Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

“Let’s run to the blind alley or into the dark basement!”

Comment

Omg in a way I hope either Dewey or Gale (hopefully not her…so dewy ) die otherwise they’ll be keeping it too safe at this point but at the same time I feel like they’ve gone through a lot to die now

also read somewhere the trailer was meant to be a little misleading to not give out spoilers, some extra scenes were probably added that won’t be in the movie cut…also read that what seems like the opening at the beginning of the film might not be the actual film opening…which I hope cause it’ll be redundant and resembles too much the original
      Follow Me On Instagram

The FIRST user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING

Comment

Yeah Dewey’s the most expendable. Sidney and Gale are icons.

Comment

5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

Spoiler!

Comment

Ohhh look forward to this coming out

Comment

5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

I kind of want the killer to be one of the O.Gs and I definitely want one if not all to die. It's absurd they've survived 5 mass murders.
                  Uk the only way

Comment

Are you guys ready for this?

Comment

Reviews are all really good so far!

Comment

I'm so excited, I can't wait!

Comment

It’s out today! I’m going in a few days time so will try and dodge spoilers.

Comment

Pls post ur reviews.

I'm thinking going to watch it in cinema... although I'm skipping everything due the pandemic...
                            BEST SONGS&ALBUMS OF 2017
                            YOURS, FOREVER. // JOSS JONES (Tracklist)

Comment

No idea when it’s released here so hopefully I’ll find a bootleg online

Comment

I watched it tonight and enjoyed it.
                                Spoiler!

Comment

Watched the trailer for this ? Is it just a remake ? didnt really excite me much tbh
                                  " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                                  Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

The second part will always be my favourite one. The opening scene in the cinema...

Comment

Watched the first 20 mins of this last night, seems super lame and dont think ill even bother to finish it.
                                      Scream was cool 20 years ago or whenever it came out first. Now, nah.

Comment

Well the first half of the movie is a bit lame but it gets better once the old cast joins in!

Comment

Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                          Watched the first 20 mins of this last night, seems super lame and dont think ill even bother to finish it.
                                          Scream was cool 20 years ago or whenever it came out first. Now, nah.
                                          Send me a link pls

Comment

Originally posted by Benny View Post
                                            Well the first half of the movie is a bit lame but it gets better once the old cast joins in!
                                            I dont know if i have the patience for an hour of lameness

Comment

It was okay.

Good points:
                                              • some nice and natural nods to the original, it really did pay homage quite well at times
                                              • Sam was mostly a likeable character
                                              • Sydney was good
                                              • Billy Loomis is still hot
                                              • some nice commentary on the franchise and requels

Not so good points:
                                              • the killers’ motive was not great, no matter how much they tried to explain it
                                              • a wasted opportunity to not have the killers connected to the past
                                              • Amber as a killer was poor because she had virtually no character development throughout the film. We knew nothing about her so it wasn’t a twist or a swerve
                                              • whereas Ritchie being a killer was completely obvious once the killer attacked him but made no attempt to murder him in the hospital. As soon as that scene took place, it was as clear as day
                                              • we barely saw any interaction between the killers so they didn’t have any chemistry
                                              • some of the scenes were a bit slow (e.g. Wes in the house after his shower). It was trying to be suspenseful but I don’t think it paid off
                                              • the female Randy (Mindy) was such a forced character and probably the weakest homage to the past. The scene of her watching ‘Stab’ on the couch (trying to replicate the original scene exactly) was the most cringeworthy and unrealistic scene of the whole movie. Apparently she is expected to be a popular character (the new Randy) but I wanted her dead. And why is she so obsessed with her dead uncle whom she never met?
                                              • we didn’t see the other twin (Chad) shirtless - wasted opportunity
                                              • Gale was pointless in the movie, she didn’t really do anything

The video I watched was a bootleg from a movie theatre and the audience was laughing throughout the final showdown. This really doesn’t belong to the horror franchise anymore because it’s not scary at all.
                                              Last edited by hun; Mon January 17, 2022, 08:32.

Comment

Originally posted by hun View Post
                                                [*]whereas Ritchie being a killer was completely obvious once the killer attacked him but made no attempt to murder him in the hospital. As soon as that scene took place, it was as clear as day
                                                Yes, I had the same thought, the 'one of the killers getting attacked but not murdered by the other killer in front of the other characters in order to fool the viewer' thing was already used in the very first movie.

Comment

I really enjoyed it, though it wasn't perfect.
                                                  - Thought that Sam was likeable enough but not a fan of the actress (I had the same issue when I saw her in In The Heights). I actually thought the sister would make a better protagonist. I wasn't a fan of her visions but, as hun said, Billy is hot and has gotten better with age.
                                                  - I enjoyed all the meta and the homage to other horror movies, much better than when Scream 4 attempted to do it.
                                                  - I really enjoyed Mindy as a character, and her hot twin too.
                                                  - Some good killings, and one really sad one.
                                                  - I didn't guess the killers straight away but I would've liked more explanation as to how they became acquainted.
                                                  - The final act was great IMO, it had everything I wanted in it.
                                                  - I was okay with the OGs not getting too much focus - like they allude to in the movie, it's about passing the torch.
                                                  - Neve Campbell never ages, she's so beautiful. Didn't expect Sid to be married to Patrick Dempsey's character from Scream 3 though but nice surprise.
                                                  - Gale and Sid storming into the house at the end and shooting the first person they see will never not be iconic, as well as Gale getting shooting her and then her catching on fire.

Overall I thought it was really good and a lot of fun if you don't take it too seriously. Yes, some of the dialogue and character logic was awful but that comes with the genre.

Comment

I’m not sure if I rank it below or above Scream 4.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X