No announcement yet.

MCU: Eternals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What If...? wasn't what i expected and i felt disapponted most of the times. My rate for this show is 6/10.
    And the 8th day God created KYLIE!!! <3

Comment

• Has anyone seen Eternals yet? I’m going this afternoon.

Comment

• Eternals was decent - but a bit anticlimactic in the final act. Acting was decent enough, I really wanted to like Gemma Chan in the main role but she didn’t quite nail it IMO. Nice seeds sown for the future of the MCU though - didn’t expect that actor in the post credits scene.

Comment

• ill wait for Disney+
          what's going on?

Comment

• I'm seeing in Sunday, I didn't love Shang-Chi as much as I thought I would so hopefully H like this more but don't think I will after the reviews it's been getting from fans.

Comment

• I liked this more than I thought I would

Comment

• I liked it, it really was a breath of fresh air for the MCU.
                Far from perfect, as it had some rather slow moments and at times clumsy exposition, but I really don’t understand the many negative reviews.
                Most of those are from the press / critics, though. Overall viewer ratings seem to be more favourable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartan View Post
                  Eternals was decent - but a bit anticlimactic in the final act. Acting was decent enough, I really wanted to like Gemma Chan in the main role but she didn’t quite nail it IMO. Nice seeds sown for the future of the MCU though - didn’t expect that actor in the post credits scene.
                  That character in the post credits scene is related toThanos in the comics.
                  Spoiler!
                  Last edited by GreekGeek; Fri November 12, 2021, 18:11.

Comment

• Originally posted by GreekGeek View Post
                    That character in the post credits scene is related toThanos in the comics.
                    Spoiler!
                    Not sure why you wrote “in the comics” - he’s says exactly that in the movie, too.

Comment

• Watched Black Widow today.
                      While I never really cared for that specific character, I really enjoyed the movie. The cast was great, even though that Russian accent was quite unbearable at times.
                      5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by LittleLinda View Post
                        Not sure why you wrote “in the comics” - he’s says exactly that in the movie, too.
                        I haven't watched the movie yet; so, i don't know exactly what happens there. I was spoiled about the actor who plays Eros the other day from a news site...

Comment

• I went into The Eternals feeling pretty optimistic. I hadn’t seen any reviews, and although the trailer hadn’t really excited me, I really trusted Marvel to deliver. Unfortunately, I thought this was a very poor movie. There were just so many things that jarred with me.

I didn’t like how it began with a load of text. I get that it’s a complicated backstory and that this is a useful device to get viewers up to speed, but for me, it smacks of lazy story-telling. They could have been so much more creative with this introduction.

Next, the casting. I really liked that they were trying for diversity, but I just don’t think the cast worked as a whole. Most of the characters (particularly the men) felt very flat and lacked any real chemistry. I liked Salma, Gemma, Angelina and Lauren, but Richard Madden was awful in my opinion. The other male cast members were so disposable and seemed to exist purely to make the numbers up. I get the impression they were meant to offer comic relief… only the jokes just weren’t remotely funny.

The next problem for me was the over-ambitious under-delivery. The stuff with Arishem and the intergalactic worlds is so epic by nature, that it all felt a bit too cheaply executed for my liking. If the themes are going to be that big, you gotta really create something massive to do it all justice. It all just felt so very underwhelming, and relying on CGI to cover up the plotholes and lazy scripting.

Then there’s the boredom. My god, I get why it has “eternal” in the name. This film just went on and on and on, with hardly anything interesting happening. And what I find astonishing, is that for a film that clearly lacked action and adventure, they still managed to suck at the character and world-building. I just couldn’t connect to the characters or the story. Behind all the magic tricks, it just felt so damn empty. It’s like they’ve been taking notes from DC…

I’m really concerned for Phase 4 now. If they let that director loose on any more movies (especially big projects like The Avengers), I dread to think what would happen.

Also, what genius decided to place it after Black Widow and Shang Chi in the running order? Two absolutely amazing movies, followed by this.
                          Last edited by AceReject; Sat November 13, 2021, 21:24.
                          Keep an eye on Dan. Promise me you can. He gets out of hand if you let him…

Comment

• Who's excited?!

Comment

• Finally saw Shang Chi on the weekend and I was so impressed by the movie - wow! Definitely one of the best Marvel movies IMO. Fantastic cast, fantastic story, fantastic scenes... love, love, loved it!

(and Simu Liu is hot! <3)

Comment

• ^Oh yes! I watched Shang Chi on Monday! It was a stunning movie! I didn't blink once! The choreography was brilliant; the flow of the motion was breathtaking! Visuals, effects & cinematography were top notch too! One of the best MCU movies for sure. Maybe Top5 for me.

Comment

• The fight scenes looked like dance sequences, it was breathtaking! Really loved the movie.
                                  5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• I feel so behind already on the MCU. I watched all the films in order, finishing with the second Spiderman but since the series' and the subsequent films I'm out of the loop. Can I still catch up with Black Widow and Shang Chi, without watching the series' on D+, and still understand the overall story arc?

Comment

• Originally posted by Thombus View Post
                                      I feel so behind already on the MCU. I watched all the films in order, finishing with the second Spiderman but since the series' and the subsequent films I'm out of the loop. Can I still catch up with Black Widow and Shang Chi, without watching the series' on D+, and still understand the overall story arc?
                                      There's no point in watching Black Widow, if you want to follow the main plot. However, you should watch WandaVision, Loki and Shang Chi. Spider-Man No Way Home too, when it comes out on theaters.

For parallel plots that are also taking place in the MCU, you should watch Black Widow, Falcon & The Winter Soldier. Hawkeye as well.

I haven't watched the Eternals yet. So, someone who has watched it should tell us his opinion. Is it main plot or secondary? (I believe it's main)
                                      Last edited by GreekGeek; Thu November 18, 2021, 11:09.

Comment

• From everything Marvel released this year, WandaVision & Shang Chi are by far my favorites.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                                          From everything Marvel released this year, WandaVision & Shang Chi are by far my favorites.
                                          Totally agree with you! Both are incredible!

Comment

• Shang-chi I have finally seen and I enjoyed it because it didn't feel as marvel by numbers as others have done.

Eternals, IMO, just didn't need to exist as a movie. The concept of Eternals and Celestials could have come in through otjer movies but this just felt...superfluous. Like, where do these characters fit going forward? Do they even?
                                            Uk the only way

Comment

• Guys!!!!! "Agatha All Along" was nominated for a Grammy Award in the category of Best Song Written for Visual Media!!!

Comment

• Rightly so!

Comment

• I haven't loved Black Widow or Eternals. I don't think that either really needed to exist. They feel like filler and that the multiverse saga is really being told beginning with Spiderman and the TV shows.

Shang chi was better as it didn't feel as completely mcu by numbers but yeah the tv shows have been far better than movies in phase 4
                                                  Uk the only way

Comment

• Originally posted by GreekGeek View Post
                                                    Guys!!!!! "Agatha All Along" was nominated for a Grammy Award in the category of Best Song Written for Visual Media!!!
                                                    Woah, unexpected but totally deserved. Still one of the best moments in all Marvel shows!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X