Scream 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scream 5

Courteney Cox just confirmed this on Instagram.

Necessary? No. But Scream 4 was a hoot so hopefully this’ll be in the same vein.

YEEEEEESSSSS! OMFG. I love this series. Sure, 3 & 4 don't come even close to first two ones, but they still had a good idea they were based on, even if they didn't turn out as good.
    I have received many gifts from God,
    but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

I've watched the 4th only once, but I should watch it again.
      I'm excited!
      5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

Yes yes yes yes yesssssssss.....OMG I'm excited yet scared. If they kill off Sidney I will cry in a corner for 5 years honestly.
        Scream 3 sucked, Scream 4 was Okay...but I need them to really deliver with this installment.
        It will be the first installment without Wes Craven on board.

Comment

Originally posted by Hejira View Post
          If they kill off Sidney I will cry in a corner for 5 years honestly.
          It's about time sis gets killed tho how many times can you escape a crazy murder spree.
          5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post

It's about time sis gets killed tho how many times can you escape a crazy murder spree.
            Exactly...that's why i'm scared that this time it will happen!

Comment

Laurie Strode has been doing good for 42 years now and still going

Comment

They better not kill off Queen Neve Campbell. Dewey, on the other hand...

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan View Post
                  They better not kill off Queen Neve Campbell. Dewey, on the other hand...
                  Or maybe he turned psycho and is the killer. And therefore will die.

Comment

Or maybe he turned psycho and is the killer. And therefore will die.
                    OMGee fantastic idea.

I think the most highly anticipated element is if Courteney will reprise her iconic Scream 3 fringe.

Comment

Yeeessssss! Great news!!!
                      My YouTube Channel - The best songs of the 80s, 90s and 2000s

Comment

Never thought this would happen after Scream 4 was never followed up! I love them all and thought 4 was a great reboot so can’t wait for this. I definitely feel like they’ll kill Sidney off in the first ten minutes though.

Comment

I feel like killing Sidney at this point is expected and wouldn't be a shock. Kind of a damned if they do, damned if they don't situation. Also would Neve be up for another one at all? And besides all killings were directly connected to her, so she's kind of central to the plot or at least should be to honor the spirit of the Scream series.

Personally, I'd love to see Sidney to continue to kick ass.

Comment

Neve stated she's in talked to return. It's looking likely.
                            Love you like a love song!

Comment

It wouldn't be Scream without Sidney.

Comment

I'm pretty sure Neve is on board. She's been talking about it for a few months now.
                                I just...I really wonder what they're gonna do with this. Wes is gone as a director so it's all in the hands of someone new, but apparently Kevin Williamson is back to write the script
                                I just want another iconic and inventive opening scene the way the first movie did it. Scream 4 opening was fun, but ultimately not scary/tense at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Hejira View Post
                                  I just want another iconic and inventive opening scene the way the first movie did it. Scream 4 opening was fun, but ultimately not scary/tense at all.
                                  Oh yes, I love all the opening scenes, except for the one in the 3rd movie which was a bit disappointing. The scene with Jada Pinkett Smith in the cinema from the second film is my favourite one, though the iconic Drew Barrymore opening scene is also excellent.
                                  Scream 2 in general is the best part of the franchise IMO.

My YouTube Channel - The best songs of the 80s, 90s and 2000s

Comment

Well, we can't bring Wes back, but hopefully they give the movie to someone good, not some studio hire or a first time director.

Comment

Looking forward to this! Love this franchise and it's cool to see that the original cast is returning once again!

Comment

The intro from Scream with Drew Barrymore is one of the most iconic ten minutes of horror - the fact she was main billing and featured on the poster/VHS then killed off right away was genius. The brutality of it was quite shocking for a teen slasher too.

Scream 2’s intro was also brilliant, when Jada gets up on the stage in front of the whole cinema...

Comment

Originally posted by beredy View Post
                                          Well, we can't bring Wes back, but hopefully they give the movie to someone good, not some studio hire or a first time director.
                                          I think they already announced back in March that Gillett and Bettinelli-Olpin, who did "Ready or not" last year, will direct
                                          Beauty is beauty, whether is black or white

Comment

Originally posted by Beautyisbeauty View Post

I think they already announced back in March that Gillett and Bettinelli-Olpin, who did "Ready or not" last year, will direct
                                            Oh yes you're right! That's very promising. Loved that movie.

Comment

Anyone who hasn't seen He Knows You're Alone (1980) go check it out. It's where the idea for the Scream 2 intro came from as well as being Tom Hanks' film debut...

Comment

From the latest issue (61) of Scream magazine:

Deputy Dewey Riley himself David Arquette has been officially confirmed as part of the cast for the fifth Scream movie. So far, he's the first member of the original film's ensemble to be confirmed as a returning cast member but we doubt he'll be the last. Neve Campbell has revealed she's in conversations to reprise her role as Sidney Prescott and Matthew Lillard has noted he's interested in bringing Stu Macher back to life. Ready Or Not co-writer Guy Busick is writing the script alongside James Vanderbilt (Zodiac). Kevin Williamson will serve as an executive producer. Principal photography is slated to begin in Wilmington, North Carolina later this year once proper safety protocols can be put in place.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                                  X