No announcement yet.

MCU: Eternals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aside from the Dora Milaje scenes and the last 10 minutes, it just feels so flat at the moment. I like the character interactions but the plot is so limp. Karli is a very bland villain, I think they should’ve made her a bit older and less bratty - not sure if it’s the character or actress though.

The imagery of the last scene was fantastic though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartan View Post
      Aside from the Dora Milaje scenes and the last 10 minutes, it just feels so flat at the moment. I like the character interactions but the plot is so limp. Karli is a very bland villain, I think they should’ve made her a bit older and less bratty - not sure if it’s the character or actress though.

The imagery of the last scene was fantastic though.
      Karli is indeed a very bland villain. Zemo is so much better.

The last scene reminded me of Wanda when Agatha made her face the civilians she kept under her spell...

I'm in shock.I never ever thought that Captain's shield would be covered in blood as a result of a reckless murder...
      Last edited by GreekGeek; Fri April 9, 2021, 20:03.
      And the 8th day God created KYLIE!!! <3

Comment

• I loooove everything about badass Wakandans and I am ready for them to have their own series.

The episode was all g. The writers nailed it with John because I find myself clenching my jaw everytime he is on screen because he is so enraging. The end was pretty predictable though.

I like the series az a whole but I feel like this should have been a 2.5 hour movie and Black Widow should have gotten a TV series. There's so many same same scenes.
        Uk the only way

Comment

• This is dragging a bit but I’m hoping for a big payoff. Karli is so bland and the whole ‘I’m not a terrorist’ whilst being a terrorist thing has been done to death. She still feels like a pawn and not the real end game of this series. Interestingly they keep calling her a kid - and any kids in the MCU and I’m like ‘Young Avengers?’

There is so little character progression for Sam I’m no longer sure if he will take the shield and become Captain America - we are four episodes in and he hasn’t shown any regrets about not taking up the mantle. Bucky has had a lot more character development and probably has a greater chance of taking it than Sam at this point - and I wouldn’t be mad.

I really like John Walker now - he just isn’t Captain America. The ending was very in character for who they’ve shown him to be thus far, and I quite like his brand of crazy, just not as Captain America. Like Agatha from WandaVision, he’s sort of in between and now he has his powers his arc across properties could be interesting going forward.

For Bucky to become Captain America he needs to take down John Walker and have America embrace him. So a final showdown seems pretty likely.

However, it seems this Power Broker is the real player in all this and don’t know why, I just get the feeling it’s Sharon Carter. Her role had been so tiny, there’s no justify to bringing her back at all otherwise.
          Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• The awkward moment when everyone forgives Wanda for killing 26 innocent people but is raging over John Walker for killing one super-soldier... Let's talk about likeable characters and irritating characters...

Comment

• Yeah but... did Wanda ever violently decapitate someone?
              Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post
                Yeah but... did Wanda ever violently decapitate someone?
                Good point there.

Tbh, i hope Bucky will take the shield and the mantle. Sam seems uninterested...

Comment

• I can see a backlash if they take the shield from Sam and give it back to a white guy though.
                  Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• I did read that Yelena Belova will make a cameo but I hate how neither show has mentioned Black Widow once.
                    Diva!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by TIfan View Post
                      I did read that Yelena Belova will make a cameo but I hate how neither show has mentioned Black Widow once.
                      I think that Yelena is going to appear in the Hawkeye and Kate Bishop tv series...
                      Originally posted by menime123 View Post
                      I can see a backlash if they take the shield from Sam and give it back to a white guy though.
                      True. Nowadays, even the Marvel fans have lost their temper...

Comment

• I am enjoying this show but I feel like Marvel may be over-doing the whole Easter egg thing. Maybe I watch too many YouTubers. I just feel like the whole, what happens next thing is getting old. The flow is not quite right. Just let Falcon tell us why he doesn't want the shield. Tell us who the power broker is. Stop with this "wait until next episode" crap that gives us nothing new.
                        Last edited by HouseTargaryen; Sat April 10, 2021, 21:07.
                        Diva!!!

Comment

I can see a backlash if they take the shield from Sam and give it back to a white guy though.
                          Yeah I suppose it plays into the whole “white saviour” scenario.

I think Sam will take it, but I feel like we need to see more personal growth from him at the moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartan View Post

Yeah I suppose it plays into the whole “white saviour” scenario.

I think Sam will take it, but I feel like we need to see more personal growth from him at the moment.
                            The only way Sam is going to take it at this point is to stop the US giving the shield to someone of their own choosing. But he doesn’t want it and isn’t going to come to terms and embrace it in the next two episodes. I guess we’ll see Sam struggle with being Captain America in other marvel properties like a second season or his own movie.
                            Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• Spoiler!

Comment

• Oh I quite enjoyed the last episode. Probably my favourite one so far

Comment

• Spoiler!
                                  Diva!!!

Comment

• MOD NOTICE: This thread is SPOILER FREE. Any details given away in the press or by Marvel about upcoming episodes is a SPOILER and must not be openly discussed.
                                    Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

MOD NOTICE: This thread is SPOILER FREE. Any details given away in the press or by Marvel about upcoming episodes is a SPOILER and must not be openly discussed.
                                      My comment was not a spoiler. I'm just guessing what I think will happen.
                                      Diva!!!

Comment

MOD NOTICE: This thread is SPOILER FREE. Any details given away in the press or by Marvel about upcoming episodes is a SPOILER and must not be openly discussed.
                                        I don't get though why official teasing is considered a spoiler...
                                        Anyway, it's almost Friday again!!!

Comment

• Again, Marvel is with the bs!
                                          Diva!!!

Comment

• The pacing was so weird in that episode, yet it was my favourite episode yet. Could’ve done with less shield throwing, more Julia Louis-Dreyfus (what a catch) and less Karli - I just cringe when she’s on screen. But episode was great for character interaction and building.

Comment

• My favorite episode !!

Comment

• That was a great episode and I loved the lack of Karli and just watching Sam and Bucky deal with their shit. I can’t believe how underused Sharon is again but if she isn’t the power broker, I’m hoping there’s an actual reason to bringing her back.

I had to do a little google on Val and it seems shes a pretty big indication on where the MCU is moving - and I’m excited.

Also we finally got an end credit scene!
                                                Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• This episode was so-so... First of all, Karli is unbearable. Secondly, after a movie and two tv series i'm sick and tired of the effects of the snap/blip, although i understand the reasons; i wish we are goinging to see NOTHING related to this after phase 4. Lastly, i wasn't impressed by the cameo and i believe Sharon Carter is the Power Broker.

I respect Marvel for references through the series to today's problems such as white privilage, police abuse and black culture. That's an element that Stan Lee and other creators brought to the comics and made the brand unique and remarkable.

Comment

• Diva!!!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X