No announcement yet.

RuPaul's Drag Race UK: Season 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sad Veronica did not come back and even though I was happy for Joe, I was kind of hoping they'd choose Cherry.

About the challenge, I enjoyed the first team. And I agreed with all placements. The only note from me: Ellie's costume was horrible. Can't believe they liked, especially Michelle. Joe's look was very clever and well executed - but she deserved to go home again.

Now about RuPaul. I thought it was a little rude. She could have said the same thing in different tone. Also, not everybody have the money, especially after seven months in quarantine with little income which it means I don't think the break helped half of the cast in that aspect.

My faves so far: Lawrence, Tayce (for the first time), Tia, Bimini and A'Whora - but I can't picture Tia in the final 3 yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by UnapologeticKenny View Post
      Now about RuPaul. I thought it was a little rude. She could have said the same thing in different tone. Also, not everybody have the money, especially after seven months in quarantine with little income which it means I don't think the break helped half of the cast in that aspect.
      I think Ru was completely justified actually. How many times is Tia going to under deliver before she gets it? Why on earth did Joe think a H&M dress was going to cut it? He even called it basic when describing it to the others.

I don’t think Ru is wrong to call them out and remind them that this is as big as it’s going to get for them. There is no larger platform for a career in drag and they are squandering the opportunity.

The money thing I understand, but a great look doesn’t need to be expensive. As long as you have needle and thread the world is their oyster. So what I think Ru was getting at is that he isn’t seeing them invest in themselves and the opportunity and I completely agree.

I said "Lily, Oh Lily I'm so afraid, I fear I am walking in the Veil of Darkness".
      And she said "Child, take what I say with a pinch of salt... and protect yourself with fire".

Kate Bush - Lily

Comment

• Yes yes, I completely understand that. She has the right to feel disappointed. But what I meant was that she could have said that with a better attitude - it was almost like she was angry with them for looking cheap Even the queens were a little shocked on "untucked".

Maybe this was the episode she was called out by someone, I don't know. That would justify her reaction for me.

PS.: She was great after the "conversation" with Tia talking about the team that helps her to look like a goddess
        Last edited by UnapologeticKenny; Fri February 12, 2021, 04:08.

Comment

• Literally all tia had to do was make the bottom a cone and the top a bit bigger. I do not understand why she didn't.
          Rolling back the rivers in time...

Comment

• With her looks Tia just reminds me of those young drag queens you see in bars that have only been doing it a few weeks. She really needs to step it up.
            1 Yung Bae |2 DJ Snake|3 Birdy|4 MK |5 Sofia Carson

Comment

• There’s only so much stepping up you can do when you’ve already brought the only things you have. Money for clothes and sewing lessons isn’t viable during a pandemic. Chances are the rest of Tia’s looks are gonna be cheap so people should expect it.

Comment

• Bringing back an eliminated queen just to eliminate her immediately. Talk about abuse They love to see that, don't they?
                Ru read the girls for filth and she was quite right to do so.
                Money is one thing yes, but talent, creativity and execution are priceless.
                They gave Tia so many passes because of her personality.

And it's now official, I cannot stand A'Whora. What a self-absorb biatch.

The episode was incredible, and I'm about to stream the **** out of UK HUN.
                5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• IMO Joe should not have been in the bottom! He was awesome in the challenge! I think that RuPaul doesn't get this type of drag. Ellie's look was awful.
                  Haven't been early since '88

Comment

• Joe was terrible in the challenge! That whole group were
                    LJC--->>

Comment

• Originally posted by mattsky View Post
                      IMO Joe should not have been in the bottom! He was awesome in the challenge! I think that RuPaul doesn't get this type of drag. Ellie's look was awful.
                      I agree Ru doesn’t get Joe’s type of drag. It’s very Victorian gothic comic and doesn’t lend itself well to the competition. But I don’t think Joe is particularly good at it either - I’ve seen better and Joe himself said he was very set in his ways with it.
                      I said "Lily, Oh Lily I'm so afraid, I fear I am walking in the Veil of Darkness".
                      And she said "Child, take what I say with a pinch of salt... and protect yourself with fire".

Kate Bush - Lily

Comment

• UK Hun is #1 on UK iTunes

Comment

• Originally posted by jason2379 View Post
                          There’s only so much stepping up you can do when you’ve already brought the only things you have. Money for clothes and sewing lessons isn’t viable during a pandemic. Chances are the rest of Tia’s looks are gonna be cheap so people should expect it.
                          Are sewing lessons even a thing? I can sew and it’s really not hard. Even if you can’t use a sewing machine, hand stitching works incredibly well and ultimately all it is is tying material together using a price of thread.

It also doesn’t need to be expensive. Material can be relatively cheap, if bought by the metre as oppose to the roll and there is absolutely nothing wrong with repurposing existing clothes and turning it into something else.

The H&M dress for example, could easily have been panelled with something black, shortened and styled into something bespoke. The gloves were literally from the 1 shop. Joe could have turned it into some sort of leotard, using the excess material to create a bow or something on the back or used the sleeves and created leg warmers, or even finger gloves... something that made it look like a a girl group outfit. There was just a total lack of imagination.

Kate Bush - Lily

Comment

• Well I guess if you have a knack for sewing then props to you. It doesn’t come naturally to everyone
                            Last edited by jason2379; Fri February 12, 2021, 14:33.

Comment

• Originally posted by jason2379 View Post
                              Well I guess if you have a knack for sewing then props to you. It doesn’t come naturally to everyone
                              All they had to do was watch a few YouTube tutorials then and practise. They had seven months. Plus I honestly don’t understand why anyone would enter Drag Race without being to sew.

Kate Bush - Lily

Comment

• Tayce positioned herself as a potential finalist in that episode, you could tell she came back to grab the competition by the balls.

Ellie’s outfit really was terrible, I can’t believe her and SS are still in it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                                  Tayce positioned herself as a potential finalist in that episode, you could tell she came back to grab the competition by the balls.

Ellie’s outfit really was terrible, I can’t believe her and SS are still in it.

I agree!
                                  Haven't been early since '88

Comment

• I thought they're joking how gr8 Ellie's outfit was.

That was terrible, kids costume for halloween.

You could tell how much Veronica is missing in the show now. Also I agree about Tayce, she came back as finalist im her mindset, she came back so strong.
                                    BEST SONGS&ALBUMS OF 2017
                                    YOURS, FOREVER. // JOSS JONES (Tracklist)

Comment

• V sad to see Veronica leave but she’ll be the one to beat in S3.

So glad to see Joe Black Back but she was very poor in the challenge. The whole group were really, although I thought Tia and Scissor Sister were good. Tia’s outfit was atrocious, I wouldn’t wear that out for Halloween. In some ways I love how styleless she is

Bimini killed the challenge for me, but all of UK D really served it! Lawrence stepped up to the challenge.

Bimini is really becoming one of my favourites, I hope she continues on the uptick!

The H&M moment was very justified for me. Tia slayed the lip sync again. She better perform for Snatch!
                                      You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

• UK Hun on iTunes
                                        #1 United Kingdom (=)
                                        #17 Israel (NE)
                                        #30 Ireland (+17)
                                        #33 Australia (NE)
                                        #51 United Kingdom (+6)
                                        #73 Poland (NE)
                                        #79 Netherlands (NE)
                                        #108 Canada (+118)
                                        #229 United States (+186)
                                        #450 Germany (NE)

on Apple Music
                                        #85 United Kingdom (+768)
                                        #330 Ireland (NE)

That's actually a very good performance for a Drag Race song!
                                        Somehow the stuff from the UK series does way better on iTunes than basically everything from the US series

Comment

• I feel like we're in for an amazing Snatch Game.
                                          5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• I’m actually not really looking forward to it. Have we seen any of them do good impersonations so far?

Comment

• As a big Eurovision fan, I expected way more from an episode called RuRuvision - but it still was a good episode.

Was fun to see how they returned - I was shocked seeing Sister Sister though. Why would you do that to your face? She was the clear standout of her group in the main challenge though, so she went from a negative surprise to an unexpected positive surprise for me. At least the first time she stood out due to whatever reasons.

Ugh, Veronica. She was my fave alongside Tia, and someone who could have won the whole thing. So very sad seeing her go like this, hopefully she will have the same strength (or even more) next season. For the other six it must have been a great exchange having a great competitor out while the first eliminated queen gets back.

Joe deserved to be back for sure, he was robbed in the first challenge IMO. And even though I thought the runway should have kept him safe this week, I wasn't too mad seeing him go again. Also felt "fair" to everyone else. The lipsync was awesome, Tia is so unique but good doing them, an unexpected lipsync assassin!

Speaking of Tia... she was my fave... but oh, what a disappointment. I'm not sure if she will be able to recover from that, but Snatch Game could basically be her challenge, so finger's crossed.

Ellie keeps fading into the background. I agree with many others here, her runway wasn't that outstanding at all.

Not a fan of a whole group winning a challenge, takes away the worth of a win. But hey, they're only winning badges, so why not?
                                              Though I must say the United Kingdoll group was definitely way better and they were also the better ones on the runway. They all did really well, I think I actually enjoyed Lawrence' runway the most, while I think Bimini should have been the sole winner this week.

Annoyed how A'Whora went back to being a bi*ch. Though she looked flawless in the challenge and very strong on the runway, too.
                                              Trayce also had a great challenge and good runway.

Excited for Snatch Game, I hope it will be good!

Comment

• Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
                                                Dreadful week this week, absolute waste of a Eurovision theme, there wasn't a single nod to Eurovision at all, they could have done so much more with parodys etc, even the runway theme could have had a Eurovision theme, there would have been so much to work with. Instead we got ANOTHER challenge of "My names ____ and I'm here for the crown" "rapping", what on earth does that have to do with Eurovision?

I think Sister Sister and Ellie Diamond should have been bottom 2 IMO. Also, why did they make out like the first group were amazing and the second group was terrible? They were almost equally bad.

Other things this week...Joe Black had my favourite runway look of the season, where as Tia had another shocker of an outfit, loved Ru letting rip at them, Awhora has come back from lockdown a spiteful cow again (I'm getting serious Helen Wood vibes from her), can't believe how many of them have gone for cosmetic surgery in lockdown when they're so young (also how did they manage that when most people struggled to even get a haircut in lockdown?). Sad Veronica went as she was a standout, but I'm glad to hear a third season is confirmed.
                                                Exactly what I thought!

Tayce and A’whora are bumping uglies now and basically living together so you can see that from the resuming of the show.

I don’t know, I’m still pressed that the awful Phil Doran has gotten so far on one of my favourite shows.

I hope Tayce wins. I was rooting for Tia but she consistently looks a mess. Veronica was my other hope. Lawrence is funny but for me, it’s one note.
                                                "What goes around comes back around my baby"

Comment

• The queens in lockdown special revealed that Ginny Lemon is in an ugly throuple and their houses are all a mess Poor Ellie’s family had to all move out of their collective home as they couldn’t afford the rent anymore!

I’ve had the song in my head all weekend, it’s addictive.

Comment

• 20 years ago, it would have gone to #1.

Kate Bush - Lily

Comment

Working...
                                                    X