No announcement yet.

MCU: Loki / Black Widow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I need to rewatch Wandavision to judge Kathryn Hahn again, she was a camp but enjoyable. I don't see any need for her to come back any time soon though, they wrapped up her story well enough for closure but she's still around if they're gonna revisit her.

Comment

• It would help if we knew what Phase 4 was building towards, but I’d like to see her back.
      “I shouldn’t be in a conservatorship if I can work and provide money and work for myself and pay other people — it makes no sense”

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post
        It would help if we knew what Phase 4 was building towards, but I’d like to see her back.
        I don’t think we’ll know what Phase 4 is building towards until a couple of the movies are out (maybe not Black Widow though, but I do hope they tie Black Widow in with the present day).

Comment

• I think Dr Strange will be the one to give us an idea - it was supposed to drop like a month after WandaVision but the pandemic got in the way.
          “I shouldn’t be in a conservatorship if I can work and provide money and work for myself and pay other people — it makes no sense”

#FreeBritney

Comment

• 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• I'm so excited!!! I'm really looking forward to this movie too!!!
              And the 8th day God created KYLIE!!! <3

Comment

• 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Gugu Mbatha-Raw is in it? I am entirely sold now. She’s such a great actress.

Comment

• Guys!!! What do you think of Aaron Taylor Johnson playing Kraven the hunter? Personally, Quicksilver is in the top3 of my favorite ever Marvel heroes and i feel so much disappointed, devastated i could say. Marvel/Disney paid him dust and left him rot. Now, Sony recruits the actor...
                    https://deadline.com/2021/05/kraven-...in-1234764921/

Comment

• Originally posted by GreekGeek View Post
                      Guys!!! What do you think of Aaron Taylor Johnson playing Kraven the hunter? Personally, Quicksilver is in the top3 of my favorite ever Marvel heroes and i feel so much disappointed, devastated i could say. Marvel/Disney paid him dust and left him rot. Now, Sony recruits the actor...
                      https://deadline.com/2021/05/kraven-...in-1234764921/
                      I think they made the right call killing off Quicksilver in the MCU. His death was a huge catalyst for Wanda, a character the MCU clearly wanted to invested in - and six years later they are still exploring the impact his death had on her.

Ultimately his death contributes significantly towards Wanda becoming the Scarlet Witch and considering the implication that there is a ‘multiverse of madness’ coming (Doctor Strange) it doesn’t necessarily mean we’ve seen the last of him.

Its good ATJ has found his way back into a Marvel property though (if not the MCU). I don’t think Disney ‘paid him dust’ as he must have known he was going to be killed off in the one movie he was signing up for in the MCU.

#FreeBritney

Comment

• I’m so excited for The Eternals. I haven’t watched the trailer, but just on the casting alone you know it has to be good.

#FreeBritney

Comment

• 7 days to Loki

#FreeBritney

Comment

• ^Tbh, i'm more hyped for Black Widow which is coming in a month...
                            I'm pretty much fed up with undying Loki.I felt so relieved back in the Infinity War days...
                            This tv series is a fan service and Marvel/Disney can undo this to me with another far more better fan service: bring Charlie Cox to the MCU or resurrect Quicksilver.

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post
                              I think they made the right call killing off Quicksilver in the MCU. His death was a huge catalyst for Wanda, a character the MCU clearly wanted to invested in - and six years later they are still exploring the impact his death had on her.

Ultimately his death contributes significantly towards Wanda becoming the Scarlet Witch and considering the implication that there is a ‘multiverse of madness’ coming (Doctor Strange) it doesn’t necessarily mean we’ve seen the last of him.

Its good ATJ has found his way back into a Marvel property though (if not the MCU). I don’t think Disney ‘paid him dust’ as he must have known he was going to be killed off in the one movie he was signing up for in the MCU.
                              i read your comment about Quicksilver the other day but i wasn't in the mood to reply to you. I was heart-broken with the news. I still strongly believe it was a silly move to kill Quicksilver. It was so disapponting for us the comic readers because we know he's fast and bullets can't really kill him; he has an ability called healing factor. And now i just remembered that the MCU so many times hasn't followed the comics and it's a shame...

Comment

• SPOILER POLICY REMAINS IN PLACE.

For clarification, anything that has NOT been included in an officially released episode MUST be discussed in spoiler tags. This includes trailers for upcoming episodes (e.g. released between episodes) by Disney or Marvel.

Speculation is fine, but if you’re formulating theories based on other Marvel media (e.g. comics) and not what has been shown within the MCU, please using spoiler tags.

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Loki has dropped

#FreeBritney

Comment

• cool! today's the day!

Comment

• The episode was just ok; we got familiar with TVA...

Comment

• What the hell was that

#FreeBritney

Comment

• I enjoyed it , it felt a bit slow at first but it's ok since it's the 1rst epi, I specially liked the music , very atmospheric, oh and the aesthetic too

the story reminded me somewhat of that TV show Timeless

Comment

• I liked it on a whole. Good SFX, great exposition about the TVA. I’m glad they explained it quickly and easily, saved a lot of questions.

I found Hiddlestone a bit hammy at times tbh in that episode.

Comment

• There was just something that didn’t gel with me. It might have been the absolute overkill of the TVA introduction (too much exposition over action) and I really didn’t like the 70s colour palette.

The whole ‘the infinity stones are useless here’ really, really annoyed me too - the idea that someone could have just stepped in and removed the stones (at any time) from the main timeline and prevented so much death and destruction - and essentially rendering the main MCU storyline as utterly pointless - felt like a massive kick in the teeth.

I assume they’ll eventually explain why they didn’t, but the idea of three beings overseeing the MCU timeline within the MCU just feels like lazy story telling. The idea that the Infinity Stones Saga happened because the TVA say it was suppose to happen, rather than being an organic evil annoys me.

If someone being late for work can become a time variant that needs correcting, it undermines the idea of superheroes and free will to do the right thing - because for all we know, Tony Stark make 1000 bad choices and got ‘rewound’ until he made the right one.

I get why not having time variants is important and why a multiverse is bad, and I’m conscious of the fact Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness was supposed to come out long before Loki (and probably would have helped explain that movie I guess?)

But look - there’s an abundance of spare infinity stones, so all someone needs to do is go back to a time and slip a spare mind stone to Wanda and Vision will be totally fine, right? WandaVision didn’t need to happen, Wanda didn’t need to grieve, it’s all totally okay.

If Wanda ever finds out about these three TVA people the Scarlett Witch is going to be pissed.

#FreeBritney

Comment

• I think the explanation was semi given when they said the avengers time travel was meant to happen but Lokis wasn't. Their job is to see that things go the way they are destined to go- good or bad is not their decision to make, their sole reason it to make sure that what it come...comes. I expect many being have messed with the timeline over time and many will have had infinity stones.

These will have even taken from them as we saw, rendered useless as the TVA exists outside of time and essentially reality.
                                                Uk the only way

Comment

• Originally posted by muzik_biz_wiz View Post
                                                  I think the explanation was semi given when they said the avengers time travel was meant to happen but Lokis wasn't. Their job is to see that things go the way they are destined to go- good or bad is not their decision to make, their sole reason it to make sure that what it come...comes. I expect many being have messed with the timeline over time and many will have had infinity stones.

These will have even taken from them as we saw, rendered useless as the TVA exists outside of time and essentially reality.
                                                  I understand that Loki wasn’t supposed to time travel because Loki had already been killed off. But if Loki is a time variant Steve sure as hell is - going back in time to live out his life with Peggy and, as we have already seen, outlived her (Old Man Rogers being alive at the end of Endgame whereas Peggy wasn’t).

But why is it the TVA’s job to decide these things had to happen? Wasn’t the point of Endgame to undo what had already been done? So why allow it to happen in the first place? What did Natasha’s death achieve?

I really don’t like the idea of a predetermined destiny, where a character will always end up doing ‘what they were supposed to do’, as it removes all free will. It means every time we’ve seen someone in the MCU make a decision, we know it isn’t actually their choice because if they had made the wrong choice, they’d have been corrected.

But who put the TVA in charge? To be honest I’m already hoping Loki decides he’s going to take them out, but presumably Loki has to eventually be put back into the timeline (‘reset’) and not pick up the tesseract?

#FreeBritney

Comment

• ^So many questions! Calm down mate... From what we saw, the Time Keepers and their staff (TVA) control every timeline. It's the first time ever we get some info about entities with so much power. I get your concerns about free will, but i'm sure we'll get more details of how things work in the coming episodes. Some things are destined to happen and some others not.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X