Canada's Drag Race: Season 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tansike View Post
    Jimbo is the first Queen from Canada‘s Drag Race to reach 100k followers on instagram
    Deservedly!
    Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [95-91]

Comment

Icon

Comment

The fourth episode was so good. I absolutely love this cast. The energy is through the roof.
        It's crazy how on the first season, they managed to balance the right amount of drama, shade, challenge and ****.
        Loved the runway, the metal team deserved to win imo. Their looks were great and modern. Plastic team was a disaster.

Stacy is one hell of a host/judge, she's just amazing! Brooke looked phenomenal also. That look was amazing. She's really starting to get into that judge role. But please, for season 2, get rid of Jeffrey.
        5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

And let me tell you, these queens are giving you LIPSYNC FOR YOUR LIFE like we haven't seen in ages on the main version.
          5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

Yes to all the praise! Agree!

Though I thought Paper was my favorite team when they all walked the runway, but I understood the critics by the judges - it really didn‘t look fashion. Jimbo is THE runway queen though, she always delivered 10s and is versatile too, having made spooky, freaky looks but also already painted really beautiful as well.

Sad to see Tynomi go, but it says a lot when an early out queen is already so likeable. This cast really is phenomenal.

Comment

Jimbo already has 116k insta followers now! I hope she doesn‘t get into her head even more, otherwise she‘ll give me Nina Bo‘Nina Brown teas.

Comment

They need to make Stacey the head judge. She’s great!

The plastic team did not deserve the win, the girl who isn’t Scarlett or Rita was awful yet again. Paper was my actual favourite and metal my least favourite. Except for the umbrella Priyanka’s look was so bad. Lemon’s was also quite bad, good material but horrible shape. Boa’s was nice.

I liked Ilona until this week, what a horrible attitude but I was LIVING for Jimbo using common sense to shut her up. And Jeffrey throwing shade at Jimbo is simply just too far. He needs to go.

Comment

It was a great challenge, but I didn't love the outfits they presented.

Comment

I really liked the paper looks as well but I guess it's an easier fabric to work with. I really loved the gold metal dress though!

Love you like a love song!

Comment

Another great episode. I love design challenges; I think that's one of the core skills of drag and seasons that don't include at least two or three of them tend to be weaker for me.

Jimbo's look was my favourite. She looked elegant and regal - so befitting a queen. It's crazy how she has zero wins thus far.

I'm surprised Priyanka got praise from the judges for her look. I thought it was quite basic. I'm a fan of hers, though, so I'm glad she made it through this round.

As for that lip-sync, definitely the best from this Canadian series so far. I loved Tynomi taking off pieces of her garment to use them as pom poms. She's one of my favourites and I'm disappointed to see her go so soon. My favourites are crashing out!

Comment

Wrong topic! Sorrrrry!!
                        Last edited by jason2379; Sat July 25th, 2020, 18:28.

Comment

Oh yes, I love how there were already as many design challenges as in the whole AS5

Comment

Great episode, I thought the Plastic team was all too similar but Rita Baga deserved her win. I thought Scarlet should’ve been low.

Boa should’ve been lip syncing but it was another great lip
                            sync. The drama was entertaining

Jeffrey is atrocious, his comments are just catty/bitchy. No idea why he came for Jimbo when she was easily one of the best, awful. Hate him as a judge. Stacey on the other hand is fantastic
                            You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

Not only Jeffrey sucks at delivering his lines, but anytime he uses gay lingo, it feels so forced and unatural. Same for his attitude. It's like he saw and read things online and decided to be like that on the show.

Comment

Can we all agree to fire Jeffrey and make Stacey head judge?!

this week was good although Marie Antoinette won it for me.

Ilona, I despise.
                                "What goes around comes back around my baby"

Comment

Jeffrey to go next week please. He is awful!

Love the lipsyncs too! So much energy! My favs are Jimbo and Priyanka. A great cast all round though. Looking forward to snatch game.
                                  LJC--->>

Comment

So I’m only two episodes in, but already I’m pissed.

Canada gets:

UK gets:

This is actually only my second ever season of Drag Race, having only watched the UK version (I started the first US season on Netflix but only saw the first episode before deciding I hadn’t the time to commit to binging so many seasons just yet).

I quite like it so far, I think this Canadian one could be quite the ticking time bomb between some of the girls though.

Queuing for Girls Aloud reunion tickets since 2013

#FreeBritney

Comment

Give me Alan Carr over Jeffrey ANY day.

Comment

Originally posted by jason2379 View Post
                                        1000000%
                                        LJC--->>

Comment

Great episode but the wrong bottom two - I definitely think Boa should’ve been there instead of Tynomi, and I think she should’ve won the lipsync over Ilona who came across quite badly this week and lost her energy towards the end of the lipsync.

The whole challenge made me think of the early seasons of RPDR cos some of the looks were cheap as hell but some were excellent.

Stacey should be head judge every week.

Comment

Originally posted by jason2379 View Post
                                            Ditto! Alan is one of the most hilarious human-beings ever!

Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                                            The whole challenge made me think of the early seasons of RPDR cos some of the looks were cheap as hell but some were excellent.
                                            The whole season is giving me early RPDR vibes and I love it!

Comment

Alan Carr might be funny but I’m watching to look at pretty things

Finally all caught up, episode four was good and I think the right people have gone so far. Lemon and Priyanka are my favs: Lemon however seems to get playing it too safe with a huge dose of ego, and I can’t help but think Priyanka looks like Alexandra Burke
                                              Queuing for Girls Aloud reunion tickets since 2013

#FreeBritney

Comment

I knew there was a reason I didn’t like Priyanka

Comment

I don't get the love for Jimbo. The attitude never set with me since episode one. And the makeup skill is like he dunks his head in a bowl of chalk and puts some lipstick on. I was actually super glad to hear Jeffrey go after him.

I thought the plastic team was the best and deserved winners.

Both paper and metal looked wonky. Especially Pryanka. How was that one of the highlights for them??!?!

The lipsync was pretty good. I thought Tynomi won when she did the squat vogue part. The highlight of the lipsync for me. Ilona, girl get yourself together.

I also don't like Stacey, so surprised she gets the most love here. She just doesn't have that "je ne sais quoi" (to quote her most used line) for me. I like BLH the most. Jeffrey needs to go.
                                                  I have received many gifts from God,
                                                  but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

Originally posted by beredy View Post
                                                    I don't get the love for Jimbo. The attitude never set with me since episode one. And the makeup skill is like he dunks his head in a bowl of chalk and puts some lipstick on. I was actually super glad to hear Jeffrey go after him.
                                                    Jimbo is so quirky, though, and comes through with some fairly polished looks. She's like Jinkx, without the Rolaskatox bullying storyline.

Comment

Ugh, I hate when I wake up, forget that Drag Race happened last night, check my insta feed and get spoiled So I already know who lipsynced and I‘m not surprised at who went home.

Still, can‘t wait to watch the Snatch Game and see how everyone did!

Comment

Canadian Snatch Game was........... Something.... Some strong performances but the whole thing just felt off somehow..
                                                        Love you like a love song!

Comment

What a terrific Snatch Game!

It's interesting how I felt Jimbo should've won three challenges and on this episode, where she actually wins, I wouldn't have rated her performance as strongest. For me, Rita soared highest last night, but definitely a strong performance from Jimbo as well - a clear top two there! Lemon was good, but I think her Snatch Game is another indication of the power of the edit, as she could've easily been edited as try-hard and obnoxiously annoying. I actually though Scarlet did a better job than she did.

I thought the lip-sync had a handful of clunky moments, but you can tell that both queens are strong performers, and I was actually low-key disappointed that they didn't hit the double shantay button last night. It would've been appropriate, imo.

This inaugural series has already run circles around the AS5 season for me, and is not far off from the quality we got from RPDR US S12!

Comment

Absolutely fabulous.
                                                            The reading mini challenge, the snatch game, the runway, the lipsync.
                                                            This seasons is everything one can hope from Drag Race.

Comment

Jimbo was great this week and I love that he showed some versatility on the runway this week too. I thought the lipsync was a mess, I don't think it helps that CDR seems to show the entire lip sync song rather than an edited down version, but I don't know why the judges were all gasping as if they were seeing things we don't see every single week for the last 12 years
                                                              1 pnau |2 Gabrielle Aplin |3 Dotter|4 Sofi Tukker |5 Afrojack

Comment

Working...
                                                              X