• Show
Clear All

• The Meaning of Mariah Carey [Memoir]

"The Meaning of Mariah Carey"
    by Mariah Carey with Michaela Angela Davis

Release: 29th September 2020

EcfWH14X0AEYq4e?format=jpg&name=large.jpg
    Synopsis:

"Global icon, award-winning singer, songwriter, producer, actress, mother, daughter, sister, storyteller, and artist Mariah Carey finally tells the unfiltered story of her life.

Carey’s story is an improbable and inspiring journey of survival and resilience as she struggles through complex issues of race, identity, class, childhood and family trauma during her meteoric rise to music superstardom. By pulling back the curtain on perceptions often told through the filtered lens of media, Carey bravely and beautifully walks through her battles with gender and power dynamics, emotional abuse, public embarrassments, personal failures and phenomenal victories. In her own words and song lyrics, Carey reveals untold moments and intimate experiences along with anecdotes of sacred moments with iconic figures to craft an honest, unique and vivid portrait of her extraordinary life.

“This book is composed of my memories, my mishaps, my struggles, my survival and my songs. Unfiltered.” Carey shared in a letter shared on social media yesterday, “Writing this memoir was incredibly hard, humbling and healing. My sincere hope is that you are moved to a new understanding, not only about me, but also about the resilience of the human spirit.”

The Meaning of Mariah Carey is the story of undeniable talent, unshakable faith, an unparalleled relationship with fans and unconditional love. Finally, the voice known around the world tells her own story – unrestrained."

Preorder: https://themeaningofmariahcarey.com/...iah-carey.html
    Author Mariah Carey with Michaela Angela Davis
    Publisher Henry Holt & Company / Macmillan
    Imprint Andy Cohen Books
    Pages eBook: 288
    Hardcover: 368
    ISBN 9781250164698
    Author Appearances:

Reviews:

Latest Headlines:
    22nd July 2020: Eminem Is ‘Stressed Out’ About Mariah Carey’s Upcoming Memoir (US Weekly)

9th July 2020: Mariah Carey to release 'unfiltered' memoir in September — here are all the details (EW)
    15th December 2019: Mariah Carey memoir to be published thanks to Andy Cohen's new book venture (AP)
    8th October 2019: Mariah Carey to detail 'the debacle that was Glitter' in new memoir (EW)

See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
    See Mariah Carey's Memoir thread

Reserved.

Comment

A countdown for an announcement tomorrow are on her socials. Plus:

Comment

Mottolaxative will be eradicated.
        Originally posted by beredy
        When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

Looks like there will be an audiobook!

Comment

Really looking forward to this.
            My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

This could become her 2nd best seller... her xmas storybook has sold 400,000 copies in the US. She's the modern day Hemingway.
              My Chart

Comment

I don’t like the cover unfortunately.
                Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

Worse title.

I’m here for all the inevitable Mottolaxative, J.No and Nokia drags!

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

I love the picture. I don't like the fact her name is so big at the top because the title also has her name. It doesn't look right to me. I'd have loved the picture and the title to just be the front.
                    Love you like a love song!

Comment

I have come to just find the title "okay" I think she's being verbose and unnecessary here. "Meaning" would've been much snappier.

Oh well.

Comment

I like the title and cover. I liked The Meaning of Mariah more, without the Carey. I think that's a question many people have asked her throughout her career, and all the "they called the wind mariah" sotry behind it... so here we are going to get a more honest and insight response to that same question.
                        VISIT UKmix HOT100 @ Front Desk
                        ENJOY Hits in the Mix! weekly chart @ General Music

Comment

Originally posted by Leo View Post
                          I like the title and cover. I liked The Meaning of Mariah more, without the Carey. I think that's a question many people have asked her throughout her career, and all the "they called the wind mariah" sotry behind it... so here we are going to get a more honest and insight response to that same question.
                          Yeah I would be curious to know the reasons behind choosing this title given how important they have been to her albums. Also given the fact that the first rumoured title was "I Had A Vision of Love"

Comment

Cover is ok, at least the title doesn't have the words "elusive" or "chanteuse" in it.
                            I would have preferred "Mariah Carey - My Meaning" Repeating her entire name is very extra, but that's her anyway !!

Comment

I believe the title is meant as to... "This is what it means to be me". I believe she will talk about the racism that she had to endure in the industry.
                              My Chart

Comment

The synopsis mentions iconic figures so my guesses on people who will get name checked:

Tommy Motolla
                                Michael Jackson
                                George Michael
                                Prince
                                Barbra Streisand
                                Oprah
                                Nick Cannon
                                Derek Jeter

What do you guys think? Who else potentially?

Comment

Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                  The synopsis mentions iconic figures so my guesses on people who will get name checked:

Tommy Motolla
                                  Michael Jackson
                                  George Michael
                                  Prince
                                  Barbra Streisand
                                  Oprah
                                  Nick Cannon
                                  Derek Jeter

What do you guys think? Who else potentially?
                                  Nicki Minaj
                                  Celine Dion
                                  Luther Vandross
                                  Whitney Houston
                                  Debbie Gibson
                                  Jermaine Dupri
                                  Lionel Richie
                                  Diana Ross
                                  Aretha Franklin
                                  Patti LaBelle
                                  My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

Kween’s siblings

Comment

I hope she doesnt mention nick cannon but I doubt that’s gonna happen. And I suspect this won’t be as shady as some people are expecting.

Comment

I wonder if she will delve into details about Howard Stern and some of those...interviews.

Also about Carson Daly on TRL. His exaggerations, in my view, caused a lot of the narrative to be written the way it was.

Originally posted by SpyVsSpy View Post
                                        I hope she doesnt mention nick cannon but I doubt that’s gonna happen. And I suspect this won’t be as shady as some people are expecting.
                                        I dont think it will be shady either. I think, more than likely, it will be heartbreaking to read.

But this makes me wonder about NDAs and stuff. Do books go through legal teams beforehand?

I wouldn't be surprised if there are pseudonyms used for some people.

Comment

This Guardian interview is perhaps one of her best in years (despite the terrible writing/editing).

Full interview:
                                          https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...olar-interview

Comment

Working...
                                          X