Drag Race Spain - Seasons 1 & 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy insta-wednesday!

#1 (=) Drag Sethlas - 57,147 (+5,164; 6th)
    #2 (=) Onyx - 52,715 (+4,652; 8th)
    #3 (=) Sharonne - 46,216 (+6,338)
    #4 (=) Juriji Der Klee - 46,110 (+7,325)
    #5 (=) Ariel Rec - 38,118 (+526; 11th)
    #6 (+1) Venedita Von Däsh - 34,707 (+3,409)
    #7 (-1) Samantha Ballentines - 33,873 (+608; 10th)
    #8 (+1) Estrella Xtravaganza - 28,893 (+3,841)
    #9 (-1) Marina - 26,070 (+2,737) 27,519
    #10 (=) Jota Carajota - 18,970 (+807; 9th)
    #11 (=) Diamante Merybrown - 15,276 (+542; 7th)
    #12 (=) Marisa Prisa - 9,974 (+322; 12th)

Compared to two weeks ago.

Still low numbers overall, which is very disappointing IMO considering how good the season actually is. I wonder why that is? It's not being overshadowed by another season at the moment. So I guess it's just the simple fact that social media (or at least instagram) has lost a lot of its power?

The biggest increase of the two weeks update goes to Juriji Der Klee, who still seems to be the "fan favorite" when it comes to these updates. She just a hundred followers below frontrunner Sharonne. Both of them could move up on the ranking in the next update, as Onxy and Drag Sethlas are both eliminated and most likely won't increase too much more from now on.

Venedita Von Däsh surpasses Samantha Ballentines, while Estrella Xtravaganze surpasses Marina in the ranking.

Comment

I think Juriji and Venedita deserved the win this week. They had a great ad plus amazing runways.
      Yeah Sharonne and Estrella's ad was super fun. But their runways were a letdown.

Drag Sethlas and Marina were definitely the weakest couple and deservedly in the bottom.
      I though Drag Sethlas was going to turn it out during the lipsync, but Marina really destroyed her. Bye Drag Sethlas!

Originally posted by mattsky View Post
      Juriji would have won at least twice already. She's highly underrated. Also IMO she was right in untucked.
      I agree. Juriji was right in Untucked. I also feel like the girls really overreacted on her behavior. Nothing she said was bad at all. Y'all say she lacks versatility. She says y'all are not funny. Big f*cking deal. I love how Juriji has them all pressed lol.

Sharonne and Juriji remain my favorites. Hope they'll both make it to the finale.
      "You know I got the sauce, you know I'm saucy"

Comment

One thing this series is unafraid to do - send home fan faves.

This was a fantastic episode, though - easily among my top three faves of the season. I don't think anyone floundered in the challenge and I enjoyed the lip-sync. It took me up to this point to really see why everyone loved Juriji so much and just as I grasp her appeal, she's axed. I'll definitely miss her.
        Akini's Top 100 Albums of All-Time: [#77]
        Akini's Favourite TV Series: [5-1!
        Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 Break My Soul [2 weeks]
        AlbumClash 2.0: [Lizzo vs. Beyoncé]
        The Killers: Pressure Machine Album Survivor [R5]

I'm not saying I love you unconditionally, but we have been through a shitload of conditions and I'm still here.

Comment

Yes, that was another fantastic episode. I also agree a bit about Juriji... while I always enjoyed her, I finally fell in love with her this week. Also, she looked HOT during (and after) the lipsync!

Another funny coincidence having Fuego as the lipsync song when we just had Chanel's SloMo being such a success at the Eurovision Song Contest (both have definitely some similarities, also by how they were performed at the Eurovision stage).

Marina slayed it - finally! Similar to Juriji, I always liked her but she never had that big moment on the show yet... until now! So happy for her to finally snatch a challenge win.

I also love how we got to see some S1 queens yet again.

Sharonne having 3 Wins and 4 Highs in 8 episodes must be the best track record of all time by now? Also, she would've been a deserving winner in many of these high weeks too (one being this week).
          I don't know if we will have a Top3 final or a Top4 final... I was low-key hoping for a Rumix challenge next week, but it is what it is.
          I wouldn't mind seeing Sharonne in the bottom for once so 1.) to see her lipsync skills and 2.) to balance out the track records. I just hope she won't get Keta Minaj'ed then.

Comment

Yesterday's lip-sync was definitely the best of the season and I think it deserved a double shantay you stay... Both deserved to win because both were equally amazing. Pure FUEGO.

Surprisingly, none of them was terrible on the roast... in fact most of them were really funny... but I think Estrella deserved more the bottom than Juriji. The jury reeeeally love Estrella, though... so it was obvious they would save her.

Really surprised with Marina's roast. Her personality is definitely not my cup of tea, but I think she's really polished, a pro, and it was a deserved win.

If we're having a three girls final, as it seems it'll happen, I guess Venedeita will leave next week... I'd prefer Estrella to be the one out, to be honest.

Comment

I'm happy that we got a double shantay because I really wanted Estrella in the finale. Granted, I don't see how Sharonne loses this anyway, but it'll be a lot more fun with the big kid present.

Loved Alexis Mateo as a guest judge. Ru will likely never go for it, but the US version of this show would do well to bring established and underground drag queens onto the judges panel, saving a rotating spot for at least one a week.

I'm not saying I love you unconditionally, but we have been through a shitload of conditions and I'm still here.

Comment

Ok, since we've reached the final I can say it now: before the season, I saw a spoiler video on YouTube that said Sharonne was a shocking elimination at Top5 I think. So I've been sooo worried about her for two weeks now... especially since the edit kinda seemed like she could be in danger with that spoiler in mind. Thank god that didn't came true though and that these spoilers were wrong! She's having one of the best track records, if not THE best, ever, which is awesome to see. With that being said, I don't think she's the "best" queen ever as her fashion isn't the most exciting one and we have no idea how well she lipsyncs. She's still my choice for the winner and she'd be a fantastic addition to the winners circle.

(side note; she seems to have some people against her as she's getting accused of having done blackface for a Spanish TV show. Not too sure what that's all about, but yeah, that's the only thing that I see from preventing her getting the crown).

Venedita is a clear runner-up with her second win now. I was here for the double shantay especially because I think Estrella was worthy of a place in the finals as well. With that said, Marina clearly won the lipsync and it felt a bit bittersweet because the previous three (!) lipsyncs were all so much more double shantay worthy. But it makes sense to do it now right before the final.

I've started to really enjoy Marina, while I got a bit over Estrella lately. Venedita still doesn't click with me, she's... too "perfect" if that makes sense? Even that picture moment before the lipsync, she was the only one where there weren't many true feelings coming forward (at least to me).
                As for Marina, I don't really get a queen like her who knows fashion so well and how to wear it, but is completely lost when she has to do something on her own? That's like basics for competing on Drag Race and for the storyline I would've loooved to see her winning a second challenge in a row tbh.

Anyways, overall I didn't like that makeover challenge that much, but still an enjoyable episode overall and a very deserving final four.

Comment

Originally posted by Tansike View Post

(side note; she seems to have some people against her as she's getting accused of having done blackface for a Spanish TV show. Not too sure what that's all about, but yeah, that's the only thing that I see from preventing her getting the crown).
                  I’m sorry, I know it’s not your opinion but something you read… but this is bulls**t. That won’t cost her the crown AT ALL.

No one is canceled in Spain because of blackface as HUNDREDS of celebrities have done it on “Tu cara me suena” (Your Face Sounds Familiar) every time they have to impersonate a black person. It was only on last season in 2021 after a decade that they stopped doing it.
                  Should have they stopped doing it years ago? Probably. Not saying it’s right, just that it’s not a thing in Spain and not perceived as something negative by big masses. Specially when it’s done with respect to impersonate an artist you admire.
                  Sharonne (as Cristobal) participated (and ended 3rd) on the 1st season of the anonymous contestants version of the show and one of the singers she did on the show was Cuban singer Olga Guillot, and her make up was a bit darker than her natural tone. That’s all.

Some people outside Spain also tried to accuse her of being racist when she used the Louis Armstrong puppet on her Ella/Louis talent show performance… and there was obviously nothing racist about that.

She’ll get the crown and it will be completely deserved.
                  #TeamSharonne

Comment

Originally posted by nympho View Post

I’m sorry, I know it’s not your opinion but something you read… but this is bulls**t. That won’t cost her the crown AT ALL.

No one is canceled in Spain because of blackface as HUNDREDS of celebrities have done it on “Tu cara me suena” (Your Face Sounds Familiar) every time they have to impersonate a black person. It was only on last season in 2021 after a decade that they stopped doing it.
                    Should have they stopped doing it years ago? Probably. Not saying it’s right, just that it’s not a thing in Spain and not perceived as something negative by big masses. Specially when it’s done with respect to impersonate an artist you admire.
                    Sharonne (as Cristobal) participated (and ended 3rd) on the 1st season of the anonymous contestants version of the show and one of the singers she did on the show was Cuban singer Olga Guillot, and her make up was a bit darker than her natural tone. That’s all.

Some people outside Spain also tried to accuse her of being racist when she used the Louis Armstrong puppet on her Ella/Louis talent show performance… and there was obviously nothing racist about that.

She’ll get the crown and it will be completely deserved.
                    #TeamSharonne
                    The fact that people in Spain don't perceive it as a problem doesn't make it less of a problem. If anything, the nonchalance and blatant disregard make it a bigger problem (it's kind of the same here in Italy).

Venedita for the win, tbh.

Comment

Happy insta-wednesday!

#1 (=) Drag Sethlas - 60,877 (+3,730; 6th)
                      #2 (+2) Juriji Der Klee - 58,026 (+11,916; 5th)
                      #3 (-1) Onyx - 55,786 (+3,071; 8th)
                      #4 (-1) Sharonne - 54,376 (+8,160)
                      #5 (+1) Venedita Von Däsh - 42,549 (+7,842)
                      #6 (-1) Ariel Rec - 38,799 (+681; 11th)
                      #7 (=) Samantha Ballentines - 34,703 (+830; 10th & MC)
                      #8 (=) Estrella Xtravaganza - 34,027 (+5,134)
                      #9 (=) Marina - 31,799 (+4,280)
                      #10 (=) Jota Carajota - 19,789 (+819; 9th)
                      #11 (=) Diamante Merybrown - 15,673 (+397; 7th)
                      #12 (=) Marisa Prisa - 10,506 (+532; 12th)

Compared to three weeks ago.

Sorry, I was too busy last week, so here's finally a new update after three weeks and just right before the Grand Final. Sadly, even after all these weeks, most updates are not even too noteworthy.

The biggest winner of this update is Juriji Der Klee, who ended up fifth in the competition and surpasses the big fan favorite Onyx and finalist Sharonne to become the second most followed queen of the season in this ranking now. She's only behind Drag Sethlas now - will she surpass her as well when all is said and done? Though I think she won't end up as the most followed queen of the season, as whoever will win, that queen will take the lead for sure.

Another shoutout goes out to Marisa Prisa, who joins the rest of the cast as she finally surpassed the 10k mark.

Venedita Von Däsh surpasses Ariel Rec in the ranking, as she's also part of the final and going by statistics, she should end up as the runner-up later this week.
                      Sharonne is currently a clear frontrunner simply going by numbers, and with over 8,1k new fans, she also has the second best update in this ranking.

Comment

Juriji Der Klee being so high in the ranking fits my fantasy
                        Haven't been early since '88

Comment

Congrats to our new winner!!

Comment

There could be no other winner, tbh. A well-deserved champion!

Comment

The winner is deserved but I wanted the other queen to win. Also Sethlas, Juriji, and Onyx slayed the runway. Much better looks than the top 4. V had the best one out of the top 4.
                              Haven't been early since '88

Comment

Long live the Queen!
                                Deserved winner.
                                What they did to Marina, though, was so ugly and unnecessary…
                                Either you eliminate two girls and the final lip-sync is with just 2 queens or you go with the final 4… What’s the point of taking her to the final to simply let her out at the end? Even if she wasn’t gonna win, it felt really bad to see her out like that.

But anyway, great season overall. Proud of my country’s queens.

Comment

Congrats Scarlet Adams I guess

Comment

Loved the final.

The remix was awesome... they actually had a lot of lines to work with which is awesome, and woah, Sharonne slayed them! But Marina also did so well, plus she looked so gorgeous there.
                                    Which is why I was so shocked when they eliminated Marina right before the lipsync. IMO based on that final challenge, Sharonne + Marina were the Top2. But based on competition overall, it was clearly Sharonne + Venedita. So IMO the most logical thing to do would've been to eliminate both, Marina + Estrella right before the lipsync, or let them all lipsync.
                                    But I think they thought Estrella is a potential fan favorite so they wanted her to move on while they didn't believe in Marina. And they only did the double shantay in the previous episode because Marina clearly won that lipsync and they couldn't let Estrella go. Also, maybe it was strategic and knowing how good Marina is at lipsyncing, they couldn't let her do the final lipsync one as she could've been the clear standout...

Sharonne must have one of the best track records of all time with just one save and everything else was High or Win. A true star and a fantastic addition to the winners circle!

Comment

Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                                      Loved the final.

The remix was awesome... they actually had a lot of lines to work with which is awesome, and woah, Sharonne slayed them! But Marina also did so well, plus she looked so gorgeous there.
                                      Which is why I was so shocked when they eliminated Marina right before the lipsync. IMO based on that final challenge, Sharonne + Marina were the Top2. But based on competition overall, it was clearly Sharonne + Venedita. So IMO the most logical thing to do would've been to eliminate both, Marina + Estrella right before the lipsync, or let them all lipsync.
                                      But I think they thought Estrella is a potential fan favorite so they wanted her to move on while they didn't believe in Marina. And they only did the double shantay in the previous episode because Marina clearly won that lipsync and they couldn't let Estrella go. Also, maybe it was strategic and knowing how good Marina is at lipsyncing, they couldn't let her do the final lipsync one as she could've been the clear standout...

Sharonne must have one of the best track records of all time with just one save and everything else was High or Win. A true star and a fantastic addition to the winners circle!
                                      I wholeheartedly agree with all of this.
                                      All in all it was another great season!
                                      "You know I got the sauce, you know I'm saucy"

Comment

Time for the final insta ranking of Season 2 - compared to a week ago!

#1 (+3) Sharonne - 66,233 (+11,857; winner)
                                        #2 (-1) Drag Sethlas - 63,392 (+2,515; 6th)
                                        #3 (-1) Juriji Der Klee - 61,035 (+3,009; 5th)
                                        #4 (-1) Onyx - 58,229 (+2,443; 8th)
                                        #5 (=) Venedita Von Däsh - 47,048 (+4,499; 2nd/3rd)
                                        #6 (=) Ariel Rec - 39,215 (+416; 11th)
                                        #7 (+1) Estrella Xtravaganza - 36,736 (+2,709; 2nd/3rd)
                                        #8 (-1) Samantha Ballentines - 35,241 (+538; 10th & MC)
                                        #9 (=) Marina - 34,578 (+2,779; 4th)
                                        #10 (=) Jota Carajota - 20,289 (+500; 9th)
                                        #11 (=) Diamante Merybrown - 15,847 (+174; 7th)
                                        #12 (=) Marisa Prisa - 10,787 (+281; 12th)

Compared to one week ago.

Our new winner Sharonne gets an obvious winners boost and gains a fantastic 11,8k new followers this week, which lets her move past all other contestants to become the most followed queen of the season. With 66,2k total followers, she still is the currently the fourth least followed winner in the franchise though, only being above both Thailand winners (Angele Anang and Natalia Pliacam) and US Season 2 winner James Ross (fka Tyra Sanchez). But with that said, winners tend to have great legs when it comes to gaining followers and back in February 2022, Vanessa Van Cartier (Holland S2) only had 64,6k followers but rose to 71,8k followers as of now, with Elecktra Bionic (Italy S1) having had 61,5k followers and rose to 75k as of now, so I can definitely see Sharonne still surpassing these two rather sooner than later.

Venedita Von Däsh and Estrella Xtravaganze ended up as runner-ups, while Marina came in fourth during the Grand Final. These three queens also have great boosts this week, most notably Venedita, who gets 4,5k new followers with the second biggest update of the week.

With 3k new fans, Juriji Der Klee continues being a fan favorite as she owns the third biggest increase. Part of the reason for that was definitely her fantastic final runway.

And as usual, here is an insta ranking for the whole season:

#1 (+4) Sharonne - 66,233 (+44,549; +205.45%)
                                        #2 (-1) Drag Sethlas - 63,392 (+28,125; +79.75%)
                                        #3 (+5) Juriji Der Klee - 61,035 (+48,000; +368.24%)
                                        #4 (=) Onyx - 58,229 (+32,518; +126.48%)
                                        #5 (+1) Venedita Von Däsh - 47,048 (+25,885; +122.31%)
                                        #6 (-4) Ariel Rec - 39,215 (+6,309; +19.17%)
                                        #7 (+2) Estrella Xtravaganza - 36,736 (+24,295; +195.28%)
                                        #8 (-5) Samantha Ballentines - 35,241 (+7,748; +28.18%)
                                        #9 (-2) Marina - 34,578 (+19,097; +123.36%)
                                        #10 (=) Jota Carajota - 20,289 (+8,836; +77.15%)
                                        #11 (=) Diamante Merybrown - 15,847 (+6,167; +63.71%)
                                        #12 (=) Marisa Prisa - 10,787 (+3,612; +50.34%)

Compared to the update from 30th March, the first update three days following the first episode aired.

Biggest increases by numbers: Juriji Der Klee, Sharonne, Onyx
                                        Biggest increases by percentage: Juriji Der Klee, Sharonne, Estrella Xtravaganza

Comment

Juriji is probably the most iconic new queen in the franchise this year so far.

The way I stan her.

Comment

3rd season confirmed!!!

Comment

Well deserved and no surprise, S2 was another hit! Though I feel like much less people actually saw it (similar situation like with Canada S2).

But I guess the more international versions we get, the more people will concentrate on just their country instead of watching all versions.

Comment

By the way, I’m not sure if it’ll be available on WOW for international viewers or if it’ll be a Spain only show on ATresPlayer…

On July 10 it’s the premiere of “Reinas al rescate”, with Supremme Deluxe, Puppi Poison (S1), Sharonne (S2) and Estrella Xtravaganza (S2). Basically a Spanish version of HBO’s “We’re Here” with Eureka, Shangela and Bob the Drag Queen. The Queens will go to some rural small towns in Spain not familiar with drag queens and sometimes not so open minded as in big cities to meet and help some LGBTQ fans.

Comment

Working...
                                                X