Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ewokguy15
    replied
    They should just give her what she wants, she (and Courtney) are Scream.

Leave a comment:

• hun
    replied
    A mention of her might be enough. She didn’t bring much to S5 and it’ll be nice to hear that she got a happy ever after.

Leave a comment:

• BehindBreakaway
    replied
    To me scream isn't scream without Neve. She's the final girl. She's like Laurie Strode. The film's without JLC didn't do well and j have a fear scream will go the same way..

Leave a comment:

• Spartan
    replied
    As much as I love Sidney/Neve, I don’t really need her to return for anything more than a cameo. How much can one woman go through? Same with Gale.

Leave a comment:

• BehindBreakaway
    replied
    They've delayed filming to try to renegotiate with Neve. If she still says no it faces a complete rewrite.

Leave a comment:

• hun
    replied
    Also
    Spoiler!

Leave a comment:

• hun
    replied
    Omg, Neve not returning is huge news and could potentially kill off the entire franchise. Bet they wish they killed her off instead of Dewey now.

There are enough surviving characters from the previous film to keep it going, but none of them seem particularly popular.

Leave a comment:

• AndiIversen
    replied
    Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
    Well, she has a sweet new gig with The Lincoln Lawyer tv show, right?

Leave a comment:

• KEY9481
    replied

Leave a comment:

• hun
    replied
    March 2023

Leave a comment:

• hun
    replied
    The legacy characters, especially Gail, didn’t add much to the movie. It might be interesting if the killer specifically targeted Gale or Sydney but I think they’re mostly their for fan service now.

Leave a comment:

• BehindBreakaway
    replied
    Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
    Yasss. Now Neve needs to sign on and I'm totally there

Leave a comment:

• KEY9481
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BehindBreakaway
    replied
    I loved it it was literally everything I wanted

Leave a comment:

• croatiaxtina
    replied
    I'm disappointed after watching the movie.

Sydney comes too late in movie. Gayle doesn't add anything and Dewey's death wasn't rlly a thing, while it should've been bigger aa one of the main characters is killed.

There was many :roll eyes: moments. It was def better than last one...

I don't think pt 6 is needed...

Leave a comment:

• KEY9481
    replied

Leave a comment:

• hun
    replied
    I think it’s fine and one of my favourite franchises, but it shouldn’t be marketed as a horror film because it’ll leave people disappointed.

Leave a comment:

• muzik_biz_wiz
    replied
    Clocked the killers super early on. It just isn't...enough. Horror has improved. Scream was far too self aware to the point of parody.

Leave a comment:

• Ewokguy15
    replied
    I thought it was good, I hope they do end the Scream franchise here, though as this has done well they will probably find a way to continue it.

I called Dewey dying last year when I saw the trailer, it was his time but still a sad moment.

The Female killer definitely need more characterisation but the Male killer was good, can't remember their names.

The reasons behind them wanting to kill everyone was kinda silly but crazy people do crazy things.

Leave a comment:

• MusicRecords
    replied
    Omg I'm a Scream fan but this movie sucked

Especially the hospital attack scene...I always find these hospital scenes in any movie or show so silly, how there's no doctor or nurse round like hello...why did she even have to get off the bed...patients, especially in a case like her, have a call button

the ending act...umm Sidney and Gale basically knew that person was one of the killers when she shot Gale with no mask...just call the cops and get her out of the house

Judy's death was so silly, outside and Ghostface at the front door...and no one heard a thing and the guy still showered, changed and the police backup Judy called for was still not there...

Only good thing was the legacy death, they finally didn't play it safe although still in that silly hospital; scene

Leave a comment:

• hun
    replied
    I’m not sure if I rank it below or above Scream 4.

Leave a comment:

• Spartan
    replied
    I really enjoyed it, though it wasn't perfect.
    - Thought that Sam was likeable enough but not a fan of the actress (I had the same issue when I saw her in In The Heights). I actually thought the sister would make a better protagonist. I wasn't a fan of her visions but, as hun said, Billy is hot and has gotten better with age.
    - I enjoyed all the meta and the homage to other horror movies, much better than when Scream 4 attempted to do it.
    - I really enjoyed Mindy as a character, and her hot twin too.
    - Some good killings, and one really sad one.
    - I didn't guess the killers straight away but I would've liked more explanation as to how they became acquainted.
    - The final act was great IMO, it had everything I wanted in it.
    - I was okay with the OGs not getting too much focus - like they allude to in the movie, it's about passing the torch.
    - Neve Campbell never ages, she's so beautiful. Didn't expect Sid to be married to Patrick Dempsey's character from Scream 3 though but nice surprise.
    - Gale and Sid storming into the house at the end and shooting the first person they see will never not be iconic, as well as Gale getting shooting her and then her catching on fire.

Overall I thought it was really good and a lot of fun if you don't take it too seriously. Yes, some of the dialogue and character logic was awful but that comes with the genre.

Leave a comment:

• Benny
    replied
    Originally posted by hun View Post
    [*]whereas Ritchie being a killer was completely obvious once the killer attacked him but made no attempt to murder him in the hospital. As soon as that scene took place, it was as clear as day
    Yes, I had the same thought, the 'one of the killers getting attacked but not murdered by the other killer in front of the other characters in order to fool the viewer' thing was already used in the very first movie.

Leave a comment:

• hun
    replied
    It was okay.

Good points:
    • some nice and natural nods to the original, it really did pay homage quite well at times
    • Sam was mostly a likeable character
    • Sydney was good
    • Billy Loomis is still hot
    • some nice commentary on the franchise and requels

Not so good points:
    • the killers’ motive was not great, no matter how much they tried to explain it
    • a wasted opportunity to not have the killers connected to the past
    • Amber as a killer was poor because she had virtually no character development throughout the film. We knew nothing about her so it wasn’t a twist or a swerve
    • whereas Ritchie being a killer was completely obvious once the killer attacked him but made no attempt to murder him in the hospital. As soon as that scene took place, it was as clear as day
    • we barely saw any interaction between the killers so they didn’t have any chemistry
    • some of the scenes were a bit slow (e.g. Wes in the house after his shower). It was trying to be suspenseful but I don’t think it paid off
    • the female Randy (Mindy) was such a forced character and probably the weakest homage to the past. The scene of her watching ‘Stab’ on the couch (trying to replicate the original scene exactly) was the most cringeworthy and unrealistic scene of the whole movie. Apparently she is expected to be a popular character (the new Randy) but I wanted her dead. And why is she so obsessed with her dead uncle whom she never met?
    • we didn’t see the other twin (Chad) shirtless - wasted opportunity
    • Gale was pointless in the movie, she didn’t really do anything

The video I watched was a bootleg from a movie theatre and the audience was laughing throughout the final showdown. This really doesn’t belong to the horror franchise anymore because it’s not scary at all.
    Last edited by hun; Mon January 17, 2022, 08:32.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by Benny View Post
    Well the first half of the movie is a bit lame but it gets better once the old cast joins in!
    I dont know if i have the patience for an hour of lameness

Leave a comment:

Working...
X