Beyoncé - Black Is King

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by menime123 View Post

Disney have the rights to release Hamilton on DVD/Bluray but despite dropping on Disney+ earlier this month, they won't be released until October 2021. Disney will want the exclusivity for at least a year I'd say for this.
    Yeah, I'm expecting something like that. About a year or so. I'm just worried that it might never be released physically.

Comment

Hamilton was not meant to be a Disney+ release tho, Lin Manuel agreed to a theatrical release + home-video release in 2021 but it was then moved up as a last minute change due to the uncertainty in a traditional rollout. It doesn´t feel like that is Black is King situation.
      Beauty is beauty, whether is black or white

Comment

Originally posted by Beautyisbeauty View Post
        Hamilton was not meant to be a Disney+ release tho, Lin Manuel agreed to a theatrical release + home-video release in 2021 but it was then moved up as a last minute change due to the uncertainty in a traditional rollout. It doesn´t feel like that is Black is King situation.
        It was always going onto Disney+ but yes, it was moved up. But Disney paid $75M for Hamilton, not sure how much they paid Beyonce. Either way, they are going to want exclusive access to it for at least a year I'd have though - if not indefinitely. Beyonce isn't a fan of home media so I can see it never happening to be honest
        Queuing for Girls Aloud reunion tickets since 2013

#FreeBritney

Comment

Originally posted by menime123 View Post
          Beyonce isn't a fan of home media so I can see it never happening to be honest
          She used to be. Literally releasing everyone of her tours on DVD. Ah, those were the days...

Comment

Originally posted by LittleLinda View Post
            She used to be. Literally releasing everyone of her tours on DVD. Ah, those were the days...
            My favourite was I Am... Yours. The behind the scenes documentary was brilliant.
            Queuing for Girls Aloud reunion tickets since 2013

#FreeBritney

Comment

Stunning, beautiful and necessary.
              "What goes around comes back around my baby"

Comment

I just finally got around to watching it and wow.... phenomenal!!
                There's so much detail in every shot that I just sometimes had to pause and wanted to rewind. But then I just let it play because I wanted to be completely in the moment and captured by this beautiful film.
                Will have to watch it a couple of times more for sure as I think I missed so much. Sometimes I didn't know where to look because the sets had so many references as well.
                This must've taken so much time and effort to create and it shows. Just outstanding!
                "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Comment

This is a stunning masterpiece! I gave a standing ovation in my room.

I cried during "Bigger", "Otherside" and "Spirit". And then I got my life to "My Power" and even the credits because "Black Parade" was playing. I didn’t even mind the recycled scenes in "Bigger" and "Spirit" becomes they are so breathtaking and fitting. I wonder if they were originally filmed for the movie though.

My favorite visuals? Definitely "Mood 4 Eva" and my baby "My Power".

I just wonder when tf she filmed all of this? She always manages to shoot these extravagant visual albums without anyone noticing. Impressive.

10/10 *another standing ovation*
                  Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

Shooting started last July actually! Until the end of the 2019. I don't know if she was still shooting in early 2020 but I don't think so.
                    5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

I just watched and browsed through it and it was okay. She should have released "Find Your Way Back" and "My Power" last year. Those are definitely the highlights and still the best songs from the album even after a year it has been out. The beginning part with "Bigger" was amazing, it had the best visuals. I wonder why they chose the super bland "Spirit" as the lead single. Was it because they thought Ilya Salmanzadeh would bring the Ariana Grande magic and make it a streaming hit?

Also, why does she always have to bring all her relatives in her music videos? Ever since she did the House of Dereon and she talked about her Creole lineage during the MTV days, it's like she always had her family tree of Tina Knowles, Solange, Kelly Rowland and (now with) her kids in the visuals way too much. To be honest, it should have been more about Africa than trying to make Africa about her. It could have been promising concept album but ended up as a vanity project yet again.

Comment

So did you watch it or did you browse through it? Those seem mutually exclusive to me.

Comment

Originally posted by LittleLinda View Post
                          So did you watch it or did you browse through it? Those seem mutually exclusive to me.
                          probably just watched Spirit and wanted to sew hate as always.
                          "What goes around comes back around my baby"

Comment

Working...
                          X