Clear All

• ArmyOfMe
    replied
    I'm so into Canada's Drag Race right now

Eve 6000 is a cringe legend.

Leave a comment:

• Ewokguy15
    replied
    The Queen who left was lovely, was sad to see her go.

Eve is awful but she brings a little drama so I hope she stays around for a few episodes.

Leave a comment:

• jason2379
    replied
    I don’t like musicals so I wasn’t entertained by that challenge at all but the runway this week blew me away. Pythia’s look was one of the best I have ever seen. Absolutely incredible!

Fantastic lip sync but my favourite is now gone. Such a lovable person!

The judges for me are still bringing this show down. That choreographer was absolutely horrid.

You can tell Eve is a very problematic person. I don’t like her.

Leave a comment:

• croatiaxtina
    replied
    Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
    And is it me or Gia Metric is a Canadian version of Gigi Goode?
    My thoughts. The runway inspo is Gigi for sure.

Leave a comment:

• KEY9481
    replied
    And is it me or Gia Metric is a Canadian version of Gigi Goode?

Leave a comment:

• KEY9481
    replied
    Absolutely loved this episode.
    I’m never looking for the Rusical…I did not enjoy it that much BUT there were phenomenal performances. And the runway, jesus. Talk about a slay. Pythia leading the pack with what should become an iconic look in the Drag Race universe. Talk about a moment!
    Even 3000 or whatever her name is is pissing me off though.

Leave a comment:

• Tansike
    replied
    Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post

.... F*** my drag right?
    ...it's just interesting how many comments the UK S3 topic gets in comparison. But then, UKMix is a forum originally based in the UK so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised. But honestly, as much as I love them UK S3 girls, Canada S2 is miles better so far.

Leave a comment:

• BehindBreakaway
    replied
    Originally posted by Tansike View Post
    Is no one else watching this?
    .... F*** my drag right?

Leave a comment:

• croatiaxtina
    replied
    Episode 2 was great.

Pythia I haven't been this impressed by someone's runway in ageeeees. One of the best runway ever!

The challange was 50/50. Half of cas impressed me so much. Pythia was by far the best, Gia, Kendall was carrying the whole challange, Synthia's voice is incredible.

Also Stephanie's look was ughhhh amaaazing!

And Eve is so delusional that they kept her for obvi further drama .

The judges are rlly good this year. I even find Brooke fine... they rlly wanted to make sure fans will like the judges this time.

Leave a comment:

• Tansike
    replied
    Is no one else watching this?

Leave a comment:

• BehindBreakaway
    replied
    I never thought I'd hear Girlicious on Drag Race. Underrated queen's!

Leave a comment:

• Tansike
    replied
    Ok, I thought the second episode was OUTSTANDING!

The shows' main critic for the first season was the judging and oh wow, I absolutely loved the judging during this episode. I agreed on every thing they said and when a critic may have come across as "attacking" (like Eve's singing, or when one couldn't dance) the judges immediately explained what they really meant. I also got why there were four bottoms.

Pythia, Gia, Kendall and Synthia SLAYED the rusical. I actually think Synthia could have won some other rusicals of the series with what she showed here, but there were three even stronger ones so I got why she was just safe after all. She also had the weakest runway of the four.

Even the other safe queens did really, really well (especially Stephanie & Kimora, I think Adriana was just in the wrong group, had a stunning runway though).

And yes, that runway was strong, too!

This is shaping up to be such a great season already and ever elimination feels so sad!

Leave a comment:

• BehindBreakaway
    replied
    I feel like 'fashion' or modern queen's will always do better on insta. For the younger queen's that's where they make money. I find older queen's or some comedy queen's can struggle with that as they don't get offered the same level of sponsored posts.

Leave a comment:

• Tansike
    replied
    It's insta-wednesday!

#1 (=) Pythia - 29,198 (+3,039)
    #2 (=) Kendall Gender - 25,178 (+3,723)
    #3 (=) Gia Metric - 21,632 (+3,097)
    #4 (+1) Icesis Couture - 20,571 (+5,562)
    #5 (+2) Suki Doll - 16,973 (+6,273)
    #6 (-2) Eve 6000 - 16,489 (+1,400)
    #7 (-1) Stephanie Prince - 15,379 (+4,362)
    #8 (+1) Synthia Kiss 12,478 (+3,362)
    #9 (-1) Adriana - 11,667 (+1,848)
    #10 (=) Beth - 11,495 (+2,513; 12th)
    #11 (+1) Océane Aqua-Black - 11,295 (+2,722)
    #12 (-1) Kimora Amour - 10,501 (1,829)

Compared to a week ago.

Ok, there are some interesting things going on here. Kendall Gender, Gia Metric and Synthia Kiss didn't fully come through in the first episode and personally, I thought they clearly came across as unlikable. Meanwhile, Kimora and Océane had some good storytelling, came across as super likable - yet they gain less new followers than the other three? Why is that?

Anyways - with Suki Doll, Icesis Couture and Stephanie Prince, the Top3 queens of the first challenge are also the three queens with the biggest increases this week. Though Suki Doll takes the lead here with nearly 6,3k new followers. Despite that, Stephanie still dips a bit in the overall ranking, with the other two rising up the chart.

Following the first episode, all queens have surpassed 10k followers now. With five contestants, nearly half of the cast was below that mark just a week ago.

Leave a comment:

• Tansike
    replied
    Originally posted by xtofer View Post

Congrats! You're not only marrying the person but the culture too!

True! The only Filipino queen who has been slaying is Zaldy with all his Emmys for dressing up Ru since the franchise started.
    Thanks - and I know <3 Probably already happened a bit haha

Haha... true about Zaldy. I actually didn't know he was Filipino as well, I also got a colleague who is Filipino and called Zaldy.
    Anyways, there's also still Manila who keeps doing well. + I'm really looking forward to Drag Race Philippines.

Leave a comment:

• Tansike
    replied
    Even though most of the episode felt really staged / produced, I still thought this was an absolutely fantastic premier and even though I enjoy UK S3 a lot, I think Canada S2 is already close to outshine them for me.

Super likeable and talented cast so far. Yes, I don't really care for the girls that know each other and made such drama about it, but hey, they already gave us some iconic reality TV moments so I'm not mad.

Icesis, Stephanie and Suki SLAYED the runway!! What a strong Top3 - they all could have won in other series, but in the end, Icesis was still the clear winner in this episode. Frontrunner from the get go but honestly, already her confessional alone gave me frontrunner vibes. Also is it just me or is Icesis voice similar to Priyanka's?

Stephanie <3 Yes, I'm probably biased here but oh my... love at first sight. It's been a while since I immediately fell in love with a queen like that... probably hasn't happened in over a year. But I got a huge crush here
    Suki did fantastic on the runway but I'm not seeing behind her personality yet, so there's less connection to her than to Icesis or Stephanie so far. But I think those three are also my three favorites so far.

I hope Océane keeps on keeping on. Not another knee injury Eureka / Victoria style She's giving me Latrice vibes and even though her looks may end up as letdowns, I kinda want to see her as long as possible. Probably my fourth favorite queen so far.

Judging was correct this episode - ok, the only debatable decision was probably Kimora being save when she could have been low, but then, I got it. I also prefered a Eve 6000 / Gia lipsync as they're less likeable than Beth and Beth at least created a great top to her outfit, but hey, I still got it here as well. Shame to see her go so soon

Leave a comment:

• UnapologeticKenny
    replied
    I did not like this premiere either

Leave a comment:

• jason2379
    replied
    Maybe I’m just over drag race but this wasn’t good for me. These judges man…. Just get rid of Brooke. Honestly, the straw that broke the camels back was when she was ‘living’
    for that god awful lip sync.

The cast aren’t as likeable either this season.

Leave a comment:

• dylonj
    replied
    Why did Brooke Lynn touch her face?!?! She is giving Trinity

Leave a comment:

• Loveguru
    replied
    This judging panel seems to gel better

Leave a comment:

• xtofer
    replied
    Originally posted by Tansike View Post
    Since my fiancé is Filipino, I‘m obviously rooting for Stephanie as well. It‘s been a while since we had a Filipino queen slaying…
    Congrats! You're not only marrying the person but the culture too!

True! The only Filipino queen who has been slaying is Zaldy with all his Emmys for dressing up Ru since the franchise started.

Leave a comment:

• xtofer
    replied
    Icesis is giving me Alyssa Edwards vibe on the runway. She has the fashion style and the personality to make it all the way. "You are not the only pretty bitch here!" Iconic already. Pythia reminds me of Crystal Methyd with toned-down makeup. Gia looks like a hyper Gigi Goode.

I would have given Beth a chance. Kimora should have been in the bottom, the outfit was too much, it was a mess. It should have been the overdramatic Eve with the unfinished outfit vs Gia lipsyncing. This is not the Maneater lipsync that I wanted in my fantasy. It was bad that most of the cuts were focused on the judges' reactions.

Leave a comment:

• xtofer
    replied
    Stepanie entering in Jollibee drag! Her authentic Filipino accent, i'm living! She reminds me of a lot of young queens here who are feisty and crafty. Obsessed with Suki living in her own fantasy world! She could deliver looks and her lines were too funny. I can't wait to see more of her.

I love that the two Asian queens this season entered the room with Asian restaurant references. They both slayed on the runway, excited for what else they will bring.

Leave a comment:

• ArmyOfMe
    replied
    After ep 1, I think I am firmly Team Icesis. Her runway was such a serve.

Leave a comment:

• Tansike
    replied
    Since my fiancé is Filipino, I‘m obviously rooting for Stephanie as well. It‘s been a while since we had a Filipino queen slaying…

Leave a comment:

Working...
X