Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eurovision Song Contest: The Story Of Fire Saga

Comes to Netflix this week.

Trailer looks like a low-key mess, but as a big Eurovision fan and knowing that both actors already did some good movies, I will probably still watch this. I hope it's not a typical American movie trying to understand the contest...

A song from the soundtrack has already been released. I actually like it, I think it would actually work as an Eurovision entry A shame it's so short though.

Comment

I can not wait for this. It looks hilarious
      Love you like a love song!

Comment

Originally posted by Tansike View Post
        I hope it's not a typical American movie trying to understand the contest...
        I think that is exactly what it's going to be
        You drew stars around my scars

Comment

I really enjoyed watching it and I think it was the best Eurovision-related show we got this year.
          Of course, it was trashy but I didn't expect them to be "quite accurate", all the cameos were excellent and despite the fact that it wasn't a masterpiece or a great movie, it totally works as a cute homage + it still got some sort of plot which might be interesting to non-Eurovision hardcore fans.

"Husevik" was absolutely beautiful as a song and I loved all the recycled iconic props!
          Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

I quite enjoyed it too, though I think it was short of jokes and went on a little too long. As a fan of the show, some things bugged me that didn't make sense (foreign presenters hosting in Scotland, Graham Norton commentating for Iceland...whatever that semi final stuff was ) and with Jon O-S as an executive producer, I'm surprised he didn't keep things on track, but I do realise that most people probably wouldn't have really noticed. Still it was fun to watch!
            1 pnau |2 Gabrielle Aplin |3 Dotter|4 Sofi Tukker |5 Afrojack

Comment

Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
              I quite enjoyed it too, though I think it was short of jokes and went on a little too long. As a fan of the show, some things bugged me that didn't make sense (foreign presenters hosting in Scotland, Graham Norton commentating for Iceland...whatever that semi final stuff was ) and with Jon O-S as an executive producer, I'm surprised he didn't keep things on track, but I do realise that most people probably wouldn't have really noticed. Still it was fun to watch!
              I actually thought it was too short (I mean, that Belarus entry was amazing! I almost wanted to vote for it and I wanted to get a full version of the song!).. when it comes to the rest, I fully agree.. I mean, it could have been way worse - Eurovision's rules are quite complex,it's like an own universe.. thus, I don't really mind that semi final voting mess BUT ... I mean, they kinda mocked the UK which was quite accurate (like the presenter was some sort of TV show candidate 4 years ago) "No one likes the UK, thus, they won't win" BUT at the same time the contest was held in Edinburgh and they put a lot of emphasis on the fact that the actual winner is eligible to host the next year's edition
              Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

I really enjoyed it. I also wanted it to be a wee bit longer. Loved all the cameos and little easter eggs like the human hamster wheel! I'll for sure watch again!
                Love you like a love song!

Comment

"Husavik" made it in the UK top 75 this week.
                  Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

Loved this! Absolutely pitched perfectly, great performances from the main cast (and I usually find Will Ferrell really annoying). It was impressive how they dedicated a fair bit of time to the actual stage performances and songs.

Have added quite a few songs to my Spotify playlist, including the Song-A-Long

Comment

Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

Come & Play was that bitch tho. Could be a real Eurovision song I’d bop to.

Comment

I realy enjoyed this! Lots of great songs, and i loved the cameo of the real participants and winners. Also Dan Stevens is so goodlooking! Some things were inacurate though, like the voting on the semi, and the constant changes of stage outfits.
                          You drew stars around my scars

Comment

Yeah that semi-final voting was weird, as was having foreign hosts?

Comment

Working...
                            X