RuPaul's Drag Race UK: Season 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by breatheonme View Post
    Is it just me or did you also get the impression that Ella just gave up mid episode? During the christmas song, there were moments where she wasn't lipsyncing well. Then her runway outfit was HORRIBLE! (and make up too..) and then during the final lipsync she really didn't even try (and also missed some lyrics). Is it just me or she just didn't want to win in the end?

I was rooting for Ella but she disappointed me. I still am shocked about that final dress. It was truly atrocious

During the final lipsync I thought Kitty was going to win. But I'm glad Krystal snatched it in the end. Her runway look was amazing.
    gotta agree with all this, ella's final look was a choice.
    and kitty did seem like a lot of fun in the final lipsync. a worthy runner up
    what's going on?

Comment

• So my thoughts:

Ella had the best track record, but for me she was the weakest in this final episode - I didn’t notice her in the song that much, the outfit was ok and the lipsync was painfully mediocre. Not sure what happened there because Kitty and Krystal were eating her up.

I was convinced it would be either Kitty or Ella winning, imo Kitty was the best when combining track record and final episode.

I’m ok with Krystal winning, she kicked ass in the final episode! I still think it was Kitty’s to win and Krystal maybe needed more time to fully develop but congrats to her nonetheless.

Also, loved Veronica’s look
      last.fm

Comment

• I strongly felt Kitty wouldn’t win because Lawrence was last year’s winner.

Comment

• Based on the final runway, the right queen was chosen.
          Kitty and Ella looked a mess.
          I got spoiled about the outcome yesterday. But the finale felt lacklustre. I don't get why they don't do a "live" show like in the US. Much more entertaining and fab.
          5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
            Based on the final runway, the right queen was chosen.
            Kitty and Ella looked a mess.
            I got spoiled about the outcome yesterday. But the finale felt lacklustre. I don't get why they don't do a "live" show like in the US. Much more entertaining and fab.

i hate the live finals, it drags on forever, and all the nobody’s in the audience in drag screaming and bursting into tears.
            1 Ministers De La Funk |2 James Morrison|3 Gryffin |4 Wet Leg |5 NOTD

Comment

• What a great season of UK race and Krystal was a deserving winner. Problem with Kitty and Ella was they got too over confident. Kitty going on and on about the badges got annoying and her final runway look was sub-par - being a funny queen gets you so far. Krystal was the most polished and slayed that choreo.
              I agree that Ella kind of gave up as the finale went on and them silver shoes with that iffy dress? Still she is a great runner up. Nice to see all the girls returning for Ru's Christmas song.
              Episode rating 9.3

​​

Comment

• Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post

i hate the live finals, it drags on forever, and all the nobody’s in the audience in drag screaming and bursting into tears.
                Agreed. I enjoy the those finals way more than the live finals. Also feels more like an actual episodes, live finals are rarely good (also including other series out there, not just Drag Race).

Comment

• Originally posted by Bazmedia View Post
                  being a funny queen gets you so far.
                  It kinda worked for Jinkx Monsoon and Bob the Drag Queen back in the day tho

I for one miss having a winner that is awarded just for their sheer performance/comedic skills. It feels like those talents are not necessarily a must when it comes to look/fashion queens, but not the other way around anymore.

​​​​​

​​​​

Comment

• Anubis was voted Miss Congeniality by her fellow S3 sisters, becoming the youngest and earliest eliminated to get that title.

Comment

• I wanted Ella to win but she wasn't it that episode.

She should have gone for a younger look (wig) in the christmas song and the finale outfit was also just not elevated.

Kitty won the episode for me. I am shocked Krystal won. I like her but I don't think she deserved it based on the numbers (which it's obvious mean nothing as that would almost always guarantee a third place).

Seeing the exited queens in the finale, I'm not sure the early favourites would have done well continuing anyway.
                      "What goes around comes back around my baby"

Comment

• All 3 queens were great. I wouldn't be bothered if any of them won.

They're all gonna have succesful career.

Ella and Kitty just needs so step up w fashion choices in future. I wouldn't be suprised to see them in future International all stars.
                        BEST SONGS&ALBUMS OF 2017
                        YOURS, FOREVER. // JOSS JONES (Tracklist)

Comment

• Yeah I wanted kitty to win, but after Lawrence last series I knew she wouldn't. I would have been happy with any of them winning in fairness.

Ella's final look was not it at ait. The hair was just. No.
                          Rolling back the rivers in time...

Comment

• Time for the final insta ranking - compared to a week ago!

#1 (=) Charity Kase - 260,492 (+5,827; 8th)
                            #2 (=) Ella Vaday - 229,366 (+37,566; 2nd/3rd)
                            #3 (+3) Krystal Versace - 178,532 (+55,670; 1st)
                            #4 (-1) Veronica Green - 176,366 (+1,153; 9th)
                            #5 (-1) Victoria Scone - 168,683 (+4,698; 10th)
                            #6 (+2) Kitty Scott-Claus - 130,198 (+25,072; 2nd/3rd)
                            #7 (-2) Choriza May - 129,476 (+4,703; 6th/7th)
                            #8 (-1) River Medway - 111,983 (+4,505; 6th/7th)
                            #9 (=) Scarlett Harlett - 91,687 (+4,046; 5th)
                            #10 (+1) Vanity Milan - 65,242 (+5,405; 4th)
                            #11 (-1) Anubis - 65,074 (+4,849; 12th & MC)
                            #12 (=) Elektra Fence - 46,320 (+1,638; 11th)

Huge impact of the Grand Final for all of the queens, but mostly for the Top3 and especially for our winner Krystal. She gains nearly 56k new followers and rises three spots in the ranking to become the third most followed queen of the season.

Ella Vaday finally surpasses the 200k mark and even does it with ease. She's only the second queen of the season doing so, with Charity Kase still being comfortably in the lead. Veronica and Victoria are also still high up on the ranking, despite being early outs, but obviously Veronica has always been in an advantage due to her participation on season 2, while Victoria wasn't an early out due to a weak showing in the actual competition.

Kitty Scott-Claus only just crossed the 100k mark in the last update, but gains 25k new followers now and also rises a lot in the ranking, becoming the sixth most followed queen of the season.

Vanity Milan finally surpasses Anubis in the ranking and is the 10th most followed queen now - Anubis still has a healthy increase, probably also due to winning the (unofficial) Miss Congeniality title.

And similar to how I did it with Down Under and All Stars 6, here's an insta ranking for the whole UK Season 3:

#1 (+1) Charity Kase - 260,492 (+103,261; +59.31%)
                            #2 (+2) Ella Vaday - 229,366 (+176,527; +334.08%)
                            #3 (+2) Krystal Versace - 178,532 (+144,988; +432.23%)
                            #4 (-3) Veronica Green - 176,366 (+12,850; +7.86%)
                            #5 (-2) Victoria Scone - 168,683 (+105,079; +165.21%)
                            #6 (+3) Kitty Scott-Claus - 130,198 (+109,355; +524.66%)
                            #7 (=) Choriza May - 129,476 (+106,231; +457.00%)
                            #8 (+3) River Medway - 111,983 (+91,496; +446.61%)
                            #9 (-1) Scarlett Harlett - 91,687 (+68,800; +300.61%)
                            #10 (=) Vanity Milan - 65,242 (+44,699; +217.59%)
                            #11 (-5) Anubis - 65,074 (+33,849; +108.40%)
                            #12 (=) Elektra Fence - 46,320 (+27,518; +146.36%)

Compared to the update from 22nd September, a day before the first episode aired.

Biggest increases by numbers: Ella Vaday, Krystal Versace, Kitty Scott-Claus
                            Biggest increases by percentage: Kitty Scott-Claus, Choriza May, River Medway

Comment

• I really don't know what I did before Tansike and the insta ranking. It really is one thing I look forward to in these endless DR shows! Thanks once again!
                              "What goes around comes back around my baby"

Comment

• Tansike
                                Tansike commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Aw, thank you

• I just realised I never posted my thoughts on the finale and winner. For me, they were all deserving champs, but personally I was rooting for Krystal so I'm happy she ended up with the crown. She didn't have a flawless run, but boy was she a daring competitor and the indisputable runway queen of the season (and I'd even go on to say of the whole UK series thus far).
                              Akini's Tribute to Kanye West: [140-131]
                              Akini's Top 100 Songs of 2021: [#1]
                              Akini's Top 25 Albums of 2021: [#1]
                              Akini's Top 25 Artists of 2021: [#1]
                              Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 Last Christmas [2 weeks]
                              AlbumClash 2.0: [The Weeknd vs. Demi Lovato]

By now Julia was ready to get up and turn the walk-in closet into a walk-out closet.

Comment

• Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
                                the indisputable runway queen of the season (and I'd even go on to say of the whole UK series thus far).
                                But Bimini...

Comment

• so Veronica cane out as top queen of the season then, taking number 1 on Instagram, miss congeniality and she won the season, i knew it
                                  what's going on?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                                    Time for the final insta ranking - compared to a week ago!

#1 (=) Charity Kase - 260,492 (+5,827; 8th)
                                    #2 (=) Ella Vaday - 229,366 (+37,566; 2nd/3rd)
                                    #3 (+3) Krystal Versace - 178,532 (+55,670; 1st)
                                    #4 (-1) Veronica Green - 176,366 (+1,153; 9th)
                                    #5 (-1) Victoria Scone - 168,683 (+4,698; 10th)
                                    #6 (+2) Kitty Scott-Claus - 130,198 (+25,072; 2nd/3rd)
                                    #7 (-2) Choriza May - 129,476 (+4,703; 6th/7th)
                                    #8 (-1) River Medway - 111,983 (+4,505; 6th/7th)
                                    #9 (=) Scarlett Harlett - 91,687 (+4,046; 5th)
                                    #10 (+1) Vanity Milan - 65,242 (+5,405; 4th)
                                    #11 (-1) Anubis - 65,074 (+4,849; 12th & MC)
                                    #12 (=) Elektra Fence - 46,320 (+1,638; 11th)
                                    I'll miss this numbers.

Comment

• I wanted Ella to win but her final runway was ATROCIOUS. Kitty stayed the final lip-sync. Krystal's runway was great, as always!
                                      Haven't been early since '88

Comment

• Originally posted by ArmyOfMe View Post
                                        But Bimini...
                                        A worthy second place.
                                        Akini's Tribute to Kanye West: [140-131]
                                        Akini's Top 100 Songs of 2021: [#1]
                                        Akini's Top 25 Albums of 2021: [#1]
                                        Akini's Top 25 Artists of 2021: [#1]
                                        Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 Last Christmas [2 weeks]
                                        AlbumClash 2.0: [The Weeknd vs. Demi Lovato]

By now Julia was ready to get up and turn the walk-in closet into a walk-out closet.

Comment

• Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post

A worthy second place.
                                          Agreed… IMO Krystal didn‘t have a weak rumway. Bimini had her bad hometown look…

Comment

• Yes a big thank you to Tansike for the numbers! It’s so interesting to see each week

Comment

• I will also miss the update. I look forward to it every Wednesday! You're doing the lord's work Tansike
                                              Rolling back the rivers in time...

Comment

• Bimini and Tayce didn't needed win... they're both killing it after their season. While I don't hear much about Lawrence. Maybe they'll even join international all stars at some point... for now they don't need to rush.

Even their insta followers says a lot:
                                                942k bimini
                                                683k tayce
                                                454k lawrence

Comment

• Months in and I’m still really bored of people sh!tting on Lawrence because their fav didn’t win. She’s an incredible drag queen and very funny. Deserved winner.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X