No announcement yet.

Canada's Drag Race: Season 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was fair. Deserved top 3. Hopefully Priyanka will win.
    BEST SONGS&ALBUMS OF 2017
    YOURS, FOREVER. // JOSS JONES (Tracklist)

Comment

• Scarlett slayed this episode and just became the second queen following the one and only Bianca Del Rio to never place below safe on Drag Race. And I really loved her this week! Wouldn‘t be surprised if she wins the whole thing now, she‘d deserve it.

Jimbo was a letdown in all three categories and her make up was bad. As much as I adore her, she deserved to go.

Rita was meh for me. Didn‘t stand out.

Pri‘s final look was awful, but she sold her first two so well and I‘m glad this got her save.

Comment

• Yes, this was probably the only week that I agreed with the judges. Jimbo and Rita were the worst, and Skalett the best. The lip sync was bad, but Jimbo did nothing, so again, deserved the boot.

I think Pry wins thanks to the vote from the fans. She's very likeble/charismatic, probably my second favorite so far. But I also think Rita has the most winner material from the top 3. On the other hand, if we look to the track record, even though it was f**** up by the judges, Skalett has a good shot as well. If I had to chose right now, I would go with Rita still. Let's see how things go next week.

Comment

• A Queen has never won after being in the bottom
          more than once, Pri & Rita have been bottom two twice, Scarlett zero, by track record, Scarlett wins.
          Last edited by Ewokguy15; Sat August 29, 2020, 01:30.

Comment

• I'll admit my Jimbo bias and say that regardless of her performance this week, I would've kept her...though I wouldn't have wanted that at the expense of Rita. My top two of the season lip-syncing for their lives was a no-win situation for me.

Rita for the win!

Originally posted by Ewokguy15 View Post
            A Queen has never won after being in the bottom
            more than once, Pri & Rita have been bottom two twice, Scarlett zero, by track record, Scarlett wins.
            First time for everything.
            Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [2-1!]

Comment

• Scarlet is not a winner, at all. This is for Priyanka or Rita to win but I’d rather Rita win. I’ve warmed to her the last few weeks and I still find Priyanka a bit annoying

Comment

• Yeah, no winner had to lip sync twice in their seasons so far, but if Scarlett wins, she's also the first winner not having a main challenge win in the first five episodes. So no matter who wins, it's a "first" anyway.

With that said, Jimbo's fanbase gives me Valentina fandom vibes. Funny thing is, Valentina even posted "Justice for JIMBO" on the post about the Ice Queen Eh-Laganza looks of Canada's Drag Race on insta.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                  Yeah, no winner had to lip sync twice in their seasons so far, but if Scarlett wins, she's also the first winner not having a main challenge win in the first five episodes. So no matter who wins, it's a "first" anyway.

With that said, Jimbo's fanbase gives me Valentina fandom vibes. Funny thing is, Valentina even posted "Justice for JIMBO" on the post about the Ice Queen Eh-Laganza looks of Canada's Drag Race on insta.
                  The Drag Race fandom is awful. They've been rotten to Rita because she beat Lemon and Jimbo in the lip-syncs and won challenges over some bigger fan-favourites. That seems to be reflected in the fan vote on social media, too. Priyanka is pummeling the other two there.

Comment

• As much as I like the other queens, IMO Lemon or Jimbo should have won. When it comes to the top 3, Rita is the obvious winner. Priyanka is a sweetheart and I really like her but she's not on the same level. BoBo is sweet but I'm not a huge fan.
                    Haven't been early since '88

Comment

• I think each of the top 3 has an equal chance of winning this season, I really think it's all going to be based on the final challenge rather than "report cards".

I'm happy with whoever wins, but like most people Ive seen talking about CDR on social media, Lemon and Jimbo have been the real breakouts of the season and they've been my 2 favourites. I truly hope we get an international drag race season or All Stars with multiple countries, just so Jimbo and Lemon can come back and slay another season.

Comment

• Happy with this top 3, I like them all.
                        Jimbo's exit was one for the books.
                        5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Looking over the Instagram upload of this weeks runway and it should have been Rita and Priyanka in the bottom 2. 100% no question. Scarlet was a clear winner

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
                            Jimbo's exit was one for the books.
                            I just came back to highlight this because I forgot to mention it in my earlier post. It was totes epic. She's a Drag Race legend already.

Comment

• Ok, I love the three finalists but I have no idea who wins this. Even though I think she was overhyped several times, Rita would still be a great first Canadian Drag Race winner. Priyanka is still not that polished. She's more like Shangela, going far, serving lots of personality, being the talking head of the season and sometimes serving a look here and there, but still some more room to grow. Scarlett would be a nice winner as well, but she was overlooked a bit for a long time despite doing really well through the whole season.

Based on fanbases it must be Priyanka, so we'll see.

...or they just crown Jimbo.

Originally posted by jason2379 View Post
                              Looking over the Instagram upload of this weeks runway and it should have been Rita and Priyanka in the bottom 2. 100% no question. Scarlet was a clear winner
                              To be fair, based on looks you're totally right, but Priyanka sold the F out of her first two outfits. I think her personality is what got her save. Plus she was a clear finalist, but it would have been her third time lipsyncing if she would have been in the bottom...

Comment

• Just caught up to the makeover episode. Priyanka or Bobo to win of course. Didn't like the way Jimbo was nasty at Rita previously about the silver wig.
                                Am I the only one here who likes Jeffrey? I like how he is OTT camp, and he actually was a good actor in the epic Unreal TV show. Anyways Canadas Drag Race is shaping up to be a hit, great queen's, great challenges. UK Drag Race please take note for next season please.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bazmedia View Post
                                  Just caught up to the makeover episode. Priyanka or Bobo to win of course. Didn't like the way Jimbo was nasty at Rita previously about the silver wig.
                                  Am I the only one here who likes Jeffrey? I like how he is OTT camp, and he actually was a good actor in the epic Unreal TV show. Anyways Canadas Drag Race is shaping up to be a hit, great queen's, great challenges. UK Drag Race please take note for next season please.
                                  Nop. UK was a million times better
                                  Love you like a love song!

Comment

• I think both the UK and Canadian versions are great, and on par with the US version, which was a pleasant surprise for me.

Comment

• How will be the finale?
                                      AS style or "live event" la Drag Race regular season?
                                      5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
                                        How will be the finale?
                                        AS style or "live event" la Drag Race regular season?
                                        I think they filmed it the old old old way, like the UK season - just announcing the winner on stage (they probably filmed at least two queens winning so there's no spoiler for the finale).
                                        I have received many gifts from God,
                                        but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• ^ Yes, the final already got filmed with multiple crownings.

Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
                                          I think both the UK and Canadian versions are great, and on par with the US version, which was a pleasant surprise for me.
                                          Agreed! Loved both first seasons, they both have something fresh.

Comment

• Yeah both the UK and Canada seasons were great!

Comment

• This is much better than the UK version in terms of quality - the UK final 3 was very obvious and some of the runways.....
                                              You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

• Kinda random fact: this is the first season of Drag Race where all finalists never placed low (they were either save, high, win or bottom 2)

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                                                  Kinda random fact: this is the first season of Drag Race where all finalists never placed low (they were either save, high, win or bottom 2)
                                                  Interesting, though this season also featured the most questionable judging in Drag Race herstory.

Comment

• Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post

Interesting, though this season also featured the most questionable judging in Drag Race herstory.
                                                    I'm so obsessed with this show ( ) that I'm currently rewatching the season and while I don't "hate" on JBC as much as before, the judging still seems to out of place in so many situations. So completely agreed on this - still interesting that none of the finalists placed low.

With that said, Rita just surpassed 100k followers on insta, Scarlett will do so very soon as well. Priyanka will soon pass 200k. So going by fans, Pri has it in the bag. But she's not giving me that winner vibe, as much as I love her. So I still think it will be Rita or it will completely depend on who does the best on the final challenge.

But somehow I hope Rita wins this because she got so much hate over the last few weeks when it wasn't her fault that she did well and Jimbo didn't.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X