The Umbrella Academy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Umbrella Academy

The Umbrella Academy is an American superhero web television series based on the comic book series of the same name written by Gerard Way. Created for Netflix by Steve Blackman and developed by Jeremy Slater, it revolves around a dysfunctional family of adopted sibling superheroes who reunite to solve the mystery of their father's death and the threat of an impending apocalypse. The series is produced by Borderline Entertainment, Dark Horse Entertainment, and Universal Cable Productions.

The ensemble cast features Ellen Page, Tom Hopper, David Castañeda, Emmy Raver-Lampman, Robert Sheehan, Aidan Gallagher, Cameron Britton, and Mary J. Blige. The adaptation began development as a film optioned by Universal Pictures in 2011. It was eventually shelved in favor of a television series in 2015, before being officially greenlit by Netflix in July 2017. The series is filmed in Toronto and Hamilton, Ontario.

The first season was released on Netflix on February 15, 2019. In April 2019, Netflix reported that 45 million households had watched season one during its first month of release. That same month, the series was renewed for a second season which was released on July 31, 2020. Both seasons received positive reviews from critics.
    Trailer for Season 1:

Trailer for Season 2:

Did someone else watch this?

Already loved S1 last year and already binge-watched the second season over the weekend - and it's even better!

The cast is phenomenal IMO, you grow to love all of the siblings and their stories. A shame the second season felt so short... definitely gonna re-watch it at some point. Really one of the best series on Netflix at the moment and glad it got such an approval (91% on Rotten Tomatoes for S2, 75% for S1).

Kate Walsh (Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice) also has a big role and she does a brilliant job as well. Probably one of my most favorite villains ever.
    Last edited by Tansike; Mon August 3, 2020, 12:28.

Comment

Great show! Definitely one of the best Netflix originals.

Comment

I’m gonna watch the second series at some point soon. I enjoyed the first season but it took a while for me to get into it.

The second season is receiving such great praise as well.

Comment

I thought S1 was sorta mediocre, but S2 blew my mind. So incredible!
          Akini's Top 100 Artists of the Decade: [7-6]

Comment

Glad I'm not the only one here who watched & liked this!

Originally posted by Spartan View Post
            I’m gonna watch the second series at some point soon. I enjoyed the first season but it took a while for me to get into it.

The second season is receiving such great praise as well.
            Yeah, the second season gets way more praise than the first, so I'm quite sure you'll enjoy S2 more as well if you liked S1.

Comment

Great second season.

Diego can pierce me with his knife anytime he wants to
              BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
              98 - OUT

Comment

• InFamous
                InFamous commented
                Editing a comment
                Careful, recover sufficiently first before any piercing.

• aRat
                aRat commented
                Editing a comment
                I didn't specify which entry sis ;)

Absolutely blasted through S2. So much better than S1, it was great to see all the characters get their own storylines and subplots. And they were all much more likeable this season, even Luther. Sets it up very well for a third season.

Comment

I watched season 1 not really feeling it but its one of those shows that gets better as it goes along. The second season was absolutely fantastic!!
                Love you like a love song!

Comment

I would really like that last episode of Season 2 explained to me.

Comment

Re-watched the first season lately and while it's also a very good season, the second season is just outstanding compared to the first. I'm surprised they haven't confirmed a third season yet.

With that said, the second season has 90% at Rotten Tomatoes based on 77 reviews, the first season has 75% based on 88 reviews.

Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
                    I would really like that last episode of Season 2 explained to me.
                    Well, it's open for speculation I guess, as there are many possibilities to go from there. I'm even more interested into the back story of Reginald Hargreeves...

Comment

Working...
                    X