Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hollywood [Netflix]

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hollywood [Netflix]

    Hollywood is an American drama web television miniseries starring an ensemble of David Corenswet, Darren Criss, Laura Harrier, Joe Mantello, Dylan McDermott, Jake Picking, Jeremy Pope, Holland Taylor, Samara Weaving, Jim Parsons, and Patti LuPone.

    The show was created by Ryan Murphy and Ian Brennan. It was released on May 1, 2020, on Netflix.

    The miniseries is about a group of aspiring actors and filmmakers during the Hollywood Golden Age in the post-World War II era trying to make their dreams come true.


    My YouTube Channel - The best songs of the 80s, 90s and 2000s

  • #2
    I wasn't too impressed by the first episode but started to like it more from episode 2 onwards. I didn't know much about the life of Rock Hudson and his agent Henry Willson (Jim Parsons does a great job by the way), so that's the most interesting storyline for me. The pimp portrayed by Dylan McDermott is based on a real person as well (Scott Bowers).
    My YouTube Channel - The best songs of the 80s, 90s and 2000s

    Comment


    • #3
      Watched part of this. Not crazy about the story line, but there are some truly stellar performances here, mostly by the supporting cast in my opinion. Don't particularly like the some of the lead actors. I think that Darren Criss is particularly a miscast.
      I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
      I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Benny View Post
        I wasn't too impressed by the first episode but started to like it more from episode 2 onwards. I didn't know much about the life of Rock Hudson and his agent Henry Willson (Jim Parsons does a great job by the way), so that's the most interesting storyline for me. The pimp portrayed by Dylan McDermott is based on a real person as well (Scott Bowers).
        This isn't based on real life events though. It mostly takes unconfirmed rumors ad runs with them in a kind of alternate Hollywood history kind of way. It's meant to be some kind of "how Hollywood should've been" show.
        I have received many gifts from God,
        but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess
        .

        Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

        Comment


        • #5
          I’ll watch this but I haven’t heard good things.

          I’m here for Holland Taylor (Sarah Paulson’s other half) and broadway queen Patti LuPone.

          Comment


          • #6
            I also like Holland Taylor, might watch it for her.
            Will there be a second season of 'The Politician' though? Cause I LOVE that show.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Hejira View Post
              I also like Holland Taylor, might watch it for her.
              Will there be a second season of 'The Politician' though? Cause I LOVE that show.
              There will be a second season of The Politician, they started filming in November so I’m not sure if they wrapped up before COVID-19.

              Comment


              • #8
                I binge-watched this yesterday and loved it!
                Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [2-1!]

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by DnBLover View Post
                  Watched part of this. Not crazy about the story line, but there are some truly stellar performances here, mostly by the supporting cast in my opinion. Don't particularly like the some of the lead actors. I think that Darren Criss is particularly a miscast.
                  I agree that the supporting cast beats the main cast. Jim Parsons, Dylan McDermott, Patti LuPone and Holland Taylor are all great in their roles and much stronger than the young actors who are a bit bland (including Darren Criss).
                  My YouTube Channel - The best songs of the 80s, 90s and 2000s

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    We binge watched this in 1 day and it was pretty awesome.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Benny View Post
                      I agree that the supporting cast beats the main cast. Jim Parsons, Dylan McDermott, Patti LuPone and Holland Taylor are all great in their roles and much stronger than the young actors who are a bit bland (including Darren Criss).
                      I struggle to see Jim Parsons as anything other than Sheldon in his non-BBT roles. He was good in this, though!
                      Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [2-1!]

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        We have 3 Eps left. It's very good.
                        Love you like a love song!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I didn't like the 'alternate reality' ending, I would have preferred a realistic one (which would have been very depressing though).
                          My YouTube Channel - The best songs of the 80s, 90s and 2000s

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I actually really like the what if aspect they went with. I find it more interesting than a story we already know the ending too.
                            Love you like a love song!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post

                              I struggle to see Jim Parsons as anything other than Sheldon in his non-BBT roles. He was good in this, though!
                              true his "acting" is always the same

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Originally posted by Benny View Post
                                I didn't like the 'alternate reality' ending, I would have preferred a realistic one (which would have been very depressing though).
                                This was all alternate reality, not just the ending. Hardly true events based.
                                I have received many gifts from God,
                                but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess
                                .

                                Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  I really enjoyed this. Similar to The Politician in ways; it’s very obviously a Ryan Murphy production.

                                  I loved the 50s glamour
                                  You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    I really enjoyed this!
                                    Anna May Wong had a tragic life in reality. Stereotypecast, just like black people only able to play "Mammy" roles. It's nice this show shows what could have been
                                    You drew stars around my scars

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      I loved it. But I have to say that I'm seriously in love with David Corenswet.
                                      My Chart

                                      Comment

                                      Working...
                                      X