Ratched (TV Series)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ratched (TV Series)

Ratched is a suspenseful drama series that tells the origin story of asylum nurse Mildred Ratched. In 1947, Mildred arrives in Northern California to seek employment at a leading psychiatric hospital where new and unsettling experiments have begun on the human mind. On a clandestine mission, Mildred presents herself as the perfect image of what a dedicated nurse should be, but the wheels are always turning and as she begins to infiltrate the mental health care system and those within it, Mildred’s stylish exterior belies a growing darkness that has long been smoldering within, revealing that true monsters are made, not born.
    TRAILER
    YOU KNOW ME, I JUST DON'T STOP. | My last.fm

This looks good
    Love you like a love song!

Comment

Looks good. But why you made me Google to see if this was already out and if not when it comes out?

The show premieres Sept 18th 2020 on Netflix.
      I have received many gifts from God,
      but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

Originally posted by beredy View Post
        Looks good. But why you made me Google to see if this was already out and if not when it comes out?

The show premieres Sept 18th 2020 on Netflix.
        The poster in the OP shows the release date though

Comment

Originally posted by Tansike View Post

The poster in the OP shows the release date though
          I need glasses apparently.

Comment

beredy Massive Ryan Murphy stan! This is obligatory to watch and better than a Katy Perry record.

I love the peach scene in the trailer. So good!
            Last edited by Loose; Sun August 30, 2020, 10:06.

Comment

FINAL TRAILER

Comment

Looking forward to this! Paulson is a fantastic actress and it will be nice to see Cynthia Nixon as well.
                My YouTube Channel - The best songs of the 80s, 90s and 2000s

Comment

Can’t wait for this, good cast.

Comment

Excited for this!
                    Love you like a love song!

Comment

The reviews are not kind at all to this.

Comment

Originally posted by beredy View Post
                        The reviews are not kind at all to this.
                        Ryan Murphy is controversial. If you haven’t liked AHS, you have a great chance of not liking this either. He has a certain style that needs to click.

Personally, I love his series but most people I know would prefer a different aesthetic.

Comment

Originally posted by Loose View Post

Ryan Murphy is controversial. If you haven’t liked AHS, you have a great chance of not liking this either. He has a certain style that needs to click.

Personally, I love his series but most people I know would prefer a different aesthetic.
                          The bad reviews actually say the style is great, it's just the story goes nowhere. And he often does have a problem, especially in AHS where the start is good, but at the end it falls apart.

Comment

I thought his worst series was The Politician by far. Didn’t even bother to dive into the 2nd season.

But his horror stuff is very suspenseful. I enjoyed most AHS seasons so far.

Comment

I’m disappointed by the reviews. I was hoping it would be a refreshing watch as opposed to something akin to AHS: later seasons.

Comment

Just finished the second episode and I find it FANTASTIC!
                                Certainly not everybody’s cup of tea. I found Episode 2 (Ice Pick) quite gross in some parts.

However, there are so many interesting side plots that keep you entertained throughout.

And Mildred is just pure evil... I wonder how she got so terribly cruel. I want a lot more background information from her.

I keep progressing throughout the day... I really like the first two episodes and I do not agree with the critics at all.

Comment

Just watched the first episode and it was okay. Feels like a new season of AHS. It was nice to see Porter Scavo from DH and Miranda from SATC.

Comment

Episode 3 is EVERYTHING!! A little hard to digest in my opinion but it’s the episode where first climaxes pop up. I thought that the hydrotherapy was the worst part of it. Little did I know there was more to come.

The pace of the storytelling is extremely well this time. There’s always a new captivating side plot popping up, the tension is extremely high and characters are portrayed in their most extreme facettes.

I‘m falling for Ratched. It’s just so entertaining- in an extreme, exhausting way.

Comment

Episode 6 reveals new insights into Mildred‘s horrible childhood and connection with Edmund.

This series is dwelling HEAVILY on the horror genre if you ask me. One terrifying story after the other is brought to light and it does indeed remind me of the rather graphic horror storytelling of Penny Dreadful and American Horror Story.

The pace significantly slows down from Episode 5 onwards and gives the events of the series more room to breathe.

Nurse Bucket is such a humorous character and I am glad we get to see her very simple mind put into these funny scenes at the dance. Lol.

Can‘t wait for the last 2 episodes tonight.

Comment

Just finished the series - and I cannot wait for Season 2!!

I didn’t like the last two episodes as much as the others though. It seemed like Ryan Murphy tried to rapidly solve everything in Episode 7 and wanted to start a new story arc in Episode 8.

I love the fact that the three women went on a Sex And The City-esque holiday (Nurse Bucket is a treat!!!). However, the series turned from what could have been a thrilling finale into a rather uneventful preview of what’s coming next season.

First 6 episodes were amazing though!

Comment

Originally posted by Loose View Post
                                          I didn’t like the last two episodes as much as the others though. It seemed like Ryan Murphy tried to rapidly solve everything in Episode 7 and wanted to start a new story arc in Episode 8.
                                          Which one of his projects are you talking about here, I can't tell.

Comment

Saw the first two episodes yesterday, but kinda lost interest afterwards (and had to go to bed by then ).

The storyline drags a bit for me, but they all act so strong and I just love the setting. Will try to get back into it over the weekend.

Comment

I loved loved loved the first 4 episodes.

But it does go downhill a bit towards the end, indeed. I would have loved to see a slower resolution over a 10 episode arc.

Ryan Murphy just isn’t that good with ending seasons I believe. I mostly love how he opens up a universe and goes along with great side stories blending into each other, but the unraveling of events towards the end is mostly a bit on the ‚clumsy‘ side.

Keep tryin‘ though, Ryan!

Comment

The setting of the show is very well done, you really have the feeling to dive right into the late 1940s! The rest, however, is just okay. The storylines and characters are a bit confusing, like in many of Ryan Murphy's shows. I like the idea that there are a few actors that he uses in every one of his shows but he shouldn't overexpose them, like he does with Sarah Paulson. She's a fantastic actress but sometimes less is more.

An actress that he should hire again for the future is Cynthia Nixon. Her performance was great, probably the best of the entire show. Sharon Stone, on the other hand, was a bit disappointing. Her character was simply unnecessary.

Comment

I think Sharon Stone brought such a fun component to the show! Not a must indeed, but I definitely remember Ms. Osgoode and Petunia for the rest of my life haha.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X