Superstore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superstore

Couldn't see a thread for this show but I thought I'd start one. It's an American Ferrera (Ugly Betty) led comedy about the lives of people working in a supermarket and it's great. I started watching it a couple of weeks ago and am just blitzing through the show. Having worked in a supermarket it's very relatable as well.

Was introduced to this a few days ago and I'm on episode five at the moment. It's just okay for me right now. Does it get any better, Pete?
    UKMIX Favourite Artists of the Last 20 Years: [090-086]
    "Your Billboard Top Ten" Game: All-Time Top Scorers Countdown: [#3 revealed!]

Your heart is coloured with the love wrapped in the brilliant blue sky above, the breadth of the jewelled oceans, and the pure heat of the golden sun. And your heart is home to the cosmic creation that is you.

Comment

Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
      Was introduced to this a few days ago and I'm on episode five at the moment. It's just okay for me right now. Does it get any better, Pete?
      I think it gets better personally but, if you don’t like it in a few episodes, I’d give up as the humour doesn’t evolve too much after that. I’m midway through S2 and people tell me it gets better but I just enjoy having a 20 minute comedy to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan View Post
        I think it gets better personally but, if you don’t like it in a few episodes, I’d give up as the humour doesn’t evolve too much after that. I’m midway through S2 and people tell me it gets better but I just enjoy having a 20 minute comedy to watch.
        I'm desperate for a new comedy so I'll stick with it for a bit. Thanks!

Your heart is coloured with the love wrapped in the brilliant blue sky above, the breadth of the jewelled oceans, and the pure heat of the golden sun. And your heart is home to the cosmic creation that is you.

Comment

This was one of my faves. Sandra is hilarious. I cried at the series finale.

Comment

Originally posted by music126 View Post
            This was one of my faves. Sandra is hilarious. I cried at the series finale.
            Spent the last month zooming through this and I just did the same.

Comment

So glad you ended up liking it. I’m on S4 at the moment and still loving it, and enjoy the balance of humour and issues.

Comment

So glad you ended up liking it. I’m on S4 at the moment and still loving it, and enjoy the balance of humour and issues.
                Its quality remains high throughout! Excited to read your thoughts on the finale when you get to it.

Comment

Its quality remains high throughout! Excited to read your thoughts on the finale when you get to it.
                  Without spoiling too much, is the last season very COVID related?
                  Love your avatar though. Jonah is probably my fave, the only one I don’t really like is Cheyenne.

Comment

Without spoiling too much, is the last season very COVID related?
                    Love your avatar though. Jonah is probably my fave, the only one I don’t really like is Cheyenne.
                    Yes, and they handled it flawlessly!

Funny that Jonah is your fave. He took ages to grow on me. Cheyenne grew on me eventually, so hopefully she does for you as well. Mateo was actually my initial fave, but Dina is too hilarious. I'm always driven to those 'stickler' characters in shows.

Comment

Yes, and they handled it flawlessly!

Funny that Jonah is your fave. He took ages to grow on me. Cheyenne grew on me eventually, so hopefully she does for you as well. Mateo was actually my initial fave, but Dina is too hilarious. I'm always driven to those 'stickler' characters in shows.
                      Also totally here for Sandra/Carol feud. I think it’s because I’m pretty much a combination Jonah and Garrett when I’m at work.

Unfortunately YouTube recommended me a video from the series finale and the screen grab was a massive spoiler.

Comment

Just got to the S4 finale where ICE invade the store and got a bit emotional. What’s wrong with me.

Comment

Just got to the S4 finale where ICE invade the store and got a bit emotional. What’s wrong with me.
                          I actually loved that they did that with Mateo's storyline. I was a bit surprised, but nonetheless pleased. We got a realistic end there, too.

Comment

Just watched the finale, what a great way to close the show. Wasn’t a massive fan of S6 in general but I think it’s because I binged it too quickly and didn’t really appreciate it.

Comment

AH I didn't watch the last season. I wasn't interested in it without America.

But loved the series while I did watch it. It had one of the most inclusive casts I've ever seen.

Loved the story arc of the union.

Comment

Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
                                AH I didn't watch the last season. I wasn't interested in it without America.

But loved the series while I did watch it. It had one of the most inclusive casts I've ever seen.

Loved the story arc of the union.
                                Honestly the show doesn’t suffer that much without Amy, plus the plot line always made it open for her to return.

You say it’s inclusive yet the guy who plays Garrett can walk in real life. I was shooketh when I discovered that.

Comment

Working...
                                X