MCU: Hawkeye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post
    Watched the first two episodes back to back yesterday and I absolutely loved them. I have no idea what is going on (yet), but I'm totally here for it! It's so weird but so good, and they both play their roles so good so far, especially Elizabeth Olsen.

Seems to be a hit for the critics, it has 97% on Rotten Tomatoes.
    Based on the whole ‘No - rewind’ moment, it feels like Wanda is locked in her own mind and has created a happy, safe place for herself... which when you get down to it is quite frightening as it suggests severe trauma. Then of course someone is literally ‘watching her mind’ which is frightening in a very different way (end of episode one).

My best and very early guess is Wanda knows what’s going on and why she’s in a sitcom, but Vision doesn’t and is going to have to figure it out and convince her to ‘wake up’, giving it a sort of Truman Show vibe too (Although Vision isn’t actually Vision but a vision).

Soneone is trying to break in though - no idea who it was, but the radio guy knows what’s going on.
    Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• My guess is they were sent (possibly in an accident) into this digital alternate reality while chasing an enemy / enemies who have wreaked havoc by using media broadcasts to travel through time. They’re both slowly regaining their memory which explains the random colored objects.

Comment

• Originally posted by SpyVsSpy View Post
        My guess is they were sent (possibly in an accident) into this digital alternate reality while chasing an enemy / enemies who have wreaked havoc by using media broadcasts to travel through time. They’re both slowly regaining their memory which explains the random colored objects.
        But Vision died in Avengers?
        Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• Yeah I’m on the side of Wanda not being able to handle reality so created her own for a happier place. Someone is trying to pull her out of it but she’s not having any of it. Those moments when reality is creeping in for her is actually quite unnerving.

I’m not a huge fan of the Bewitched style of things but I’m dying to know what’s happening so it kept me hooked

Comment

• I really enjoyed the first 2 episode. I wish I could binge the season. I can't wait to rewatch and fully understand things
            Last edited by BehindBreakaway; Sun January 17, 2021, 06:13.
            Rolling back the rivers in time...

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post

But Vision died in Avengers?
              This period could have happened before Endgame right?

Comment

This period could have happened before Endgame right?
                I don’t think so - this is being advertised as the launch of Phase 4, so the first property in a new era of the MCU. I wouldn’t be surprised if the last episode introduces us to some sort of new big enemy that will span various properties.

I wish they had dropped all episodes in one go
                Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post

I don’t think so - this is being advertised as the launch of Phase 4, so the first property in a new era of the MCU. I wouldn’t be surprised if the last episode introduces us to some sort of new big enemy that will span various properties.

I wish they had dropped all episodes in one go
                  Well whatever it is I’m intrigued. Yeah I need to binge watch this

Comment

• In the comics she can alter reality. It is quite common for people to learn English from television too.

A theory is that Wanda lived in Eastview and had unconsciously, in her grief and with an influence from an outside force (possibly mephesto aka the devil) has created an idealized version of the town (westview) based on the sitcoms she grew up watching.

I think the likes of Dottie are citizens of Eastview and that would explain why, when the illusion was disrupted by the radio call Dottie showed fear like she didn't know who or where she was. Wanda has created a bubble around Eastview that blocks the outside world hence the toy helicopter being in colour - it doesn't belong in her world and was likely a real helicopter that crashed through. Possible containing Monica Rambeu (Geraldine) who also didn't know who she was or why she was there.
                    Uk the only way

Comment

• Just finished the third episode, loved it!

But only 30 minutes is just not enough. Most series have episodes that last 40-60 minutes these days. Especially when there are just nine episodes in total. I hope there‘ll be longer episodes soon.

Comment

• I’m more confused than ever. It’s like Wanda and Vision are living inside The Truman Show, but Wanda knows and is desperately trying to forget.

I have a feeling once she comes back to reality, the shit is going to really hit the fan.
                        Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• I still think this took place before endgame...the reference to ultron. I mean thanos was a bigger disaster for everyone. I think there are external forces trying to extract them from this alternate reality.

Comment

I still think this took place before endgame...the reference to ultron. I mean thanos was a bigger disaster for everyone. I think there are external forces trying to extract them from this alternate reality.
                            I assumed the reference is because they were talking about her brother and that's when he died.
                            Rolling back the rivers in time...

Comment

• Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post

I assumed the reference is because they were talking about her brother and that's when he died.
                              You’re right. One of the actors confirmed it takes place right after endgame - I just read an article about it

Comment

You’re right. One of the actors confirmed it takes place right after endgame - I just read an article about it
                                So Vision - and more importantly - his stone are dead and gone. The whole setup at the end of the episode reminded me of one of the really movies, where they’ve all setup camp around Thor’s Hammer.

I enjoyed the mention of her brother - we never did get to see Wanda deal with that, and if this is some sort of mental health storyline around Vision’s death, it makes sense to bring him into it too.

Unless they intend to bring both Vision and her brother back using the multiverse from Endgame somehow. The Loki series debuts in May and I believe includes the multiverse, considering Loki is dead too.

Also, the commercials all seem to keep mentioning Hydra - the watch in the first episode I believe had their logo and the product in the latest episode was called Hydra. Unless they’re just making commercials evil... because who likes commercials?

Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• The ad thing is surely a hint at something that’s happening outside.. but i wonder what. And I recall the first ad they had in ep 1 was a stark industries product if i recall correctly? I wonder what was geraldine really up to.. so many questions

Comment

The ad thing is surely a hint at something that’s happening outside.. but i wonder what. And I recall the first ad they had in ep 1 was a stark industries product if i recall correctly? I wonder what was geraldine really up to.. so many questions
                                    Spoiler!
                                    Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• Best episode so far. Really quite funny actually but it threw a spanner in the works with Geraldine almost being kicked from the show. It's like Wanda is aware of what's happening.

What really confuses me is Vision. He's supposed to be dead but it's like he's trapped too. Could Wanda be powerful enough to actually bring him back to life but only within this reality?

Comment

• Originally posted by jason2379 View Post
                                        Best episode so far. Really quite funny actually but it threw a spanner in the works with Geraldine almost being kicked from the show. It's like Wanda is aware of what's happening.

What really confuses me is Vision. He's supposed to be dead but it's like he's trapped too. Could Wanda be powerful enough to actually bring him back to life but only within this reality?
                                        I just assume he is her subconscious and once he figures out what’s going on, this fake world will shatter. Sort of like she’s fooling herself and once her subconscious figures it out, she has no choice but to confront it.

I did wonder if Vision could have uploaded his consciousness somehow before he died, meaning his backup doesn’t actually know he died... and without the stone he can’t live, so Wanda has had to construct a reality.
                                        Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• Okay, episode 4 blew my mind. What on earth is going on? Is Wanda the new villain?
                                          Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• Or could it be Wanda is doing this to fight an unseen villain, but we don’t know it yet? I find it difficult to accept she is just doing it for selfish sentimental reasons

Comment

Or could it be Wanda is doing this to fight an unseen villain, but we don’t know it yet? I find it difficult to accept she is just doing it for selfish sentimental reasons
                                              I’m not sure, unless one of the other ‘characters’ is a threat somehow (with them all appearing to be SWORD). If Wanda is consciously doing this, it doesn’t explain Vision or the twins appearing - why would she put herself through that?

Right now it seems like Wanda is broken and can’t face reality - either something happens to make her decide to face it, or something happens that takes the choice away from her... and she responds in kind.
                                              Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• I'm up to episode three now and am loving the concept here, really fantastic. Elizabeth Olsen is really slaying at this as well.

I haven't really read the last page of this post because I'm not quite up to date but I'm feeling at the moment this is Wanda's own doing - maybe a coping mechanism of losing Vision by creating a "perfect" life together assuming this takes place after Endgame. The last 5 minutes of episode 3 with Geraldine were fantastic, I got shivers when they started talking about Pietro and Ultron.

Comment

• Loved the last episode, it just felt a little bit too short. This is an amazing series so far!

Comment

• Just watched episode 4 - so good again. Didn’t think Geraldine would turn out to be Maria’s daughter but that opens some content for Captain Marvel 2 hopefully.

Loved the random reintroduction of Woo and Darcy, two over-looked supporting characters from the MCU.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X