X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mainshow
    replied
    Originally posted by Airwrecka View Post
    I have now spoken with Mainshow, and unfortunately he is not able to run the 2022 thread at the moment due to other commitments. He did mention that he has had a few login issues on UKMix which is why he hasn't posted, but he has been reading the thread and appreciates us thinking of him. He said to go ahead and get chatting all things Eurovision 2022!

The new thread for 2022 can be found here.
    Thank you so much for reaching out to me,m and taking over! I really appreciate it you guys thought of me rewarding the next 2022 thread!

Unfortunately, my life has become busier right now but I see you are in very good hands and I can't wait to join you discussing the next/upcoming edition!

Leave a comment:

• Airwrecka
    replied
    I have now spoken with Mainshow, and unfortunately he is not able to run the 2022 thread at the moment due to other commitments. He did mention that he has had a few login issues on UKMix which is why he hasn't posted, but he has been reading the thread and appreciates us thinking of him. He said to go ahead and get chatting all things Eurovision 2022!

The new thread for 2022 can be found here.

Leave a comment:

• Airwrecka
    replied
    I need to message Mainshow anyway, so I’ll ask him too. I think he was saying he had more commitments now and that’s why he handed over UKMixvision too. If he doesn’t want to do it, would you guys be happy for me to make the thread? I’d make sure all the links are up to date and informative haha.

Leave a comment:

• SholasBoy
    replied
    Yeah I was gonna message mainshow to see if he wanted to start it as always, but if he doesn’t, I’m happy for whoever to start it, obviously if I started it, the updates may be more infrequent

Leave a comment:

• flopho
    replied
    Host city was supposed to be announced by the end of August, now they're saying first days of September so...low-key rooting for Turin

Leave a comment:

• flopho
    replied
    Thought about it too, for example for possible host city discussion etc, but didn't want to steal it from Mainshow

Leave a comment:

• Airwrecka
    replied
    Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
    Do we have a 2022 thread yet? I can't find one.
    I don’t think we do actually. I’d be happy to make and maintain one (with a post for each country and the accompanying videos once they are released etc), but I don’t want to steal it from you if you wanted to do it, SholasBoy?

Leave a comment:

• SholasBoy
    replied
    Do we have a 2022 thread yet? I can't find one.

Leave a comment:

• LastDreamer
    replied
    New song from Lesley Roy.

Leave a comment:

• SholasBoy
    replied
    Well regardless of how long Maneskins success lasts, they’ve scored three huge international hits on the back of Eurovision so that is bound to be appealing to a lot of artists.

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied
    Originally posted by DnBLover View Post

Yea Måneskin are massive in Italy, anything they got in addition is huge
    and there's always SanRemo in case your new album is not selling that well - a surefire way to restore your chart presence in Italy (Francesco Gabbani made a good comeback with "Viceversa" in 2020 after his quite impressive failure to win ESC'2017)

Leave a comment:

• DnBLover
    replied
    Originally posted by heppolo View Post

Maneskin has the advantage of strong local (Italian) base support. Loreen's label (Warner) messed up her career with the follow-up
    Yea Måneskin are massive in Italy, anything they got in addition is huge

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied
    Originally posted by InFamous View Post
    Well I doubt Maneskin will last long internationally. One album and they will probably return to obscurity.

Where is Loreen these days ?
    Maneskin has the advantage of strong local (Italian) base support. Loreen's label (Warner) messed up her career with the follow-up

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Well I doubt Maneskin will last long internationally. One album and they will probably return to obscurity.

Where is Loreen these days ?

Leave a comment:

• SholasBoy
    replied
    I wonder if the international success of Maneskin this year is going to encourage artists to come forward in 2022. Though the complete flop of Flo Rida may still deter more established artists.

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied

I forgot to post it. Sweden would have done so much better with this earworm, probably would have been the 2nd biggest hit after Eurovision besides "Zitti E Buoni"

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied
    Originally posted by flopho View Post

cool idea tbh!
    Russian votes would get much more extra value

Leave a comment:

• greek_boy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• flopho
    replied

cool idea tbh!

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied
    Originally posted by DnBLover View Post
    Lol everyone but the UK is rooting for Italy. Let's see.
    UK has Scotland & Wales rooting for Italy as well

Leave a comment:

• DnBLover
    replied
    Lol everyone but the UK is rooting for Italy. Let's see.

Leave a comment:

• greek_boy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• greek_boy
    replied
    Originally posted by Michiel View Post

That was 2017 (Eurovision) and 2016 (Euro).

Same as Greece winning Euro in 2004 and then Eurovision in 2005. Greece & Portugal both won for the very first time in the same host city, Kyiv!

Leave a comment:

• LotsOfLove
    replied
    Originally posted by Michiel View Post

Oh right. What a moment

Leave a comment:

• Michiel
    replied
    Originally posted by LotsOfLove View Post
    Didn’t Portugal win Eurovision and then the Euro as well?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X