MCU: Quantumania

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Werewolf By Night was pretty good!

Some clear introductions for future MCU projects. Love how it’s made like a 1930s/1940s horror movie, and I’m guessing the Blood Stone is going to be important going forward?

It was only 50 minutes and I could have watched another 30 minutes easily. Love the song choice for the transition at the end - though I’m surprised they got the licence to us it.

I’m jumping the gun a little but I’d love more standalone, one hour stories from the MCU. Disney+ is the perfect platform for something like this, and it’ll help expand their exclusive MCU content in a cost effective way whilst introducing characters and stories that wouldn’t get a series or a movie.
    I have a bad feeling about this.

Comment

• Originally posted by GreekGeek View Post
      I loved Charlie Cox's cameo in Spider-Man but here his acting here was disappointing. Kingpin has also turned into a shadow of his former self. Now i'm sure that Disney won't deliver a proper DareDevil show. I'm not prepared for a childish DareDevil in the vein of Spider-Man or even worse a childish-adult like Deadpool.
      I know what you mean - I think it’s probably easier to look at DD/KP being introduced as new interpretations, but maintaining the continuity of the Netflix shows.

As varied as the MCU is, all of the movies and Disney+ shows share a fairly similar tone, so what we got in She-Hulk is much more in line with how I’d expect DD/KP to be portrayed in a Disney production.

I actually prefer Matt here, and I thought they did a pretty good job of introducing him to audiences that might not have seen the Netflix shows.

Comment

• Moon Knight is set to come back! Oscar Isaac confirmed it!
        Anyway, very excitingly, Isaac confirmed that the end of Moon Knight doesn’t mean the end of his character, but he didn’t say whether his future appearances would be in a second season. So, we can certainly expect to see Marc and Steven again, but it could be elsewhere in the MCU.
        https://www.gamingbible.co.uk/news/m...firms-20221012
        And the 8th day God created KYLIE!!! <3

Comment

• That does make sense, I would find it very unusual for the MCU to dedicate an entire series to someone, with no intention of them fitting into the wider saga. That being said, I really do not know which upcoming movie or show Moon Knight would fit into.

I watched Werewolf by Night. On one hand, I think they absolutely nailed the old Hollywood horror aesthetic, but I didn't find the plot super engaging. Like Artoo said, I guess the bloodstone may reappear at some point in the future.

She-Hulk finale tonight!
          Come Play: GUESS THE VIDEO!

Comment

• Moon Knight may end up being part of something like Midnight Sons with Black Knight, Werewolf and Blade.
            Uk the only way

Comment

• A while bunch of films have now been delayed, which isn't overly surprising given some of the news around production pressure.
              • Blade has been moved from Nov 2023 to Sep 2024
              • Deadpool 3 has been moved from Sep 2024 to Nov 2024
              • Fantastic Four has been moved from Feb 2025 to Nov 2025
              • Avengers: Secret Wars has been moved from Nov 2025 to May 2026

Comment

• Some big delays IMO. Still somewhat crazy to think we will be three and a half years older when we finally get to watch Secret Wars!

Anyways, finally watched the 8th episode of She-Hulk yesterday and agreed that it's been the best one so far - though the ending was a bit overload. Her reaction was too much - but I guess her overreactions in a lot of scenes of the season are because of the Hulk genes?

Excited to see where this will end!

Comment

• I knew big delays were going to happen eventually but not that early. It's too complicated to organise a long-term plan with all these series and movies. At least, we are getting the movies at some point, they weren't canceled.

Comment

• WTF was that She-Hulk ending?

I loved it! The whole show has had its ups and downs but it really found its stride in the latter half of the season.

Some fun new characters were introduced and hopefully we’ll get to see some of them elsewhere - and nice to get direct confirmation of a season two being developed within the show itself

So overall MCU progression was the fact Bruce has an alien hulk son called Skaar. So that’s another hulk and another young avenger?

I didn’t know that that Universal had the distribution rights to any new Hulk movie which explains why we never got one, but apparently the rights might be reverting to Disney in 2023 - and apparently there’s a World War Hulk movie in development.

They’re really dragging out this young avenger business though - they’ll all be adults by the time they get to filming something with them all.

Comment

• She-Hulk's ending was the most unique and surprising thing to come out of the MCU in years. Loved it. The last 2 episodes have been the best in the show, along with the first one and maybe the fourth.
                      Find me here:

https://www.last.fm/user/jordi_89

Comment

• I just wish Disney would stop forcing Marvel to release so much content and not give them enough time to finish their products. 4 movies a year and 2-3 shows was fine already. Adding a fourth show can be handled (barely). But more than that is a big no, specially for the casual fans. (I'll still watch like 75-80% of that content anyway)
                        Find me here:

Comment

• Last night i watched the final episode of She-Hulk and my first thought was this: what a sh*t show after all. Obviously, i didn't like neither the final episode nor the whole series. it was fun at times but that's all. This show goes nowhere imo.

Comment

• I loved the final of She Hulk. Absolutely fantastic. I agree probably one of the best final episodes we've had with the TV shows.
                            Turn the lights down low and kiss me in the dark
                            'Cause when you're touching me, baby, I see sparks..

Comment

• Yes, the She-Hulk finale was really something else, I was impressed by how far they were willing to take it

Comment

Last night i watched the final episode of She-Hulk and my first thought was this: what a sh*t show after all. Obviously, i didn't like neither the final episode nor the whole series. it was fun at times but that's all. This show goes nowhere imo.
                                Do you think? I get the criticism because I wasn’t onboard for the first half of the season, but I thought it found it’s stride in the second half and I started to really like Jen. It could easily develop into a spoof of the ‘villain of the week’ genre, and become ‘Superhero of the week’ and start introducing lesser heroes the MCU have absolutely no interest in.

I’d prefer that to Titania storylines. But I really like Marvel developing a female superhero and exploring what it means to be a woman in this world. We need more leading ladies in the MCU.

I think the aim of the show was probably to move a few chess pieces around so that they didn’t need to do it in a movie, like introducing She-Hulk, Skaar and Abomination being rehabilitated into a good guy. It has now been announced that Harrison Ford is taking over the role of Thaddeus Ross, putting all the pieces together for a Hulk movie once Disney gets the rights next year.

Plus with Falcon now being Captain America (and getting his own movie), hopefully we’ll eventually get some sort of combined storyline with all these characters and sort out this whole super soldier serum business - so it’s nice to see all the threads potentially coming together… finally.

Comment

• The first trailer for Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantunmania is EPIC!!!
                                  Now, that's a movie I'm really looking forward to!
                                  I used the spoiler tags because iirc i've been warned in the past for not using them for trailers.
                                  ​​​​​​​
                                  Spoiler!

Comment

• No, you’ve been asked to keep trailer discussion in spoiler tags before - some trailers reveal some big things that some might wish to avoid (Patrick Stewart being in the trailer for Doctor Strange, for example).

I still remember that post telling everyone Doctor Strange was appearing in an upcoming episode of WandaVision. Fake news in the end, but you didn’t know that at the time.

I won’t be watching the trailer but I did see the poster on instagram and yes, I’m very hyped. Hopefully everything is going to start coming together, yet we have Wakanda to revisit before we get to any of that

Comment

• So I accidentally saw the trailer for The Guardians of The Galaxy Holiday Special and it looks so much fun. I’m so hyped for it

There’s a few big spoilers in the trailer so avoid if you don’t want to know!

Comment

• I'm way more excited for Quantumania than I am for Wakanda Forever.
                                        Find me here:

Comment

• Originally posted by jordi_89 View Post
                                          I'm way more excited for Quantumania than I am for Wakanda Forever.
                                          im very excited for BP2, i thought the first one was great and can't believe they're doing namor. long overdue for this character to get his spotlight
                                          what's going on?

Comment

• Originally posted by Plym View Post
                                            im very excited for BP2, i thought the first one was great and can't believe they're doing namor. long overdue for this character to get his spotlight
                                            Yeah and it looks like it's gonna be a good movie and the reception has been SO positive so far. But after Quantumania's trailer I'm really hyped for that one instead.
                                            Find me here:

Comment

• Paul Bettany is reportedly returning to the Marvel Cinematic Universe as Vision in a spin-off series titled Vision Quest for Disney+.

The 51-year-old will also play a version of the character seen at the end of WandaVision with an all-white color scheme created by S.W.O.R.D., according to Deadline.
                                              Not formally announced yet, but fingers crossed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Artoo View Post
                                                No, you’ve been asked to keep trailer discussion in spoiler tags before - some trailers reveal some big things that some might wish to avoid (Patrick Stewart being in the trailer for Doctor Strange, for example).

I still remember that post telling everyone Doctor Strange was appearing in an upcoming episode of WandaVision. Fake news in the end, but you didn’t know that at the time.

I won’t be watching the trailer but I did see the poster on instagram and yes, I’m very hyped. Hopefully everything is going to start coming together, yet we have Wakanda to revisit before we get to any of that
                                                People below this post of yours talk about the trailer of BP2 without spoiler tags, yet i'm the only one that ever got warned!
                                                No hard feelings though, i still love you and i mean it.

Does anyone know what's the next Marvel series that we are going to watch? Somehow i lost track, i work too many hours for weeks now...

Comment

Does anyone know what's the next Marvel series that we are going to watch? Somehow i lost track, i work too many hours for weeks now...
                                                  The Guardian of The Galaxy Holiday Special debuts at the end of November, but then we have to wait until phase 5 for the next TV show - I think it’s Secret Invasion next.

Comment

• Phase Five:

Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania - Feb 2023
                                                    Secret Invasion (D+)
                                                    What If…? Season 2 (D+)
                                                    Guardians of The Galaxy Vol 3 - May 2023
                                                    Echo (D+)
                                                    The Marvels - July 2023
                                                    Loki Season 2 (D+)
                                                    Ironheart (D+)
                                                    Agatha: Coven of Winter (D+)
                                                    Daredevil Reborn Again (D+) - 2024
                                                    Captain America: New World Order - May 2024
                                                    Thunderbolts - July 2024
                                                    Blade - September 2024

Not sure exactly where the shows will debut, nor do I see a big movie gap between The Marvels and Captain America, but that’s basically what’s announced and approximate debut estimations.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X