Why Women Kill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Women Kill

I've just started to re-watch the show and searched for a thread to praise it but found none - so here it is!

Why Women Kill is an American dark comedy-drama web television series created by Marc Cherry for CBS All Access. Set in multiple time periods, the series depicts the events leading to a death that occurs after the respective husbands of three married women commit adultery. It premiered on August 15, 2019, and its first season consisted of 10 episodes. Shortly before the first season concluded, the series was renewed for a second season.

Why Women Kill follows three women from different decades who are connected through having all lived in the same Pasadena mansion and experiencing infidelity in their marriages. Beth Ann Stanton (played by Ginnifer Goodwin) remains content as a housewife in 1963 until she learns of her husband's unfaithfulness, socialite Simone Grove (played by Lucy Liu) discovers her third husband's homosexuality and begins her own affair with a younger man in 1984, and although in an open marriage in 2019, attorney Taylor Harding (played by Kirby Howell-Baptiste) finds her relationship tested when she and her husband become attracted to the same woman. The infidelity in each marriage sets off a chain of events that ends with a woman taking the life of another person.

My YouTube Channel - The best songs of the 80s, 90s and 2000s

It's such a great show, I loved all three timelines equally. Simone, Beth Ann, her neighbour Sheila and Eli are my favourite characters.

Comment

This show is something else.
      Absolutely loved it.
      Simone >
      The merging of the three eras during the last episode was brilliant.
      5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

I finished re-watching the show and loved it even more than the first time. I think that both JSparksFan and Spartan would love it as well (if they haven't already watched it).

Comment

It’s on my lockdown TV list. Will definitely watch it at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan View Post
            It’s on my lockdown TV list. Will definitely watch it at some point.
            Nice to see that you plan to watch it, hopefull you'll like it as much as I do!

Comment

You know, I think it's quite similar to "Desperate Housewives"
              So, when I started to watch this one I didn't pin my hopes on that.

But I was attratcted to this movie!
              Every character is different and the end of the film.. it was fantastic! How all times meet in one house, it was the most breath-taking moment during all film for me!

Comment

Glad everyone seems to be liking the show, gonna give it a go as Desperate Housewives and Devious Maids were great.

Comment

This was great for me. Loved Lucy Liu's story the most. The "modern day" story was the least good one for me, but they all tied well at the end.

I hope we get another batch of stories.
                  I have received many gifts from God,
                  but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

Just started watching. Lucy Liu is ICONIC in this.
                    LJC--->>

Comment

Lucy Liu is the clear highlight in this. Ginnifer Goodwin is good, but I don’t like the modern day woman very much, love her partner though (Reid Scott was great on Veep too).

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan View Post
                        Lucy Liu is the clear highlight in this. Ginnifer Goodwin is good, but I don’t like the modern day woman very much, love her partner though (Reid Scott was great on Veep too).
                        The modern day woman is also my least favourite of the three. Eli on the other hand is adorable.

Comment

Nah, i didnt like Eli that much. Taylor was a boss though, but she is my least fav from the 3 as well. i liked their storyline the least.
                          You drew stars around my scars

Comment

Working...
                          X