Framing Britney Spears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

‘Framing Britney Spears’ Sells Globally For Red Arrow Studios International

Red Arrow Studios International has closed a raft of global sales for controversial feature documentary “Framing Britney Spears.”

The documentary shines a light on the Queen of Pop’s court battle for control of her estate and also re-examines the media’s handling of her life and career. Since its early February debut, the film has been generating considerable attention around the world.

International sales include Sky (U.K. & Ireland), Nine (Australia), Crave (Canada), Three (New Zealand), Talpa TV (the Netherlands), NRK (Norway), TV2 (Denmark), TV4 (Sweden & Finland), Discovery (Italy), Originals Factory (French & German-speaking Europe), OSN (Middle East), Odisea / Odisseia (Spain & Portugal), HOT8 (Israel), Yes (Israel), DPG (Belgium) and CANAL Plus Poland.

In addition, TV2, Nine, Crave, Odisea / Odisseia, HOT8 and Yes have also acquired the entire “The Weekly: Special Edition” documentary collection, which includes “Framing Britney Spears.”

Tim Gerhartz, senior VP of global sales at Red Arrow Studios International, said: “Over the last few weeks, “Framing Britney Spears” has captured the pop culture zeitgeist, generating a huge amount of social media coverage and think pieces about how the media and society at large viewed the pop icon. As a result of the documentary there has been a resurgence of interest around Britney Spears’ ongoing conservatorship battle and some vital retrospective reckoning about how she — and other women in entertainment — have been treated. It’s fantastic to welcome this top-class line-up of broadcasters on board and to bring this important story to screens internationally.”

The documentary is directed by Samantha Stark and produced by The New York Times and Left/Right, a Red Arrow Studios company, for FX and Hulu in the U.S. It is executive produced by Jason Stallman, Sam Dolnick and Stephanie Preiss from The New York Times, and Ken Druckerman, Banks Tarver and Mary Robertson from Left/Right.
    https://variety.com/2021/tv/global/f...es-1234912994/
    Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

Kevin Federline's son Kaleb has posted this on his Instagram account today.
      It's cool to see him speaking up for Britney even though he's not her son.
      "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Comment

I guess the sequel is confirmed now?
        Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

It would be nice to have a documentary like this more wideley available. Imagine if it would be available to stream on Netflix/Youtube/Amazon Prime. The effect would be huge.
          aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

Another Britney moment from SNL:

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
                It would be nice to have a documentary like this more wideley available. Imagine if it would be available to stream on Netflix/Youtube/Amazon Prime. The effect would be huge.
                Netflix is already working on their own Britney documentary btw. So that’s coming.

... and I’m pretty sure within some years Hollywood will produce her biopic film too.
                Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncι . Rihanna

Comment

Originally posted by LotsOfLove View Post
                  I love how everyone around, who usually never talk about her or listen to her music, suddenly feel sorry for hear after reading all of the current news / watching the documentary.

This may be a turning point in her career again. That Netflix docu will have an even bigger impact. Her power is undeniable.
                  Yeah, people around me have been talking about this as well and are shocked what happened / happens to her. And I‘m like duh, I knew for a while

Comment

The documentary had a big impact and reaction. And yes, the information wasn’t anything new or different to me but that’s because I’m a fan so obviously I was following the case and I already knew everything. This documentary was excellent for the casual listener or the general public that are not normally checking on music forums or that stuff though.

It’s impressive that in 2019 a few fans were deemed as delusional and that the #FreeBritney movement was just a conspiracy theory and look how far it escalated, not only #FreeBritney was proven as real (by herself and her lawyer on court documents) but we have NY Times releasing a major documentary and Netflix working on their own version now. This is now joined by millions and even some celebrities supporting what is considered now an industry social movement called #FreeBritney.

I’m not sure if Britney will get legal justice in this lifetime but at least she deserves some public image / Human justice for all the previous mistreat .. and this documentary put her under an incredibly positive light as a person and completely changed the perception of the story.
                    Last edited by MrLeonix; Yesterday, 23:37.
                    Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                    Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncι . Rihanna

Comment

Working...
                    X