No announcement yet.

Framing Britney Spears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

It was on TV here in the Netherlands. I feel for her. She loved to sing and dance since she was five and now she is THAT unhappy that she refuses to do what she loves most in life.

How can people live with themselves, seeing how they destroy celebrities?
      My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

The documentary will be aired in Portugal on Monday.

Last edited by JeremySpears; Mon February 22, 2021, 13:00.
        Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

The documentary has a 100% score on Rotten Tomatoes.

Comment

It only has 5 reviews and the average is 6.25/ 10.

Comment

And still 100%....

Comment

Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                It only has 5 reviews and the average is 6.25/ 10.
                Why are you pressed about Britney. I mean did you come here just to make a shitty comment?
                It's just a fling baby, fling baby, nothing more than a fling baby, fling baby.

Comment

The documentary airs in Norway tonight and is now available to stream in Finland.

Comment

Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post

Why are you pressed about Britney. I mean did you come here just to make a shitty comment?
                    I think you are the one who appears to be pressed. I simply provided some context on the 100 percent, which is 5 reviews.

No idea why you seem to be so bothered lately or why that would be such a big deal to you.
                    ---

OT - Watched this doc last night and the way the paparazzi treated and hounded Britney was shameful. No one should have been subject to that. A disgrace.

Comment

Finally watched. Can’t believe how far we’ve come in a relatively short time, the way here mental state was ridiculed and the press hounded her like a bloodsport is crazy to see now. The questions she was asked in her early career too, horrible! I’m surprised she was able to stay resilient and upbeat for so long.

It’s so clear to see she was mis-sold the conservatorship at her most vulnerable point, it was really sad to see how trapped she felt in that documentary clip not long after and now we’re 12 years on.

Comment

Originally posted by InFamous View Post

I think you are the one who appears to be pressed. I simply provided some context on the 100 percent, which is 5 reviews.

No idea why you seem to be so bothered lately or why that would be such a big deal to you.
                        ---

OT - Watched this doc last night and the way the paparazzi treated and hounded Britney was shameful. No one should have been subject to that. A disgrace.
                        I mean you know exactly what you were replying for. But sure play dumb sis.
                        It's just a fling baby, fling baby, nothing more than a fling baby, fling baby.

Comment

Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post

I mean you know exactly what you were replying for. But sure play dumb sis.
                          Go argue with someone else please and stop looking for drama when theres none.

Comment

Comment

Been playing my favorite Britney songs the last few days. It's so weird to listen to lyrics as Stronger and My Prerogative. Must be hard to sing those songs now. And songs like Lucky and Overprotected get a whole new layer after watching the documentary.
                              My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

Is it possible to watch it somewhere?
                                BEST SONGS&ALBUMS OF 2017
                                YOURS, FOREVER. // JOSS JONES (Tracklist)

Comment

I have not been able to see this yet, but I have just watched the Diane Sawyer interview from 2003. I really wish I'd seen this years ago. I've never been a fan of Britney, at all. But I'm shocked watching this interview. Britney seems like a beautiful person in this interview, and DS comes across as a total c***. I can't believe what I'm watching, it's one thing being an interviewer giving a hard time to someone like Prince Andrew, but a 21 year old pop star who hadn't done anything wrong, nuh huh, I mean there was one point where DS was justifying a woman saying she wanted to shoot Britney for being a bad role model for her kids, wtf. I need to see this show now, I feel like I have misjudged Britney.
                                  1 Pale Waves |2 Fred Falke|3 Louie Vega|4 Riton |5 Rag N Bone Man

Comment

Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
                                    I have not been able to see this yet, but I have just watched the Diane Sawyer interview from 2003. I really wish I'd seen this years ago. I've never been a fan of Britney, at all. But I'm shocked watching this interview. Britney seems like a beautiful person in this interview, and DS comes across as a total c***. I can't believe what I'm watching, it's one thing being an interviewer giving a hard time to someone like Prince Andrew, but a 21 year old pop star who hadn't done anything wrong, nuh huh, I mean there was one point where DS was justifying a woman saying she wanted to shoot Britney for being a bad role model for her kids, wtf. I need to see this show now, I feel like I have misjudged Britney.
                                    Definitely! The doc was a reminder of how much of a fun, strong character she was, full of personality. She’s a shell of that now, it’s really sad.

Comment

96% on Rotten Tomatoes - 25 critic reviews.

So far the only episode (out of 6) of the season that has a Rotten Tomatoes score.

This has been acclaimed, it caused a huge (positive) reaction on Internet and social media, it created a lot of discussion and it even made Justin Timberlake issue a public apology in addition of boosting Britney’s catalogue of music big time on the different music platforms.

The interest, buzz, reception and reviews were so good for this documentary that now Netflix is working on their own Britney documentary.
                                      Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                      Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncι . Rihanna

Comment

Originally posted by croatiaxtina View Post
                                        Is it possible to watch it somewhere?
                                        Try this:
                                        https://britney-online.net/download-...nch-subtitles/

Comment

‘Framing Britney Spears’ Filmmakers Say There’s More Than Enough Material for a Followup

Interest in Spears' life and story is buzzing since the debut of the New York Times documentary on Hulu, sparking questions about a possible sequel.

Pop icon Britney Spears’ life, career, and conservatorship got a much overdue new spotlight with the documentary “Framing Britney Spears,” now streaming on Hulu from New York Times Presents. The film features a sweeping overview of her stardom and the circumstances that led to her father, Jamie Spears, managing her affairs and estate, and has sparked enough buzz that even Netflix is reportedly working on its own take on the singer. A recent The Hollywood Reporter interview with director Samantha Stark and writer Liz Day has revealed that the filmmakers have more than enough material for a follow-up of their own.

“There was so much we had to leave on the cutting room floor and in our notebooks just for time. And also since the documentary aired, we’ve gotten a lot of information that we’re interested in as well that we’re interested in pursuing and reporting out further,” Day said.

Stark said of the possible angles a sequel documentary could take a look at. “I think there’s way more to learn about the circumstances of the conservatorship and how the conservatorship has been running and why, the people involved in its creation and running it.”

In terms of the film’s real-world impact, Stark added, “Right now, Jamie Spears is the face of this because he’s the person that was named in the court filings that were filed by Britney’s court-appointed attorney. But it’s clear that he’s not the only person who was working on this and that he’s not the only person that has benefited monetarily from this, so I think it’s important to look into everything. And of course it will be very important to keep following the court hearings as they keep happening.”

The reported Netflix documentary is said to be directed by Erin Lee Carr, whose name will be familiar to some true crime fans. She was the director behind HBO’s popular Gypsy Rose Blanchard documentary “Mommy, Dead and Dearest,” from 2017, as well as another recent HBO documentary, “I Love You: The Commonwealth vs. Michelle Carter.” Carr’s most recent feature is “At the Heart of Gold” about the sexual abuse scandal in Olympic gymnastics.
                                          https://www.indiewire.com/2021/02/fr...rs-1234618247/

Britney really owns 2021 so far huh?

I think this sequel will happen simply because the first one is so huge. There’s still plenty of stuff they can discuss that was missing in the first one. They could make a whole documentary on the snake Lou Taylor alone.

Comment

Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
                                            I never understood why people tried to cancel Ellen for being mean ( allegedly) yet Diane S gets a pass. She was the absolute worst. That bit was shocking to me also. Like who tried to excuse someone for saying that she would shoot a person. Disgusting.

Comment

I was a bit underwhelmed by the documentary if I'm being honest - there wasn't enough focus on the conservatorship or the fall out in recent years of that.

But it did tell the story of her breakdown and everything pre/post that well - and I definitely do feel that she has been both mistreated and misunderstood. Shocking to see how the paparazzi treated her in 2007/2009.

Comment

Comment

I love how everyone around, who usually never talk about her or listen to her music, suddenly feel sorry for hear after reading all of the current news / watching the documentary.

This may be a turning point in her career again. That Netflix docu will have an even bigger impact. Her power is undeniable.

Comment

John Mayer almost cried watching the documentary:

Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                                    Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncι . Rihanna

Comment

Working...
                                                    X