Lovecraft Country

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lovecraft Country

Not sure if anyone else is watching this, but I just saw the pilot and it's awesome!

Originally posted by Synopsis
    Atticus Black joins his friend Letitia and his Uncle George to embark on a road trip across 1950s Jim Crow America in search of his missing father.
    Akini's Top 100 Artists of the Decade: [#5]

I am enjoying the show though I have no idea where it's going.

Only issue for me is the showing of nothing but White racism, I get it was bad in certain parts of America back then but it's showing every single White person as a violent racist.

Comment

I love it. I love how brutally racist they depict the white people in this show. I mean only Watchmen really went there in terms of showing racism other than slavery in recent times on a large television platform. It is necessary because people don't know it happened. The same as when they depicted the racism towards Mexicans on Penny Dreadful: City of Angels.
      "What goes around comes back around my baby"

Comment

This show is wild. I can barely tell the difference between the real and 'dream' sequences.

Originally posted by aaliyahman View Post
        I love it. I love how brutally racist they depict the white people in this show. I mean only Watchmen really went there in terms of showing racism other than slavery in recent times on a large television platform. It is necessary because people don't know it happened. The same as when they depicted the racism towards Mexicans on Penny Dreadful: City of Angels.
        Yeah, I love this, too!

Comment

I just wish...and this is a personal preference, that the two leads didn't hook up. It's too obvious. It would have been a real eye opener if one of them were gay. There I said it!

Comment

Originally posted by aaliyahman View Post
            I just wish...and this is a personal preference, that the two leads didn't hook up. It's too obvious. It would have been a real eye opener if one of them were gay. There I said it!
            Black and queer in the 1950s is perhaps more of a horror story than the writers were willing to tell!

Comment

^^^every show doesn't need a gay character.....but it is still early in the show's life. Anything is possible.

Comment

Originally posted by dylonj View Post
                ^^^every show doesn't need a gay character.....but it is still early in the show's life. Anything is possible.
                Why not?

I love the series btw but being black and gay myself, it's a narrative that would be amazing. Racism from the white side and homophobia from the black community. There were definitely a few undertones from episode 2.

I'm loving it so far although the last scene with the ghosts seemed a little bit cheap.

Comment

My friends have been raving about this on Facebook.

Comment

Looks like I was right

Although I stil despise the 'father' for treating the Siren like that after all she'd been through.

Comment

This week's episode was definitely my second-favourite after the pilot. I loved it. I'm not terribly surprised by the reveal of Atticus's father's love interest. It supports a lot of his anger.

I heard that there's a podcast that I can listen to that covers this show and features one of the show's producers. I'll probably check that out at some point.

Comment

Last night's episode was awesome - the best one yet!

Comment

Working...
                        X