X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy insta-wednesday!

#1 (=) Drag Sethlas - 47,266 (+11,999)
    #2 (+2) Onyx - 41,106 (+15,395)
    #3 (-1) Ariel Rec - 36,510 (+3,604; 11th)
    #4 (-1) Samantha Ballentines - 31,419 (+3,926; 10th)
    #5 (=) Sharonne - 30,991 (+9,307)
    #6 (+2) Juriji Der Klee - 29,388 (+16,353)
    #7 (-1) Venedita Von Däsh - 27,338 (+6,175)
    #8 (-1) Marina - 23,333 (+7,852)
    #9 (=) Estrella Xtravaganze - 17,484 (+5,043)
    #10 (=) Jota Carajota - 15,932 (+4,479)
    #11 (=) Diamante Merybrown - 13,645 (+3,965)
    #12 (=) Marisa Prisa - 9,009 (+1,834; 12th)

Compared to two weeks ago.

Ariel Rec and Samantha Ballentines were two of the most followed queens going into the season, and unfortunately, they couldn't live up to their hypes and are early outs, which is why they don't have big increases and I think as the season progresses, they will keep falling down on this insta ranking.

More surprisingly, the biggest increase of that two week update goes to Juriji Der Klee with over 16k new followers. Even though she doesn't really stand out on the actual season yet (except for the latest episode, where she could've been above just safe in my opinion), she seems to attract the viewers the most in comparison so far.

Onyx has the second biggest increase with over 15k new followers, moving past Ariel and Samantha to become the second most followed queen of the season. The third biggest increase goes to Drag Sethlas with 12k new followers, who still is in the lead.

Sharonne (+9,3k), Marina (+7,8k) and Venedita Von Däsh (+6,2k) have good updates as well and are definitely queens to watch out for.

Comment

Just finished S1 a few days ago and damn, Carmen Farala ate! There was no other option for winner, tbh. I love a versatile queen that's polished, prepared, and helpful. This iteration of Drag Race has a lot of crying, though!
      Akini's Top 100 Albums of All-Time: [#77]
      Akini's Favourite TV Series: [5-1!
      Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 Break My Soul [2 weeks]
      AlbumClash 2.0: [Lizzo vs. Beyoncé]
      The Killers: Pressure Machine Album Survivor [R5]

I'm not saying I love you unconditionally, but we have been through a shitload of conditions and I'm still here.

Comment

Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
        Just finished S1 a few days ago and damn, Carmen Farala ate! There was no other option for winner, tbh. I love a versatile queen that's polished, prepared, and helpful. This iteration of Drag Race has a lot of crying, though!
        Yay, welcome to the Espana club! Glad you caught up with S1 and yes for the Carmen love - she truly dominated the season Bianca style.

I hope you'll be able to catch up with S2 as well - the second episode is considered to be (one of) the best episode in the whole Drag Race franchise ever!

(OT but love your avatar, haha!)

Comment

Originally posted by Tansike View Post
          Yay, welcome to the Espana club! Glad you caught up with S1 and yes for the Carmen love - she truly dominated the season Bianca style.

I hope you'll be able to catch up with S2 as well - the second episode is considered to be (one of) the best episode in the whole Drag Race franchise ever!

(OT but love your avatar, haha!)
          Love your new avi as well!

Will definitely be catching up with S2. Twitter did 'spoil' how epic E2 was, but I'm still excited to watch it.

Apparently, Carmen had a reveal prepared for every episode just in case she had to lip-sync? I live.

I'm not saying I love you unconditionally, but we have been through a shitload of conditions and I'm still here.

Comment

One of the best musicals in DR history. I love all of the queens. Onyx, Sharonne, and Juriji are my favorites, I guess. Onyx is my trade of the season.
            Haven't been early since '88

Comment

Great rusical! At first I didn't really enjoy that there were so many (and long) talking parts, but in the end, I enjoyed the result a lot. Also it's impressive how well all of them did yet again! There was really no one who did bad / weak. I guess the runway really helped a lot to choose the bottom / tops... I'm not mad at the outcome, as I think Jota was the weakest of the cast left, but I thought Venedita should've been low over Onxy, and Drag Sethlas high over Marina. And runway included, I would've given the win to Sharonne... but yeah, Estrella would've been a deserving winner already a week ago and I'm not mad she got it this time.

The lipsync though... another mess! What's with them all losing their wigs?

Sharonne and Estrella are already set for the Top4 IMO, they both are doing so well!

Comment

This week’s episode was amazing as well!

I guess most people out of Spain don’t know the original musical La Llamada, and it was full of cultural references that maybe got lost in translation... But for us locals it was really funny and the girls delivered.

Unlike the jury, I think Onyx was by far the worst on the rusical... her role (not appearing on the original musical) was really simple, boring and one-note. Jota Carajota was the 2nd weakest, imo, and her runway look and lipsync were a mess. So I'm happy with the outcome.

Sharonne and Estrella were the best of the night so I'm glad they were both on top. I'm sure they'll be in the final Top 4 (probably joined by Marina and Venedita).

Regarding the lip-syncs... Yes, everybody on Twitter in Spain is mad every week claiming how good the episode was... but what a terrible lip-sync. I'm done with them losing the wigs. One more wig falling and RuPaul herself will come and cancel the show..

Comment

IMDb scores for the season so far:

EP 1: 9.2
                  EP 2: 9.9
                  EP 3: 8.4
                  EP 4: 9.0

This is shaping up to be the best reviewed season of the whole franchise if it keeps that high level!

Comment

Originally posted by nympho View Post
                    Sharonne and Estrella were the best of the night so I'm glad they were both on top. I'm sure they'll be in the final Top 4 (probably joined by Marina and Venedita).
                    Replace Venedita with Drag Sethlas and that would be a fantastic Top4!

Also I would love to see Onyx going far but... she doesn't seem too versatile and I'm low-key worried she'll have a similar fate like Hugáceo...

Comment

Happy insta-wednesday!

#1 (=) Drag Sethlas - 51,983 (+4,717)
                      #2 (=) Onyx - 48,063 (+6,957; 8th)
                      #3 (+2) Sharonne - 39,878 (+8,887)
                      #4 (+2) Juriji Der Klee - 38,785 (+9,397)
                      #5 (-2) Ariel Rec - 37,592 (+1,082; 11th)
                      #6 (-2) Samantha Ballentines - 33,265 (+1,846; 10th)
                      #7 (=) Venedita Von Däsh - 31,298 (+3,960)
                      #8 (=) Marina - 26,070 (+2,737)
                      #9 (=) Estrella Xtravaganza - 25,052 (+7,568)
                      #10 (=) Jota Carajota - 18,163 (+2,231; 9th)
                      #11 (=) Diamante Merybrown - 14,734 (+1,089)
                      #12 (=) Marisa Prisa - 9,652 (+643; 12th)

Compared to two weeks ago.

This season seems to be facing the same fate like Canada Season 2 - despite being acclaimed by fans and critics alike, the numbers don't really stand out.

Even with a two weeks update, none of the queens gets 10k or more new followers - the biggest update goes to Juriji Der Klee with around 9,4k new followers. She already had the biggest update in the previous two weeks update. She's closely followed by Sharonne, who gets 8,9k new followers while doing exceptionally well in the competition. Both, Juriji and Sharonne, also climb two spots in the ranking and surpass the early eliminated Ariel Rec and Samantha Ballentines.

After just a solid start into the competition, Estrella Xtravaganza has started to turn it out now and so it's less surprising to see her having the third biggest increase with 7,6k new followers. She should definitely rise some spots in this ranking soon. Onxy, another fan favorite, owns the fourth biggest increase with nearly 7k new followers - sadly, the "Drag Alien" has just been eliminated.

Comment

I was late with last 2 episodes.

I just heard Beth Dime in musical. That's enough great for me
                        BEST SONGS&ALBUMS OF 2017
                        YOURS, FOREVER. // JOSS JONES (Tracklist)

Comment

Nooooo Onyx

Comment

I'm not reading any comments due to spoilers but I haven't been able to watch this due to my streaming not having english captions. Does anyone have a link to a site that streams this with the subtitles?
                            "What goes around comes back around my baby"

Comment

Finally caught up with S2 and what an epic talent show! However, I'm disappointed that Onyx went home this week. She was my fave this season.

Comment

Meh, they might as well have sent home Diamante last week because I didn't really get why she was in the bottom two over Marina.

I would've had Sharonne high this week instead of Venedita, but another solid episode this week.

Comment

Thanks God Diamante went home… I couldn’t stand her any longer.

I love Estrella… but her 3rd runway look must definitely be one of the worst, if not THE worst, outfit ever seen on Drag Race history.

Comment

Diamante should've been out long time ago. IDK how they kept her over Onyx last week.

Her drag is bad, I don't like it, not her walk, not her outfits, her make up is horrible and the fact she barely wears wigs started to annoy me.

BUT she seems as rlly nice person.

Sethlas, Venedita and Juriji were great this week.
                                    Sharoone started to bore me and her 3rd look was not good.

I'm rooting for Sethlas at this point she's so funny, her voice is so cartoonish and her dirty mind and also she's so cute.

Comment

I agree with parts from all of you... I would've put Sharonne high over Venedita and thank godness Diamante is finally out, the edit made her very unlikable. Plus, what's with her always having no wig? Is that her thing? Because she had so many runways with no wigs at all, then like two runways with just very flat hair, and the second Ball challenge was the very first time she actually had a wig-wig Thanks for pointing that out too croatiaxtina, glad I'm not the only one who noticed it!

The judges really love Venedita, but I'm not connecting with her (yet).

Estrella, Sharonne and Sethlas are my Top3. Also love me some Juriji, but I think she may go home soon. All remaining queens are actually really good!

Comment

Did we really lose Onyx last week for this?! It was clear that Diamante would get sent home this week.
                                        Onyx would've probably brought us some amazing looks for this ball. We were robbed.

Estrella and Diamante were clearly the bottom 2 of the week. All of Estrella's outfits were horrible. Her final look was just unforgivable. Probably one of the worst looks in Drag Race history. Diamante had some interesting concepts, but none of her looks really worked. And her final look was really bad. Also, there's no variety whatsoever in her runway walk. Does she really need to stomp down the runway for every single look?! Estrella rightfully won the lipsync!

I would've put Sharonne in the top again this week actually. I thought she had three really great outfits and concepts. But the winner this week was most definitely Drag Sethlas. Wow. All three looks were spectacular. Well done to her!

Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                                        The judges really love Venedita, but I'm not connecting with her (yet).
                                        Same! I just can't connect with her. I'm not seeing what the judges see in her.

My favorites at the moment are Sharonne, Juriji and Estrella. Drag Sethlas may join them if she can keep this up.
                                        So far this is another great season. Drag Race Espana deserves so much more attention!
                                        "You know I got the sauce, you know I'm saucy"

Comment

Drag Sethlas took a risk waiting to amp it up in that lip-sync and I'd hoped it'd work, but another fan fave gets the axe.

This is looking like Sharonne's for the taking. Let's see if she can bring it on home.

Comment

Venedita and Juriju should have won. I think that Sharonne and Estrella had awful runways.

Am I the only one who can't stand Marina?

Comment

This season airs at the perfect time... it was Oscar week when Sharonne entered the workroom in an Oscar inspired look, and it's Eurovision week when Ruth Lorenzo is a guest judge

Great episode. I'm still not fully sure if I like the way all of their ads were going, but I just assume that must be a thing in Spain? Plus Sharonne & Estrella's ad was so perfectly made, it felt like a true ad, while the one by Juriji and Venedita was funny, too. The one by Marina & Sethlas was a complete mess and it was so clear they'd be in the bottom this week.

I was super shocked when Sethlas had to sashay away. I was sure she'll be in the Top4 But yep, Marina also won the lipsync for me and I feel like she still has more to give while Sethlas probably hasn't. Plus Sethlas already had some iconic moments, especially her Talent Show performance & her winning the Ball.

That Untucked was perfect I love me some Juriji, but based on overall performance, I actually get the others and yep, prior the actual challenge I really thought it's her time to go now.

I loooove how unpredictable this season is! So many "shocking" elimination, no double shantays... but, it all still makes sense, it's perfect for TV and the competition gets going. I'm missing a bit of the fashion (the monster runway set the bar too high I guess) but overeall this is a fantastic season. They also include all the popular challenges in this season with Talent Show, Rusival, Snatch Game, Ball, Branding, Roast... they did their homework yet again. Spain is truly the best internatonal season so far.

Sharonne has 3x high and 3x wins in 7 episodes

Comment

Great episode this week!
                                                The mini challenge was maybe too long but it was really funny.
                                                Regarding the maxi challenge, it’s true that most comedy queens in Spain on live shows are very into sex jokes, d*cks, and all that… but maybe all three spots with that concept could be just too much for TV.

Sharonne & Estrella were by far the best. The other two were just… meh.
                                                Juriji moment on Untucked… she’s just a spoiled brat. Rude. Fans on Twitter love her, but her attitude last night was all wrong for me.
                                                I was sad to see Sethlas go, but Marina’s runway and lipsync were way better.

I don’t know if we’re having a three or four queens final… if it’s four, I guess Marina will be the one left-out… If it’s only three, imo Juriji should be the one not reaching the final.
                                                No doubt Sharonne will win this season.

Comment

Juriji would have won at least twice already. She's highly underrated. Also IMO she was right in untucked.
                                                  Last edited by mattsky; Tue May 10, 2022, 16:37.

Comment

Marina slayed the lip sync, I totally expected her to go since Sethlas came off a challenge win last episode.

Glad Marina stayed since she’s my #1, hope she reaches the finale.
                                                    last.fm

Comment

Working...
                                                    X