No announcement yet.

MCU: Loki / Black Widow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My only response to the quite intense need for logical answers to everything is...

This is a show based on a comic about the gos of mischief. A world wear mutants are hated but Avengers are worshiped. It doesn't all need to have an answer. Sometimes they answer just is.
    Uk the only way

Comment

• Originally posted by muzik_biz_wiz View Post
      My only response to the quite intense need for logical answers to everything is...

This is a show based on a comic about the gos of mischief. A world wear mutants are hated but Avengers are worshiped. It doesn't all need to have an answer. Sometimes they answer just is.
      I can buy into a lot of things and I’m quite happy to suspend disbelief (this being Marvel after all) but I don’t like the idea that after a decade of watching stories in this universe, watching character development set over decades (in-universe), that they’ve suddenly decided to introduce a power that confirms the agency of every character has never existed.
      “I shouldn’t be in a conservatorship if I can work and provide money and work for myself and pay other people — it makes no sense”

#FreeBritney

Comment

• I think you’re overthinking it tbh, it’s not as if it’s even a novel concept within the genre (they’ve done the same in the likes of Doctor Who). This is essentially what the multiverse is I suppose.

Comment

• I don’t think I’m overthinking it, we just don’t have all the information yet - I’m sure it’ll all get explained but I can only take an episode at face value until I’m told otherwise.

I just think it’s one thing to have prophecies, destiny chosen ones etc in a story, but another to literally correct actions of characters that don’t ‘do what they’re supposed to do’ and re-wind time to ensure it happens how they want - which at the moment is to prevent a multiverse.

So I’m already guessing Loki takes them out or lives up to the ‘God of Mischief’ title and creates the multiverse, which I’m all for. So basically I think the TVA are evil and must be destroyed
          “I shouldn’t be in a conservatorship if I can work and provide money and work for myself and pay other people — it makes no sense”

#FreeBritney

Comment

• I enjoyed the first episode of Loki more than the first episodes of WandaVision and FATWS
            Last edited by jason2379; Fri June 11, 2021, 20:45.

Comment

• Its early days but it’ll take a lot for Loki to top WandaVision - that felt like event TV to me. I can see Loki being better than FATWS though, which was just a long drawn out movie (which isn’t a bad thing) that got paused every 40 minutes for a week.

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Good episode so far; Tom Hiddleston and Owen Wilson have good comedic timing and chemistry between them. Quite expositional but I guess they have to do the set-up.

I dunno... the fact that this is such an obvious set up for the next bunch of films takes away some of the stakes of the storyline. At this point, it seems fairly obvious where the series will head to. With a character like Loki, I imagine its going to be an entertaining romp until that happens, but I'm not sure we're up for many surprising twists and turns. Hope I'm wrong.
                Addict. Advocate. Author. Artist.
                My journey of R&B, addiction and superheroes....
                www.rawirijames.com
                #LostBoy album and novel OUT NOW!

Comment

• I found the first ep ok, Owen Wilson just annoys me so much, alot of nice nods to comic fans though.

Spoiler!

what's going on?

Comment

• Episode two was brilliant.

Lots to unpack but I liked Loki saying free will didn’t exist, which was my main problem with episode one. I’m also starting to think the Time Keepers aren’t real.

#FreeBritney

Comment

• ^I thought immediately of you when he mentioned free will.

Episode 2 was another disappointment. There was zero excitement. The TVA blah blah, Loki blah blah, the TVA blah blah, etc... I just finished watching it and i feel really tired.
                      And the 8th day God created KYLIE!!! <3

Comment

• Originally posted by GreekGeek View Post
                        ^I thought immediately of you when he mentioned free will.
                        Now they’ve addressed it I’m wondering if it becomes part of the storyline somehow.

Originally posted by GreekGeek View Post
                        Episode 2 was another disappointment. There was zero excitement. The TVA blah blah, Loki blah blah, the TVA blah blah, etc... I just finished watching it and i feel really tired.
                        Episode one was more ‘this is how time works’ and episode two was ‘let me show you how time works’, so I’m hoping that’s enough explanation and we get into the action more from episode three.

But I really enjoyed this episode - I loved Loki in Pompeii and just the fact the entire episode had a time span of 2000 years like it was no big deal. Also the fact they can go into the future was a pretty big deal - not only does everything have to happen as the Time Keepers (supposedly) say, the TVA can go into the future and see how events play out before characters live it.

So not only is there is no free will, time has already been written, it has happened and can be visited and changed - as seen at the end of the episode.

I’m a bit confused on the ending reveal though because I don’t know if that was supposed to be Loki (who has been confirmed as gender fluid in the MCU) or someone else all together (and I’ve read separate reviews saying it was/wasn’t Loki).

I’ve also seen reviews say...
                        Spoiler!

... and I would love that to be true - but I didn’t see it myself (not that I was looking).

#FreeBritney

Comment

• That lady is Loki, just a female version. We all saw the horns...
                          Last edited by GreekGeek; Thu June 17, 2021, 12:15.

Comment

That lady is Loki, just a female version. We all saw the horns...
                            Spoiler!

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Oh! That would be awesome! I might enjoy a little bit this show after all!

Comment

• It feels like mad men meets men in black

Comment

• Episode three was pretty filler, but it had some great little moments, like drunk Loki, the casual truth bomb that the TVA workers are all variants and that Loki is bisexual.

Not sure about Sylvie - surely both she and Loki should have the same back story, up to the point she became a variant?

#FreeBritney

Comment

• I feel like that was the most filler-y episode of any of the three Marvel TV shows released so far, my attention drifted so much during that episode.

Comment

• Another disappointing episode...
                                      So far for me it's this way.
                                      WandaVision>>>>>FATWS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Loki

Comment

• Well it’s already been renewed for a second season, so I’m really hoping things pick up.

#FreeBritney

Comment

• At this point, i'm realistic; i expect a miracle to happen in the remaining episodes.

Comment

• In other news here's the new trailer for Shang Chi!

Did you spot Abomination and Wong?

Comment

• Falcon is much better than this. The only character i enjoy is owen wilson’s.

Comment

• Episode 4 is just wow - it could easily be a season finale.

Don’t skip the end credit scene.

#FreeBritney

Comment

• ^Even after episode 4, i still find this series uneventful...

Comment

^Even after episode 4, i still find this series uneventful...
                                                    so this isn't picking up? there's like only 2 epis left

Comment

Working...
                                                    X