No announcement yet.

RuPaul's Drag Race UK: Season 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn’t think it would be the ‘hit’ that it is. I wrote it off after last years Break Up (Bye Bye)

Comment

• Ok, does someone knows if "Break Up (Bye Bye)" ever made the Spotify chart? Because "UK Hun?" just made it to #64 on UK Spotify

Comment

• Good episode this week. Team Lawrence were clearly better, but I didn't think Team Joe were that bad actually. Also, totally sucks that Veronica wasn't able to return and not a single queen voted for Cherry Valentine to come back! Also, three consecutive wins for Lawrence is pretty damn impressive. Not sure I see a legitimate challenge to a Lawrence crowning.
        Your heart is coloured with the love wrapped in the brilliant blue sky above, the breadth of the jewelled oceans, and the pure heat of the golden sun. And your heart is home to the cosmic creation that is you.

Comment

• What a rollercoaster this epsiode.

First the queens coming back after 7 months. Poor Veronica having to leave the show due to catching COVID. I'm happy for her that she got a guaranteed spot in season 3 though.
          The gag of bringing an eliminated girl back. I was happy at first that they chose Joe Black, because I though she had so much more to show and to bring to the competition. But she definitely left me disappointed and was rightfully eliminated this week.

The RuRuVision theme was such a letdown. When I heard about the theme sometime ago I was so excited, but it was basically just a group/rap challenge that they always do. They should've had the girls do a solo performance to an own version of a Eurovision classic. And why wasn't the runway Eurovision themed? Such a lost opportunity.

The United Kingdolls killed it for sure and were the winner without a doubt. I just didn't like how the whole group were crowned this week's winners. Really would've wanted Bimini to win. She's been doing so well these past few weeks. She deserves a win. Hopefully she can bring it next week in Snatch Game.
          I'm not a Lawrence Chaney fan and I do think that the judges sometimes are a bit biased when it comes to her, but she did step her pussy up and delivered in a challenge where she wasn't comfortable. So kuddos to her!

BananaDrama... my god. The group definitely suffered from Joe's refusal to learn any bit of choreography. Now they just ended up with these basic and childish dance moves and a "funny" moment that lost all its charm because they kept repeating it. I think with Cherry Valentine or Asttina they would've had a much fairer chance to compete with the other group.

Sister Sister deserved to be safe. She was probably the best of the group in the challenge. But gurllll, you stole that outfit idea from A'Whora... you're not going to convince me you didn't lol. But still her inferior copycat outfit was better than some of the others in the bottom.
          Tia's outfit was kind of embarrassing again. I love her so much and she does well in the challenges. Her personality is golden. But I hoped she would come back with improved loos. This must be a reality check for her because she will be out if she keeps bringing these awful looks to the runway.

Ellie Diamond was awful. She just doesn't stand out to me. No personality and in the performance she just faded into the background. I just don't get what the judges saw in that terrible runway look. It looked like something you would buy in a party store. If that's drag, we all could buy a costume like that. She should've been in the bottom 2.
          Joe Black's outfit was really cool, but her look in the performance was cringey and she just didn't try at all. You think when you get a second chance you would it you all, but she didn't and that led her to be in the bottom two.

Tia killed it again in another lipsync. She's such a joy to watch. The death drop at the end had me laughing tears. She's entertainment gold. Now step up your looks gurl!

Excited for Snatch Game next week. I hope the queens will deliver!
          "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Comment

• Originally posted by Noahh View Post
            Joe Black's outfit was really cool, but her look in the performance was cringey and she just didn't try at all. You think when you get a second chance you would it you all, but she didn't and that led her to be in the bottom two.
            I wonder if, because Joe's looks and ideas are usually quite gothy and Tim Burton, if she thought her pink H&M dress was a Europop colourful look Also I agree, the full team shouldn't have won, they should have still picked a winner and that should have been Bimini as she was were my eyes were drawn to throughout their performance.
            1 Pale Waves |2 Fred Falke|3 Louie Vega|4 Riton |5 Rag N Bone Man

Comment

• Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post

I wonder if, because Joe's looks and ideas are usually quite gothy and Tim Burton, if she thought her pink H&M dress was a Europop colourful look Also I agree, the full team shouldn't have won, they should have still picked a winner and that should have been Bimini as she was were my eyes were drawn to throughout their performance.
              I agree. Bimini stole the show and she had the best verse lyrically.
              "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Comment

• Bimini needs a win soon, she’s being slept on in the shadow of Lawrence.

Comment

• I don’t see Bimini winning Snatch Game as Ru is just going to laugh like a hyena as soon as Lawrence opens her mouth. I’ve grown to like Bimini and I’m hoping she can surprise us on Snatch Game.
                  Queuing for Girls Aloud reunion tickets since 2013

#FreeBritney

Comment

• This is possibly turning out to be the best season of Drag Race ever, each episode has been iconic.

Also, Bimini's partner happens to be a dear friend of mine I go way back with, I was so surprised to see them in the cast when it was announced. My friend showed me their pics in 2017, it's amazing how fast they evolved as a drag artist in such a short timeframe.

#TeamBimini or #TeamLawrence for the crown
                    ​​​​​

Comment

• I didn’t like Bimini after the first episode but now he’s my fave on the show! Hope he takes the crown!!!

Comment

• So "UK Hun?" just got back up to #1 on UK iTunes, while it's still #87 on UK Spotify and #74 on Apple Music. It was #25 on yesterday's midweek update. Will it surpass the #35 peak of "Break Up (Bye Bye)" from Season 1?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                          So "UK Hun?" just got back up to #1 on UK iTunes, while it's still #87 on UK Spotify and #74 on Apple Music. It was #25 on yesterday's midweek update. Will it surpass the #35 peak of "Break Up (Bye Bye)" from Season 1?
                          Hope so! I don't remember Break Up have a presence on streaming.

Comment

• Wednesday morning = insta ranking time!

#1 (=) Tayce - 282,057 (+52,389)
                            #2 (=) Bimini Bon-Boulash - 235,337 (+76,676)
                            #3 (=) Lawrence Chaney - 202,777 (+46,860)
                            #4 (+1) A'Whora - 161,256 (+49,868)
                            #5 (-1) Joe Black - 137,259 (+16,666; 8th)
                            #6 (+1) Tia Kofi - 130,751 (+32,168)
                            #7 (+2) Veronica Green - 113,386 (+22,424, 9th)
                            #8 (=) Cherry Valentine - 108,423 (+11,310, 12th)
                            #9 (-3) Ginny Lemon - 106,708 (+4,232, 10th)
                            #10 (=) Asttina Mandella - 96,747 (+6,812, 11th)
                            #11 (=) Ellie Diamond - 71,243 (+3,363)
                            #12 (=) Sister Sister - 35,044 (+4,126)

Compared to a week ago.

Tia Kofi, Cherry Valentine and Veronica Green all passed 100k followers this week. Asttina may get there next week, so there are only two left that are still far away from 100k: Ellie Diamond and Sister Sister. Speaking of those two, iirc for the first time since doing this ranking, Sister Sister doesn't have the smallest increase in new followers, as Ellie takes that "crown" this week.

Bimini and Lawrence both passed 200k followers. The whole winner group (those two alongside Tayce and A'Whora) have some huge increases - I guess this group challenge is the new thing to win on the series (Frock Destroyers also did have a huge boost through that challenge).
                            Bimini's increase is HUGE by the way. She's slowly becoming the one to beat it seems.

Another shoutout goes to Tia Kofi, who has by far the biggest increase from the "looser group" of the challenge this week. She just wins with her personality it seems <3

Side note: It was kinda sad how they showed nothing of Veronica Green in the latest episode. I think she deserved some kind of "tribute" for her departure. Also, I'm sure she would have slayed that challenge.

Comment

So "UK Hun?" just got back up to #1 on UK iTunes, while it's still #87 on UK Spotify and #74 on Apple Music. It was #25 on yesterday's midweek update. Will it surpass the #35 peak of "Break Up (Bye Bye)" from Season 1?
                              The BBC needs to send the United Kingdolls to the ESC haha.
                              5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Since there's no other topic to post these, I hope you guys don't mind it when I post the updated for "UK Hun?" here...

Still #1 on iTunes with an even bigger lead now.
                                Also #56 (+31) on UK Spotify and #70 on UK Apple Music.

I can't at this even rising back up on the Spotify chart. This is so unexpected!

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post

The BBC needs to send the United Kingdolls to the ESC haha.
                                  Yes please!

I think not sending the Frock Destroyers was already a missed opportunity.

Comment

Yes please!

I think not sending the Frock Destroyers was already a missed opportunity.
                                    Please no, the Eurovision is not the platform for this kind of song, it will not perform well at all, the Eurovision has moved on too much in recent years, but sadly I feel that the BBC has not moved along with it, and I could easily see them thinking this is a good idea too.
                                    1 Pale Waves |2 Fred Falke|3 Louie Vega|4 Riton |5 Rag N Bone Man

Comment

• Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post

Please no, the Eurovision is not the platform for this kind of song, it will not perform well at all, the Eurovision has moved on too much in recent years, but sadly I feel that the BBC has not moved along with it, and I could easily see them thinking this is a good idea too.
                                      I get you and agree a bit, but to be fair, those Drag songs would still be way better than most of UK's entries from the last decade...

Comment

• The UK is never going to win Eurovision, so we might as well have some fun with it.

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post
                                          The UK is never going to win Eurovision, so we might as well have some fun with it.
                                          Agree, would rather see a Drag Race group do some death drops and splits than watch a bland white man sing a bland song that even Radio 2 would turn their nose up at.

Comment

• This song is everywhere!!! So funny! I reckon these four the front runners now.

Snatch game predictions?
                                            LJC--->>

Comment

• I’d have said Lorraine Kelly for Lawrence but it seems too obvious... maybe Nicola Sturgeon? Unless he can do accents.

A’whora should do Katie Price for sure. I wish someone would do Lisa Scott-Lee.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                                                I wish someone would do Lisa Scott-Lee.
                                                Just invite Lisa to be in Snatch Game - she’d be so lost and bound to say something iconic

I can see Lawrence doing Mary Queen of Scots - basically getting completely free reign to camp it up and throw a load of shade about queens having it out for her.

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Yeah if Awhora is smart she’d do Katie Price but might just be a rehash of her Essex gal.

Lawrence should do Susan Boyle
                                                  LJC--->>

Comment

• Originally posted by LJC123 View Post
                                                    Yeah if Awhora is smart she’d do Katie Price but might just be a rehash of her Essex gal.

Lawrence should do Susan Boyle
                                                    Susan has Aspergers, so I’m not sure she’s the best person to impersonate for comedic effect.

#FreeBritney

Comment

Working...
                                                    X