X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GreekGeek
    replied
    Originally posted by Artoo View Post
    I honestly don’t think even the Avengers could deal with Arisham - the Eternals are more powerful and even they struggle. However, the movie made a point of highlighting technical growth, so it’s possible Wakanda might be key to stopping him. Or maybe Loki can bring some spare infinity stones back into the world and snap him away

Otherwise, I think Kang is the main new big bad in the MCU and it’ll be interesting to see how that develops via the multiverse. They already teased different versions of the character exist.

They keep expanding the MCU but they aren’t really driving the story forward. I think Eternals must take place after the multiverse is resolved (which takes place in between Spider-Man and Eternals), but right now it doesn’t feel like the MCU is building towards anything.
    The Scarlet Witch, Doc. Strange, Thor and Captain Marvel are more powerful than the Eternals. However, I don't know how they could handle Arishem.
    Kang, on the other hand, is veeeeery veeeeery dangerous... We just saw the good version of him on the Loki tv series.
    The MCU is indeed expanding and since WandaVision we have to deal with more threats and not just one big bad guy. And i love this! I like variety!

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied

Okay, this looks good. I love Oscar Isaac.

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    Originally posted by GreekGeek View Post
    A Celestial is really pissed after all. Maybe he's the new threat that the new Avengers will have to deal with...
    I honestly don’t think even the Avengers could deal with Arisham - the Eternals are more powerful and even they struggle. However, the movie made a point of highlighting technical growth, so it’s possible Wakanda might be key to stopping him. Or maybe Loki can bring some spare infinity stones back into the world and snap him away

Otherwise, I think Kang is the main new big bad in the MCU and it’ll be interesting to see how that develops via the multiverse. They already teased different versions of the character exist.

They keep expanding the MCU but they aren’t really driving the story forward. I think Eternals must take place after the multiverse is resolved (which takes place in between Spider-Man and Eternals), but right now it doesn’t feel like the MCU is building towards anything.

Leave a comment:

• GreekGeek
    replied
    Originally posted by Tansike View Post
    ^ ah thanks, I forgt Moon Knight. Though truth be told, I'm not really looking forward to this simply because it's completely unknown territory for me.
    You should check him. He's a psychopath and a very interesting character.

Leave a comment:

• Tansike
    replied
    ^ ah thanks, I forgt Moon Knight. Though truth be told, I'm not really looking forward to this simply because it's completely unknown territory for me.

Leave a comment:

• GreekGeek
    replied
    ^From what i've read online Eternals are definetely coming back in the MCU at some point. With a new movie or in other movies, that's still uncertain. A Celestial is really pissed after all. Maybe he's the new threat that the new Avengers will have to deal with...
    And yes, you forgot something: Moon Knight is coming in March and guess what? The word "chaos" (a familiar word to Scarlet Witch) is mentioned a lot.
    Last edited by GreekGeek; Yesterday, 08:37.

Leave a comment:

• Tansike
    replied
    Finally finished Hawkeye on the weekend - great series overall and I really enjoyed the more family-friendly vibes it was giving. Hailee Steinfeld did great and Yelena is obviously a star so I really hope they will include her more in the future. Also, somehow I can't imagine they already killed Kingpin off?
    Overall, Hawkeye comes second from the 2021 MCU series for me, behind WandaVision, but above Loki and Falcon.

Also finally watched Eternals on the weekend. Mixed feelings there. It wasn't bad at all like some critics say, but it also wasn't that good and as fantastic as some scenes look, the movie as a whole is definitely among the weakest Marvel movies so far for me. It felt too long especially in the second half, where there were many useless scenes and as much as I want to like Sersi, she was a bit annoying at the end IMO. I recently also watched all seasons of GoT so seeing Kit & Richard Madden in the same movie plus someone called Sersei was kind of a WTF moment, then there are also so many stars like Angelina, Salma, Kumail... and on top of that Harry Styles? I think this is a case of too many well known stars don't make automatically a good movie... also, I'm having such a crush on Richard so of course he had to be the "villain" Anyways, will be interesting to see if there's a part two and / or how Eternals will be included in other Marvel movies, if at all.

So now there's some kind of break until Doctor Strange comes out, or am I forgetting about something?

Leave a comment:

• GreekGeek
    replied
    Originally posted by Artoo View Post
    Yes, but to Ikaris they’re one and the same. Just look at Ego, though I find it very hard to reconcile the the idea that Star Lord is half celestial after seeing Arishem
    True that about Ikaris.
    Really cringe that thought about Ego and Star Lord.
    Ego was not a Celestial in the comics though...

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    By the way, Arishem is a Celestial, not a god.
    Yes, but to Ikaris they’re one and the same. Just look at Ego, though I find it very hard to reconcile the the idea that Star Lord is half celestial after seeing Arishem

Leave a comment:

• GreekGeek
    replied
    ^I was not ready to say goodbye to Ikaris so soon. At least, he had enough screen time in comparison with my beloved boy Quicksilver. However, i'm rooting for his return; he's an Eternal after all!

By the way, Arishem is a Celestial, not a god.
    Phastos surely spent some quality time in Wakanda at some point!
    One thing that i loved so much in the Eternals movie was the references to other well-known heroes and events of the MCU.

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    What’s the betting Phastos spent a lot of time in Wakanda at one point? It probably became his pet project and he hid it from the world (literally).

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    Tbh, the movie left me somewhat heart-broken at the end because of Ikaris. Maybe it's because i like Richard Madden or because he did a great job with the role.
    I think it made sense for the character. Ikaris’ story ends with him having betrayed both his family and his god. It broke him, leaving him with nothing and no one and seemingly commits suicide.

Except this is Disney, this is Marvel, and this is the Eternals, so I doubt he’ll stay dead for long.

My bigger problem is the fact Sprite tried to kill Sersi by stabbing her, yet all is forgotten minutes later and never even discussed.

Leave a comment:

• GreekGeek
    replied
    Tbh, the movie left me somewhat heart-broken at the end because of Ikaris. Maybe it's because i like Richard Madden or because he did a great job with the role.

Leave a comment:

• Spartan
    replied
    I watched Eternals for a second time yesterday and appreciated it much more than I did the first time. Visually stunning movie.

Leave a comment:

• GreekGeek
    replied
    Hey guys! I finally managed to watch the Eternals. I'm impressed! This movie is a step forward for the MCU. Everything was on point: direction, acting, aesthetics, cinematography, soundtrack. I recall people calling this a slow movie. I didn't feel this not even once; and i started watching it after a long and exhausting day at work...Overall, I think it's one of the better Marvel movies.

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    So I’ve been MIA because I fell behind and I like to avoid spoilers

Hawkeye
    Great mini series but I don’t need a second starring Clint. The baton feels like it was passed. Yelena popping up and having her character developed beyond Black Widow was amazing and completely worth it. I can totally see her and Kate together.

I found the main storyline pretty pedestrian actually, but loved the twist at the end with Wilson returning to the MCU - in full canon mode nonetheless! I like that Clint’s wife was a former agent, but I don’t need her coming out of retirement. It lays the ground for more stories that can compromise the Barton family I guess, but the MCU is so vast now I don’t feel like it would add anything.

What If…?
    I didn’t like this at the start but the more the series progressed the more I thought it was an inspired way of introducing new elements into the MCU that could pop up in future films - it felt like a way of introducing characters that might have live action cameos later but that we won’t have the time to dig into and develop. Like if Captain Carter pops up in via the multiverse, we’ve already had her origin story. I enjoyed how it all tied together in the end and think the Watcher might be important going forward.

Eternals
    I loved it. I understand the criticism it got because it isn’t brilliant, and plot wise I have some issues with it, but overall it was a really well crafted film. It is by no means a small feat introducing so many new characters in one film.

What I like about the Eternals is that it almost feels like this is the last entry in an Eternals saga and because they’ve always been around, there’s nothing stopping Marvel having prequel films or prequel series focusing on things that they did across the years. I think the best part of the movie of the film was actually the flashbacks going back in time, showing us an ancient world with superheroes, and have something standalone that doesn’t contribute massively to the current timeline.

But this absolutely extends the timeline doesn’t it? I really did not see a gargantuan celestial alien standing over earth happening. I imagine this is all set after the multiverse stuff has been resolved and must be a catalyst on earth to figure out what the actual **** it can do to defend itself against an alien that could squash earth with his hands.

Then when you think this film couldn’t get any weirder, Harry Styles turns up as Thanos’ brother. Angelina Jolie was massively underused here. She must have been promised a bigger part later. Same with Kit Harrington, though his bigger part is confirmed I believe, based on the end credits.

Shang Chi
    This was amazing. I loved the comedy, I loved the casting, I loved the creatures, I loved the story… It was just a really well done origin story that actually felt like an MCU film, yet completely independent of the MCU. It was refreshing and I can’t wait to see what they do next.

Spider-Man: No Way Home
    It was alright. I appreciate Marvel taking its time with the multiverse introduction across multiple properties, and it will save them a huge amount of exposition when Doctor Strange is released. But this entire film felt like complete fan service and essentially becomes a story that allows Disney to pause, reset and remove Spider-Man from the MCU (not even the Avengers know who Spider-Man is now!) I know Disney and Sony have since resolved their issues and this isn’t the end, but I just feel like I spent two hours of my life watching a movie that has no importance in the larger MCU.

Also, having never watched previous incarnations of Spider-Man, I had zero emotional connection to the plot

Leave a comment:

• jordi_89
    replied
    Originally posted by muzik_biz_wiz View Post
    The 19 suggests she is Songbird / Bobbi Morse who also appeared in Agents of Shield. She was a known love interest of clints in the comics and the lines are so blurred between how much of AOS takes place in the main MCU timeline.

I enjoyed the movie but how nobody ever turned around and went 'why don't you just ask for everyone to forget Mysterio said anything' is beyond me.

Yelena for queen.
    Yeah but I don't want them to replace Adrianne Palicki because I loved her as Bobbi Morse. Hopefully Barton's wife is another agent. Though I'm pretty sure Palicki is not coming back. :(

And yes Yelena is the best.

Leave a comment:

• Jason2379
    replied
    ^ 2 of some of the most mediocre Marvel movies doing so well will never not surprise me.

Leave a comment:

• GreekGeek
    replied
    ^One thing that i felt that the movie lucked was it's soundtrack, it was uneventful, as in every Spider-Man movie from Sony/Disney.

Btw, No Way Home is the highest grossing solo superhero movie of all time and it hasn't even been released in some terrritories yet. Black Panther is #2 now.

Leave a comment:

• Tansike
    replied
    Just saw No Way Home. Had a lot of expectations, and it didn‘t meet all of them, but it still was a good movie overall. But not gonna lie, I‘m a bit surprised by its massive success and critical acclaim.

Leave a comment:

• muzik_biz_wiz
    replied
    The 19 suggests she is Songbird / Bobbi Morse who also appeared in Agents of Shield. She was a known love interest of clints in the comics and the lines are so blurred between how much of AOS takes place in the main MCU timeline.

I enjoyed the movie but how nobody ever turned around and went 'why don't you just ask for everyone to forget Mysterio said anything' is beyond me.

Yelena for queen.

Leave a comment:

• jordi_89
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartan View Post
    I’m guessing she was a SHIELD agent herself - hence maybe why she knew Natasha before Age Of Ultron.
    Didn't think of that, it would make sense though.
    Oh and I liked the Hawkeye finale a lot. The series itself was also better than I was expecting.
    Wandavision is still my favourite MCU show so far.

Leave a comment:

• Spartan
    replied
    GreekGeek my ranking would be the same. Loved the finale of Hawkeye, would’ve liked more Yelena on the show but it was still great. I feel like they had a scheduling conflict with Linda Cardellini so she was superimposed into the last scene. So I’m guessing she was a SHIELD agent herself - hence maybe why she knew Natasha before Age Of Ultron.

Leave a comment:

• GreekGeek
    replied
    I just finished the Hawkeye series and the final episode was superb!
    It's my second favorite Disney+ series only behind WandaVision.
    My rank so far:
    WandaVision>Hawkeye>>>FATWS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Loki

Merry Christmas fellow Marvel fans!

Leave a comment:

• jordi_89
    replied
    Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
    This one! If they don't mess things up, this can be a mind-blowing movie.
    Love Spider-man: No Way Home btw. It's way better than I thought it was going to be. And it's easily the best Spider-man movie ever.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X