of winning huge singing competitions

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebri...nt-uk-24307894

I know the source is not reliable at all (The Sun) but what do you think? Jessie J is not as big as they think in Europe and she hasn't had a hit in ages but at the same time why would she do Eurovision after this year's disappointing result?

First of all, BBC wouldn't book someone for Eurovision a year in advance or even start working on the Eurovision 2022 plans lol but let's hope they have taken it seriously..
    Last edited by greek_boy; Wed June 16, 2021, 00:36.

Leave a comment:

• greek_boy
    replied
    New Guardian interview:

Eurovision winners Måneskin: ‘Cocaine? Damiano barely drinks beer!’

https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...ly-drinks-beer

By the way, I Wanna Be Your Slave is n9 on UK Spotify.... WOWOWOWW!
    Last edited by greek_boy; Fri June 11, 2021, 00:39.

Leave a comment:

• greek_boy
    replied
    Nikki talks about her Eurovision experience!

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    I see. That's a pity then because the song itself is extremely catchy and cool. I would even prefer it to some other current synthpop songs.

Leave a comment:

• Tansike
    replied
    Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
    How could Poland not make it to the finals? Seriously, their song is one of this year's best.
    ...I guess that‘s based on the recorded version. His vocals were rather bad live and I thought he even missed some of the lyrics. And the performance is what people vote for.

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    How could Poland not make it to the finals? Seriously, their song is one of this year's best.

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied

also Portugal had a wonderfully chill entry in their NF

Leave a comment:

• LotsOfLove
    replied
    Natalia’s impact wow

Leave a comment:

Working...
X